Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure V  (Read 134736 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure V
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2015, 12:00:23 pm »

The Daimyo has not arrived as yet, comes back the reply.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2015, 12:02:27 pm »

Yuki thanks the Exalted Patriarch then turns to Miya.

"By the way, how was my mother?"

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 17, 2015, 02:34:44 pm »

Rai assuming Yuki knows what is going on turns away with her and sneaks into the led helping clear the way for the others.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2015, 12:03:44 am »

Yuki thanks the Exalted Patriarch then turns to Miya.

"By the way, how was my mother?"

Miya gives a look of confusion as she follows Rai and Yuki in stealth mode before sheepishly responding to Yuki.
 "Oh, I knew I forgot something... I did not visit her after we separated Yuki, but last I heard she was taking care of those who had lost their homes from the attack at her Archery School."

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:48:31 am by Fireplay »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2015, 01:10:25 am »

"You... you forgot?"

Yuki replies in a grave tone.

"If Miya is forgetting things the world really is in danger..."

She says to no one in particular., shaking her head.

"So, she doesn't know what has become of us then?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »

As the Samurai walked and talked - Moving from the village and to the south, where the Samurai would cross the river by way of the old stone bridge that lead into the fields, they caught sight of something quite unusual.

Down on the banks of the river was a large bathhouse that the Samurai had not seen before. It was much too splendid to have ever been a part of the village; large and spacious; with brightly colored woodwork and shimmering silk in the high windows. A soft glow came from within, as well as clouds of steam and the heavy sent of bath oil and perfume.

Looking at the bathhouse with her Sorcerer’s Sight, Yuki could tell that the building was a magical construct – physical, yet not wholly real.

Udo meanwhile, while unable to understand completely the arcane nature of the bathhouse, could see with his Spirit Sight the great spiritual energy radiating from it, and knew that it was not something of this world.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:35:09 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »

"Hmm..."

Yuki ponders, observing the bathhouse.

"I think it's for you, Udo."

She remarks with a smile, pointing at the bathhouse.

"Go inside."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:15:30 pm by killa_robot »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »

"A bath house of the the spiritual sort?" Udo ponders aloud, shaking his head. "If you say so, Yuki. I hope it's safe..."

Watching where he treads, Udo slowly walks in...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2015, 07:25:12 pm »

"I hope so too, good luck!"

Yuki says with a laugh.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2015, 11:13:18 pm »

Rai looks at it and says, "Udo stop. Yuki that was a bad suggestion. This is a new building and it could be where the women from town are which means there is likely another spirit."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2015, 12:47:16 am »

Udo stops for a moment, "... Which means we need to go inside it. Well, Yuki does, since she'll be able to tell us how we're supposed to deal with the spirits."
He turns his head back to the others, "I dunno, it seems that the bath house is of great spiritual energy, I think Yuki back me up or something, of only since I can't identify the spirits like she can."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2015, 10:24:32 am »

"How about we draw a line of salt around the bathhouse first or is that not needed?"
 Miya suggests while trying to get over the shock of forgetting something for once in her life.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2015, 12:36:43 pm »

Rai looks at udo and says, "Why don't you send one of your furry friends inside to check out the place? Maybe they can give us an idea as to what we are facing."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2015, 01:35:00 pm »

"I suppose you're right..."

Yuki says, looking at Rai.

"Well, guess we'll just have to go inside and find out."

She decides, walking towards the entrance of the bathhouse. On the way she'll pull out her Lopan and cast Danger Sense

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2015, 01:41:35 pm »

And knowing Yuki Rai will cut her off and lift her up in a firman's carriage and say, "No yuki if all the women in there is effected with a Yori we don't want it to happen to you as well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:59:14 pm by cool74 »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

"Don't worry, Rai, we'll probably be fine."

Yuki says confidently while being held on Rai's shoulder.

"Now march!"

She says, holding her arm our towards the bathhouse.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2015, 02:39:43 pm »

"You are not going any where until Udo finishes recon." Rai says.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »

Yuki's Lopan shows no sign of imminent danger...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2015, 03:01:45 pm »

"You are not going any where until Udo finishes recon." Rai says.

"Aww..."

Yuki replies, going limp on Rai's shoulder in a defeated fashion.

"Not like his squirrels will discover anything useful."

She mumbles to herself. Yuki then idly looks around to see if she notices anything interesting.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2015, 04:52:56 pm »

Udo sighs before directing 8 of his squirrels to search through the bath house and report back. "alright guys, tell me what you find in there."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »

Udo's squirrels chitter in the affirmative and then scurry into the bathhouse. A minute later, only seven squirrels come back out to report.

'Lots of steam inside' they communicate to Udo - Hard to see. Many humans inside mating. They got Fred! Not Fred! Poor Fred!'

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 19, 2015, 06:42:08 pm »

"His sacrifice wasn't in vain." Udo states with a nod to his squirrels, and then turns back to the group.

"Apparently they have some sort of, uh, meeting in there. But not the dangerous kind. Usually, at least,, I mean, they took a squirrel in there, so I guess it could get dangerous... I dunno. But we should probably fix this, regardless. I guess we can go in, but we will need to keep an eye out for the Spirit causing the, err, debauchery-- and then how to deal with it."

Awkwardly, Udo turns forward, "So, uh, yeah."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »

"Debauchery?" Rai asks with a smile and says, "Man, Roka is going to be pissed he missed this. So me and yuki go in. Unfortunately, I don't have spirit sight or I would just go in myself and hopefully get out quickly. Udo if were not out in 5 minutes turn into an animal since the yori don't seem to be affecting them and try to pull Yuki and me out. However prioritize Yuki she is more important because she knows how to dispel yori." 

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2015, 09:48:10 pm »

"I see. So you want to go into a bathhouse of debauchery with me, alone..."

Yuki says, lazily. Obviously not wanting this to occur, Yuki does an escape roll to get away from Rai. She then casts Mental Invisibility.

"I can enter just fine without being seen. There's no need for anyone else to come."

She announces, calmly walking towards the entrance of the bathhouse.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:11:19 pm by killa_robot »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2015, 10:28:56 pm »

Rai casts mental invisibility and jumps out ahead and says, "I am not Roka. I am going in as a back up and because I move more silently then you and like I said your more important if you get caught we won't ever figure out what is going on. Hopefully, my presence would distract the yori giving you a chance to flee or there is the chance it is just girls in there and they are the only ones infacted in that case I would be the back up to pull you out."

"Besides your to young for my tastes." rai adds a quick and to furry in his head.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:07:58 am by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2015, 10:39:19 pm »

"I don't really know what to you think you can do in there, Rai, but, uh..." Udo shrugs, Rai already leaving.

"Hey, Squirrels, what type of humans were in the bath house? Male or female?" He asks, chittering quizzically. It'd be pretty bad if either Rai or Yuki were put under the spell.

Soon after, he turns to Miya, "You know, I thought you'd be following Rai there, being his bodyguard and all. Heh."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:40 am »

Miya shrugs as she continues to watch the area for danger.
 "I don't have any invisibility and an archer isn't much use inside a small 'cramped' building. If Rai falls under the spell of the Yori then I will do what I can to help, but seeing as how we can't do anything about it yet I have no reason to risk myself and the group to provide minor protection."

She smirks before continuing, as if amused by something.
 "Why don't you go in there as a bear or something to guard him for me, the Yori seem less interested in the natural wildlife so you should be safe. Who knows, I might even handle your arrow later..."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2015, 12:42:02 am »

"Miya stop teasing him. Udo the reason your not going in is because an animal capable of dragging someone out can't be stealthy or you would be going in." Rai replies with a smile.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

"What? I can't have some fun once in a while?"
 Miya says in an amused voice.

"Would you like me to accompany you Rai? I don't know how helpful I will be inside however."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2015, 01:19:21 am »

"What? I can't have some fun once in a while?"
 Miya says in an amused voice.

"Would you like me to accompany you Rai? I don't know how helpful I will be inside however."

Rai shakes his head and says, "Nope your good out here."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2015, 09:26:34 am »

As Yuki and Rai head in, Udo's squirrels report 'male and female of course. What else could mate?'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2015, 10:04:17 am »

Moving through the doorway, Yuki and Rai took a few steps before the steam cleared enough for them to actually see into the interior of the spacious bathhouse. The floors where of glossy white tile and the walls of ivory with white waxwood accents. Dark stone benches surrounded the outer walls, while four massive raised pools of the same material occupied the central area – each pool reached by a wide flight of steps and heated like some giant cauldron from a glowing fire set beneath. Steam and the heavy sent of bath oils and perfume rolled from the pools and billowed up to the high domed ceiling above, which was painted to look like a pleasant afternoon sky. There, a gentle breeze, entering though the high silk draped windows, carried away the steam in swirling eddies.

Below, thrown about the space between the pools, was a myriad of rattan whicker furnishings and overstuffed pillows. It was here, and in the pools themselves, that the Samurai were greeted with a sight most obscene – For every missing villager of age (both male and female) were within the bathhouse and embroiled in a wanton orgy of carnal depravity. Centered in this hedonistic mass of undulating flesh was an obese and haggard old crone with burning eyes and a bald head. She cackled hideously like a fat Madame as men and women both tried to satisfy her unquenchable desires. But while the villagers so engaged, moaned, giggled, and panted with their pleasure seeking, their faces told another story – for each shown with terrible exhaustion and the glossed-over stare of the enthralled.

And here also, there was a powerful pull – an unreasoning compulsion to join in the ribaldry (resisted for now with -1 Luck Point each)…

Looking with her spirit sight, Yuki immediately recognized the old crone as the Yori ‘Lust’. It would trap men and women in its power, seeking to satisfy its degenerate needs – sustaining its victims magically without food or rest, but at the expense of their chi energy. Those caught up under its spell would eventually die, after slowly being drained of their energy and life force. These villagers had obviously been at it for some time, and would not last much longer than another day or so at best.

Yuki also knew that this Yori was one of the most powerful Yori there was. Even now, it was draining the Samurai’s will; and if they remained here long, they would eventually succumb to the Yori’s power. Luckily, the Lust Yori was also one of the easiest to banish (assuming one had enough self-control to complete the ritual, before falling under the Yori’s power).  And no, it wasn’t by satisfying it – for Lust could never be satisfied.

One simply had to confront the Yori with a scolding rebuke from an innocent child (while maintaining the child’s innocence throughout the ritual - generally accomplished with a blindfold)…

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2015, 10:19:32 am »

Rai turns at looks at yuki grabs her and runs out of the building.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:52 am »

She smirks before continuing, as if amused by something.
 "Why don't you go in there as a bear or something to guard him for me, the Yori seem less interested in the natural wildlife so you should be safe. Who knows, I might even handle your arrow later..."
"Uh, not really sure what you mean by that, uh, last part?" Udo remarks back with an awkward chuckle, "But I dunno if the bear thing would work, as fun as it might be..." Frank...
"But we'll see how things go. Hopefully both Yuki and Rai can resist whatever temptations there are in there. Apparently there are both men and women cohabitating in there."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:19 pm »

Rai turns at looks at yuki grabs her and runs out of the building.

"Well, now we need a child."

She says with a nod.

"Can you go get one, Rai?"

Yuki asks with a tilt of her head.

"And a blindfold."

"... And a small container to hold liquid in."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »

As Yuki went over in her mind what they had to do next, it occurred to her that she couldn't quite remember the entire Ritual to banish the lust Yori. There was something else, after the Rebuke of the Innocent...

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

"Well, now we need a child."

She says with a nod.

"Can you go get one, Rai?"

Yuki asks with a tilt of her head.

"And a blindfold."

"... And a small container to hold liquid in."

Rai nods and asks, "Anything else?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »

Rai nods and asks, "Anything else?"

"Hmm... Ask Yoshi what he knows about the lust Yori."

Yuki replies.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2015, 02:58:32 pm »

"One last question. Why do you need this?" Rai asks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:57:01 pm by cool74 »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 20, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

"One last question. Why do you need this?" Rai asks.

"Um... For the Yori, Rai."

Yuki replies.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 20, 2015, 06:29:06 pm »

"What was the Yori in town again?" Rai asks.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »

"What was the Yori in town again?" Rai asks.

"Malice. Why?"

Yuki asks, confused as to why Rai is asking such pointless questions.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 20, 2015, 08:34:11 pm »

"Cool" Rai responds and dashes over to the priest and says, "Hey what do you know about banishing the Lust and Malice Yori?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2015, 07:40:30 am »

“Ooh, those are nasty ones,” Yoshi replies to Rai’s sudden appearance and queries.

“The malice one just needs to be splashed with the sorrowful tears of the women in the village who care about their men and don’t wish to see them fighting.”

“You need to be careful though – because once you get rid of a Malice Yori, all the wounds the men have up to that point will be real. It is possible that a few could die from their injuries, if they are severe enough. Also be prepared to have to fight your way through the thralls to get to the Yori.”

“The Lust Yori is a bit more difficult,” Yoshi continues, “for her, you can banish her for twelve hours by having an innocent child deliver the ‘Virtuous Rebuke’. It’s just a simple call to shame, but you need to be wary that the Yori does not try to spoil the child’s innocence before the rebuke can be given.”

“That could be by getting the child to look at what the grownups are doing, or worse, getting the grownups to pull the child into their own lascivious acts.”

‘After the rebuke, you’ll need to have all the victims meditate in atoning prayer to the Ancestors for eight hours afterwards – or the Yori will just keep coming back. If even one villager fails to atone with the rest, the Yori will be able to come back and do it all over again. This part is very important.”

“If you like, I can lead the villagers in their meditations after you banish the Yori with the rebuke. Though we’ll need some men to ensure that they all stick around to do so until the end.”

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:53 am »

Rai nods and says, "In that case we have a bit of a conumdram, all the woman and men from 13-25 are affected by lust and all the older men are affected by malice. So we need to free the woman and men get one of them to cry over the fighting use that to banish malice and hope that the older men can keep the others in line for the prayer. Is that correct?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:29 am »

"Uhm... I suppose so... What?" Yoshi asks confused. "Are you saying free the women, then the men, then do the prayer meditation with the women?"

"If so, then yes, that should work, as long as the eight hours of meditation are done before the twelve hours are up between the Virtuous Rebuke and the Yori reforming..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2015, 11:48:06 am »

Yuki shakes her head as Rai walks away.

"What a strange one..."

She then decides to send thoughts to her mother, to finally let her know everyone is well (while walking back to Miya and Udo).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2015, 11:58:21 am »

Yuki's Mom sends back - 'I know dear; Thanks to your friend Roka. He's with me now, we're meeting with General Meji about how to handle this Korean Lee fellow.'

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:26 pm »

Rai asks, "Do you have a container or bowl we can put the tears in?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:14:36 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2015, 02:14:23 pm »

"Will this do?" Yoshi asks, handing a wooden bowl to Rai, as the children curiously crowd in around to see what's going on.

"Did you find my mommy yet?" a little boy asks Rai.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up