Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Into the Mountains - Heldric  (Read 77050 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Into the Mountains - Heldric
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2016, 08:48:39 pm »

"Hail Brutus!" He calls back in kind, dismounting to be able to talk easier "How goes the city and yourself?" He asks,either he was just eager to see him or somthing important had happened.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »

"Goratrix is here."

Brutus says this with a friendly smile and a pat on the shoulder, then, in a hushed voice - "We cannot let Tiberiu know about it, pretend nothing is wrong.

The words barely make it to Heldric - all sound seems to fade from the world. He stumbles in place and almost falls to his knees.

Inside him, Heldric feels Epistatia shrinks back into the recesses of his mind.

Ah shit the archmage says, rather plainly.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2016, 09:28:15 pm »

Heldric cannot speak for a moment then just stammers "I have to run." With fear watched into his features, Brutus would likely not need any further explanation about Heldrics intent, he never would have seen him show any signs of fear never mind abject terror.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »

"Haha! An excellent caricature Heldric!", Brutus says, slapping the Nosferatu on the back with extreme force and practically dragging him inside through the city gates (Opened by the guards at the door), waving Tiberiu away.

"You can't Heldric. He knows exactly how to find you, says there's a blood link between the two of you. He's been waiting here for almost a week. Says if you refuse to talk to him he'll burn the city to the ground. You have a Dream Heldric. More than that, you have a duty. You can't run."

The old Brujah looks at Heldric a moment longer, searching the Nosferatu's eyes.

"What's got you so scared all of a sudden Heldric? I've never seen you like this."

Then the Brujah's eyes widen, "Holy hell! Who have you been eating?"

It would seem Brutus possesses Auspex.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:12 pm »

Heldric shudders but can't even find the strength to fight back, especially knowing that the blood link is like a homing beacon "G... His favoured servant. The mission I went on was a trap, we fended off an army and their mages but I used too much blood by the end and the beast took over... She lives and I know what is to come, it is burned into my mind..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2016, 08:18:48 am »

Brutus hesitates - "Heldric, I'm not sure who Goratrix is, he just said that you'd know the name - but power flows off him in waves - how did you manage to hold down his apprentice?

I know it's you. You're not that badly changed, your aura is still your own."

Okay, I think I see where he's going with this.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2016, 12:02:39 pm »

"G.. He is Clan Tremere, When I... Finished his apprentice we bound her so but memories... I saw what he did to his own apprentice clearly. If he kills me run." Heldric slums down lost in thoughts of his phobia

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2016, 12:18:59 pm »

But how could Goratrix know of the "we"? You even still have Sicilan's chain wrapped around you, that old sorcery of his...

"You had help then? Perhaps... perhaps Goratrix does not know he has lost his apprentice. Perhaps he has come here to confirm the full extent of her death, yes?

Meet with him Heldric. But do not meet as yourself. Meet him as the apprentice."

He's a wiley old bird this one, isn't he? I'll draw Epistatia to the fore, loosen her bindings a bit, let you assume her personality and memories more easily. I'm guessing she'll be so scared of him that she'll just try and retreat back into you.

I'll have to stay away lest he notice me, the bastard would skin me alive... or well, dead.

Heldric can feel Epistatia recoil at the thought

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:44 pm »

Heldric tries instead to run, he tries for several seconds to boost his dexterity with blood and leave his city far behind. Then he realizes he hadn't moved and inch, his body still wasn't obeying him properly due to the fear "Then I have no choice, we will try"

Outloud he responds "Brutus I can try but even hearing his name is difficult after what I went through. Should I survive I will do all in my power to repay you, not all would have responded as you just did. Take me there, I will prepare on the way."

He then tries to let Brutus lead him to Goratrix

"Begin before my faculties fail me further at the thought of facing him, if it does not work by the time we are there then flee."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2016, 04:40:18 pm »

"Oh lad, if you think you're scared..."

Heldric finds himself pushed forward by Brutus and the archmage both, with Andreas trailing behind with Mr-Whitey. Heldric's distraction has led him to leave both undisguised to mortal view, though he is lucky in that the city seems to almost be empty - not a soul stirs the air in the streets.

Heldric's haven in the city's underground has not yet undergone extensive development, but the guild workers have installed a hidden entrance to the underground excavations, where a humbly furnished room that serves as Heldric's temporary haven waits.

Normally the underground would be filled with the sound of ongoing construction, but now... Nothing.

Heldric descends further onward, his erstwhile companions leaving him with good wishes. He almost turns back then, knowing what he knows, but he feels a reassuring hand on his shoulder - Andreas.

His blood brother has been through everything with him, the good, the bad and the horrible. He would be here now.

Heldric turns his head - and freezes in place

There, seated on the lid of Heldric's coffin, surrounded by the bodies of the dead guild workers, is Goratrix.

The once archmage of High House Tremere looks at Heldric, his face inscrutable.

"Who are you?"

A loaded question if Heldric ever heard one.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2016, 04:59:16 pm »

Heldric summons up all the memory and personality he can manage from the chained soul within him. Epistatia's knowledge might be the only thing that can save him, so long as he doesn't break down in fear.

He drops to his knee as she had done when she first met him. He speaks carefully, she was afraid of him and would be now so the fear would be ok he hopes "This body was a Nosferatu named Heldric, he attempted to devour my soul at the tower but failed, my will was too strong for him so I took it."

He is glad o be bowing, he doesn't have to meet Goratrix's gaze

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »

Goratrix smiles, and reaches out - a finger twitching towards Andreas. Mr.Whitey flies out of his grip and slams into a wall, the sound of the dry scales smacking against a wall and cratering the thing. The air around Mr-Whitey then solidifies into an opaque prism that locks him in place against the wall.

Andreas tries to leap towards Goratrix but is stopped in midair.

Andreas tries to roar but finds that he cannot even make the animal sounds he is so accustomed to making. His skin starts to tear itself off his body I n tiny patches, in less than 6 heartbeats he has been skinned completely.

In a minute all of his muscles have been torn off his body in tiny chunks. In two minutes his organs have all been dismantled and his blood hangs in a fine mist over the two vampires.

The bones splinter and break off shortly afterwards. The one bit of Andreas' body that remains untouched is his heart, the thing hanging at the center of a cloud of Andreas' organs, frozen in midair - disgustingly picturesque.

Heldric hasn't moved. Epistatia won't let him protest.

Goratrix doesn't say anything for a long while, seemingly just admiring his handiwork.

"There is... Opportunity in this."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »

Heldric leaves it a moment recalling how she had addressed him before steeling himself not to even twitch at the outrage just performed on Andreas. Abject terror helps.

"What would you have me do?" He simply asks, throwing Radu under the bus might help save him but his path was never to betray allies and it had already suffered...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2016, 06:30:33 pm »

"How much of Heldric's memories have you recovered?"

Goratrix moves through Andreas' remains, heading straight towards Heldric.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2016, 06:43:00 pm »

"A reasonable amount, though they are fragmented given time I can recover much more." he begins, keeping his eyes down "That one was his bloodbonded retainer, still bonded to me now. Heldric was proficient in Obfuscation and was a follower of 'the dream', trying to emulate Constantinople here."

He can feel the fear building as Goratrix gets closer but couldn't move now if he wanted.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2016, 07:10:11 pm »

"I feel much of him still alive in you. I would purge it but his memories might still be useful. You will have to live with them for now. Where is the Wraith?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

"He is hunting a remnant, It seems that the souls of some the mages survived in the tower. They aided in my defeat there. Once he has finished his tasks he will return." He pauses "Much of him survived but his will is of no consiquence compared to mine, I will just use it as a source of knowledge for now then bind it."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »

Goratrix nods.

Something in his face softens. The kindness on it ignites more terror in Heldric than anything Goratrix has done until now.

The mage's hand brushes against Heldric's cheek and it is only Epistatia's epic will that keeps him from reeling back screaming.

"I shall have to find you a new body when you are done with this one. It displeases me."

He pulls his hand back then, and continues.

"You will spy on Radu for me. If House Goratrix requires it then you shall house its members in this city. Find out what you can about this Michael... I keep on hearing his name, he might be worth seeking out."

Of course, Heldric knows the meaning behind the words - and feels a chill at the thought.

He wants to kill Michael. Devour him like all the other Methuselahs the Tremere have been hunting down. Surely Michael could stand against them, especially with the help of the Dracon, but...

It is best not to tempt fate, yes?

Then another thought pops unbidden into Heldric's mind - House Goratrix?

House Goratrix?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2016, 07:37:13 pm »

a schism in the tremere?

Pops into his head briefly before being pushed back aside by the fear of the situation at hand "Of course, I shall do all you command, though I shall be glad to leave this body behind once finished my tasks."

He has no choose but to keep his position, at least in this moment Epistatia's will is aligned with his in fear of Goratrix, likely she knows if her utter failure was revealed that he would find some way to drag her out and turtle her for centuries...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2016, 07:57:35 pm »

"Good. I trust you can deal with the situation accordingly?"

All of a sudden it seems as if Goratrix's attention has gone elsewhere.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2016, 08:24:02 pm »

"Of course" Heldric replies, trying to sound confident over the sheer fear, but then again Goratrix being who he was probably heard fear in the voice of everyone who worked for him anyway.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2016, 08:35:54 pm »

"Good."

Goratrix snaps his fingers and the cloud of Andreas' remains closes back in around the heart - and to Heldric's great surprise reforms almost exactly back into Andreas - the only sign that he hasn't been healed being the broken marks on his skin and the empty look in his eyes.

Opaque mists spring into life around Andreas and a second prism forms around him, much like Mr.Whitey.

"They'll be stuck like that for a while, enjoy the sights."

Goratrix then winks out of existence.

Heldric collapses, shivering. He feels Epistatia retreat back into him like a wounded animal.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2016, 09:07:29 pm »

Heldric doesn't move for several minutes, maybe torpor would be a good plan for a few centuries... But the longer Goratrix is not there the more like his old self he becomes. After maybe 5 minutes he gets slowly to his feet to examine the strange prisms surrounding Andreas and Mr. Whitey to learn what he could from them before heading back out to find Brutus, ensuring his normal demenour to be back in place incase Radu's suspicious spy... Ahem, carriage driver, had come around to see what the fuss was about.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »

The prisms are difficult to see through (the opaque surface), they also seem to be filled and not hollow. Andreas is completely enclosed, Mr.Whitey's snout is exposed to the air - enough for him to not suffocate, at least.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2016, 10:39:44 pm »

He doesn't want to touch them too much yet, he can't be sure what would help or hurt them more. He pats mr. Whiteys nose gently then heads for the door.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2016, 11:42:52 am »

Heldric finds his way outside, where he is immediately accosted by Brutus and the archmage.

"Heldric! What happened? Are you okay, where's Andreas? Your pet lizard?"

Is he gone? I feel like he is but I can't be sure, I do not dare check.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2016, 11:47:32 am »

Heldric smiles then remembers he is moving about the city and takes a moment to alter his appearance to his 'appearing in town' face.

"I am well but shaken, he is indeed gone. Andreas and Mr. Whitey are... You should see for yourselves, needles to say let us not make an enemy of him." He waves them inside after him to show the prisms incase they have knowledge of them.

"What happened to Tiberius?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2016, 06:08:31 pm »

Ugh. These things are infuriating. I have no idea how they came up with such a powerful enchantment but the stuff is indestructible, the space there is just... Frozen solid. Not cold though, like it should be.. If I had my old skills I could undo the bindings holding the magic in place but sadly I am currently unable. It's a short lived spell, however.

He didn't kill either of them, even left Whitey space to breathe. Probably intended for you to deal with them yourself.

"I'm not sure what it could be. I'll get some of the remaining guild workers to try and break up the stuff, it should be pretty fragile considering the hollow interior."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2016, 07:21:10 pm »

"Don't worry for now, what I could gather indicates that the spell is short lived so will disperse on t's own. For now let us celebrate my return and make sure the city is as it should be, I have learned much that can be of use to us!"

"study it while it remains, you still have your intellect so might learn much from the terrifying things, for now I will tend to my city.

Heldric nods and waves Brutus out with him "So how is the city, now that we can attend to more mundane matters?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2016, 08:09:40 pm »

"The guilds will be asking questions, the workers Goratrix killed..."

Brutus goes on for a while, and Heldric and the Brujah both get back to the business of administering Balgrad.

It would take 4 days for Andreas and Mr.Whitey to be released from their prisons, and another two weeks for Andreas to recover from Goratrix dismantling him.

Reminders of Goratrix' influence still come by every few weeks in the form of gargoyles, spirits, and various other unsavoury servants - though never the man himself - much to the Nosferatu's relief.

Six months after that terrible might, Heldric feels something deep within his soul crack - and then snap. Muttering a simple spell and looking through the spirit world, Heldric sees that Sicilan's chain has snapped.

Epistatia speaks then.

He'll feel it you know. He fashionned that chain himself. He'll know it was broken.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2016, 08:26:02 pm »

Then we will have a proper excuse for him, like We sent him spying on Michael but he was discovered. he pauses I will keep thinking incase he returns, I'd advise you do to if we are to be spared his ire.

Heldric also decides that it is time he spoke to his sire, he prepares an u disturbed night and gathers the materials for contacting Malechite via his new ritual.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2016, 08:53:01 pm »

The ritual goes off without a hitch. Within minutes, Heldric has contacted Maleki.

Heldric? Is that you?

How... How are you contacting me?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2016, 01:22:25 am »

"Sire, there have been many developments these pasts months I must share with you and ask for your counsel on. I hope I managed to contact you at a good time to talk?"

Presuming thr answer is affirmative he explains.

"Things with my city have been progressing well however six months ago Count Radu sent me on a mission, playing down its significance to that of a scouting mission of an abandoned tower he wanted to use. It turned out to be a recently destroyed stronghold of one of the last mages to refuse to join clan Tremere. Needless to say it was a trap and we were attacked by Tremere mages and their gargoyles. We defeated them and I took many of their secrets with me, including this ritual to enable me to contact you, but complications arose as we fled. Goratrix, one of the strongest in the clan sought me out in my own city and has forced me to aid his servants in recompense for my actions. I killed his favoured childe, though he thinks she still lives, should he learn the truth I do not doubt that this entire city shall turn to dust."

He then waits, this would be a lot of information to absorb even without mentioning exactly how he killed Epistatia

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »

Malachite pauses for a long while.

"Prepare yourself. I shall be there shortly."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:47 am »

"Thankyou Sire, but be vigilant here. I now know that Goratrix has been devouring every powerful ancient he can find and has become exceptionally powerful himself, I believe he might be targeting Michael next."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2016, 10:10:37 pm »

Another pause then.

"Alright. Let's talk about Goratrix."

Spinning around in surprise Heldric finds Malachite and a hooded man with blood-red prayer beads threaded in through his hands, the edge of his hood gilded in gold, the rest of the robe a dark red.

The unknown man is kneeling.

"I've shrouded the room, no one should be able to spy on us. Pay no mind to Hassan. Mortal mage, one of Michael's servants, which he has been good enough to lend me in this personal matter.

I would have him give me your memories of the event, that I might understand just what happened."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2016, 01:13:30 am »

"That would expedite things sire"

Heldric says as he bows to malachite, it means all the secrets will come out however if we wants to survive his sore might be his best option.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2016, 10:21:06 am »

Hassan gets up and moves between Sire and Childe then. His hood opens up to reveal a dark-skinned man with sharp features, startling blue eyes and red lines tatooed around the contours of his face.

He lays a hand in Heldric's forehead and then on Maleki's. Heldric starts as he finds himself reading Radu's letter once more.

He feels Malachite's responses to his adventures - misgivings toward Radu, pride and  amazement at the triumphs against the gargoyles and the mages, at Heldric's clever maneuerings within the maze, appreciation for his bluffs and his gambits, intense interest in Octavius - he seems to linger at Octavius' every word - or is it Hassan doing that? Heldric can't quite tell, but he gets the feeling the mage's interest has been captured by the presence of the ghostly ex-archmage.

Then the scenes begin switching - Heldric is initially confused - he sees a terrible dead warrior who radiates power telling him he would not interfere. He sees near of his gargoyles go down in a deadly exchange with a brutish Nosferatu....

Oh. These are Epistatia's memories.

Heldric also senses Maleki's confusion, and then his subsequent horror as he realizes what has happened.

The scene switches to Sicilan, and their first confrontation with him. Of the beginning of the archmage's battle with him. Then running up the stairs, Andreas smashing down the door.

She then sees the two Nosferatu and the albino ghoul, having broken through without killing Sicilan. Dread fills Soul as she realizes she has not prepared any enchantments for use - she had never expected to find enemies here, much less such incredibly competent ones.

The big one charges her and she flings him out through the hole Octavius had blasted open in his final gambit for Goratrix's life

Which the fool failed.

The other hangs back cautiously. She sees the helm on him and recognizes the power that it holds - and curses herself for being fooled by such a simple glamour.

She summons fire to melt the ground around her and sees the Nosferatu disappear. Casting another curse she raises a wall of water around herself, smiling contentedly when he slams into it without effect.

She summons to herself her final two killing spells, augmenting them and preparing to burn everything j the room - when he hits the wall again and flies through, claws flailing. In a panic she releases the spells - to little effect, as he still lived, and feels darkness overtake her as his claws rip into her flesh.

Heldric feels Maleki's pity - though for who he is not sure - as Heldric's beast takes him and Eoistatia dies to his fangs.

The meeting with Goratrix is pure horror to relive, and a terrible fury creeps into  the air as Malachite sees the indignation suffered by his favoured childe at the monster's hands.

When all is said and done, Malachite looks at Heldric with pity in his eyes.

"You've made a terrible mistake childe, but there is much we have learned about the Tremere with this. I am... Not sure whether you have earned punishment or reward for your actions, so I shall settle with protecting you from Goratrix. Hassan will ward your haven so  that it cannot be penetrated by transportation magicks. If Goratrix ever sends any of his servants into the city, inform me.

Hassan will learn everything he can of the Tremere from Octavius and report to Michael. The Patriarch has nothing to fear from this fool."

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:07:18 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2016, 07:06:48 pm »

Heldric nods "Thankyou sire, the wards will be of great help and I shall of course contact you instantly if needed." He pauses for a moment then let's out a small smile "And in return for how he treated Andreas I have shared his secrets with his enemies, I'm sure Octavius will not mind helping either!" His tone returns to a more somber one "Despite the circumstances and terrible cost I have grown more powerful and will use these abilities to further the dream here"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2016, 07:25:37 pm »

Malachite looks around then, "Say, is that old wraith here? The one you stole with her soul?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2016, 07:53:28 pm »

"I sent him to be released from his bindings, it was not my intent to bind him and if I forced him against his will it would surely lead him to resent and betray be as he did Epistatia. Had she had his loyalty, I never would have made it to her." He looks as if he is considering somthing "he has been gone several months now and the chain has just broken. Should he keep his word then he shall be returning soon by his own volition to aid me."

He looks to his Sire "Do you believe I made the correct choice in this."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »

The old Nosferatu thinks a second before replying.

"No. You should have killed her and been done with it."

Then he gives Heldric a knowing look - he knows that wasn't what the childe had asked.

"As for Sicilan? Yes. The wraith would have betrayed you when you needed him most, it is best to earn loyalty, not create slaves. If the opposite were true I would have enslaved you from birth, as would all sires their childer. We do not because it kills the growth of the mind, to be treated and kept in that manner."

Maleki pauses again.

"Be careful when Sicilan returns. Someone broke his chains, after all, and he might be as indebted to them as he is to you."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »

"I will be careful, He mentioned about it being an old friend so I am guessing a mage or capadocian, I have very limited knowledge about it however. Hopefully his old friends wishes do not conflict with mine however his actions did not appear those of a devious soul."

He looks down to the ground for a moment, Goratrix inspired fear but Malachite was his sire and greatly respected as well as feared

"It am sorry this has caused you trouble, once the beast took over whatever plans I thought I had became irrelevant along with my sanity, I will be stronger in further."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2016, 09:56:41 am »

"You made much more of a mistake than you might realize. The bindings that hold Epistatia in place were made by that archmage and Sicilan. If you ever lose those two she'll shake loose and take you over - even more so than she already has. They own you Heldric. Perhaps it hasn't occurred to Sicilan, the wraith seems to honourable for that, but Octavius? He must have planned for it the second he saw what was happening between you two. The old ghost is too clever by far, and he's like to use you in his vendetta against House Tremere."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2016, 11:02:24 am »

Heldric nods sadly

"It will be difficult however all I can do now is proceed cautiously. If I were to flee now my dream would never be realized and I fear they would find me anyway so I will continue to fight for it while keeping other things at bay as best as I can." he grins a little "The old mage I never trusted however he has saved me at least once and so long as his revenge does not interfere with my plans I am inclined to help him, Goratrix is not someone I want to survive in this world, even If I am no match for him myself."

He pauses for a moment

"Talking of enemies, has there been any rumours of our hunters since the one Gutka destroyed in the mines?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »

"Rumours of rumours, nothing more. Do you intend to keep on ruling your city so openly? Brutus would make a good puppet scapegoat, he's old enough to command respect and proud enough to beat the risk."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2016, 01:10:37 am »

"I had only intended to rule openly for a few more years, I have been putting puppets in place throughout the city in powerful positions however putting Brutus as the face of the city would be preferable to wearing the target myself. I will work on moving him into that position soon as I ghoul some of the guilds leadership."

This talk has been of great use to Heldric but he is unsure if his Sire wants more of him or if this visit was purely in responce to his information "Sire, is there anything you require of me now?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »

Malachite takes a second to think about that, "I suppose so. There is going to be a fourth crusade. You will be my representative in Venice a year from now, along with some other children of prominent Constantinople elders. Perhaps your fellow princes might come as well - Basilio will no doubt send his two childer there, if he manages to forgive Anton. Sandor also has some vested interests in the proceedings. I will send you more explicit instructions as the conference approaches. Bring Steepleton with you, the madman has developped terrific ties with the Tremere and will likely be sent to the meeting by both Radu and Etrius. How he'll deal with those conflicting loyalties will be interesting but for now he's worth having as a friend."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:01:13 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »

the fourth crusade, and in only a year? Things were moving quickly

Heldric nods "I shall prepare now so that my puppets are all in place and Brutus is in good control of the city by then. As for Steeple, he is indeed mad but as with many of his kind, his madness hides a form of intelligence or instinct many do not possess. I have cultivated a friendship with him so I shall be sure to continue it, I may even be able to learn more about my new... Abilities from him."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2016, 01:39:58 pm »

"Good. Hassan has finished questioning Octavius. If you ever need me contact me again, if need be i'll send your brothers and sisters to help you."

Hassan walks back in, joined by the spectre of Octavius, and bows briefly to Heldric. He then places a hand on Malachite's shoulder and they both disappear.

"Terrible business there, that mage. Don't know what you bloodsuckers did to him but the man's got an absurdly weak will. Much, much weaker than what he'd need to advance to the point he has.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up