Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hive of Scum & Villainy  (Read 89274 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Hive of Scum & Villainy
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2014, 06:28:38 pm »

"Lester Werthlen..." The Guild Master says with a long pause - all the while looking the crew up and down.

"The information we provide is always fact. It is always the truth. It is always verified," he then says, spitting once more.

"I suggest that you start supplying information of a like quality - or I'm afraid that we will be unable to do business."

"So then, who's the kid? What do you have to do with the kid? Why is getting even more important to you than the kid? Clearly, this is not your kid that we are talking about, and dubiously any part of your crew..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:42 pm »

Talyn refrains from rolling his eyes.

"We're getting even by getting the kid back and burning him and everything he owns down into the ground."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »

"And we plan to get paid for returning all kids we find to their parents. Doing a good deed often comes with good rewards."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2014, 07:06:44 pm »

"Ok, so now we are getting somewhere." The Guild Master replies, "But here is some free information - just so you know how this works... for future reference."

"We know that the Wraithstone Corporation has send bounty hunters out after Lester Werthlen. We know that they are seeking a girl that Lester Werthlen has taken. We know that you have spoken to Solomon Wraitstone shortly after arriving on Ceres - following a little misunderstanding with the Pirate Captain Purgatory Bill. We know where you can find Lester Werthlen."

Then after a pause, he asks - "But why should we help you help him? Good deeds aside."

"You haven't given any indication at all that you are any more trustworthy, or honorable, than the rest of the flotsam that washes up on Ceres."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2014, 07:12:18 pm »

Talyn shrugs.

"We know you're not friendly with him, didn't think it would do any good to say we were with him."

Then his face takes a darker turn to it.

"But if you think we're just in this for the money, you're wrong Junker. I'm not standing by while some Farking slavers keep a little girl hostage, I'm not waiting for them to get bored and kill her - or worse - because they're afraid of the bounty that Wraithstone 'as got on him. I want the money, yeah. We all want the money, everybody in the Farking universe wants money, but we got our goddamn principles too, and I want to kill this piece of shit for more reasons than one.

Now if you want something - be it a favor, a cut, then we can negotiate, but don't you for a second think that we're leaving before we know where we can find the man who makes slaves out of kids for a living, because that kind of man's got to die.

We may be pirates, but we're not goddamn slavers."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:54 pm »

"Listen. This crew may be cutthroats. I hate a couple of them, in fact. But the difference between us and other groups is that some of us actually care about children," Aadi says, honestly.

"I have a family, far away. Left to get some cash. I don't know how it feels to lose a child, but I know how it feels to love one. That's the difference." Aadi King says, simply and honestly.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2014, 07:28:03 pm »

The Guild Master gives a thoughtful look, as if something in Talyn's and Aadi's little speech has struck a chord.

"Maybe you are different than the rest of the bounty hunters and mercs around here - maybe you're not. But you're fresh enough at least that Solomon can't have gotten his hooks too deep in you yet."

"Yes, maybe we can come to some form of agreement."

Then turning to Wrench, he says - "There won't be any returning the children to their parents. As bad as it is to say, some of Lester Werthlen's kids are better off even with him, rather than with their real parents. You got to realize that this is Ceres we are talking about. Lester Werthlen doesn't kidnap the children of upstanding citizens. He takes children that nobody will miss. Why the hell he took someone Wraithstone cared about is completely out of his normal mode of operation."

"But, if you really are going to go after Lester Werthlen, then the children he has taken need to be rescued too. But you are going to bring them here to us and they are going to be assimilated into our society. They will be given new families - cared for - and taught the Junker's ways."

"You may of course return the one child that Wraithstone is after to him, but the rest will come to us. If you can agree to these terms, then we will tell you where to find Lester Werthlen."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2014, 07:35:38 pm »

Aadi simply looks perturbed.

'"No, no... Even in Ceres, parents must care about their children. That's ridiculous to say."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »

Nigel laughs at Aadi's naive optimism.

"Mate, you haven't seen much of the scum of the universe, have ya?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »

Talyn pauses before answering.

"It... fits our contract - but I think i'm going to need proof that these kids really are in such a bad ways."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2014, 07:49:33 pm »

Nigel laughs at Aadi's naive optimism.

"Mate, you haven't seen much of the scum of the universe, have ya?"
"Tragedy makes people better, sometimes, Nigel."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:38 pm »

"I've seen the bottom end of society, if the Junkers can guarantee the kids a good life on their ships I wouldn't mind leaving them with you. Anyone who attacks a junker finds out fast how you look after your own I hear."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2014, 10:56:57 am »

Anath muses to himself as his comrades talk.
 "Would it be possible to allow us to keep a 2nd kid? I've been looking to gain an apprentice who I can teach my profession too. If this can't be arranged then that's all right."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2014, 02:51:36 pm »

Tristan finally can't stay silent any more.  "What the hell is wrong with all of you?

Why do any of you morons give a Fark what happens to the other kids?  We have a job to do, and that job is to deliver the Wraithstone kid.  Not to return all the other kids to their parents- no one is paying us for that-- and certainly not adopting them as our apprentices! 

Agree to the Farking terms already so we can get on with this."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

"Well spoken," the Guild Master responds to Tristan.

Then addressing the rest, he adds, "Yes, it's not like any of you have the time or money to waste tracking down the reprobate parents of these children. You are mercenaries for Titan's sake, not social workers. You bring the kids to us and we'll take care of them. Those are our terms. Reject them now if they do not suite you - but do not make the mistake of going into a deal with the Junkers that you have no intention to keep."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2014, 04:52:07 pm »

"Very well, let's get on with it."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

"Looks like we all agree so shall we get on with it? I need to get my ship back to a good repair yard."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:18 pm »

Aadi gulps, but nods.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »

“Very well, then,” the Guild Master says.

“Lester Werthlen can be found on his vessel, a smuggler jump ship named ‘Triple Sevens’. Currently, he is way out in deep space – far enough from Ceres that most ships can’t get out there and back on one tank of fuel.”

“Unless you modify your own ship, you will run out of fuel just shortly after reaching the Triple Sevens.”

“Here are the coordinates.”

With that, the Guild Master nods to one of the other Junkers in the room – who then walks over to hand Wrench a small info-strip with the location of space where Lester Werthlen hides his ship. True enough, it is twenty one days due south of the solar plane – the exact range limit of the Cardinal (presuming a full tank of fuel on departure).

“If you hurry, you may be able to catch him before he is all the way out there. We know he has some days on you, but if your ship is fast enough, you might overtake him. Who knows…”

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:42 pm »

"Thanks" Charlie says as he grind out the butt of his cigarette. "Although who would you recommend to work on the cardinal here, she will need repairs as well as that retrofit for the extra fuel and I'll trust your information more than Solomon's."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »

"We can do that for you," the Guild Master offers; "in trade for your scout ship... or selling Lester Werthlen's Jump-Ship to us at one third its sale value."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

"Full repair and retrofit, along with extra armaments in trade for 2/3rds off his ships value when we sell to you. So long as the rest of the crew has no major objections?"

Wrench looks at the crew, he considers it a good deal since he plans to blast the crap out of the other ship anyway and little bug isn't for sale. Also in future the extra armaments, if agreed too, would be more than worth their costs.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »

"I'm not the financial manager."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

"Repair and retrofit, no armaments included, and Werthlen's ship for 1/2 sale value - or - your scout ship." The Guild Master counters to Wrench's proposal.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »

Wrench wants to take the deal as there is not way he will sell the little bug but he looks to the others to see if anyone wants to try and barter the junker down more. If not he will accept the deal.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:42:19 pm by Forge »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »

Wrench walks forward to shake hands.

"You have a deal for his ship half price. Want me to leave her here or move her to a different bay for the work?"

"Wait Wrench, let me handle this." Anath says as he puts a hand to hold back Wrench.
 He then swiftly tries to change the deal.
  "How about this sir? We sell you the ship for 2/3rds of it's normal price without armaments or 1/3rd of it's price with mandatory extra armaments. How about it?"
OOC: Use 1 luck if possible to help the deal fall favorably on our side.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:30:30 pm by Fireplay »
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2014, 04:10:56 pm »

"No thanks," the Guild Master laughs.

"You will only get half the value of the ship, no mater where you sell it - and I'm sure you'll have plenty of buyers."

"But then you won't get any free repairs and retrofitting, but meh. The choice is yours."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2014, 04:46:46 pm »

"Then we take the deal, ship at half price, no armaments."

Wrench moves forward to shake hands on the deal. "We leave her here or move it to a different dock?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »

"Here's fine," The Guild Master replies.

"You can wait on your ship and my men will work around you. Shouldn't take more than 10-12 hours..."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2014, 04:52:19 pm »

"Right then, I start helping with repairs, I like to know what's happening on my baby-girl, and don't worry I won't cause problems."

Wrench heads on board to keep and eye on and help with repairs.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2014, 07:10:07 am »

Julia, who had stood there silently, speaks up. "Mr promising guild master, do you know where a girl might get her hands on some poison?" She asked.

"Im looking for the paralysing kind, aswell as the more.. lethal variant." She gave him a smile

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2014, 12:03:12 pm »

Maurice having no Idea what just happened with the transaction casually asks. "Where can I modify my pistol? Or get a new one in general. Maybe even a fully automatic pistol? Or an Energy baton type weapon?"
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

"If you're telling the whore there where to find some poison, i'd like to know where to find some I can wipe down my sword with" Talyn pipes up

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2014, 03:45:53 pm »

"No, no poison or weapons for sale here, sorry," the Guild Master replies.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

"Not for sale, just info for where we can find 'em guild master"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »

"What mr i replaced my balls for metal said." Julia countered.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2014, 04:15:06 pm »

The Guild Master wishes the crew good luck and leaves them to their ship.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2014, 04:15:13 pm »

After ten hours, a twelve-man team of Junker mechanics had repaired all the damage to the Cardinal and doubled the fuel efficiency of the ship – readying it to overtake Lester Werthlen’s Triple Sevens in deep space.

Following four straight days of over-burning the engines and flying at an ‘edge of sanity’ one hundred and twenty eight thousand miles per hour, a blip finally appeared on long range sensors – it was the Triple sevens – twelve million two hundred and eighty eight thousand miles out from Ceres.

Two more blips then appeared on sensors – indicating that the Triple Sevens had just launched a fighter craft and scout ship and that they were now both closing from Sensor Range into Long Range…

---

Battle Stations!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2014, 04:22:33 pm »

OOC: Tsk, you really don't want your players to have dat game-breakingly powerful poison do you Berks? ;)

BIC:

"Doc, you should stay here and man the main guns; Wrench, Aadi, you two ready to take the Bug out for a spin?" Talyn says, grinning.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:34:39 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2014, 05:39:52 pm »

"Always ready." Aadi says, nodding. "I absolutely love the feel of computer run guns."

Aadi then heads over to the scout ship.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2014, 08:33:07 pm »

Wrench, as always is on the bridge getting the ship under full control as the others make their plans for the combat

"If you take her out then you better take dam good care of My little bug! if you scratch her then the repairs come outta your cut! Everyone else who knows how, man some guns!"

Wrench readies all weapons and targeting systems and will open fire with the police guns the second one of the ships gets into range

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »

Talyn will grab Wrench by the shoulders and deliberately holler into his face, hoping for once to have the half-death mechanic hear what he's saying.

"Let Anath take the guns here, none of us can pilot worth shit and if you're not on the bug it'll be scrap metal by the time we reach the enemy ship!"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:44:22 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2014, 08:48:04 pm »

Wrench will immediatly pushes him off and draw his brass knuckles (hothead)

"You really wanna go? Eh?" He pauses for a moment as he looks at the sensors again and puts the knucks away "Fine, none of you can handle my little bug anyway. EVERYONE LEFT ABOURD MAN A GUN!"

Wrench jogs for the lift and to little bugs hanger.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2014, 09:07:45 pm »

Holy shit, he heard me for once. I've got to start doing that more often.

Talyn follows.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »

Tristan intends to come along with Talyn and the others, thinking he'd be more useful that way.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2014, 12:30:47 am »

Nigel heads towards one of the ship's guns and mans it, thinking he'll be able to kill more traffickers that way.

"Alright mates, let's kill them bloody child trafficking wankers!"

Aeon_spiral

• BHB Titan
  • Cowboy
  • Keitaro Hokusai, the Drunken Ox of Sendai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »

Maurice jumps down on a gun and gets ready to fire away. "Don't get cocky yet" he tells himself, quoting one of his favorite classical movies from Earth's ancient past.
Suffering is permanent, obscure and dark, And shares the nature of infinity. ~William Wordsworth

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »

Talyn, Aadi, Tristan, and Wrench board the Little Bug as an air-to-air missile slams into the side of the Cardinal's freshly repaired hull for a blistering 34 Damage! They get the Scout Ship out the hanger and point it at the incoming ships, which are currently closing from Long Range into Medium Range. Unfortunately, the Little Bug only has Short Range weapons, but that won't be a problem next round.

Still on board the Cardinal meanwhile, Julia takes the helm to see if maybe she can dodge the next missile or something, while Nigel and Maurice man the weapons. Anath, meanwhile, has to decide if he can fight to defend his life, even if it means killing someone...

Nigel in the meantime, has no such moral dilemma, and sends an air-to-air missile out to the enemy scout ship - nailing it for 29 Damage!

---

The Cardinal: Handling 0; Armor 25; Structure 100 65; Systems 40
Armed; Sturdy; Water Landing (F); 20mmL police ship guns +0/16L/PB; Air-to-Air Missiles +0/26L A40’r/L (6 5); Chaff Defense (6)

Little Bug: Handling +1; Armor 15; Structure 50; Systems 20
Armed; Docking Clamps; Stealthy; 20mmL police ship guns +0/16L/PB; 2 Banks of 60mm Mini Missiles +0/20L A30’r/S (6 & 6); Chaff Defense (6)

---

Fighter: Handling +2; Armor 20; Structure 40; Systems 20
20mmL police ship guns 13/16L/PB
Mini Missiles 13/20L A30’r/PB (6)
Chaff Defense (6)

Scout Ship: Handling +1; Armor 15; Structure 50 21; Systems 20
Armed; Stealthy; 20mmL police ship guns +0/16L/PB; Air-to-Air Missiles +0/26L A40’r/L (6 5); Chaff Defense (6)

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2014, 05:16:37 pm »

Anath watches Maurice and realizes he could do a better job at manning the guns.
 Slipping out a Tranquilizer he casually walks up behind Maurice and tries to stick the needle into his fellow shipmate.

OOC: I assume I need to roll to see if I succeed? lol

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

Anath tranquilizes Maurice - who botching the save, goes to Dying on him - some sort of bad reaction to the tranq...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up