Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Halfblood Swordsman  (Read 44154 times)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: The Halfblood Swordsman
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:05 pm »

"He's the challenger, ask him." Jie Hu pointed one of blades at Keitaro.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »

"What are the rules?" the Way Station Commander asks, sensing that two of the Daimyo's Samurai were about to have an unsanctioned duel to the death...

"Rules? Just stay out of the way Commander."
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »

Jie Hu smirked. "Not my fault if you die. Here i come!"

Surge to go first, crashing mirror, weapons master. Surge to ignore the called shots too^^

Use luck points freely to maximise damage output. (save one though)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:57:56 pm by Daedalus »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »

Jie Hu smirked. "Not my fault if you die. Here i come!"

An attack+defend action, crashing mirror, weapons master.

Keitaro lifted the club up high above his head and burnt a surge point to activate his drunken master techniques he had been developing (activate bumbling fool)

(so 2 multi attacks surge for drunken master abilties *fool/menace) Should he actually fall prone due to drunken master apply a grapple hold while he is down and beat him brutually with the club.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

Jie Hu was surprised at how fast the huge man Keitaro was and had to really let his adrenalin flow to get in the first attack (1 Surge).

Taking aim at Keitaro’s head and invoking Crashing Mirror Technique (1 Surge), the half-blood Chinaman hoped to end the battle quickly.

Keitaro meanwhile, had activated his Drunken Master Style and was already stumbling a bit when Jei Hu got to him.

With expert precision, Jei Hu’s blade found Keitaro’s head and would have taken it right off (Crit) had Keitaro not stumbled away at the last moment to lessen the depth of the blow (Luck Counters Crit). As it was, the attack put 34 Damage right to Keitaro’s Wounds – completely bypassing Armor (1 Surge)!

Keitaro goes down Disabled!

Jei Hu meanwhile almost trips over Keitaro as he falls into him, but slips to the side and manages to keep his feet.

Not unconscious however (and still with Surge of his own), Keitaro pushes himself to answer Jei Hu back in kind (2 Surge) with 2 Multi Attacks.

Swinging wildly, Keitaro hits Jei Hu with the obsidian-edged club twice for 11 and 8 Damage, knocking him prone in the process.

When Keitaro goes to hold Jei Hu down, he discovers that the Chinaman is a better grappler than him and easily regains his feet in time to parry Keitaro’s fourth attack.

Frustrated and determined to go out fighting, Keitaro burns 2 More Surge Points to attack another four times.

His first strike hits for 10 more Damage and Jei Hu spends a Luck Point for half, while he parries the second shot (also thanks to Luck). Again, Jei Hu is almost tripped up, but is lithe enough to stay on his feet.

The next two attacks both land however (thanks to a Luck Point on Keitaro’s part), and knock Jei Hu down this time – doing 15 and 10 Damage respectively. Jei Hu doesn’t bother to spend Luck to halve the Damage, because his Armor soaks all of it – after he shakes off almost getting KO’d off the first blow (Last Surge).

Seeing that he has nothing left to lose, Keitaro burns his last Surge and makes what he hopes will be his final two attacks.

Seeing the Chinaman parry both (using Luck on one), Keitaro decides to give his all – and takes a final two Actions – 1 with Fatigue Surge and 1 with Dying Action (and 1 Luck to Escape Death).

In a last flurry of blows, Keitaro hits Jei Hu for 13 Damage – Disabling him – then gets parried – then hits Jei Hu again for 12 more – Sending him Unconscious and Dying – but stops his final blow – knowing that to do so would Kill the man outright and offend his Lord (Final Luck to Escape Death).

Grinning, and feeling quite happy with himself, Keitaro keels over himself – now unconscious and Dying from his deadly exertions too.

Blood pooled under both warriors, as the way station commander rushed his men over to both to begin binding their wounds.

“You Farking bastards better not die on my watch!” he hissed angrily …

---

(OOC – Combat is over – both Ketaro and Jei Hu are Unconscious. I’ll update when they awake the following day, but that will have to wait until tomorrow…)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:10:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »

Two days later, Keitaro and Jei Hu both regain consciousness.

They were still quite wounded - but felt like they could now move around again if they wanted to.

Seeing them, the Way Station Commander speaks - "As Keitaro-san was the last one standing, he officially won the duel. Now, if you are both able to - please leave my Way Station in peace with each other..."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2014, 11:42:35 pm »

"Alright!" Jie hu responded, slwoly getting up. "Thank you, you have been awfully kind to me" He bowed deeply.

With significant less respect in his tone he said to Keitaro "Oi fatty, you alive?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »

"Alright!" Jie hu responded, slwoly getting up. "Thank you, you have been awfully kind to me" He bowed deeply.

With significant less respect in his tone he said to Keitaro "Oi fatty, you alive?"

He motions for the Chinese man to come near, possibly to whisper something to him...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 12:56:32 pm »

Jie Hu walked up to keitaro, mostly to see waht he wanted. "Hmm?" He said.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:26 pm »

Jie Hu walked up to keitaro, mostly to see waht he wanted. "Hmm?" He said.

Keitaro mouthed something unintelligible and gestured like he wanted Jie Hu to come even closer.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2014, 02:54:35 pm »

Jie Hu put one hand on is blade, if he tried something, he would make sure it was the last thing he ever tried before going closer. "What do you want?" he raised a eyebrow.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2014, 02:58:14 pm »

Keitaro leans up and whispers in the halfblood's ear:
"You owe me some sake" Then allowed his head to lie back down on the pillow. He laid there and smiled.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »

Jie Hu put is hand on his (own) stomach and laughed so hard he coughed up some blood. "HAHAHAHA THATS THE SPIRIT" He said, while laughing.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2014, 05:08:48 pm »

Keitaro chuckled lightly and sat up. He was fairly sore and still recovering. "Keiji get me a drink please"

"Yes my lord, glad to see you alive."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »

"So... did i pass your little test?" Jie Hu asked, intruiged by what it was.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »

"Well the test was to defeat me. And since you really didn't, no you didn't pass. Though, I can vouch for your combat skills. I will make a report to The Magistrate, I am sure you will be hearing from someone soon enough. In the mean time why don't we have a drink at my farm?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »

"I defeated you, in 1 blow i might add. Unless you are an imposter that have been lying dying here with me me for some time... Actually, i dont know how long ive been here..." He replied, shrugging. Then he pointed to Keiji "Oi, what date is it?" Ignoring the invite on purpose.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2014, 05:44:12 pm »

"I defeated you, in 1 blow i might add. Unless you are an imposter that have been lying dying here with me me for some time... Actually, i dont know how long ive been here..." He replied, shrugging. Then he pointed to Keiji "Oi, what date is it?" Ignoring the invite on purpose.

"I dont get paid to answer your questions." He said with some disdain in his voice. Apparently Keiji doesn't care for the Chinese.

"You'll address me. The Commander already stated I was the last standing. So I win."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »

"Yes, that is what I saw," the Way Station Commander says neutrally.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2014, 06:03:43 pm »

"Oi, i refuse to accept that because something so silly that you were able to stand a few more seconds than i did that you are the winner." Jie Hu replied.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2014, 06:06:33 pm »

"Oi, i refuse to accept that because something so silly that you were able to stand a few more seconds than i did that you are the winner." Jie Hu replied.

"Do you question the honor of a Yoriki?" At this point Keitaro was fully standing and seemed to be a little more refreshed.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2014, 06:12:29 pm »

"Nope. Just his brain." Jie Hu replied with a smirk. "Though,  i guess this... victory over a wounded man goes to you." he said with some disdain in his voice."Now, if you'll excuse me i'm headed back to Sendai, and thank you for everything commander." He bowed slightly to the waystation commander before walking away.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2014, 06:20:33 pm »

"Nope. Just his brain." Jie Hu replied with a smirk. "Though,  i guess this... victory over a wounded man goes to you." he said with some disdain in his voice."Now, if you'll excuse me i'm headed back to Sendai, and thank you for everything commander." He bowed slightly to the waystation commander before walking away.

"Commader, do not let your men allow this "man" to leave" Keitaro ordered.

"Keiji, take this man into custody. He will be returning to Sendai alright. Being drug behind my horse."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2014, 06:25:49 pm »

"Hmm.. Do you wish to have another go at me? i doubt you will survive one more encounter though." Jie hu said, drawing his swords.
"I CHALLENGE YOU FATTY, YOU HAVE INSULTED ME ENOUGH. OR DO YOU NOT THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME ONE ON ONE WHEN WE'RE BOTH WOUNDED?" Jie Hu shouted in rage to Keitaro.
"if i win, you will leave me alone, and not bother me again unless you are absolutely required too, if you win... Then we'll do it your way!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:29:33 pm by Daedalus »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:30 pm »

"Hmm.. Do you wish to have another go at me? i doubt you will survive one more encounter though." Jie hu said, drawing his swords.

"By Drawing your swords, you have made yourself a criminal. I ordered you under arrest now there is nothing I can do to stop anyone from preventing an attack. I would suggest you toss your weapons down before the commander gets jumpy." He says to The Swordsman

"Isnt that right commander?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2014, 06:35:25 pm »

"I CHALLENGE YOU FATTY, YOU HAVE INSULTED ME ENOUGH. OR DO YOU NOT THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME ONE ON ONE WHEN WE'RE BOTH WOUNDED?" Jie Hu shouted in rage to Keitaro.
"if i win, you will leave me alone, and not bother me again unless you are absolutely required too, if you win... Then we'll do it your way!"

"I do not need to "win". I have taken your best.  Now you are coming back to Sendai with me. Or I will use my authority to make it so you don't have a choice on how" he stands firmly, eyeing the swordsman, and glancing at Keiji and the Commander.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »

"Then use your so called authority, since you are to afraid to do it yourself." Jie Hu replied, smirking. And then shortly after adding "Coward."

Note, if Keitaro do use the authoriy he would drop the swords though.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:41:21 pm by Daedalus »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2014, 06:42:26 pm »

"Commander, Keiji, Make it so. Have this man disarmed, bound, and tied to my horse ready for transport. Now, where is that sake?"

Keitaro walked past the swordsman with no hesitation as he made his way to prepare his horse for transporting the man soon to be in custody.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 06:44:55 pm »

"And you call yourself a yoriki and a samruai.. A peasant have more honor than you." Jie Hu said, sheating his swords.
"Bind me, i will not resist." He sat on the ground, waiting for the men to tie his hands and legs.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »

"You would do better not to insult a Yoriki of the Chief Magistrate!" The Way Station Commander says, motioning for his men to surround Jei Hu.

"Please relinquish your weapons. You are under arrest by rightful authority."

Presuming, that Jei Hu allows it (as mentioned above), the Samurai of the Way Station take Jei Hu's possessions, bundle them up in a pack for Keitaro's Doshin, and then shackle Jei Hu's hands.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »

Jie Hu just smiled. "Sorry to be a bother Commander." He bowed to the way station commander.
"Back to Sendai fatty?" He asked Keitaro.

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »

"Back to Sendai Mud-blood" Keitaro Nodded for Keiji to bring the man downstairs

"Thank you Commander, you performed admirably." He bowed slightly to the Man, and continued walking outside.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »

Jie Hu followed and said, "As you wish fatty."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:48:35 pm by Daedalus »

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:02 pm »

Outside, Keitaro patted his Mare, named Jim... And instructed Keiji to tie him up real good like, so as to not get loose.

"Comfy?" he asked the Swordsman. And without giving him time to reply he said "Good". Then he mounted his horse and pulled the reigns to make the horse jump in the direction of Sendai. He and Keiji rode into the sunset towards home. Prisoner in tow.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2014, 09:14:43 pm »

The next day, Keitaro and his Doshin rode back into Sendai with Jei Hu in tow. While it was not the most honorable way one could hope to enter Sendai, Jei Hu’s arrest meant Keitaro didn’t have to grant him the respect of a Samurai, until after the Chief Magistrate had cleared him (if he would).

Jei Hu meanwhile, burned inside, plotting his vengeance on the large Samurai for the insult – which despite the fact Jei Hu had brought it all upon himself by insulting one of higher station than himself, nevertheless could not let the slight ever be forgotten.

Arriving at the Chief Magistrate’s house, Keitaro was met by a somewhat stunned Steward.

Juro Saito looked at Jei Hu in shackles and gasped – but saying nothing, just motioned for them both to come in and await the Chief Magistrate inside.

Sitting before the Chief Magistrate’s Place of Judgment – Keitaro on one side and the still shackled Jei Hu on the other, the two men saw Juro Saito hurry through a door to fetch the Chief Magistrate.

Moments later Chief Magistrate Saito entered the room, followed by his brother the Steward, who now had some official scribing instuments and a pile of important-looking papers.

After Keitaro and Jei Hu bowed, the Chief Magistrate spoke.

“Jei Hu Okamura, I have summoned you here to discuss your future in the service of our Daimyo Shinsen Hasekura. Yet here you arrive in chains? What is the meaning of this?”

---

(OOC - Jei Hu can speak - Keitaro must wait until asked to speak.)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »

"With all due respect sir, why do you send one who would spit in my face to do this?" He asked without any sign of emotion. "I insulted the eh.. fat Yorikis honour. And that is why i arrive in chains." He replied.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »

"And you say?" The Chief Magistrate asks Keitaro, ready to hear anything he would add to the explanation...

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2014, 03:03:43 pm »

"I went to the waystation and challenged this swordsman to a duel. The only rule was to not intentionally kill. The Commander of the station will vouch that i was the last man standing and that I won the duel. My stakes were simple, if I won, he would leave the province and stop harassing our dojos. I mean he just killed a master and was nearly beaten to death and then left to die in a ditch! If he won I would vouch for his skill in your court. He has insulted me, raised weapons against myself and my Doshin, and the commander's men. Resisted arrest by challenging me to another duel and threatening my life. All of this after the Commander cleared me as the victor. By all means My Lord this man is acting as an outlaw. HE is an outlaw!"

Keitaro stands there as his voice echoes in the magistrates hall... waiting for a response.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »

Jie Hu just rolled hos eyes at his statement.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »

The Chief Magistrate observes the 'eye roll' and then holds his hand out for Juro Saito to fill with some papers, which the Chief Magistrate then reviews.

Looking at Keitaro, he says, "The man is a Samurai, not an outlaw, but these accusations of 'conduct unbecoming a Samurai' are serious."

Turning to Jei Hu, the Chief Magistrate then speaks with a deadly seriousness in his voice, "Jei Hu Okamura, it is clear to me that you do not respect lawful authority and proper etiquette as you should."

"You are a Samurai. You know your place. It need not be explained to you. Yoriki Keitaro Hokusai should never have brought you here in chains - but that is your doing. Yoriki Keitaro Hokusai is your superior. That means his word is greater than yours and I accept it as truth."

Chief Magistrate Saito then holds up a war tesson and immediately four mid-ranking Army Officers enter the room. Without a word, they move over to Jei Hu and pick him up.

"Jei Hu Okamura, you are a swordsman of some renown." the Chief Magistrate says, "and such skill can still be of use to the Daimyo - but only after it is tempered with the proper humility."

Then writing something on a scroll and sealing it with his emblem, he finishes, speaking to the four Army Captains - "Take him to the Garrison House and lock him up for a while."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2014, 04:07:08 pm »

"What of my possessions, thhey are still in the care of the f... Yoriki." He replied. after that he would allow himself to be taken away.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2014, 04:54:56 pm »

Once Jei Hu was gone, the Chief Magistrate turned back to Keitaro.

"So, how would you assess his skills with the sword? Anything like we have heard?"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »

Once Jei Hu was gone, the Chief Magistrate turned back to Keitaro.

"So, how would you assess his skills with the sword? Anything like we have heard?"

"Any other man wouldn't have reported back, Sir..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

"Hmm... I suppose that speaks well of both of you then," Chief Magistrate Saito says.

"It is too bad that the man acts like a petty ronin; he could be a great asset in the service of the Daimyo; but certainly not if he is the type to scoff at our laws or insult those of a higher station."

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2014, 06:00:06 pm »

"I was impressed by his blades only sir. The rest of the man is useless to me." Keitaro then shakes his head "Sir, if their is nothing else may I return to my homestead?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »

Keitaro is dismissed by the Chief Magistrate and free to go.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:42 pm »

Some weeks later...

Jei Hu was taken to the Garrison House and forced into temporary Military Service as junior officer in charge of the Chow Hall workers. He was treated like shit by all the other Samurai of higher station, but respected by the Commoner Soldiers under him. When the ‘Army Types’ finally felt (after a few weeks) that he had mastered the basic concept of Respecting Authority and the Chain of Command, he was finally released back to the Chief Magistrate for Review.

“Jei Hu Okamura,” Chief Magistrate Saito said in a meeting with himself, his brother Juro (the Steward), Keitaro Hokusai the Yoriki, and four of the Army Officers that had overseen Jei Hu’s incarceration – “You now have shown the proper respect for authority and proved that you and your skills can be of true service to the Daimyo. I therefore assign you as Yoriki-So, or junior Yoriki.”

At that point, the Steward gathered some papers and emblems of station to pass over to Jei Hu, adding – “Your duties will be to protect the city of Sendai in the Daimyo’s name and to head the local police force – under the direction of the senior Yoriki, such as Yoriki Hokusai here. You will bring great honor and station to your family’s name if you serve faithfully and with honor.”

“Because you will be a part of the police force, you will be allowed to openly carry weapons within the city and to wear armor while on official duty. You will have ten Doshin working under you as your deputies, who will do most of the work, stand watches, and are allowed to carry flail-staves while going about their business. The Doshin will follow your orders without question, but only so far as it applies to their official duties. Be careful what you task them with, because they can cause you to lose face, should any of them fail you while carrying out duties in your name.”

“You and your Doshin are to capture and hold criminals and lawbreakers until they can be heard before the Chief Magistrate”, Juro continues, “which happens once a week as a public service. Though you are within your rights to kill any criminal or lawbreaker that resists arrest, I suggest that you try not to; as the Chief Magistrate holds his weekly hearings and preferes to instill a sense of justice in with those worthy of death, before they are finally dealt with.”

After Juro the Steward finishes talking, Chief Magistrate Saito says one more thing, before leaving the room with the four Army Officers – “Yoriki-So Okamura, prove yourself capable of working with your senior Yoriki – and at an appropriate time, you will be promoted to Full Yoriki Status, on equal ground with all of your peers.”

With that, the Chief Magistrate and Army Officers removed themselves to everyone’s bows – and then only Juro, Jei Hu, and Keitaro were in the room.

Before anyone could say anything, Juro ushered them out and warned – “I hardly expect you two to get along, but make sure that you at least appear to be doing so on the surface – as the appearance of harmony goes a long way to preserve one’s honor.”

Then, shutting the door, Juro yelled through it as an afterthought – “AND NO DUELING! (Except in the upcoming tournament of course.)”
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:55:52 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »

;D

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 05:46:35 pm »

"So we meet again, Yoriki-So." Keitaro had to fight from laughing. "How was your time away?"  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:24:16 pm by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 06:42:26 am »

Jie Hu smiled towards him, "Refreshing." He replied.
If one looked closely though, one could see the intense hatred towards keitaro burning in his eyes.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:09:59 pm by Daedalus »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up