Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: Side Quest OOC 1  (Read 408738 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Side Quest OOC 1
« Reply #550 on: July 23, 2015, 12:27:18 pm »

The gamer equivalent to storming off the field with the ball?

Anyway, I apologize for butting in with my blunt observations and acknowledge that it is your side quest (Aman & Sethaniel).

Resolve it mutually between yourselves, but don't just yield the entire thing outright because there is a little contention over the issue.

Nah, more like clinching & refusing to box. (White chapel, that was taking the ball & going home.)

If I were a visual artist, I'd be the kind that was always breaking sculptures or slashing paintings while screaming that it was all worthless.

In the case of RP, I get emotionally invested in the story/character,  which means if it breaks I end up totally self-conscious & feeling like everything I wrote was ridiculous, and I hate it and don't want to look at it or think about it any more.

The issue isn't/wasn't whether Kiril ought to be allowed to gain a level/other mechanical bs.

(sigh) yes, I'm probably overly sensitive by your heartless, unfeeling standards.  Still, none of you ever seem to get what I'm actually upset about.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 23, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

To be honest I think I do get what you are upset about. I might be wrong and generally as you all know I simply avoid these discussions but I'll try and sum it up to see if I am right and maybe let everyone see the others perspective so we can then ignore it all and move on to Heldric getting some OP necromancy items...

The issue was discussed in relative detail and from my own perspective it did appear that no-one was against your planned action, just stating that there were new mechanics to make it less appealing. However those mechanics themselves made it MORE appealing from a roleplay perspective as you would gain some small power but then also gain new quirks and maybe even voices that you need to deal with in char. Also while not intended to do so Drak's mention of having to knock Anton out could easily be interpreted as a "Well if you are going for it then you'll have to be sure to do this first".

Meaning what I thought Seth was upset about was that to him it appeared that the topic had been discussed and everyone was OK with the intended course of action, possibly even encouraging about it, then suddenly he felt like he was being attacked over it. So he was upset that he thought everyone had agreed about it then U-turned on him angrily.

While from the others perspective they had been discussing it but really trying to say "Look it isn't worth it now and you'd have to attack Anton so don't do it." then they saw the post and assumed he had ignored them and made a grab for power anyway so they were mad about that.

There. Now that everyone has commented on the situation we can get back to the main issue going on right now, Heldric and Steeple are making their sidequest last longer than the entire first chapter and they still haven't gotten anything cool out of it. I vote Heldric gets a small dagger that can absorb whatever it cuts into itself keeping it frozen in stasis, allowing it to then release it at any point according to the wielders will. So he could cut an ally and smuggle them in somwhere or cut a bad guy then release them into a huge fire later.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 23, 2015, 01:59:12 pm »

yes, I'm probably overly sensitive by your heartless, unfeeling standards.

Damn, we're such brutes! LOL!  ;)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 23, 2015, 03:39:06 pm »

(Frustrated noise) that's why I'm pissed, it *won't* make me unhappy to do it differently.
The *only* reason I went that way was because it seemed to fit the story, and I *thought* my fellow players and I were on the same side, that we'd cooperatively agreed this would be interesting to play.

Instead theyre actibg like im trying to wreck their story.  and you, too, BZ, complaining I'm "taking all the magic items?" Glass houses, steeple stole from the group last chapter.

As far as precedent: Drak flat out Farking told me to have kiril incapacitate Anton. Now he says he didn't intend that as encouragement for me to do it.

So *whatever*! I'm fine with Kiril leaving everyone alive, if thats what drak wants.  Fark it, I'm fine with just standing back& letting the npcs drive the action, if that's how it has to be.

I didn't know that, generally when a player does something like this their heart is set on it. In addition, Aman told me you refused to compromise - which I assumed meant you wouldn't go through with it.

I know it's not a power grab because I know you have little-to-no interest in power in a game, you prefer the RPing aspect, which is why I don't fault you for that. I know you're doing this because it suits your character, which is why I kinda feel like shit for the unintended consequences of the situation.

Meaning what I thought Seth was upset about was that to him it appeared that the topic had been discussed and everyone was OK with the intended course of action, possibly even encouraging about it, then suddenly he felt like he was being attacked over it. So he was upset that he thought everyone had agreed about it then U-turned on him angrily.

I agree entirely, because I was actually more or less encouraging Seth to go through with this until I realized how much it Farked over Aman, and how tenuous it would render Kiril's hold on the city. Which is also why I really have to say i'm sorry for Farking up there, Seth.

But don't go ahead and do nothing, I acknowledge that I Farked up here - but that's no reason for you to suffer through the game now, i'm asking you to work something out with Aman so that both of you two come away happy here.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2015, 03:39:56 pm »

There. Now that everyone has commented on the situation we can get back to the main issue going on right now, Heldric and Steeple are making their sidequest last longer than the entire first chapter and they still haven't gotten anything cool out of it. I vote Heldric gets a small dagger that can absorb whatever it cuts into itself keeping it frozen in stasis, allowing it to then release it at any point according to the wielders will. So he could cut an ally and smuggle them in somwhere or cut a bad guy then release them into a huge fire later.

You get something better, if you're clever enough to realize it.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 23, 2015, 04:01:44 pm »

I'm hoping it is ghost girl herself... but shall see

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 23, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »

Sooo... you guys realize Basilio is still conscious, right?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 23, 2015, 04:32:18 pm »

Really?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 23, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 23, 2015, 04:38:00 pm »

I guess we're farked then...   :P

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 23, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »

Just barely. He's at crippled with aggravated wounds, most of his blood gone as well.

Husayn couldn't do anything even if he wanted to. No blood left (at all), one arm gone, most of his willpower pool spent, the other arm soon to be destroyed by his blood acid, and riddled with aggravated wounds. He'll be in torpor by the time you make any sort of decision regardless - if not from his wounds then from the fact that he spent his last blood point there at the end activating Potence to try and break through the tendrils (he broke through by one success, but Kiril was there so it would have been pointless, he'd have just been stopped anyway).

Yes, you said basilio was conscious but crippled.

Is your point that he'll try to stop k?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 23, 2015, 06:23:34 pm »

Yes, you said basilio was conscious but crippled.

Is your point that he'll try to stop k?

Point is if Anton goes like "Hey Kiril, go ahead and diablerize Husayn, no problem bro" while Basilio is right there, conscious and entirely understanding what is happening, his response will be a prompt "Fark off guys, i'll be the one to deal with him!"

I mean, I assume you guys are going to say that Husayn's own blood killed him (the acid eating through his arm) after Kiril diablerizes him - letting Basilio know about the whole thing is just a tiny bit counterproductive, wouldn't you say?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 23, 2015, 06:28:17 pm »

XD

Is this alright?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:03 pm »

Um, the way I understood it was that Anton was carrying basilio to safety, leaving Kiril & Husayn behind.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 23, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »

Just make sure to wipe the bite wounds in his acid blood after you eat his soul

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 23, 2015, 06:59:59 pm »

Hahaha, I'm picturing Anton's 1 perception leading to him not realizing basilio is conscious & can hear him. . .

Just make sure to wipe the bite wounds in his acid blood after you eat his soul

Acid everywhere. Got it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 23, 2015, 07:05:46 pm »

Um, the way I understood it was that Anton was carrying basilio to safety, leaving Kiril & Husayn behind.

Not the way he originally wrote it, haha.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 23, 2015, 07:06:42 pm »

So, that's a funny way to look at it. I mean, Heldric opened a trapdoor on the other side of the mirror, and now the one here is open - why does he assume she opened it?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2015, 07:08:41 pm »

Not the way he originally wrote it, haha.
yeah, the original was "Now to deal with Husayn.... huh. Well, do what you want Kiril."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2015, 07:12:58 pm »

So, that's a funny way to look at it. I mean, Heldric opened a trapdoor on the other side of the mirror, and now the one here is open - why does he assume she opened it?

Because intelligence score. He will catch on later

I know I am terrible for keeping in character so I always try to do things that fit the stats and char when I remember like trying not to make Heldric too smart or verbose also trying to remember to make him grumpy at times
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:16:44 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00:35 pm »

Okay, think that's the end for the Anton and Kiril's sidequest - will make one last, big-ass post to detail the consequences of the assassination attempt and the results of Husayn's diablerie.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 23, 2015, 10:04:54 pm »

Desidrio better be moving over to krakowbufbeaiadwadaf

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2015, 10:10:26 pm »

Desidrio better be moving over to krakowbufbeaiadwadaf

Krakow is the city Steeple and Heldric are currently in.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 23, 2015, 10:11:27 pm »

Krakow is the city Steeple and Heldric are currently in.
What's Anton's city called?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 23, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »

What's Anton's city called?

Krondstadt

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 23, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:44 pm »

Woo! That took me a good few hours to write. Hope I didn't overdo it, wanted the Diablerie to really have the full impact it should have had. Will be updating Kiril's sheet with all the shiny new flaws and derangements and other stuff now.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 24, 2015, 12:04:36 am »

Holy shit that was epic. I don't know how you managed to make that scene so... Can't even think of the proper adjective.

Damn.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 24, 2015, 12:31:58 am »

So, any chance we see Husayn's Character Sheet?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:37 am »

Hmm, maybe, Kiril would know everything there anyway.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 24, 2015, 01:05:45 am »

Just wondering since you used to do that for Yehuda back in Mages after we beat a foe.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 24, 2015, 01:08:38 am »

Just wondering since you used to do that for Yehuda back in Mages after we beat a foe.

You mean with the Toreador and her ghouls? I did that once XD

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 24, 2015, 01:09:01 am »

Well, yeah. XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:43 am »

There, you have Husayn's character sheet as I used him.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 24, 2015, 01:24:06 am »

Daaamn.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:33 am »

Hence "Basilio is no match for me".

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 24, 2015, 02:58:43 am »

Fixed all the typos, should be MUCH cleaner now.

Anyway, now I get to fully focus on Heldric and Steeple!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 24, 2015, 03:05:43 am »

Also, I should have said this before but - props to D for being literally the only one to realize (without me telling them (Aman)) that Kiril would have lost Sofia if he diablerized Basilio.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2015, 03:52:59 am »

Also, I should have said this before but - props to D for being literally the only one to realize (without me telling them (Aman)) that Kiril would have lost Sofia if he diablerized Basilio.

Thank you.  ;D

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:19 am »

Very nice on the Anton/Kiril side quest wrap up!

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 24, 2015, 07:38:45 am »

Holy shit that was epic. I don't know how you managed to make that scene so... Can't even think of the proper adjective.

Damn.

Seconded. 

. . . who needs a city?  He would have been with me forever. . .

XD  Liar.  You said I'd have "literally hundreds" of years to kill him.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »

Ok making a grab for shiny things but no idea what us actually valuable sooo, Steeple grab the creepier stuff then we can actually head for the mines!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2015, 05:13:35 pm »

XD  Liar.  You said I'd have "literally hundreds" of years to kill him.

And now you literally have to wait hundreds of years before killing him (if you keep that goal)!

Decided that you can only begin to resist the derangements given to you by whatever vampire you diablerize after they have been inside you longer than they have lived.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2015, 06:18:26 pm »

Ok making a grab for shiny things but no idea what us actually valuable sooo, Steeple grab the creepier stuff then we can actually head for the mines!

Like we'll make it to mine tonight haha!

We're totally getting mauled again!  ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 25, 2015, 11:07:20 pm »

Nothing tomorrow, busy with family

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 27, 2015, 12:30:01 am »

So, very few updates for the next few days, as "family day" has turned into "many days of family time!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 27, 2015, 05:53:24 am »

Mandatory 'unplug' eh?  ;D

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »

Updates resume (for EVERYONE) tomorrow. Yes, that means i'm starting Seth and Aman's private sidequests.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »

Booyah.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 28, 2015, 09:23:46 pm »

Also, note one thing - two of the players have opposing sidequests (sidequests where they work against each other). Both players have been informed of this, and I'm warning them now - if one player is significantly ahead of the other in updates, then i'll have to ignore one of you for a while, since I intend for the timelines for the sidequest(s) to result in a cross at some point (it's much more satisfying than both of you working against one another and never actually getting to compete with the other person. It's one thing to compete with someone head-to-head, another entirely to get to the place and find out the competition was finished without you).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 33   Go Up