Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Steeple and Heldric - Pillars of Salt  (Read 103102 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Steeple and Heldric - Pillars of Salt
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:50 pm »

Nadia stumbles back, but looks on worriedly.

"Steeple, Steeple please, i'm here for you!"

Heldric begins trying to beat Steeple into a state of incapacitation. Actually hitting the slippery devil is a pain but Steeple does his best to try and keep himself from fighting back, and Heldric manages to land a few blows in - though they just barely affect the frenzying vampire.

Steeple tries to grasp and bite onto mr.Whitey's tail - though the Albino (now red) crocodile just slips out of the vampire's grasp.

Andreas lets go of Steeple and prepares himself. He lets out a small growl, Mr.Whitey translates as always (though it's a little hard to hear it over Steeple's struggling).

He says "I'm sorry for this".

Nadia shrieks as Steeple's face implodes under the strength of Andreas' blows, when the Nosferatu is done Heldric is no longer able to recognize his friend as his entire face has been reduced to a sort of pinkish, squishy substance, sprinkled with fragments of shattered bone.

"What have you done?! No, Steeple!" Nadia shrieks angrily - drawing a dagger and moving to try and attack Andreas herself.

Heldric is indeed a little worried - But Steeple should be fine, he should have survived that. He hopes.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2015, 11:36:52 pm »

Heldric keeps an eye on Steeple to make sure he doesn't suddenly rise up and Attack again while he speaks quickly and commandingly, using his vocal abilities to their fullest to ensure everyone ,is tens to him (Enchanting voice, command)

"Andreas, do not hurt her and Nadia stop! Do you really think Steeple is weak enough to die from this, do you have that little faith in him? He had to do this much damage to simply reader him unconcious. He will have healed these wounds and not show any sign of them at all by tomorrow, my face on the other hand is permanent."

He glances around the area as he thinks of the next move "I hope the fool survived that Attack or we will have to deal with Nadia too. Who has their blood squirt out like a fountain then turn so slippery? If this was one of his jokes then I am going to smash one of the sconces in his haven!"

Finally outloud he continues his uncustomary commanding "this wasn't an Attack or they would have struck by now, we retreat and let Steeple heal overnight. Andreas, carry him back whil Mr. Whitey acts as our rear guard, we will deal with Steeple first them we can all decide the next move once he recovers."

He casts cloak the gathering on them all as they retreat.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2015, 06:22:55 pm »

Nadia's face sets into a rather furious glare directed at Andreas - but she puts away the knife.

---

The innkeeper was rather amiable, staying at the same place he'd stayed at the first night, Heldric goes back to his room and deposits Steeple on the floor. The slipperiness of Steeple's blood appears to have worn off.

Nadia has brought in a bucket of water and has begun cleaning Steeple's body,

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2015, 09:26:53 pm »

The day had not gone well, massive injuries and not much to show for it.

"Keep cleaning him while Andreas and I fetch him some food. We will return shortly."

Heldric heads out with Andreas to find and have him knock out a drunk attractive man who seems to be squandering their wealth. If someone had to die for this mess it might as well be someone like that. If not just a drunk should do.

He cloaks himself and Andreas while Andreas in standing in  the entrance to a dark alley, not moving, then has him carry the human back to the inn. Using a window to get them into then into the room if possible, cloaking Andreas and having him be as stealthy as possible while he entered if there was no easy window.

The plan is to wait a couple of hours then feed Steeple blood.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

Steeple wakes to the sweet taste of blood.

A pounding headache (despite his lack of a heartbeat) immediately strikes Steeple as he regains consciousness. He reaches up to feel his face and it feels uncomfortably raw and, well, wrong. It most certainly does not feel like his own face - it is so malformed and broken that he wonders if a fleshcrafter might have been to work on it.

The blood carries with it a pleasantly vibrant sensation, he feels surprisingly happy despite his headache.

Opening his eyes - or eye, rather, as he finds himself unable to open the other, mostly because it is no longer present in any form that can be considered sufficient for sight, he sees Heldric looking over him, holding a cup to his lips.

---

Heldric sees Steeple begin to move again. It took a few tries to find the hole that would lead into Steeple's digestive track, but it eventually worked.

Nadia holds the hand Steeple isn't using to feel his face, she seems to be waiting for him to speak (or perhaps heal).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 06:53:29 pm »

Steeple begins to heal his wounds, concentrating on his face.

When he has recovered enough to speak he groans out, "not... the... sconces!"

He also wonders why Nadia is holding his gauntlet.

"Not a prank," he then explains to Heldric (as his mouth and tongue begin to reform); slightly embarrassed at the grave mishandling of his own spell.

"It was, ah... something about that place. Bad mojo there."

"We have to go back, but not until we're at our best again. Something really powerful is behind this."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2015, 06:55:59 pm »

Steeple then smiles at Nadia and says genuinely, "I'm glad I didn't harm you my dear."

He also grins at Heldric's man - "And you sir, hit like a farking mastodon!"

'Holy shit I got to get me a servant like that!' Steeple thinks to himself, making a mental note to look into how to go about it later.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:58:40 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 09:16:06 pm »

Heldric gives his twisted Impression of a smile "Excelent, I'm glad you are recovering quickly. Andreas has the physical prowess to balance my more subtle skills, it is why he is so indispensable to me." He sighs and heads over to take a seat.

"First you must fully recover and we can rest the last of the night then try tomorrow when we have had time to prepare, you gushing up blood turned into some strange substance was... Unnerving to say the least."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:18:43 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2015, 07:36:09 am »

"Agreed." Steeple replies to Heldric, then slows the healing down to a careful balance between fixing himself and keeping himself from getting too hungry too fast.

"While I recover, it might be of use to track down any of the miners that didn't disappear into the mines."

"You know, the ones that refused to go in and quit the job. Find out what they are so afraid of. Also ask them what happened to the Cappadocian."

Once Steeple can amble around again, he considers how to fill back up on the blood he'll need to not only finish healing, but to also buff up for their descent into the unknown...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2015, 08:44:12 pm »

Heldric assists as much as he can without touching too much but really leaves all the work to Nadia. Once Steeple is at least walking he lays out a small plan.

"You will definitely need to feed again as you lost most of your blood back there, I will cloak you to make it easy for you to catch prey and feed until you are fully healed and refilled. I can ensure Andreas and I are also in our best condition that way too."

He thinks further for a few moments before divulging somewhat of a secret to the Malkavian before him "I can act in the day better than most of our kind. I can therefore be useful in helping track down your workers who quit during normal human hours, though I would ask of you, and the Prince of course, that you keep this information to your selfs."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2015, 09:53:36 pm »

Steeple manages to heal all his injuries injuries with remarkable speed, his body reforming through the dead man's blood he'd been fed - though he remains absolutely ravaged by thirst by the end of it.

Andreas grins in acceptance of Steeple's praise.

It's good to have you back old chap, I was getting worried about you. the Prince says jovially.

Good thing you didn't go into that cave, you've never been a more delectable treat.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2015, 07:59:36 am »

"Of course," Steeple replies to both Heldric and Prince Maurice at the same time, then suddenly realizes that Heldric is one of the only ones to ever give Prince Maurice his due.

Steeple then considers telling Heldric about pilfering the golden key in broad daylight back before the fortress was complete. After all, his friend just revealed something to Steeple that showed a trust in his ability to keep it to himself and was treating Steeple's Mentor with remarkable respect.

When he is sure that no one other than Heldric can hear, he leans in and quietly says "Your advantage is safe with me my friend. And, while it may be easier for you to move around during the day, I am able, when it is a dire necessity."

"Therefore, as a show of mutual trust (and because of your generous help in our current endeavor), I give you this - If you ever find a need for it, the golden translation key we 'lost' during the construction, is buried under the grave of the apprentice stonemason in Tihuta Pass."

"I felt most keenly at the time, that the key was in danger, so I hid it."

"Keeping that information from the rest of the Coterie was a means of insuring that it could not be lost again through more than one route - given that knowledge like that can be extracted from the unsuspecting mind."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2015, 09:51:23 am »

Heldric simply nods as he speaks, thinking carefully about the responce he would give. "hmm he stole the key, however he has only hidden it for now. Causing problems here would only lead to a fight and Malkavians are clearly unbalanced. For now best to stay acting as a friend, a fight is rarely to my advantage. He also might spew blood again."

Finally outloud he responds "If it is hidden and safe then that is good news. I must admit I had my suspicions but never anything worth damaging our work over. For now shall we begin trying to locate some of those workers?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2015, 11:14:34 am »

"Yes, to the adventure at hand!" Steeple says, ready to go out and feed again.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

March 10th, 9:36 PM
Krakow,
Domain of Razkoljna, the Dragon

After the terrible first foray into the salt mines, Steeple and Heldric took a day to rest, recover and gather some more information.

Steeple refilled his rather depleted reserves of blood from some taverngoers with Heldric's invaluable aid, and then the two began the quiet questioning of the city's retired miners - of course, there is the question of finding out where, exactly, they would be.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:03:30 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »

"What say we ask around the tavern nearest the mine," Steeple suggests, "if there are any of the miners left, they'll surely be known to the tavern."

"After all, the first place a salty miner is going to go after a hard day of toil is the nearest place to get a drink!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2015, 06:48:01 pm »

Heldric nods (In his presentable to humans form) "let us check through a few quickly as they won't stay too long after dark, we should be able to find some affected by the alcohol and willing to talk."

Heldric will try to remember if they have seen a rowdy looking tavern where labourers would feel at ease.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 01:32:03 pm »

This early in the night the tavern is rather crowded; working men from the town's lower class have come in to spend their hard-earned wages on drink and food and grab at the serving wenches away from the prying eyes of their wives. The places is rowdy and loud, a rather large change of environment for Heldric, though he sees that Andreas seems to be in his element.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 02:37:23 pm »

Steeple uses Dominoe of Life to allow him to drink. He figures that he could buy some drinks here and there to loosen a few tongues and that it would seem suspicious of him not to drink with those he's going to be talking to.

"I'll see if the barkeep can help us out first," Steeple says to Heldric, heading over.

Once there, Steeple will order whatever seems to be the most common drink among the crowd; then will ask the barkeep, "I'm looking for any of the men that worked the salt mine, to tell me what happened to it, so I can see about getting it back in operation. Can you help me out?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »

Heldric is less than happy surrounded by rough people so he decides to have a different tact. He also orders a plain drink from the quietest part of the bar then retreats into the quietest corner of the room where makes himself less noticeable and listens in to the surrounding conversations.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:30:14 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2015, 03:01:39 pm »

The barkeep is pudgy man with an aged body and spiderwebbed hands, he pours stale beer into several dirty tankards and passes them off to a serving wench before he actually begins paying any attention to Steeple.

---

Heldric takes a quieter corner of the room, staying there by himself and listening into the crowd with Andreas standing by him. Andreas' naturally intimidating stance keeps most of the other taverngoers away from them, though it also attracts a bit of undue attention. For the most part, however, the Nosferatu surmises that most of the men here are busily celebrating the birthday of a rather well-liked individual named Piotr.

Tracking Steeple's progress through the bar, he sees the Malkavian buy several pitchers full of whatever foul drink the mortals were interested in and bring them clumsily, spilling a few drops as he swings them about, to the table - where he is met with cheers as a long-lost friend.

---

Steeple doesn't seem to be able to get much out of the men, they're too busy celebrating - but they are more than happy to take his drink, unpleasant as it is.

What questions he does ask are typically met with temporarily sad stares - it seems that the fate of the salt miners was a rather unpleasant one. One of the men eventually points Steeple out to a man who appears to be passed out in a corner of the tavern, not too far from Heldric in fact. He was a former miner, it seems.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2015, 03:06:35 pm »

Steeple thanks the men and wishes the celebrants well.

Going back to Heldric he says. nodding to the unconscious man nearby.

"They said that guy was one of the miners, though I'm not sure about waking him up and trying to question him here."

"Do you think we can get him out of here unnoticed? Maybe to a more secluded place?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2015, 03:39:47 pm »

Heldric glances around him "Should be possible, can you buy three more jugs of that swill and loudly ask which tables want it? Andreas and I will attempt to vanish around that time with our new guest."

He then signals Andreas closer "just before attention is drawn away from us, Leave like you were bored and slightly inebriated, that should distract the others, I will follow shortly."

Heldric boosts a couple of blood points into strength then edges closer to the sleeping man. He prepares vanish from the minds eye on himself and the unconcious man to then lift and depart the tavern with him, ensuring the man stays out cold if necessary.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »

"An, excellent plan!" Steeple says to Heldric, taking a small mirror out and looking about the room through it (Mirror of Second Sight).

Presuming no otherworldly creatures besides themselves, Steeple will order a couple of trays of drinks to put the plan into motion.

Should he find something in the mirror out of the ordinary, he'll be sure to tell Heldric about if first and then consider how it might impact their plan.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2015, 11:39:44 pm »

Steeple's mirror reveals that they are alone, for now. Though he notes, disturbed to some degree, that Heldric does not register as a supernatural on the mirror.

Heldric's little gambit pays off well, he and Andreas manage to get the man outside without a single hitch.

Dragging him into a nearby alley he sets the man upright. He stinks of the tavern's swill.

Examining the man Heldric notes that his clothing is of exceptionaly poor quality, and rather dirty as well. The man hasn't washed in weeks, at least, and he doesn't seem well-fed either. Seems more a beggar than a miner.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:55:52 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2015, 11:49:46 pm »

Heldric stays with the man and sends Andreas to collect Steeple when he exits the tavern, intimidation might not be the best tactic here and is basically Heldrics only persuasive ability.

In the meantime he simply stays hidden and weary of anyone approaching

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2015, 05:42:54 am »

Steeple plays it up in the tavern, rather enjoying all the attention and revelry.

After a few minutes however, he drifts off and heads out to find Heldric and the rest.

Allowing Andreas to lead him to their man, Steeple finds the man's state completely appalling.

Before even attempting to wake him, Steeple returns to the tavern a moment to bring back a hunk of bread and a tankard of the 'house special'.

Waving them both under the man's nose, he says - "Hey bub, wake up. Anyone in there?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:14 pm »

The man doesn't respond to Steeple's persuasions, he truly seems out cold.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »

Steeple bites his own wrist and tries giving the man some of his blood, by dripping it down his throat.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:53 pm »

The potent vitae startles the man awake. With a gasp of air his eyes fly open, and he looks about in surprise.

"Wh-where am I?!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2015, 04:54:55 pm »

Held roc stays a few steps behind steeple but speaks up, keeping his face as calm as possible (not risking facial expressions he is less familiar with now)

"You are just outside the tavern, we brought you some food and drink as you seemed in need of it." He indicates the food and drink steeple brought.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2015, 07:10:57 pm »

Steeple will attempt to hide the fact that he just fed the man blood, counting on the darkness of the night alley to assist. Handing the man the food and drink, Steeple gives the miner a moment to accept or reject it before speaking.

"I am Steeple Carson Olaf Treveski the Fourth," he says; "Until recently, you were a worker in my salt mine."

"I need to know what happened there."

"I'm not asking you to go back or anything - just help me understand what became of it."

"Where is everyone? Where is Kasimierz?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2015, 05:34:28 pm »

The man hesitates, but at the sight of the food and drink an almost audible growl comes from his stomach. He accepts the stuff happily and eats almost ferociously - though Steeple and Heldric note that he very carefully ensures that not a crumb goes to waste.

"They're in the streets, like me. We never made much money in the mines to start with, but after It was closed down we couldn't do nothing for work. We have families to feed, we couldn't just do nothing. When the attacks started, most of us started hiring ourselves out to the merchant caravans as guards against the bandits, but the monsters..." 

For a second, the man stops stuffing himself and look Steeple grimly in the eye. He swallows his food:

"They were almost as bad as whatever's in that mine."

Raising a big mug of the tavern's house special in Steeple's direction, he goes on - "It's a hell of a world to live in right now."

Downing half the mug, the man goes back to his food. Thin as he is, he's undoubtedly stuffed - but he keeps on eating. Heldric understands - he doesn't know where his next meal will come from, if it comes at all.

"Not many of us left now. Most are dead, some are crippled, a lucky few like me are out begging in the streets or working the jobs normally given to children for the change to drink ourselves out of this."

Steeple sees Nadia holds her hands to her heart, she's clearly at least partly moved by his story.

"Kasimierz? The poor man, he was good to us. He always promised he would drive the evil from the mines, would give us food and drink or help heal our wounds with the help of his two aides. One day he went down into the mines alone to drive the evil from it. We stood at the entrance to the mine as he went, we prayed for his success. If you'd been there, you would understand the evil that holds that place in its grip - he went down and the earth shook, the demon was not stayed by his righteous strength for an instant. He screamed briefly, some curse laid on the creature, and then we heard nothing more. He went down months ago, no trace of him has been seen since. His two aides still pray for his return at the abbey."

Steeple is dismayed - Kasimierz was a powerful elder of the Capadocian clan. Prodigiously difficult to destroy, possessed of extreme faith and lords of the dead, the clan was among those most feared in the Cainite world. Even the Warlocks don't possess nearly so thorough a mastery of spirits as the capadocians. What could destroy one such as him?

He recognizes the two aides mentioned in the man's story - Kasimierz had two ghouls, monks at his abbey. Perhaps they could be useful to him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »

Steeple gives the man a few coins and thanks him.

Leaving the man in the alley, he says to Heldric - "We need to go see Kasimierz's ghouls at the abbey. They may be able to tell us what Kasimierz was trying to do to expel the demon."

"Maybe it's something we can finish with their help."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2015, 08:50:55 pm »

"Wait a moment." Heldric calls, holding out a shiny coin for the man to see.

"What of the monsters you mentioned and did you ever see the 'Demons' handiwork or did the miners simply vanish? The more information the better if we are to end this."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:53:26 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »

"The monsters that were attacking the merchants? They were beasts, beasts of the kind you wouldn't believe. Massive things whose claws rent flesh like clean water."

The man begins undoing his shirt, which was tied together through several strings at the centre. A massive scar envelops his entire body, from his left shoulder down to his right hip, five long marks, like those of the claws from an immense beast, extend across him, evidence of his encounter.

"They... They left me for dead. When the caravan was found I Was brought back to the city, there they sent me over to Kasimierz. He was a gifted healer that man. What would have been a lingering death at best with any other healer, he healed in little more than a week. The strength of the Lord ran deep through him.

As he puts his shirt back together, Heldric thinks to himself that no mortal could possibly heal a wound of that incredible magnitude in months, let alone a week - even with a skilled herbalist it would have been impossible to heal in that time. The Cappadocian must have fed the man his blood, and no small quantity either.

"We would feel as if we were being watched everywhere we went. Sometimes we'd hear a scrape, as if someone was behind us. Sometimes a quiet laugh, quickly dismissed as a hallucination. It was toying with us, whatever it was. When people started to go missing we thought the mines had gotten unstable. You, mr. Trevesky, payed for better reinforcements and better safety measures, but there were no cave ins, expeditions found no one or worse, also disappeared. We never found any bodies, we never saw anyone being taken. People would simply disappear.

"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2015, 12:28:21 am »

Heldric tosses the man the coin then nods to Steeple to indicate that he will follow him to the Abbey.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2015, 02:46:50 am »

The man catches the coin out of the air and then scrambles to his feet.

"Wait, just what do you intend to do?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2015, 05:32:59 am »

Hearing of the man's encounters with what could only be the werewolves of that Ludmilla lady, Steeple wonders how the man isn't one of them after receiving such a wound.

He double checks the man's reflection in his mirror...

"Think he's a werewolf?" Steeple whispers to Prince Maurice in his pocket.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:34:37 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2015, 12:24:28 pm »

"Of course not lad, werewolves are born, not made." Prince Maurice responds.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2015, 12:51:06 pm »

"I've been lied to!" Steeple says aloud, snapping his fingers in disgust.

"Oh, not you guys," he adds, indicating those currently around him (and Prince Maurice of course) with a wave of his hand.

Replying to the miner, Steeple says, "Well... I guess we'll talk to the lads at the Abbey and see what Kasimierz was trying to do. Maybe we can finish what he started. I'm a bit of a religious man myself, though I don't like to boast."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:52:41 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2015, 01:22:10 pm »

The man's face sets itself grimly.

"You've been good to me, so I warn you now - please, do not go into that mine. You will die."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2015, 01:34:52 pm »

Heldric cuts in thinking "boost allies Rep here for gain later."

"Our esteemed colleague" indicates Steeple "is too honourable to leave such a man of the Lord to his fate in the mine, we came... Prepared for difficulties of this sort."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2015, 04:40:09 pm »

He shakes his head briefly.

"Nothing could prepare you for what waits down there. But if you insist then... Then I suppose all I can do is pray for you. What are your names, that I may know who to mourn?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »

"Yes, yes; Enough of the doomsaying," Steeple tuts; "And look on the bright side - if we survive, it means you can have your old job back."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:17 pm »

Steeple nods to Heldric, indicating that he is ready to head to the Abbey as soon as Heldric is.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2015, 01:10:15 pm »

"Heldric, if you so wish"

He says to the man before they head to the Abbey

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2015, 03:42:28 pm »

Andreas croaks out some sembllance of an answer. He seems to truly want to give a name to the man but only a dull rasp comes out as he speaks.

Before Heldric can do anything Nadia smiles and puts a hand on Andreas' elbow.

"His name is Andreas, mine is Nadia. Thank you."

The man nods, making the sign of the cross as he wishes them all farewell.

"May God watch over you."

All this religious stuff is making Steeple a bit antsy of course, Prince Maurice is also uncomfortable - "I hope he doesn't" the rock mumbles, in response to the man's parting blessing.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2015, 04:11:00 pm »

"I hope all they got is abbots at this abbey," steeple shudders, thinking about the nuns that stole his arm...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »

Heldric glances at him before hiding his expression again "he definitely makes for an interesting traveling companion" he thinks as they walk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up