Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Side Quest OOC 1  (Read 411851 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Side Quest OOC 1
« Reply #600 on: July 28, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »

Also, note one thing - two of the players have opposing sidequests (sidequests where they work against each other). Both players have been informed of this, and I'm warning them now - if one player is significantly ahead of the other in updates, then i'll have to ignore one of you for a while, since I intend for the timelines for the sidequest(s) to result in a cross at some point (it's much more satisfying than both of you working against one another and never actually getting to compete with the other person. It's one thing to compete with someone head-to-head, another entirely to get to the place and find out the competition was finished without you).

How would the second scenario even work?  If they're working against each other, how would you know what response to give to the one who's ahead in time, since their opponent hasn't acted yet.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:17 pm »

Oh, and by the way - I was thinking, do you guys want me to summarize Boukephos' annointing of Anton and Kiril as official vampire lords? (In which case, i'll account for the lack of detail and description through implications that he thoroughly abused Dominate and left the vampires of the city with no clear image or sense of him save for his approval of you two) or do you want to run through it personally?

I'd personally prefer to summarize it, to save time, but if you guys want to run it personally then we can do it in your private sidequest threads. You'll never fall behind Berka or Forge so we'd be good on time there, I suppose. Main problem is that neither of you would be present for your "coronations", so to speak.

Which I suppose could work - Anton has a rather urgent mission from Basilio, we could say that he went to Krondstadt right away to collect his chosen servants and be annointed before leaving, while Kiril prepared a festival in Sophia for his great grandsire.

How would the second scenario even work?  If they're working against each other, how would you know what response to give to the one who's ahead in time, since their opponent hasn't acted yet.

I wouldn't, which is why i'd wait for the other person to catch up ;)

Fact of the matter is, while it might suck to wait a while, it would suck even more to never meet your opponent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 28, 2015, 09:45:42 pm »

Since Anton won't be there, I'm fine with a summarized coronation.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »

Oh, and by the way - I was thinking, do you guys want me to summarize Boukephos' annointing of Anton and Kiril as official vampire lords? (In which case, i'll account for the lack of detail and description through implications that he thoroughly abused Dominate and left the vampires of the city with no clear image or sense of him save for his approval of you two) or do you want to run through it personally?

I'd personally prefer to summarize it, to save time, but if you guys want to run it personally then we can do it in your private sidequest threads. You'll never fall behind Berka or Forge so we'd be good on time there, I suppose. Main problem is that neither of you would be present for your "coronations", so to speak.

Which I suppose could work - Anton has a rather urgent mission from Basilio, we could say that he went to Krondstadt right away to collect his chosen servants and be annointed before leaving, while Kiril prepared a festival in Sophia for his great grandsire.

Summarizing is fine with me.

I wouldn't, which is why i'd wait for the other person to catch up ;)

Fact of the matter is, while it might suck to wait a while, it would suck even more to never meet your opponent.

I still can't even imagine how that would work.

"Okay, I've discovered Steeple stole the tablet.  I'm going to his haven to confront him, (insert large description of preparations)
Kiril summons dark steel tentacles and prepares to attack."

"Yeah, Steeple's not there anymore.  He moved last week. Oh, and Sherazhina deserted Kiril to join Anton."

"What?  Can't I at least try to stop her?"

"No, I already told Aman he succeeded.  Look at your character sheet, I updated it."

"Why is Kiril crippled?!"

"Steeple set you on fire.  It's not my fault you don't pay attention to your character sheet- I updated every time you took damage."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2015, 09:48:45 pm »

Since Anton won't be there, I'm fine with a summarized coronation.

Anton's also getting one, so to speak, haha.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2015, 09:49:07 pm »

Didn't that last one happen to you before? XD

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2015, 09:49:58 pm »

I think it is more that you do separate stuff until the "Kiril send tentacles into the hideout" part. Then both side have to wait until steeple is there, then basically it will proceed normally with Drack copy pasting over each others moves until you are separate again.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2015, 09:51:33 pm »

I think it is more that you do separate stuff until the "Kiril send tentacles into the hideout" part. Then both side have to wait until steeple is there, then basically it will proceed normally with Drack copy pasting over each others moves until you are separate again.
Yeah, I think Seth realizes that. He's talking about the other way,
another entirely to get to the place and find out the competition was finished without you).
Not waiting doesn't seem possible, ha ha.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »

lol yes I know.  I'm just pointing out it seems silly to imagine it going the other way.

Didn't that last one happen to you before? XD

Yes.  Yes it did.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2015, 09:54:01 pm »

He hasn't even noticed that Kiril has lost an arm to agg. Damage from the acid he never wiped off after the fight

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:52 pm »

Summarizing is fine with me.

I still can't even imagine how that would work.

"Okay, I've discovered Steeple stole the tablet.  I'm going to his haven to confront him, (insert large description of preparations)
Kiril summons dark steel tentacles and prepares to attack."

"Yeah, Steeple's not there anymore.  He moved last week. Oh, and Sherazhina deserted Kiril to join Anton."

"What?  Can't I at least try to stop her?"

"No, I already told Aman he succeeded.  Look at your character sheet, I updated it."

"Why is Kiril crippled?!"

"Steeple set you on fire.  It's not my fault you don't pay attention to your character sheet- I updated every time you took damage."

The Fark are you talking about? XD

Here's how it's going to happen:

I update Kiril till he gets to the point in the story timeline where the pivotal event happens.

Steeple's a little behind because Heldric and Steeple are taking forever, so I tell you, out of character - "Okay dude, pause, no more action until the other guy is up to date.

You're both at the same place - then, boo ya, game starts for realsies.

Oh, wait, you mean if I DIDN'T do that. Well, in that case, yeah, basically. It would go as me saying "Sherazhina didn't tell you anything and you had no reason to suspect, busy with other stuff (trying to find Steeple(you know, how like Renzo abandoned Bastian near the end)) or "Yeah, Steeple stole the macguffin while you were still having the ceremony with Boukephos."

See, thing is, the timelines here are completely arbitrary. There is literally no reason for the two opposing sidequests to intersect, since one of the princes has reason to act long before the other. I'm doing it because it's more satisfying plot-wise, and much more fun to run through. In general, posts tend to be our way of measuring time in a game, rather than anything else really.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:05 pm »

He hasn't even noticed that Kiril has lost an arm to agg. Damage from the acid he never wiped off after the fight

. . . I actually went and checked. XD

Oh, wait, you mean if I DIDN'T do that. Well, in that case, yeah, basically. It would go as me saying "Sherazhina didn't tell you anything and you had no reason to suspect, busy with other stuff (trying to find Steeple(you know, how like Renzo abandoned Bastian near the end)) or "Yeah, Steeple stole the macguffin while you were still having the ceremony with Boukephos."

Are you criticizing that?

See, thing is, the timelines here are completely arbitrary.

I know.  You get that I'm just kidding, right?  That I'm not actually confused/complaining?

There is literally no reason for the two opposing sidequests to intersect, since one of the princes has reason to act long before the other.

Only because you decided when to start everyone's side quests.   There's no compelling reason to assume Anton/Kiril had to have happened before or after Steeple/Heldric.

You'd essentially be saying "because Kiril wrapped up his quest first, he acts before Steeple" or "Because Daed was finished first, Lucien gets to complete his entire private quest before anyone else can do anything" or "Because Prince went to camp or something, Daniel doesn't get to factor into anyone's private quests."

I'm doing it because it's more satisfying plot-wise, and much more fun to run through. In general, posts tend to be our way of measuring time in a game, rather than anything else really.

True. 

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2015, 10:28:24 pm »

Are you criticizing that?

Criticizing what?

I know.  You get that I'm just kidding, right?  That I'm not actually confused/complaining?

Yep yep

Only because you decided when to start everyone's side quests.   There's no compelling reason to assume Anton/Kiril had to have happened before or after Steeple/Heldric.

This was also an entirely arbitrary process, though at least partially based on how long I though it would take all of you to accomplish your stated goals (Kiril gaining some allies won't take as long as Heldric setting up and assuming control of a city through a guild system, or Steeple's desperation in his financial combat against Vladivostok).

You'd essentially be saying "because Kiril wrapped up his quest first, he acts before Steeple" or "Because Daed was finished first, Lucien gets to complete his entire private quest before anyone else can do anything" or "Because Prince went to camp or something, Daniel doesn't get to factor into anyone's private quests."

Well, I am saying that for Daniel (we'd have to wait a lot longer for him than anyone else).

For the most part, most of that is true, yeah.

True. 

Yep yep

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:43 pm »

Criticizing what?
"like how Renzo abandoned Bastian at the end"

Yep yep

This was also an entirely arbitrary process, though at least partially based on how long I though it would take all of you to accomplish your stated goals (Kiril gaining some allies won't take as long as Heldric setting up and assuming control of a city through a guild system, or Steeple's desperation in his financial combat against Vladivostok).
He's setting up an entire guild system?  That will take years. . .

Well, I am saying that for Daniel (we'd have to wait a lot longer for him than anyone else).
Haha, yeah, I forgot that I meant to include that comment. XD
For the most part, most of that is true, yeah.

Yep yep

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2015, 11:12:55 pm »

"like how Renzo abandoned Bastian at the end

Hey, that was your decision to make in regards to Renzo's character once you saw that Bastian was going to get himself brutally murdered trying to kill me.

"He's setting up an entire guild system?  That will take years. . .

Yes, the process is, however, greatly expedited by the fact that Heldric has a vampiric ally greatly experienced in the use of Presence.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2015, 11:27:09 pm »

Hey, that was your decision to make in regards to Renzo's character once you saw that Bastian was going to get himself brutally murdered trying to kill me.
No, I mean it sounded like you were claiming I did something unfair with time in renzo's arc.
Yes, the process is, however, greatly expedited by the fact that Heldric has a vampiric ally greatly experienced in the use of Presence.

Being impressive doesn't cause people to spontaneously create social orders involving systems of apprenticeship.

(also, guilds are bad. they stifle innovation and lower overall quality/skill by restricting trade knowledge to a select few masters. XD)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 28, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »

No, I mean it sounded like you were claiming I did something unfair with time in renzo's arc.
Being impressive doesn't cause people to spontaneously create social orders involving systems of apprenticeship.

(also, guilds are bad. they stifle innovation and lower overall quality/skill by restricting trade knowledge to a select few masters. XD)

Not so much that he's impressive as it is that he can manipulate massive crowds of people at will. It's the whole idea behind Presence, really. Influence the masses.

And the Brujah are vectors for revolution.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:39 pm »

Well mostly it is an ongoing process, it is also more about breaking the grip of the Nobles who are generally nepotistic to the extreme and bettering the city by putting power in the hands of... Heldric!

Setting up a basic guild system would o ly take a few months if you had enough controle and support to do so. It would then take years to develop and grow into a full system but to start you could get pretty far along.

Then have controle of the underworld along with a charismatic front guy and boom! Off to adventure with Steeple!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2015, 11:41:34 pm »

Um, you know guilds are entirely nepotistic, right? XD

It's funny that an anti-social guy like Heldric would decide on a plan involving massive crowds of people. XD

If you want even a basic guild system, you'd have to use Dementation or Dominate to force the non-members of your guild to forget their skill set.

(What kind of guild is it, anyway? Are you using guild when you really mean some sort of shady criminal group?)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:47 pm »

Better than nobles (pretty much everything is).

Multiple guilds, not just one.

Not quite, all the presence user has to do is persuade everyone as to the far better quality/effectiveness/reputation of the guild members, and disparage everyone else.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 29, 2015, 12:12:13 am »

Multiple guilds of what?! XD

You can't just get a group of people together and say "we're a guild now"

They have to control some method of manufacturing.

I forget, does Presence really affect just everyone everywhere?  That's pretty Farking ridiculous, if it does.

Why don't Presence vamps rule the whole world then? If they can just tell everyone "follow me now"?

Actually, why waste time creating a guild system if you can just have your presence guy make everyone do whatever you want?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:47 am »

More like guilds for each craft as a way to get them out from under direct noble controle so each craft like say... Masonry has a guild all the masons can join who will in a way act like a union and guarantee their work etc.

And the heads... Bow to Heldric.

It isn't the nepotism that is bad, is was nepotism not controlled by Heldric that was bad.

Picture in 300 years when the heads of every guild in the city is a ghoul and Heldric literally has control over every aspect of the city and it's trade through a system so ingrained than none can challenge it! Sure he will lead the city to prosperity and make honest I provements to better people's lives... But he will have it done his way. Ahahahahaha

Ok I really need more sleep now.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 29, 2015, 02:00:45 am »

Why don't Presence vamps rule the whole world then? If they can just tell everyone "follow me now"?

Uh, they do XD

It doesn't affect everyone everywhere, just the people looking at you. That's enough, in the hands of a skilled vampire.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 29, 2015, 07:34:22 am »

Uh, they do XD

It doesn't affect everyone everywhere, just the people looking at you. That's enough, in the hands of a skilled vampire.

Oh, okay.  Guess the game's over then. XD

More like guilds for each craft as a way to get them out from under direct noble controle so each craft like say... Masonry has a guild all the masons can join who will in a way act like a union and guarantee their work etc.

And the heads... Bow to Heldric.

It isn't the nepotism that is bad, is was nepotism not controlled by Heldric that was bad.

Picture in 300 years when the heads of every guild in the city is a ghoul and Heldric literally has control over every aspect of the city and it's trade through a system so ingrained than none can challenge it! Sure he will lead the city to prosperity and make honest I provements to better people's lives... But he will have it done his way. Ahahahahaha

Ok I really need more sleep now.

Ah, I see.  That totally makes sense and I have no more argument.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2015, 04:52:41 am »

And now im imagining gargoyles doing squats."WORK THAT BUTT MR GARGOYLE!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 07, 2015, 02:41:09 pm »

Edited my last post to show taking the ghost mirror.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 08, 2015, 08:52:05 am »

So, I figure it best to hit the mines the following night, as the abbey and crypt really drained a bunch of our resources.

Hoping the Monks will respond to a letter of invite and meet us there.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:37 am »

How will Steeple be sending the message/give proof of its sender?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2015, 08:58:36 am »

Also, crypt drained surprisingly few resources, though there won't be much nighttime left for the mines, and you guys probably don't want to be stuck in there during the daytime.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 08, 2015, 09:08:50 am »

Ah, actually, I made a mistake there - to do that Heldric would have had to score more successes than Steeple's willpower, which is nearly impossible for Heldric to do given Steeple's 10 in willpower. Steeple remembered Heldric perfectly.

Though Steeple would have noticed the priests and their lack of memory of Heldric, and the slight confusion at the sudden disappearance.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 08, 2015, 09:19:14 am »

... and you guys probably don't want to be stuck in there during the daytime.

This is what I was thinking haha!

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:18 am »

How will Steeple be sending the message/give proof of its sender?

I suppose tasking Nadia to deliver the message in the morning.  8)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:39 am »

Ah, actually, I made a mistake there - to do that Heldric would have had to score more successes than Steeple's willpower, which is nearly impossible for Heldric to do given Steeple's 10 in willpower. Steeple remembered Heldric perfectly.

Though Steeple would have noticed the priests and their lack of memory of Heldric, and the slight confusion at the sudden disappearance.

OK, I'll modify my last post slightly.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13:38 pm »

"Until the morning then." Heldric replies before a snack for himself and Andreas to make sure their blood is full (Mr. Whitey gets the corpse) and retires until early evening ready to explore the mines.

Yes, Steeple feeds Nadia, then 'fills up' too!  8)

So feel free to skip right to the mine entrance - monks there or no show, either way haha!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »

No updates today, somewhat preoccupied.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 10, 2015, 11:12:07 pm »

Really sorry for the absence guys, haven't been getting much good sleep lately and I just spent the day reading to relax myself, all will be good tomorrow.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 10, 2015, 11:25:14 pm »

Keep yourself healthy man. Dont worry about posting, ha ha.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2015, 05:01:00 pm »

Hey, is Heldric on the path of the Beast or the Road of the Beast?

Just want to be sure of the distinction because Road of the Beast seems chill with what Heldric's been doing, but I have him down for Path of the beast, where there's a sin notable for Heldric's active accomplishment of it:

4……………...Killing while feeding

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 11, 2015, 05:05:04 pm »

thats a terrible rule. Shitty stuff like that is for Humanity suckas xD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2015, 05:33:37 pm »

thats a terrible rule. Shitty stuff like that is for Humanity suckas xD

Amen Brother Aman!!!

Yes Brethren, the Righteous Path of Maurice will free you of all burdens! Sign up today and receive a 10% Discount to your local pet care salon.

Righteousness Of The Rock™ and keeping fuzzy animals well groomed. What more could any devotee ask for!

100% Aman Endorsed!

;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:29 pm »

XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 11, 2015, 05:35:19 pm »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 11, 2015, 05:42:49 pm »

Duh. XD

"I am going to try this one more time, while we wait for the monks" Steeple says, flipping rocks over a little ways from the mine itself, looking for a spider.

(OOC - preparing Clinging of the Insect) Take two.
botch botch botch botch...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 11, 2015, 05:51:41 pm »

NO WHAMMIES!!!!  >:(

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2015, 05:57:11 pm »

It'd be the funniest thing tho.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 11, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »

Yes. Yes it would.  ;D

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 11, 2015, 06:46:55 pm »

Deff Road of the Beast. At least that is what I have written for myself

Actually I have written down the exact list of sins from the white wolf wiki for Path of the Best and it has it as ok to kill for feeding and survival, I'll try post the link to what I was basing it off

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Path_of_the_Beast
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:53:14 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 11, 2015, 08:29:33 pm »

Hmm, guess the version I found was a different one, it's all good.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 12, 2015, 05:45:28 pm »

Drak, shouldn't I still have my aggravated hits left from Burning Blade, as I haven't even drawn the weapon once yet? Seems (from ye old description) that the hits lasts until the hits are used up.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 12, 2015, 05:49:29 pm »

Hmm? Give me a second, I always assume effect end when the sun rises since that's the usual standard.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 33   Go Up