Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure V  (Read 134814 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure V
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2015, 10:03:46 am »

At this point, one of Udo's birds returns to chirp back that the 'large moth flew down a well in a field' ...

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2015, 11:33:09 am »

Rai Feels he won 2 of the three arguments so he lets him have the attacking an old man and keeps his your not going to the graveyard and says, "Well fine if you think attack him was the right choice the risk is clearly worth the reward but still going towards the graveyard by yourself is not a good idea. I have given my reason why I won't go with you and you can argue them but its not your reasons there are mine. So I am going to make sure every villager goes back to the village and participates in the prayer."

Turning he makes sure the stragglers get to the village and will ignore Udo studiously the entire time. During the ceremony he will meditate to get back spell energy.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2015, 01:25:32 pm »

"You did a superb job at not listening to me, Rai. I'm glad you will continue to do so." Udo mutters with an exasperated sigh, realizing that Rai is leaving as quickly as possible as to end the conversation on his note.
Petty wanna-be emperor. Too late to find the Moth now anyhow. 

He turns to his bird, "Good work, Birdie. We'll have to ask Yuki about it, then. I hope your buddy comes back soon..." With a nod to his animals, Udo leaves to the village square to report back to Yuki and Miya, and witness whatever ritual Rai mentioned.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2015, 02:08:31 pm »

Gathering all the villagers in the square, the Samurai are able to ask them what happened.

They report that shortly after the Samurai had left the village nineteen days ago, all manner of Yori began to come up out of the well that had been uncovered in their field – where the bones had been dug up.

The villagers tried to run, but three greater Yori also rose up out of the well and ensorcelled everyone. Two of them then fought each other for control of the grownups, while a third less powerful Yori, chased all the children from the village, afflicting them with a pox as it did. These children were then refugees outside their own village, sneaking in for food and fearing for their lives.

The older villagers were all under the greater Yoris’ control, and the men of the village sorely beat any children they caught looking for food, while the women of the village and younger men did all sorts of unspeakable things inside the bathhouse.

As far as anyone knows, the black soulsteel lid that once covered the well was never placed back over it. In fact, the Village Elders had incorporated the lid into a new stone shrine on the edge of the field to honor the fallen…

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:02 pm »

Rai looks at them and says, "It is clear that we need to re-seal the hole but if I remember correctly there is a crack now so we need to fix that to. Yuki can you get the village started on the atonement prayer because I agree that both of us need a rest before we attempt to re seal the hole."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »

The Priest Yoshi, hearing this, says "Better wait until morning light to go messing with an open well. I do not think we will be bothered by any other Yori tonight."

"The three you banished were quite powerful. It will have sent a message through the world of spirits not to mess with this place for a long while."

Then to Yuki, he adds, "I'll take it from here if you like. You and the Samurai can help tend to the wounded and keeping everyone in the square. It would be a shame if anyone snuck out and the Lust Yori came back. They do not have to be awake for the entire ritual, just the beginning, so we should start soon, before we start losing them..."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:29:00 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2015, 02:29:54 pm »

Yuki nods to the two.

"Will you begin the prayer now then, Yoshi?"

Yuki asks, hoping one of the more persuasive members convinces the men to help watch over.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:37 pm »

Rai stands up and looks over the crowd and says, "Ok I need all the men who are not too injured to help keep everyone here in this square tonight. This is the last step for banishing the Yori so I ask you to be paitent with us." Looking at the children he adds with a smile, "Can you all please go get blankets for everyone tonight."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:45 pm »

"Yes," Yoshi agrees with both Yuki and Rai, calling the villagers to attention.

"People of Kurokawa!" he yells over the crowd, "You have been exploited by the Yori and been through much hardship because of it. Taking wounds both physically and mentally. To cleanse your souls of this pain and make atonement with the Ancestors, we must pray and meditate here in the square for eight hours. You must hear the words of the prayer, but after than, you are free to sleep. You must not, even one of you, leave the square until the sun rises in the morning."

"If you do," he warns, "the Yoris will be back and you will have to endure all of this over and over again."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:41:20 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »

11th Day of Mid Summer 1303
A New Dawn

The Samurai then spent the rest of the night either watching over the Priest Yoshi and his charges or tending to the villagers who were recovering from their injuries in the square.

It wasn’t difficult to keep the villagers there either  – they had all had enough of the Yoris and would do whatever they could to ensure they didn’t come back.

Yoshi meanwhile, led the villagers through the cleansing ritual and meditations necessary to fully banish the Yori Lust. In the new morning, as the sun rose from the east, he had finished and the Yori had not returned. The villagers thanked him and the rest of the Samurai profusely and then (those that could) set about to begin to get the village back in order.

This would be no small task, as there was the wounded in the square to continue tending to, the houses to get back in order, livestock to go find and gather, and of course sorting out the children and families to make sure no one was missing.

It would be a long day and much work to be done – and that would just be the beginning. It had taken a day and a night to liberate the village of Kurokawa – but would require much longer for the villagers to completely forget and move on from the terrors they had all gone through…

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »

Refreshed, Yuki checks in with the Exalted Priest to see if the Daimyo has returned.

After that, she'll attempt to get in contact with her mother, to ask if she knows any spirit artisans.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »

When Yuki Sends Thoughts to the Exalted Patriarch, she gets terrible news - 'Yuki, the Daimyo has not yet returned - but I am here with Roka. Your mother... she has been gravely wounded by something we cannot heal with our spells.'

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 30, 2015, 03:07:55 pm »

Yuki pauses to calm herself before answering back.

"What do you mean? What happened to my mother?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 30, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

'We don't know exactly,' the Exalted Patriarch sends back, 'There was a fight at the Chief Magistrate's home, the Korean rogue used poison on everyone. Then she was looking at Roka when her lopan and sunstone shattered and she went blank.'

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »

Yuki doesnt send a reply back, instead she casts a gate to the temple in order to see what's going on herself.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 30, 2015, 03:44:22 pm »

Rai asks, "Yuki what is going on?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »

Unsurprisingly, Rai is ignored as Yuki enters the portal.

---

YUKI CONTINUE HERE
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:25:34 pm by BerkaZerka »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2015, 05:38:55 pm »

Rai shakes his head and looks to the priest and says, "Something bad must have happened we need to go soon. Is there a way you have to get back besides walking? We will come back with a spirit artisan soon to repair the well."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:01:47 pm by cool74 »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2015, 06:26:45 pm »

"Ah... no," Yoshi replies to Rai - "I'll definitely need your Wu-Jen friend there to take me back to Morioka in the next day or so at most..."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2015, 08:30:01 pm »

"We should probably fallow her. There is no telling what trouble is going on." Rai sighs

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

Looking in through the gate, Yoshi shakes his head - "I'll wait here, thanks."

"I suppose I can wander around and look for anymore wayward spirits that might be lurking around the area. Don't think there'll be any really powerful ones though, so we should be fine if you want to go through with her."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 31, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

"Yoshi, do you think the disease the children had may still be going around, only to show up later?" Udo asks, making sure that it's alright for them to go.

"And would you want any of us to stay here with you anyhow? I can probably get you back Morioka pretty quickly, though only if necessary."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 31, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

"Do you know where this 'well and lid' is that the Villagers were talking about?" Yoshi asks Udo.

"We should probably make sure it's secure before anyone leaves - unless you want to do this all over again in a few days."

"And, no," he concludes, "I don't think the Corruption Yori's disease has spread. The villagers and you Samurai should be fine."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2015, 11:56:04 pm »

"Yeah-- the well is by the field where the bones were so long ago." Udo says, pointing in the general direction. "So, uh, yeah. We definitely want to get it done right this time..."

Udo scratches his head, "Um, I think Yuki would have told us to follow if it was that serious of a situation, but it is worrying... Rai, are you going, then?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 01, 2015, 11:43:29 am »

Rai nods and walks into the gate having caught glimpses of what was going on but not everything.

---

Rai Continue HERE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:11:24 pm by BerkaZerka »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 01, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

Miya quickly runs into the gate after Rai and Yuki, obviously concerned for her friend.

---

Miya Continue HERE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:11:09 pm by BerkaZerka »
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 01, 2015, 12:12:54 pm »

Yoshi, watching Rai and Miya go through the Gate to join Yuki and Roka on the other side, turns and asks Udo - "They're coming back right?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:16:11 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 01, 2015, 01:14:29 pm »

"I... Think so?" Udo wonders aloud, raising an eyebrow. "I think I should probably go through to. Find out what the big hullabaloo is about, and then make sure they come back..."

With a nod to the priest, Udo moves though the gate.

---

Udo Continue HERE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:02:14 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 02, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

Yuki arrives back through the Gate with her mother (Lady Shirahata) and the Master Craftsman Najin in tow.

A moment after their arrival, Najin's small army of workers begin filing through.

"So, where do we need to set up?" Najin asks Yuki.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49:56 pm »

Rai arrives on the otherside of the gate confusingly before Roka but he decides to brush it off. Looking at the craftsman he says, "The well is in the field next to town. The cap to the well is also there."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 02, 2015, 01:51:21 pm »

"There was already a cap?" Najin asks with intrigue.

"Interesting..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:08 pm »

Remembering Yoshi, Yuki addresses him.

"Ah! Thank you for your assistance, Yoshi. I can return you to Morioka now if you wish", she offers.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 02, 2015, 02:10:33 pm »

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see this well first," Yoshi asks.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 02, 2015, 02:19:13 pm »

"Sure!", Yuki replies, leading the group to the well.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 02, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »

Roka arrives, and looks around.
"Huh. So what happened to the villagers?" Roka asks, as he walks with the group

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 03, 2015, 01:37:03 am »

"They survive to see another day, a bit scarred but alive."
 Miya says as she follows the group while watching for danger as usual.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 03, 2015, 09:01:46 am »

Moving to the field where the Samurai had dug up the bones of fallen heroes, the group could see the old well still exposed.

At the edge of the field where they entered, the villagers had set up the black soulsteel lid that used to cover the well as a sort of shrine.

Looking with her Sorcerer’s Sight, Yuki sees all manner of minor spirits being spewed from the well as it gushes unseen spirit energy into the physical world. Udo and Lady Shirahata also see this with their Spirit Sight.

The Leering Pervert Spirit is nowhere to be seen, but Udo’s birds are still there; and fly over to report to Udo that the large moth flew into the well and disappeared.

Najin and his workers meanwhile, begin to set up their tools and materials near the well.

“Do you want up to incorporate that strange metal into the build?” he asks Yuki and her Mother; “It’s not necessary I think, and is probably worth a fortune to the right buyer, but it might also boost the focus of spirit energy if we do decide to use it.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:46 pm »

"They survive to see another day, a bit scarred but alive."
 Miya says as she follows the group while watching for danger as usual.

"Well yeah, you guys are powerful enough to help them, but what was actually was going on?" He asks. "Was it the Chinese?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 03, 2015, 05:27:38 pm »

Udo slowly approaches the well, taking a peek into what's inside.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 03, 2015, 07:45:25 pm »

Roka then clutches his head once more, and mytters to himself.
"Damn it still hurts..."

He then turns to the guy in the poofy priest hat.

"Hey, priest guy, any chance you could heal me up? The exalted patriarch did it, but my head still aches. Ridiculously."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 03, 2015, 07:46:03 pm »

Udo slowly approaches the well, taking a peek into what's inside.

With Spirit Sight, the well is geyser of fountaining dazzling blue spirit energy - a myriad of strange little spirits flowing out all around to slitter or crawl away from it.

Without Spirit Sight, the well is just an old well in the ground; where the Samurai had discovered the headless skeletons of Sendai's Generals.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:47:58 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 03, 2015, 07:47:30 pm »

Yoshi looks at Roka and asks, "What's wrong? Your head? You don't look injured. You say the Exalted Patriarch Healed you already?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 03, 2015, 08:17:22 pm »

"Yeah, uh, I already got healed but my head is still killing. And I've been healed before, and I know that shouldn't happen after a heal spell. Probably."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2015, 09:24:30 pm »

“Do you want up to incorporate that strange metal into the build?” he asks Yuki and her Mother; “It’s not necessary I think, and is probably worth a fortune to the right buyer, but it might also boost the focus of spirit energy if we do decide to use it.”

Yuki looks at the strange metal.

"Why do you think it could be worth a fortune?"

She asks, activating spirit sight on it, to see if see can see why.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:42 pm »

"Hey, Priest Yoshi!" Udo calls, taking his head out bof the well for a moment, "What would happen if someone fell inside the well? Where exactly would they go?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2015, 07:27:17 am »

Yoshi, speaking to Roka, nods over to Yuki and her mother - "If a Heal doesn't work, then it's a matter of Chi Energy and your Aura. I can't do anything more for you than the Exalted Patriarch did. You need to go talk to them about it."

Then answering Udo he explains, "Normally, a person would just fall to the bottom of the well. But occasionally, when the veil between worlds is thin, like on the full and new moons, they stand a chance of falling through and into the spirit world. Spirits on the other hand can freely move between the two worlds through an open spirit well. That's why the Yori were able to come through and enthrall the village."

Yuki meanwhile, goes over and looks closely at the black soulsteel lid with her spirit sight. The metal seems to contain the trapped and wailing souls of the damned, but Yuki knows they are not real, but rather some strange phenomenon that shows a reflection of those once tormented by the metal. Sort of like a recording device of sorrow or something...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:31:37 am by BerkaZerka »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2015, 09:42:50 am »

"Shouldn't we just seal the well once again instead of possibly letting more Yori into our world?"
 Miya asks Yuki as she walks up to her friend.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

Yoshi, speaking to Roka, nods over to Yuki and her mother - "If a Heal doesn't work, then it's a matter of Chi Energy and your Aura. I can't do anything more for you than the Exalted Patriarch did. You need to go talk to them about it"
"Well, can't you just heal my chi? Or something?" Roka asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2015, 02:31:42 pm »

"I have no way to look at your Chi," Yoshi replies, "you need a Feng-Shui Master for that."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:54 pm »

"But the last time someone looked at my aura it messed them up bad, priest." Roka protests
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up