Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Side Quest OOC 1  (Read 408773 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Side Quest OOC 1
« Reply #750 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:43 pm »

Heh, when I posted that it's been about a day since I updated everyone with no replies

I was/am sick.  I blame you.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 28, 2015, 05:33:04 pm »

Always blame Drak.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 28, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »

I was/am sick.  I blame you.

You can't blame me! I cancelled our weekly makeout sessions, you're the one who insisted.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 29, 2015, 08:42:48 pm »

Just so you know Forge, I'm assuming this is Steeple-Heldric bonding time and unless one of you says otherwise i'm letting it go on.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2015, 11:34:11 am »

I'm good for a cut scene / wrap up as soon as Forge is.  ^v^

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2015, 12:08:34 pm »

Same. Nice fadeout moment

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2015, 03:28:39 pm »

Congrats for finally finishing guys. Only Prince is left,  ha ha.

What are you planning on doing Forge/BZ? Already know wht D's and Seth's are.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »

You mean for private quests or spending xp or...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 30, 2015, 03:45:28 pm »

You mean for private quests or spending xp or...
Private Quest, ha ha. Anton's heading to Constantinople to murder a tzimisce elder

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 30, 2015, 06:51:59 pm »

Private Quest, ha ha. Anton's heading to Constantinople to murder a tzimisce elder

Sounds like he needs the help of someone that can go invisible yes?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 30, 2015, 08:16:37 pm »

Sounds like he needs the help of someone that can go invisible yes?

Unfortunately, the literal ship has sailed. Right now Anton is almost halfway to Constantinople.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

I'll try to post a conclusion to Pillars of Salt tonight - going to try to make something that can measure up to my conclusion of Assassin's honor, just because I really enjoyed Heldric and Steeple working together and want something nice for the ending.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »

Pillars of Salt is complete.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 30, 2015, 11:15:51 pm »

Bonus points if you guys remember who Gutka's newest childe is.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:48 am »

I'll try to post a conclusion to Pillars of Salt tonight - going to try to make something that can measure up to my conclusion of Assassin's honor, just because I really enjoyed Heldric and Steeple working together and want something nice for the ending.
Nice. Not as epic as Assasin's but super cool. Currently trying to remember who would have such huge scars.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 01, 2015, 12:51:41 am »

Unfortunately, the literal ship has sailed. Right now Anton is almost halfway to Constantinople.
Yeah ha ha. Though he'd already be there if Drak wasnt such an ass and made hin go on a ship and talk to ancient people.  >:(

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2015, 12:54:53 am »

Nice. Not as epic as Assasin's but super cool. Currently trying to remember who would have such huge scars.

He was a nameless NPC introduced early on in the sidequest.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2015, 12:58:41 am »

Suddenly uninterested. :P xD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2015, 01:09:30 am »

Suddenly uninterested. :P xD

Hey, he had some decent development dammit. It's supposed to be a callback to the consequences of this decision and the horrifying choice that Steeple and Heldric have made.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2015, 01:18:34 am »

Hey, he had some decent development dammit. It's supposed to be a callback to the consequences of this decision and the horrifying choice that Steeple and Heldric have made.
XD

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 01, 2015, 01:46:38 am »

Man, Marla has been completely forgotten, ha ha.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 01, 2015, 06:04:11 am »

Yeah, miner from the inn. Poor sod. Steeple will have to see that his family gets a good stipend.

Also, what choice? Like we had a choice haha!  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 01, 2015, 06:32:49 am »

Coulda just blown up the mine, maybe.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 01, 2015, 08:33:24 pm »

Yeah, miner from the inn. Poor sod. Steeple will have to see that his family gets a good stipend.

Also, what choice? Like we had a choice haha!  ;D

Shhhh, you totally had options. Not good ones, yes, this is true, but options.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 02, 2015, 05:49:06 am »

Well, at least those pesky monks got theirs, for thinking about stealing Steeple's Vessel of Transference. The nerve!  ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 04, 2015, 07:32:53 pm »

Just a note - all these pre-prepared sidequests are only "pre-prepared" in the sense that they give a general concept. Not nearly so much detail as there is in the main story, so that's the primary reason for why it's taking me a lot more time to come up with everything or update. As an example, this was the summary for Assassin's honour:

Assassin's  Honor

Husayn, the Assamite, is under pressure from Gabor the Bulgar to assassinate the Prince of Sofia, Basilio the Elder. In his attempt to avoid having to kill someone he has come to admire, Husayn has decided on a scheme that may allow him to keep the letter of his contract while simultaneously giving his victim a chance of survival. The Assamite is bound to make only a single attempt on Basilio's life because of the terms of his agreement; if the prince survives his attack, the terms of the contract are fulfilled and Husayn has discharged his duty. Husayn realizes that he may not survive an unsuccessful attempt on the prince's life, but his honor demands that he give Basilio every chance.

To this end, the characters receive information from a reliable source that an assassination attempt will be made on Prince Basilio
within the next few evenings. If the characters approach the prince with this knowledge, he will immediately put them in charge of preventing any harm from coming to him (on penalty of their unlives). If the characters have no interest in protecting the prince and don't reveal what they have discovered, they will receive an offer from an "interested party," who promises them great rewards should they circumvent the assassination attempt.

With careful investigation, characters may discover who is actually behind the assassination and even learn the identity of the potential assassin. If they unearth Husayn's involvement, they may ascertain that the Assamite himself is the source of their information. The characters may or may not prevent the assassination; saving Basilio could involve slaying Husayn or at least sending him into torpor. If they succeed, they will earn the prince's (and Constantinople's) friendship and Gabor's (and possibly other Bulgarian Tzimisce's) enmity. If Husayn somehow survives, he, too, will owe the characters a debt.

In this case, of course, greatly altered due to Kiril and Anton being Basilio's childer.

Pillars  of  Salt

The Cappadocian Kazimierz has noticed that workers in Tyniec Abbey's salt mines have been disappearing with alarming frequency. He enlists the assistance of the characters, promising future favors in exchange for discovering what is at the root of this disturbance. Realizing that the city of Krakow is attempting to gain control of the mine's considerable revenues, Kazimierz initially suspects that one of the city's Cainite population is behind the plot.

Therefore, he tells the characters to ascertain as much information as they can within the city before venturing into the mines. When (or if) the characters finally realize that none of Krakow's known Cainites is involved, they may begin to suspect that they are dealing with someone as yet unknown. Krakow might succeed in acquiring rights to the salt mines in a few years, and the characters' actions may provide the impetus for a change in ownership. Should   they assist the city's Cainites in acquiring the rights, they gain valuable allies, but alienate Kazimierz. Yet, if they survive an encounter with the Salt Queen, they're already ahead of the game.

Greatly changed since in this scenario, Steeple already owned the mining rights and Kazimierz was already captured by Gutka by the time you started.

The  Lure  of  the  Land

(A  Story  for  Tzimisce  Characters and  Their  Allies)

The characters receive an invitation from the local voivode to participate in the dark rites of Kupala's Night. Setting aside any enmities that exist between themselves and their host, the characters travel to the site where the ritual sacrifice is to take place.

Unfortunately, the Tzimisce suffer a surprise attack from a coterie of Tremere (and one or two Gargoyles) before they can complete the ceremonies. The ritual goes awry while the Fiends are thus distracted, and the kupala demons manifest themselves physically. The resulting three-way battle proves to be horrific and deadly.

Pretty much exactly what happened here though, Lure of the Land was easy to run ;)

In "Come Freely, Go safely", Prince managed to go right off the rails by Farking over both his potential patrons in running away yet still turning on the Tremere.

The current sidequests Anton, Kiril and Lucien are on aren't even half-planned out with the concepts.

Berka's and Heldric's are both (sort of) pre-planned though, with some more or less large alterations (much like Pillars of Salt and Assassin's Honour).

Just in case you guys were wondering why the posting rate has gone so far down.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 04, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »

Oh, also, fun fact:

This is what Gutka looks like:

You know, in case Heldric didn't understand JUST how ugly she was ;)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 05, 2015, 06:01:00 am »

"Yep, champion ugly material right there!" *Steeple does a little dance.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:25 am »

I like what you have been doing with the material you have. It has been much fun playing my side quest and reading the others.  8)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 05, 2015, 02:30:08 pm »

Yup, definitely awesome.

And wait, why would Constantinople be happy Anton and Kiril saved Basilio? (And can I use that in my sidequest? XD)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 05, 2015, 02:54:24 pm »

Basilio is from Constantinople (he's an agent of the Byzantine empire, though not necessarily Michael - there's a lasombra faction that struggles for power and influence in Constantinople, along with several other clans really).

In addition, Basilio holds Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, for the Byzantine empire. If he were to fall then the country would be open to a turkish invasion - which is why Husayn was originally tasked with killing him to begin with. The assamites wanted Basilio dead as a precursor to a turkish invasion. Gabor hiring him was only a pretense. It was all explained along with visions of Husayn's past in the end of Assassin's honour.

Anyway, Basilio having ties to Constantinople and his position being so vital, they would naturally be happy about anyone who would save their asses in that regard.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 05, 2015, 03:00:03 pm »

Oh shit. And Kiril can't betray the Assimites. D:

Basilio is from Constantinople (he's an agent of the Byzantine empire, though not necessarily Michael - there's a lasombra faction that struggles for power and influence in Constantinople, along with several other clans really).

Soooooo I guess that's the faction Anton'll be takinh advantage of to kill Gabor?

Also, really wondering how the group is gonna progress. Right now, Lucien and Daniel are pretty firmly on the Tzimisce side (duh), but Steeple is prolly on the tremere, and Anton and Kiril (prolly) are pretty firmly against the Bulgarian Tzimisce, sooooooo (and Heldric will choose whatever keeps him alive longest. xD)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 05, 2015, 03:03:56 pm »

The big point of all of this is that you all grow ancient together, as a joint conspiracy. The petty struggles for power between factions and young vampires doesn't concern you - you can even go separate factions (Sabbat and Camarilla) and it still won't be a major dividing factor because you'll still all be elders who grew from nothing to greatness together. Your struggles will surpass those of vampiric political in-fighting and fleeting ideological beliefs.

Besides, you'll already be old when the Camarilla and the Sabbat are formed. To you guys, it'll still be a fledgling organization even after a hundred years or so. You might not even think it'll stick around too long for quite a while.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2015, 03:07:53 pm »

Was mostly thinking about the Tzimisce vs Tremere conflict, but yeah I guess. Kinda wondering why the Sabbat was formed now. The Lasombra dont seem to have a hatefest for the original.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2015, 03:23:20 pm »

They don't. Neither do the Tzimisce. In fact, both are worshipped, active leaders of both clans.

The real hate-fest starts during the inquisition, where inquisitors - real, hardcore witch hunters with Dark ages True Faith - start hunting down everything. Elders get dragged out of their labyrinths during the day into the sun, vamps caught feeding are staked and destroyed - for the first time ever, shit gets real for the vampiric population. And the elders panic. They throw their childer as bait to the hunters and do their damned best to run away while they burn. The young vampires get pissed off and unite to form the anarch revolt, a purge of the elders of each clan. Lasombra is (supposedly - well, he lets Gratiano do it) destroyed, and the Eldest... Well, you'll see.

But the elders rally and put their almighty feet down, and the revolt is crushed. In the convention of thorns, which you will attend, the Camarilla is formed to ensure another inquisition, and another revolt, never happens again.

But with the formation of the Camarilla, the Sabbat also comes to life. These are the vampires who wouldn't give up, no matter what. They became the Sword of Caine and they struck on the very night the Convention of Thorns ended, an act of defiance that ends with... Well, you'll see.

They also create the Vaulderie to allow more childer to break the blood bonds, by... Well, you'll see that too ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 03:53:34 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 05, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

Oh shit. And Kiril can't betray the Assimites. D:

He can act against the faction, it just depends on whether or not he succeeds the willpower roll - which will vary in difficulty.

Like, if Kiril's attacked by an Assamite assassin? 3 successes on an extended (continue until you succeed) roll at difficulty 4 to fight back and kill him.

Hunt down an assamite who's framed you for murder? 3 successes on a difficulty 6 roll (must be done once a day).

Travel from Sofia to the Ottoman empire's territory in search of Alamut while parsing through Husayn's memories to lead him onwards in order to reveal the location of the secret Assamite fortress of Alamut and then launch an assault on their greatest stronghold to shatter the clan's strength and gain a chance at diablerizing the sleeping methuselah-god Ur-Shulgi, most horrifically powerful of Haqim's 7 childer? That's a solid difficulty 10 roll. Repeated Daily.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »

It always makes me sad when I check the Who's Online and I see someone's posting, and then they never post. It's like a sneeze that you feel coming on, but then just kinda stops and lingers on, mocking you.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 05, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »

XD

I was making pomegranite juice. XD

The real hate-fest starts during the inquisition, where inquisitors - real, hardcore witch hunters with Dark ages True Faith - start hunting down everything. Elders get dragged out of their labyrinths during the day into the sun, vamps caught feeding are staked and destroyed - for the first time ever, shit gets real for the vampiric population. And the elders panic. They throw their childer as bait to the hunters and do their damned best to run away while they burn. The young vampires get pissed off and unite to form the anarch revolt, a purge of the elders of each clan. Lasombra is (supposedly - well, he lets Gratiano do it) destroyed, and the Eldest... Well, you'll see.

Well yeah, I know the Lasombra stuff. (And a little about the Eldest). And yeah, the dark ages inquisitors are farking scary. XD

But the elders rally and put their almighty feet down, and the revolt is crushed. In the convention of thorns, which you will attend, the Camarilla is formed to ensure another inquisition, and another revolt, never happens again.

But with the formation of the Camarilla, the Sabbat also comes to life. These are the vampires who wouldn't give up, no matter what. They became the Sword of Caine and they struck on the very night the Convention of Thorns ended, an act of defiance that ends with... Well, you'll see.
How many years away is the Convention?

They also create the Vaulderie to allow more childer to break the blood bonds, by... Well, you'll see that too ;)
>:(

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 05, 2015, 04:41:27 pm »

XD

I was making pomegranite juice. XD

Well yeah, I know the Lasombra stuff. (And a little about the Eldest). And yeah, the dark ages inquisitors are farking scary. XD
How many years away is the Convention?
 >:(

Several books (I think about 9-10 chapters) away. It's in the year 1493. So, about 300 years from now.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 05, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »

Im gonna have kids by then. XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 05, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

XD

Yeah, i'm going to be skipping sidequests for all of the Bitter Crusade and Under the Black Cross though, so they're going to progress much faster (also, their scenarios (except for one) are generally much more streamlined - I expect those to take about one month per to complete, as long as I update at least daily.)

Really, the sidequests take a lot more out of me than the main quests will, i'll be working hard to cut them at every opportunity in the future ;)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:46:27 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 05, 2015, 04:45:11 pm »

Well, one can hope, ha ha.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 05, 2015, 04:54:54 pm »

Really, the sidequests take a lot more out of me than the main quests will, i'll be working hard to cut them at every opportunity in the future ;)

That's why I forced characters to tag-team side quests in Mythic Nippon haha! Side Quests are awesome as a player, but huge work for the GM. Soo soo much more work than when everyone plays together.  :)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 05, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »

Yeah, side quests are honestly even fun for me as the GM... when i'm only doing it with one person. Maybe two. It's when I see the big line of boards and realize I have to update them all that I feel sad inside.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 05, 2015, 09:51:55 pm »

Im gonna have kids by then. XD

I'm not. XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 06, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »

He'd only had to do some very minor renovations to add a touch of sconces here and there. Sure, the builders said it would be a fire hazard, but since when is fire dangerous for his kind anyway? Prince Maurice loved it as well.

My all-time favorite line in the entire chronicle so far haha!  ;D

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:41 pm »

Are you rereading the first chapter? XD

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 06, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »

Nah, it's just Steeple's ongoing flourishes in the Tihuta Pass Fortress haha!  :D

Here's a larger snippet - some damn fine bit of writing here on Drak's part!

Moving through the decorated walls of his fine fortress, it occurs to him again to be grateful to Sylvian and Zelios for their exceptional work in creating the fortress. It is truly a wonderfully built area. Pleasing enough, if there was something to do other than stare at the walls all day.

He'd only had to do some very minor renovations to add a touch of sconces here and there. Sure, the builders said it would be a fire hazard, but since when is fire dangerous for his kind anyway? Prince Maurice loved it as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:14:20 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 06, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »

Nice, ha ha.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 06, 2015, 02:01:51 pm »

Going to try and udpate everyone once today, though I'm done after that. Have to write an English essay and then study for my history midterms on Thursday... Never mind that I was only told TODAY that I had history midterms on Thursday.... Not relevant information you should tell your students before hand, is it? Nahhhh.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33   Go Up