Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure V  (Read 134733 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure V
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2015, 06:50:36 am »

"City?" one child asks incredulously.

"I heard Sendai has everything!" a little girl offers helpfully.

"My daddy is going to buy me a real live dragon!" a young boy adds.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2015, 08:48:15 am »

Udo sighs, "If only, if only... I want a dragon too."
He shakes his head, "I misspoke. Does your village, Kurokawa, have a pharmacy or something?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:05 am »

"A what?" one child asks.

"He means medicine," a ten year old boy replies.

Then to Udo, he says - "The Village Elders have all the healing herbs and teas in their homes. But they are all fighting each other in the square. If you go there, they will beat you and throw you out! We can't go back there!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2015, 12:17:05 pm »

Udo looks to Yuki and the others with a shrug. "How do you think we can stop it? Isn't that what we came here for?"

He turns back to the children with a weak smile, "Do you know what they're fighting over? We want to help."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:18 pm »

"No," another child answers bursting into tears.

"They are mean, and yell at us, and throw rocks at us!"

"I want my daddy!"

The older boy then adds, "Our mothers are missing and our fathers chased us all out of the village. Then that monster ghost came to haunt us and made everyone sick."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:38 pm »

Miya walks over to the children and kneels down before them. "Then let us leave this village until my friends have calmed the storm."

She then gets up and offers a hand to the children to show she won't hurt them.
  "Come with me through the portal, you will be safe there."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2015, 12:59:35 pm »

"Halt!" one of the Samurai of Morioka yells from his side of the gate while looking through.

"What are you doing Wujen? And Samurai - who is your Daimyo? You cannot just pop into Morioka like this! And what is wrong with those children? They look diseased. Close this magic immediately!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2015, 01:46:54 pm »

Udo turns after Miya, "No! That's a bad idea, the disease could spread further if the kids go elsewhere. We have to deal with the problem now. Heck, I dunno... We need to screen ourselves, possibly. We need to get the medicines from the village after we settle things down." If only Roka was here, he could calm the folks pretty easy, I'd bet.

After stopping the kids from moving through the gate, Udo calls to the Samurai, "Err, sorry about that. But this village is disease ridden, and the children are being terrified by some sort of corrupted golem spirit thing." He looks back to Yuki, "But we have to keep it contained for now. What we need from Morioka is, uh... Yuki?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2015, 02:29:04 pm »

"Halt!" one of the Samurai of Morioka yells from his side of the gate while looking through.

"What are you doing Wujen? And Samurai - who is your Daimyo? You cannot just pop into Morioka like this! And what is wrong with those children? They look diseased. Close this magic immediately!"

"We are samurai of Sendai and our Daimyo is Shinsen Hasekura. These children were afflicted by a spirit and require assistance from the priests at your temple."

Yuki replies. She then turns to Udo.

"I see... Then we should banish the spirit quickly."

She then turns back to the Samurai of Morioka.

"In that case, we will need a priest to preform a blessing ritual so we can banish this spirit. And salt."

Yuki says. Then (assuming she can have two gates open at once) she casts a gate to the Red Shinto Arches on the Mountain Pass between the Mutsu and Dewa Provinces. In order to prevent too much of the disease from spreading, she decides to make the actual gate a bit off of the trail.

(OOC: Why is the OOC thread locked?)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2015, 02:46:44 pm »

"Ah, the famous Samurai of Sendai," the Morioka Samurai replies through the gate, covering his mouth at the mention of contagious diseases.

"Uhm, yes - keep the children there and we'll send a Priest through with some salt."

As she waited for the Priest and supplies, Yuki opened another Gate - this one opening on the Red Shinto Arches they had been to, when crossing the high mountain pass between the Mutsu and Dewa Provinces.

Sure enough, a number of silvery spirit willows were growing along the outskirts of the arches, all within sight of the gate.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »

"Udo, can you go cut down one of those spirit willows?"

Yuki requests, pointing to one of silvery spirit willows. She then turns to Miya and whispers:

"Ehehe, we're famous."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:59:44 pm by killa_robot »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2015, 03:06:00 pm »

"Yeah, though you'll have to tell me why at some point." Udo states with a chuckle, heading over there.

Once he passes through the gate, he tries to see if his Entangle-powers can be used for something like cutting down a tree, or he'd have to messily smash one off with a weapon.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

Udo considers to show the world just how powerful his Forest Ward abilities are by ripping an entire tree out of the ground as a giant bear, when he realizes how offensive that might be to the Earth itself."

"Uh, Yuki?" He calls, only turning his head back, "Are you sure we need an entire Spirit Willow Tree?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2015, 03:32:37 pm »

Udo considers to show the world just how powerful his Forest Ward abilities are by ripping an entire tree out of the ground as a giant bear, when he realizes how offensive that might be to the Earth itself."

"Uh, Yuki?" He calls, only turning his head back, "Are you sure we need an entire Spirit Willow Tree?"

"We need the heart of a freshly felled spirit willow."

Yuki replies, as if she's mentally reading off of something.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »

"Right..."
Udo nods, mostly to himself. He sets his footing and plants his feet into the ground as he transforms into a Dire Bear.
Once formed completely, Udo Kuwabara will growl angrily at the tree before attempting to slash at its lower areas, and then ram it to knock it over in a safe zone so it doesn't hit the other trees. Assuming that succeeds, he will surgically cut into the bark, and search for whatever the 'heart of a tree' is.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »

In a rather savage fashion, Udo manages to uproot and peel away the bark and outer trunk of a Spirit Willow - obtaining a decent section of the central rings (AKA the heart).

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2015, 03:48:42 pm »

Grabbing at the Heart, Udo carries it to the gate back to Kurokawa, shuffling his paws to kick his clothes back there as well.
Once back, he lays it on the ground near Yuki, though he doesn't bother to morph back just yet.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:33 pm »

Rai looks at udo and casts send thoughts and asks, "Are we infected again?"
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2015, 04:10:56 pm »

Udo turns to him and gives a soft growl back. Maybe, dunno. You'd think Yuki's elemental would have cured us for sure, but I'm not certain about it. We'll have to wait and see. Won't be a problem if we can find some Ofudas, though.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2015, 07:10:38 pm »

After a few minutes, a Priest of the Morioka Temple of The Ancestors arrives at the Gate with a large sack of salt in each arm.

Stepping through the gate he asks, "You need a circle of salt? This should be enough. What are we looking at here?"

Then looking at the children he grimaces - "Ooh, that's a nasty pox. Probably a good idea to close the Gate to Morioka."

"I'll stay here and help where I can."

Setting the salt down, he then summons another Water Elemental and directs it to start cleansing more children.

"The name is Yoshi Ueshima," he continues, "nice to meet you."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2015, 07:18:31 pm »

"Thank you for your assistance, Yoshi Ueshima. We need to create a Shinto blessed club out of the heart of a freshly felled spirit willow."

Yuki replies, pointing to what Udo brought back with him.

"Do you need anything from Morioka to preform such a ritual?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2015, 07:28:59 pm »

"OK, that makes sense," the Priest Yoshi says, taking out some prayer strips and incense. "Won't take but a moment," he continues, lighting the incense with a candle he draws from a pocket (that happens to already be lit at the time).

After making some signs over the piece of Spirit Willow with his fingers and grunting out a few prayer words, he smiles and pockets everything again - burning candle, smoking incense, and all.

"That should do it," he smiles.

"So you got a Corruption Spirit, eh?"

"Good, good, Easy enough to deal with, just got to wallop it in the mask. There's far worse Yori out there to be sure. Rather fortunate this is all you had to deal with."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2015, 08:14:58 pm »

Yuki closes the gates for now.

"There may be more. Something in the town dispelled my wind elemental when I sent it to investigate."

She replies.

"But yes, it's a corruption spirit. Can you stay here with the children while we investigate the rest of the village?"

She requests.

"And Udo, you should use the... club?"

Yuki suggests, tilting her head upon realizing he's still in bear form.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2015, 08:24:09 pm »

Rai looks at the priest and says, "We should probably separate the healthy children from the sick ones to keep them from being infected again.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:36 am »

Bah, can't stay like this forever. The bear gives a sigh, taking the club from Yuki with its mouth and dropping it before shifting back into human Udo.

"Yeah," Udo grunts, meanwhile getting his clothes back on, "When will the spirit be back?" Once done with that, he'd pick up the club.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2015, 01:31:03 am »

"Probably in a few hours. We should have enough time to investigate the rest of the village before it returns."

Yuki replies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:47 am »

"Oh, it should only be a half hour or so, form being physically destroyed, for a Corruption Spirit," Priest Yoshi replies, picking the salt bags up.

Then handing one to Rai, he continues - "If you would, help me pour a circle of salt around this collection of little huts. The children can stay in there and the Yori won't be able to get to them."

"It will also serve to keep them from becoming re-infected."

At that point, the Water Elemental comes over to report that it has (like Yuki's Elemental), run out of spell energy. The Priest thanks it, dismisses it, and then summons a new one.

"Please cleanse as many of these children of disease as you can," he directs the new Elemental.

Then to Yuki he says, "We should only need one more elemental after that one."

"Now then, to contain the Contagion from spreading to the rest of the village," he continues, "we all should stand in the salt circle and wait for the Yori to come back."

"Once it is dealt with, then the risk of accidently spreading the disease will greatly be reduced."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2015, 07:11:08 am »

Then, as an after thought, he adds, "Besides, if you really do have more than this one Yori to deal with here, it's best to tackle these sort of things one at a time."

"So then, what can you tell me about what's going on here?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2015, 01:37:04 pm »

Rai nods and starts making a circle of salt around the town.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »

Not being a very good liar, Yuki explains to Yoshi how she and the other samurai dug up the fallen heroes, about Yunikawa's betrayal, and about the Ancestors instructing them about fixing this city (she won't mention anything about the diamyo or Rokurokubi).

She then will use read aura on Yoshi to see what kind of person he is.

"Also, I saw what seemed to be the men of the village in a brawl at the city centre before coming here."

She'll finish with.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2015, 03:17:05 pm »

"Oh my, what an unfortunate series of events," Yoshi says - as Yuki sees from his aura, he is a Good aligned Priest of some experience.

Then, concerning the village, he adds, "Hmm... another Yori for sure. These things are quite territorial."

"If the children were here, and the men are fighting in there, and the village women and youth are missing, then we are looking at a minimum of three to four Yori - each with its own thrall of poor villagers to torment."

Then, as if on cue - the Corruption Spirit suddenly re-manifests on the road outside the circle of salt...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:38:35 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2015, 03:33:47 pm »

"Udo, attack!"

Yuki yells dramatically, casting karma drain then jinx on the spirit. She'll also use alter chance if it seems like Udo might miss the mask of the spirit.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:35:44 pm by killa_robot »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2015, 03:49:15 pm »

Looking at the re-manifested spirit Miya gains an amused smile as she draws her bow in case Udo fails in his attack.
 "At least this means that the village is safe from that spirit right?"
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »

Rai says, "Damn at least stay dead for a little while longer!" He stays just inside the circle.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »

With but a nod, Udo runs at the corruption spirit and angrily takes a heavy swing at its head.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2015, 08:14:25 am »

With a powerful overhand swing, Udo brings the Shinto-Blessed club down on the Yori's vile head - splatting worms and parasites everywhere and knocking the porcelain face mask right down into the thing's chest cavity for 10 Damage.

Undeterred, the Corruption Spirit slams Udo across the waist with its disgusting appendage - doing 8 Damage and covering Udo in more of those little mottled maggots.

A moment later, and the porcelain face mask rises back up with a newly constituted head.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2015, 08:22:11 am »

"Ooh! You almost got it!" Priest Yoshi cheers - "Aim for the mask!"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:00 pm »

Goddammit. Udo grunts, covered in slime. This time, he specifically aims for the mask (since head isn't specific enough).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2015, 05:39:49 pm »

Udo lines up a strike. just as the Yori opens its mouth wide - to disgorge a massive swarm of lanky black mosquitoes and tiny biting gnats. These immediately fly into Udo's eyes, nose, and ears - blinding him, while suffocating his breathing, and drowning out all sound with an incessant buzzing!

Ignoring all this, Udo takes his swing and feels the Shinto Blessed club find its mark - smashing the white porcelain facemask and shattering it into dust!

Immediately the Yori howls with a terrible cry and begins to roil in upon itself – stumbling about blindly as it does.

A moment later it seems to draw in a great rush of air (sucking in the swarm of mosquitoes and gnats dive-bombing Udo), and then utterly implodes with a loud pop!

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »

"Good work, Udo! Now, let's look into the rest of the village and rid them of their Yori."

Yuki says.

"Yoshi, we'll leave the care of the children to you!"

She announces, beginning to walk into the village with her water elemental.

"We'll let you know what we find, probably."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2015, 06:26:59 pm »

"Ah, yes, OK then," Yoshi replies - "be careful!"

"I'll be here with the kids if you need any more help."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2015, 06:56:38 pm »

Rai yells at yuki, "Wait till Udo is healed before we go into the village. He was just fighting corruption."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2015, 09:52:08 pm »

"Don't worry about it, Rai." Udo mutters after having a coughing fit, trying to swipe away the gunk sprayed on him. "Just follow Yuki, I'll catch up pretty soon."

He turns to the priest, "Priest Yoshi, thank you for your assistance, but uh, can you please heal me?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:08 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "No we are a team I will wait for you here. Besides when we get jumped whose going to disable the villagers without killing them.  I don't have much hand to hand combat training neither does Yuki or Miya were all long range. We need you to fight the angry men in town."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2015, 07:47:35 am »

Priest Yoshi, casts Suppress Toxins on Udo, curing him of any infectious diseases the yori may have given him.

"Probably best you all go together," he adds, "but either way, you must take care not to enter the Yoris' domains without the proper precautions, or you will come under their power. Unfortunately, you'll need to find out what kind of yori they are first, before you'll know what precautions to take."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

Now how are we going to do that? Hopefully Yuki can do something with her Wujen powers...

Udo bows, "Thank you priest. Hopefully we'll be able to deal with them. But for now, what are you going to do with the children? I'm honestly not sure how contagious the disease is."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »

"I'm going to keep them here until you Samurai clear the village and make right whatever it is the Ancestors wanted you to make right here (these Yori I suspect being part of that) haha!"

"And now that the corruption yori is gone, I think you will all be OK."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2015, 01:08:06 am »

"I wonder if these Yori were summoned by Yunikawa?"
 Miya says as she begins walking after Yuki to make sure she is safe. She throws a glance back at Rai and Udo in an effort to make them hurry up.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2015, 09:38:51 am »

It was getting late in the afternoon, as Yuki, Miya, Udo, and Rai left Priest Yoshi and the children in the shantytown and moved cautiously into the village. No one was around in any of the outer buildings, and each looked as if it had simply been abandoned and left as is; with a thin layer of undisturbed dust that now covered everything.

Approaching the village square, a loud commotion could be heard ahead.

Quietly creeping between the houses (which really wasn’t necessary due to all the noise), the Samurai looked out and could see the square filled with the older men of the village, perhaps sixty or so – all fist-fighting each other in some kind of massive brawl.

Like Yuki had seen with her Clairvoyance, they were incredibly brutal with each other and gave no rhyme or reason to their attacks – punching, kicking, biting, choking, and throwing each other around with reckless abandon.

Using Spirit Sight, Yuki and Udo could both see another unmanifested Yori, standing in the square amidst the raucous mob.

It appeared as a twelve foot tall O-Bakemono (ogre) and was armed with a massive black naginata that seemed to weep blood continuously, staining the Yori’s hands and arms in a crimson sheen. It wore course iron plates banded with barbed chains across the expanse of its heavily muscular body and a ferocious-looking war mask fashioned of rough iron.

Yuki knew that this Yori was far more powerful than the last one the Samurai had faced – it was Malice – one she knew well from her studies of mystic lore.

This Yori could stir up the hearts of men to incredible depths of hate and anger and was sometimes the cause of much senseless bloodshed and, in one recorded case, even caused a civil war.

The villagers trapped in its power would fight and brawl and do everything short of killing each other, magically sustained by the Yori to do so indefinitely. Anyone unlucky enough to be caught by these men would be beaten senseless and thrown back out of the Yori’s domain – that is, if they did not fall sway to the Yori’s power first.

Fortunately, Yuki also knew how to banish it, but therein lay the problem – it needed to be splashed with the sorrowful tears of the village women…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2015, 11:57:18 am »

"Hmm... Okay, let's go find the women now."

Yuki announces quietly, carefully avoiding the village square. During this time, she'll start up Send Thoughts with the Exalted Patriarch to see if the Daiymo has arrived yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up