Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Steeple and Heldric - Pillars of Salt  (Read 103198 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Steeple and Heldric - Pillars of Salt
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2015, 11:51:05 pm »

Heldric lets out a small hiss

"Whatever it is, it can posess the creatures in this cave, we will have to be extra vigilant." He adds, trying to sound less like a very angry monster himself.

He keeps moving ahead though, it seems like whatever is fighting them might well be a cainanite too.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:51 am »

"How are you holding up?" Steeple asks Nadia, taking her aside a bit from the others, to talk to her privately.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2015, 11:44:52 pm »

Nadia seems frightened (with good reason) and she shakes as she answers Steeple.

"I'm scared, Steeple. We shouldn't be here. Whatever's in here is playing with us, rats and bats didn't kill the workers at the mine. We should run, before it decides to stop playing."

Prince Maurice rumbles on in a low tone - "Can't say I quite disagree old chap."

The monks seem torn whether or not to follow Steeple or Heldric - but decide on Steeple, seeing as the madman was the one who offered them his "blessing".

Heldric moves on a short distance ahead from the group but the willo-the-wisp does not follow him - his eyes begin to glow red as he is forced to use his own abilities to move forward.

What he sees frightens him. Steeple's willo-the-wisp had provided a mild but dim light that didn't fully illuminate the caverns and tunnel's they'd been going through. Now, with his superior eyesight letting him distinguish the finer details of the cavern, Heldric wonders at what they might have missed coming up to this point, because ahead, he sees the statue. Unclear and somewhat undefined from here, Heldric sees a statue partially sunken into the mine walls.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2015, 06:12:42 am »

Steeple, tries to calm Nadia, pulling her in for a hug.

"I am prepared to abandon the mines if I have to," he says, "but not before I know the reason why."

Then turning, so only Nadia can see, he offers her the vessel of transference, in case she needs a blood boost.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »

Heldric quickly casts vanish from the minds eye once more, just incase, then approaches the statue carefully to try and examine it without actually touching it. He obviously checks the floors, walls and ceiling around for anything out of place as he does so.

He is expecting to find either some form of state monster from which he is fully prepared to flee the instant it moves or a mine worker/Kazimierzs turned I to a living statue and melded to the wall somehow.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2015, 11:53:12 pm »

Nothing seems out of place to Heldric, the mine appears exactly as he would expect a salt mine to look like. He notes that the air is particularly dry here, the air heavy with salt. He notes that if he still had to breathe, he would barely be able to speak here.

They must be fairly deep. It's been a while.

Approaching the statue, Heldric is very careful to not touch it. The statue does not move, and in fact appears to be little more than a statue - until Heldric moves in close enough to see its face.

He stops himself instantly. Is that...? No! No, it can't be! Not him, it couldn't possibly be him. No demon in some salt mine could do this...

So why does he see Maleki's true face, frozen into a state of terror, long-formed salt crystals decorating his face? Why does his sire's arm extend towards him, a pleading look on his face, as if begging for mercy?

Heldric hears a choking gasp, as Andreas recognizes the figure half-merged with the mine wall.

---

Nadia welcomes Steeple's embrace. She's warm to the touch, her heartbeat a memory of times long gone.

When he offers his blood she takes it happily, a thank you whispered into his ear and a gentle squeeze of his wrist all she can show of her gratitude.

The monks just kind of shuffle their feet awkwardly and look away, though soon enough Feliks clears his throat.

"Master Heldric went down that way master Trevesky, I do not think we should stay so far for so long."

"Yes! Yes, we should probably move down old chap, can't let Heldric have all the fun now can we?" The prince says, insistently.

So capricious, the prince. One second he wants to flee, the other he wants to charge ahead.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2015, 12:05:37 am »

"Andreas, tell me what you see, quickly!" Demands Heldric in an urgent whisper

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2015, 12:12:49 am »

Mr.Whitey rumbles a response after some urgent gasps from Andreas.

"He says it's the man who ripped out his tongue."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2015, 12:23:26 am »

"I see tha same." Heldric replies slowly "but I do not believe it. He would never beg, he would never make that pose. This is some trick, we shall hear what the other see first!" There is the smallest of doubts in his voice but he wills it to be mostly hidden.

"Steeple, I have found somthing but I cannot make it out with your light so far, come here!" He calls back, he makes sure his eyes do not glow when they approach.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2015, 06:40:22 am »

Steeple gives Nadia a gentle pat on the shoulder and then turns to follow the monks to where the others are.

"What is it?" Steepls asks, using his mirror of second sight to sweep over the area.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »

Steeple sees nothing supernatural in the area through the second sight.

He does, however, see a massive river pebble (more of a boulder in size really, steeple is unsure why he initially thought it a pebble) in place where Heldric and Andreas are staring with wide eyes.

The monks fall to their knees at the sight of the Boulder. Tears shine briefly in their eyes, lit up by the will-o-the-wisp.

Steeple then hears the boulder... Speak?

"Steeple. You have found me at last."

Prince Maurice's voice echoes from the Boulder, slightly deeper and more powerful than before.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:36:27 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2015, 08:16:53 pm »

Heldric watches their reactions, they couldn't know his master so why would they react like so?

"What do each of you see, I think it is a trick or hallucination" he says
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:03:34 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2015, 09:03:18 am »

"It's a boulder," Steeple points out flatly.

"Are you guys all bonkers?"

Then hearing Prince Maurice calling from within, he replies with a loud huff - "You can just get right back into your regular stone now, Mr!"

"I'm NOT even going to try lugging that thing around!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 30, 2015, 01:33:39 pm »

"Perfect, we all see somthing different. This means it is a demons trick and we can ignore it or destroy it!"

Heldric adds triumphantly, his sire would never loose in a place like this.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2015, 01:51:15 pm »

Prince Maurice's ancient, powerful voice causes the air to hum around Steeple.

"My old friend, this is my true form. For centuries I have been incomplete, from when some ancient horror stole off a part of me and cursed my mind to wander within that pebble for all of eternity. It threw me into a river, where I was lost for what felt like everything since the dawn of time itself until you found me. You saved me Steeple, now I ask you to do one last thing.

There is a hole within the back of me. A small hole, perfectly shaped to the pebble you carry in your sconce.

Put that part of me inside. Do it, Steeple, and we shall both ascend!"

The cave rumbles at the boulder's last shouted phrase, salt clouds fill the air now and Nadia starts coughing, finding it difficult to breathe. She also looks confusedly at the everyone's object of interest, her eyes rapidly shifting between the boulder and Steeple.

The two monks are nodding their heads yes at this point.

"We understand. We're so sorry."

---

Andreas looks nervously at Heldric, and the Nosferatu is suddenly conscious of something being shouted at him - is that? Yes, it is... Malachite - or perhaps some demonic vision of Malachite - is telling Heldric that the demon is right behind him, posing as Andreas...

Heldric's keen eye picks out that of everyone here, Mr. Whitey seems to be the only one who appears to be unperturbed by whatever is happening at the moment.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2015, 03:02:14 pm »

"Not ready to ascend just yet old bean..." Steeple replies, quickly retreating away from the boulder and pulling Nadia back with him.

"What do you see down there? What do you hear?" he asks of her.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »

"Mr. Whitey, stop whatever is affecting us, it should be somthing over there!"

He quickly tells the croc through his eyes before looking at Andreas again... Just incase...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2015, 11:36:49 pm »

Mr. Whitey begins slithering across the ground towards Malachite, crawling on his little feet.

Andreas is slowly backing away from Heldric, the nosferatu notices that his blood brother's arms are slowly being raised into a fighting position.

Nadia shies away from Steeple, her eyes begin moving more wildly now. She tries to shout something at him but just explodes into a coughing fit, the salt clouds from the rumbling mine silencing her.

It occurs to Steeple that there's a good chance they might soon suffer a cave-in. He failed to notice it on the way here but the supports to this part of the mine seem to be almost obscenely old.

Then it reaches him. Through the intense smell of salt hanging in the air, Steeple breathes in blood.

Whirling around to face the source of the smell he sees both monks with blood dripping from their hands onto the ground.

The walls explode.

A cloud of salt fills the air as salt crystals are vaporized in the sudden burst of force. Steeple's will-o-the-wisp is clouded by all the dust and Heldric is unable to see anything through the salt clouds. The mortals all cough and wheeze, even mr.Whitey is forced to close his eyes or be blinded by the pain.

For a moment, the tunnel is silent. The rumbling's stopped, Prince Maurice's voice is gone - the only sound is that of Nadia retching from the massive amount of inhaled salt.

Then - a slight scraping sound and a click as something moves.

A voice, coarse and weak, speaks up, disturbing the obscured silence.

"Yes father. We will destroy the demons for you."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:42:24 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »

Heldric instantly uses vanish from the minds eye on himself and Mr. Whitey, survival comes before all else. Mr. Whitey has his orders so should continue trying to destroy the source of whatever this is. In the meantime the monks are going homicidal at an astonishing rate.

He quickly moves to try and circle back behind the monks whilst invisible, moving as carefully as possible. He also avoids going near Andreas as he might actually be the demon in disguise, or think Heldric is, either way staying clear.

Should he be attacked or detected during his movement, he dodges by diving to a new area and casts Vanish (shortening it cos typing it out repeatedly is tiring) again.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2015, 06:14:22 am »

Steeple splits his will O wisp in two and has each flare brightly. One wisp remains in the area with Nadia, while the other goes out ahead of Steeple as far as possible.

Using his Heightened Senses, Unseen Presence, and/or Stealth, Steeple quickly moves deeper into the mines to the point that he is in between the two motes, with each as far out as he can see in either direction.

He desperately searches, as he goes, for anything that could be the source of the demonic power.

"This isn't the first time you two fools have been tricked by demons," Steeple mocks, then uses Elemental form to meld himself into the stone - hiding from the monks to wait for them to pass by on their way to the next mote of light.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:30:13 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 01, 2015, 03:59:27 pm »

The air becomes blindingly bright, as a thousand infinitesimally small crystals hanging in the air suddenly flare with life, banishing the surrounding darkness.

Immediately, something both Steeple and Heldric notice is that there are far, far more people in the tunnel with them than there should be.

They are very close by.

A quick estimate places them at about 12 extra bodies.

(Letting you reconsider the situation and your actions here).

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »

Heldric immediately casts vanish once more on himself. Mr. Whitey, Andreas, Steeple and Nadia. They will have to look after themselves from there.

He then moves quickly but Silently to get free of the bodies and behind where the monks were so potential enemies are only on one side of him. They might be enemies or zombies or even illusion but he does his best to avoid them as he moves.

If he sees any attacks coming him way or notices that anyone registers him other than allies, he immediately dodges and recasts vanish.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2015, 05:17:06 pm »

Steeple starts at the jarring revelation, but instinctively activates Celerity and Quickened Vision to make a mental assessment of the new development.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:53 pm »

Steeple's hyperactive senses warn him to the sound of the blade cutting through the air directly behind him. He dashes forward but the sword still cuts through his fanciful clothing - though luckily for him it does not break the skin.

Turning to face his attacker Steeple notes the sound of a heavy clank and another blade speeding towards his neck. He manages to duck under the blow before it opens his throat to the world and finish his spin, bringing him face to face with whoever was assaulting him.

Steeple narrowly resists the urge to retch.

The thing in front of him appears to be an ages-long rotting corpse, its eyes long having been pecked out by crows and its face contorted painfully, as if it had died truly horribly. It's dressed in the ceremonial garb of a soldier and holds what appears to be an ancient yet remarkably well maintained blade.

Where the hell were these bodies? How did the brothers resurrect them? A quick mental run-through reveals to Steeple that these are most likely Athanatos, the inspiration behind most tales of powerful necromancers who would raise armies of the dead and the mainstay of Cappadocians well versed in the practice of cadaverous animation. It would take an unusual level of mastery to raise so many bodies. It should be impossible to have raised so many so quickly, unless the caster practiced on a level far beyond what was attainable by mere ghouls.

Steeple also realizes immediately that the dead have no mind to be fooled by mental tricks. Whatever Heldric does will not prevent these creatures from ripping them to pieces. He should probably be told that.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2015, 06:06:37 am »

"THEY ARE MINDLESS HELDRIC!" Steeple yells, "THEY WILL SEE US AND RIP US TO SHREDS! FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES!"

With that, Steeple Blood Boosts Strength by 2, Dexterity by 1, and Stamina by 1; and activates Strength of The Earth (all 3 to Strength) - [Leaving him with Str 7; Dex 7 Sta 4].

Using Clinging of the Insect, he gets a secure footing on higher ground and draws his Burning Blade to strike at the ancient horror that attacked him.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2015, 07:01:11 am »

"Watch out for those treacherous monks!" Steeple also warns, trying to get a bead on them as well...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2015, 02:02:18 pm »

Heldric hears the cry and immediately changes plans, if cannot go invisible, then he has to fight.

He immediately burns 2blood for Dex and two for Str and sets about using the claws he had already grown to punch thr nearest enemies away from him.

"Andreas, take out the possessed monks!" he shouts

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »

A quick word of power massively boosts Steeple's capacity for physical destruction. Using his newfound strength he leaps straight up into the air, hitting the roof of the tunnel (and killing one of many bats that had been there silently watching the group).

A small swarm screeches and disperses when Steeple hits the ceiling, clinging there much like, well, like an insect.

The Athanatos cannot reach him here, high as he is. From his upwards position he searches through the crowd for the monks but cannot make out anything more than indistinct shapes in the salt clouds. He cannot even tell his allies apart from his enemies in the current obscurity.

Steeple hears a guttural roar as Andreas leaps to where he'd been standing just a moment ago and grabs the warrior that had attacked him. The Nosferatu's fist bursts right through the Athanatos' chest, sending bone, rotten flesh and rent metal flying. The brute then grabs the warrior by the arm holding the blade and exerting himself - a sickening squelch is heard as Drakovich rips the arm out of its socket, before he proceeds to use arm (still holding onto the sword) to beat the thing's skull into some unrecognizable mush.

Steeple has never found himself so grateful that he changed positions when he did. Had he not there was a very real chance Andreas could have done... well, what he just did, to him.

He might also finds himself grateful for the salt cloud. The sound of the brief conflict was sickening enough, he is very sure he wouldn't have wanted to see the result.

A brief grunt of pain is heard as two more humanoid figures leap into the battle and viciously attack what Steeple has assumed to be Andreas. He sees the flash and glint of the same ancient swords of the first Athanatos that had attacked him hack away at the Nosferatu and sees his opportunity.

Standing upright (downright?), Steeple lets his body swing downwards while holding his cane sword above him, moving like a bladed pendulum. His sword is easily visible through the cloud obscuring the area, but the undead makes no move to avoid it. Striking with savage strength, Steeple splits another Athanatos' head wide open, also getting a clearer view of the thing that had so viciously savaged one of the others. He easily recognizes Andreas on his knees, right fist pressed against the ground as if kneeling with cuts adorning his body and his left arm nowhere in sight.

A screech is heard, Nadia's voice crying out in pain as plain as day as the Athanatos presumably find her. Steeple manages to pinpoint her location (she has somehow moved past Heldric's last seen position near Prince Maurice and deeper into the salt mine).

---

Heldric strengthens his own self, warily surveying the area, his fierce red eyes piercing the surrounding darkness.

Ignoring the brief flutter of bats on the ceiling squeak and flee in protest, he shouts out his order to Andreas. Heldric's blood brother steels himself and answers with vigor, for the moment ignoring his doubts as to Heldric true identity. The Nosferatu leaps over to where the monks had been nearest to (Steeple's position).

He hears Andreas' roar and the subsequent flurry of combat as the Athanatos engage. He briefly scans the salt clouds, searching for the two monks. He finds nothing of interest and has to quell his frustration while he thinks the situation through before the Athanatos reach him.

He examines the area where the monks had been and checks to see which figures are doing what. He sees that many figures appear to be moving towards him and Steeple and, in particular, Andreas - no doubt Athanatos attempting to kill them all. Eyeing the figures he keeps a careful eye out to see who moves closer into melee combat and who stays back - hopefully the monks are not eager, vicious hand-to-hand combatants, or they might be impossible to distinguish from the things they raised.

Heldric's observations are interrupted by the rapid approach of the Athanatos.

He hears a brief scream of pain somewhere further down the salt tunnels - the voice is familiar, is that Nadia's? How did she get there?

Heldric lashes out at one of the approaching figures and his fist dents what appears to be ceremonial armour. When he retrieves his hand he notes rent flesh underneath the armor of the horrific zombie approaching him with the spry enthusiasm of a large cat on the hunt.

Heldric unleashes a second blow that obliterates the undead's chest and sends it flying back several feet. It lands loudly, its armor clanging against the tunnel floor.

His satisfaction at his victory is cut short when the blade sprouts from his chest. As he suppresses his gasp of pain and tries to react to the attack, he feels a gauntleted hand grab at his hair and forcefully jerk his head back, baring his neck.

A third Athanatos then leaps for his neck, blade flashing through the air. A white flash dashes across the ground before the blade reaches Heldric and Mr.Whitey's massive, powerful jaws clamp onto the Athanatos' arm, saving Heldric the trouble of decapitation.

Mr.Whitey jerks his head down and pulls the Athanatos off its feet, though the undead warrior quickly shifts position to try and lock the crocodile in place, punching the albino right between its two reptilian eyes.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2015, 08:17:44 pm »

"the monks have taken Nadia!" Heldric guesses "Everyone charge out in the direction of her scream!"

He burns blood to heal and any left over for Dex then slams his body back into that of the undead, he is run through anyway, reaching to grab the hand on his scant hair to tear it off him and throw it into the one punching Mr. Whitey, allowing escape.

"Mr. Whitey, tail swipe them away!" He shouts
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:34:58 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2015, 08:22:32 am »

"Nadia!" Steeple yells, scuttling across the ceiling after her cries.

As he goes, he sends one mote of light off ahead to try to illuminate her position, while keeping the other not too far from where he heard Heldric (not wanting to put Heldric and Andreaus in total darkness)...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 07, 2015, 11:43:01 am »

The mote races ahead of Steeple to where he'd heard the cry, past the salt clouds and deeper into the mine. Steeple races ahead himself, running along the ceiling as effortlessly as he would across the ground.

Racing through the tunnel he quickly leaves the fighting (and the clouds stirred by the Athanatos breaking out of their prisons) behind. It is for this self-same reason that he finds Nadia completely unharmed, sitting down, her back against the tunnel wall, her arms holding her knees to her chest.

She views the appearance of the will-o-the-wisp with relief, and cries out again - "Steeple, where are you?!"

---

In the very thick of the fighting, Andreas lashes out at the thing that had cut off his arm, sending it flying back into the cave wall and sending more dust flying into the air.

Blood flows freely out of Andreas' left shoulder, taking the solid form of flesh as it does so. The brute leaps into the clouds towards another Athanatos and strikes it down with his left arm just as it reforms, crushing its head like an overripe watermelon.

Three more figures come out of the darkness, each attacking with terrible bloodlust, the flash of their blades in the wisplight foretelling the end of Heldric's blood brother.

Another roar shakes the earth as Drakovich is cut down by the dead.

---

Heldric slams back into the warrior holding him down, ripping out his own hair (and part of his scalp) in the process; thrown back suddenly, the Athanatos leaves its blade in Heldric's chest and has little time to react when the Nosferatu grabs it, launching it towards the thing fighting with Mr. Whitey, knocking both off one another.

Mr. Whitey leaps toward the tangled mess of Athanatos and claps down on the one who'd attacked Heldric, crushing it's neck between his powerful jaws, before swinging around and smashing the second even further away with its tail.

The second Athanatos gets up again and runs at Mr.Whitey, its weapon lost. It makes as if it plans to attack him - but instead vaults over the crocodile for Heldric, tackling the Nosferatu into the ground - though he inadvertently impales himself on his comrade's sword as he does so.

As Heldric desperately tries to heal his wound the undead knight violently assaults him, powerful, long-dead hands raining down blows on him.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:50:10 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:15 pm »

"Up here!" Steeple replies, looking around to see where the nearest danger might be - "Where are the monks?!?"

"HELDRIC! THE WAY IS CLEAR! COME THIS WAY, SO I CAN ASSIST!" Steeple yells back up the tunnel, watching for anything (besides his allies) trying to follow and ready to meet them with his sword.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 07, 2015, 12:07:36 pm »

Heldric hears Steeple's call for him to run already while he's getting pounded in the face by an undead warrior whose movements aggravate the sword currently sunk into his chest.

---

"The monks?" Nadia says briefly confused.

"There were no monks. Something pulled me through the fighting here, I don't..."

There does not appear to be anything or anyone nearby.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 07, 2015, 12:21:18 pm »

"Wait here then!" Steeple directs, "I must go help Heldric! I'll return for you!"

Steeple turns away enough into the darkness, so that his viewing Nadia in the reflection of his Mirror of Second Sight (just in case) will be subtle. 'Please be my love,' Steeple thinks to himself...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 07, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

Heldric uses his strength to try to throw the one punching him clear (straight back so it slides off the sword again) as he orders mr. Whitey "kill the monks!" Is all he shouts before attempting to leap at and climb the wall to get away from them, he didn't have long strong fingers from spying on humans for nothing...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2015, 05:34:06 pm »

Steeple starts - Nadia isn't -

Delicate hands wrap around his wast and hug him.

"Please don't leave me Steeple..."

A nagging voice in the back of Steeple's mind tells him something is wrong - how did she move so fast? Nadia wasn't quiet, either, he should have heard that. He, however, checks the mirror ever so briefly - it's still her, and his suspicions die down ever so briefly.

Strange, Prince Maurice hasn't spoken in a while.

She turns the Malkavian towards her and places a hand on his cheek and smiles.

The pain comes from nowhere, originating from some unseen force that seizes him and just squeezes. Steeple crumples to the ground without a sound, every bone in his body shattered, his heart exploded in his chest, his eyes pushed wildly out of his sockets.

Just barely awake, Steeple feels Nadia's lips brush briefly against his ear.

"Shh, go to sleep my love."

The pain strikes him again, and then everything goes dark.

---

Burning blood to fuel his Potence, Heldric pushes angrily at the Athanatos, throwing him clear of the sword and far enough away from Heldric that he can get up.

Heldric runs for the wall of the tunnel then, and, using his inhuman strength, he forcefully claws his way up the rocky face and leaps across to a thick, strongly anchored Stalactite on the wall.

Below, Mr. Whitey clamps onto the Athanatos that had attacked him and begins wildly swinging his head, throwing the undead warrior about like a ragdoll, ending its servitude by way of decapitation..

He then backs into the corner, trying to make out the monks from his position, waiting...

Things move in the dark, though the salt clouds have died down more or less enough that Heldric can partially note the positions of the Athanatos. The monks aren't quite clear yet, unless....

That blob of 6 standing there. It has to be. The two monks have surrounded themselves with their undead guards.

With a chill Heldric realizes that he smells blood in the air through the salt. Could they be summoning more of the dead?

His estimation places the undead originally summoned at 10. 6 have been destroyed, there's no possible way he and Mr.whitey could destroy the remaining four along with the monks - perhaps if he has Steeple's help?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »

"Steeple, where are you? We are almost winning but need your help!" he shouts

He stays ready to jump away and flee in the direction hr assumes Steeple went, he calls down to Mr. Whitey "Hold for now, prepare to flee with Andreas"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:51 pm »

Something darts into the area from where Nadia's scream had come, moving far more quickly than anyone has any right to.

There's a brief flash as something glowing moves through the salt clouds - Heldric recognizes the burning blade of Steeple's enchanted swordcane.

He watches with amazement as three of the dead are rapidly felled, Steeple cutting them down with ease using his enchanted blade - only for the thing to go dark as the enchantment wears off.

It doesn't stop Steeple, however - who, still moving, rapidly maneuvers around the fourth Athanatos, cutting off its head in a careful but brutal swipe. The body falls, each of the undead destroyed in one spectacularly fatal assault.

Steeple must have really been training his speed, to move so quickly now...

The two figures that Heldric had assumed to be the monks then fall to the ground. Heldric never saw any attack hit them, but it's very possible he missed it, given how quickly his friend was moving.

Steeple's voice reaches Heldric's ears.

"Woohoo! Fark yeah, I got them buddy! Get down here!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 09, 2015, 12:33:38 am »

Ooc: dammit

"Couldn't you have done that from the beginning?" Heldric calls down as he assesses himself, better pull the sword out before the jump down does more damage. He starts pushing it through with one hand as he prepares to drop "Just let me get this sword out of my chest and I'll be there, can you check on Andreas? He took a lot of damage."

He attempts to carefully push the sword free and starts healing his wound before dropping to the ground, he is still very careful and suspicious of the dead around him though. (Standard reflex action of attempts to use vanish just before leaping away if attacked, as always)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:45:41 am by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »

"I suppose I could have,"

Heldric is chilled to the very bone. That voice - he hasn't heard it in decades, every since his master ripped out his tongue.

Heldric hears a scrape as something moves behind him, "But then where's the fun in that?"

Andreas?

Something cracks, the earth around Heldric shacking and the salt clouds filling the air once more - for a second he thinks the dead have risen and carefully checks the area so as to dodge.

The ground beneath him explodes, a massive wave of force hurling him upwards into the stalactices at the roof of the tunnel. The last thing Heldric remembers before his world goes dark is the sword in his chest being pushed out by the stalactite that had taken its place.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:38:20 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 09, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »

???
Salt Mine of Krakow
Domain of... Razkoljna?

Steeple starts awake.

A thousand screams echo through the Malkavian's newly mended bones, memories of terrible injuries inflicted in but a moment by his love.

The last thing he remembers is lying broken while Nadia sweetly whispered into his ear that he sleep. What the hell happened?

He struggles to open his eyes, sealed shut as they are by a large accumulation of salt crystals. Soon he succeeds, little bits of his eyelids tearing open as he looks upon the world of the living again.

If... is this the world of the living?

Steeple tries to move his arms only to find them stuck fast to something. From his position he believes himself to be encased entirely in crystallized salt.

Ceasing his struggles (for now), he examines his immediate surrounding area.

Light streams in from some unknown origin, reflecting along and illuminating a massive structure that appears to be made entirely of salt crystals. Inside, dozens of bodies lie frozen, many bearing faces filled with terror, bodies perfectly preserved in what the malkavian assumes are their final moments.

He briefly wonders what he looked like when he was still frozen.

Among the bodies Steeple recognizes Heldric, Andreas and the two monks - though with some trepidation (or perhaps relief?) he does not find Nadia.

With some horror he recognizes Kazimierz frozen in place, confusion etched into his features, along with a slight hint of fear.

All of the dozens of bodies have been arranged into a perfect circle (Steeple included), and at the center of them all is a beautifully carved sculpture of an ancient hag.

"Steeple? Steeple, thank me, you're awake! Gods old boy, I thought we were done for there. I don't know how she stopped me from talking to you but damn it all, you can hear me now right?"

Prince Maurice practically screams into Steeple's ear.

---

Heldric stirs painfully, unable to stretch his body or move from his fixed position. The Nosferatu goes through much the same process as Steeple, though when he wakes, he sees his friend alert and ready, listening to something only he can hear.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:10:48 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 09, 2015, 11:38:03 pm »

Heldric does not move at first but checks himself over to try and ensure he is still in a shape to flee if needed. He then looks over Andreas and for Mr. Whitey too. If Steeple looks his way, then he signals with his eyes so he knows he is awake too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:40:59 pm by Forge »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2015, 06:05:20 am »

'Holy crap!' Steeple replies to Maurice in his head, 'I can't believe you wanted to be a giant boulder! No way I was carrying that thing around! But really really glad you came back to your senses.'

Then looking around, he sees Heldric and signals back.

Still 'talking' to Prince Maurice, he continues - 'Hey... You don't suppose that is Lot's old bag do you? Seems like some kind of a 'salt' theme going on around here after all.'

As this goes on, Steeple takes the time to see if he is capable of snaking free of his salt cocoon.

---

(OOC: -1 Difficulty to escape bonds)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:07:18 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »

Steeple breaks free of the salt with a little more effort - it does not appear that this was designed to imprison, but rather to display. He breaks out of his place on the wall with a loud crack and a cloud of salt.

"The statue? No, that's an old god, or at least, something so old that it might as well be one.

That's what i'm telling you old chap! That wasn't me. Something else was speaking to you back then. You can't be sure that when I speak it's really me, hell, you can't even be sure that what you see over there is Heldric. Whatever's got a hold of you has powers like you wouldn't believe."

Heldric finds that he is in perfect shape - it's as if he'd never been wounded to begin with. Strangely enough, he also feels that he is completely filled with blood - so much so that he does not feel any hunger despite his having just woken from what should have been a year-long sleep.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:27:08 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

"Did somthing have the power to heal me like this?" he wonders as he sees Steeple breaking free. He immediatly does the same with plans to head over to Andreas and break him out too.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2015, 05:36:10 pm »

'Well, that certainly pees in the punch,' Steeple thinks to Maurice, 'though I am glad that it's you, even if it isn't really you, because you're the best either way my good man. And hag gods just can't fake that kind of awesomeness.'

"Don't free these treacherous monks!" Steeple then whispers to Heldric, checking to see the state of Kazimierz.

As he does, he continues to ramble aloud - "She's an ancient god Heldric, older than the Children of Cane. No telling what she wants with us, beyond passing amusement."

"I don't see Nadia here, I hope she's all right."

"Those innkeepers better not have hocked my mirror!"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:50:55 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2015, 07:50:13 pm »

Approaching Andreas, Heldric finds that his blood brother has also been completely healed - though he remains in the sleep of ages, not stirring even when the Nosferatu breaks him from his salt shell. Heldric lays down his retainer's (rather heavy) body.

This is, of course, assuming Andreas (or anyone else in the room) is even still alive. There's no way for any of them to tell without using some form of Auspex or

---

"I appreciate the sentiment lad, I really do.

I don't think anyone'll be getting anywhere near that mirror, lad. Or your room, for that matter. Hell, that inn might not be habitable by this point. A bigger danger is that the whole thing has been burned down by now," Prince Maurice says, going on for a bit. Steeple kinda has to wonder why any of this would be the case - what was going on with that mirror?

Kazimierz's deathly pallor and emaciated figure accentuate his ascetic features. His heavy-lidded eyes make it seem as if he has been locked into a state of perpetual (though troubled) prayer. He wears the habit of a Benedictine monk.

There's no way for Steeple to ascertain whether Kazimierz is alive, sleeping, standing very very still or outright dead - at least, not without his mirror of Second Sight. Searching himself he finds that it is gone - likely dropped when Nadia (or whatever was masquerading as her) did whatever she did to him.

However, if the Cappadocian had sustained any injuries in whatever "battle" he had with the thing that lived here, he does not bear them - much like himself and Heldric, really.

---

Whatever the two vampires are doing is then interrupted by a laugh - a quiet little chuckle that echoes through the Salt Castle's walls.

"I see you've taken an interest to my children. They are beautiful, are they not?"

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:10:33 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2015, 11:05:04 pm »

Heldric immediatly moves closer to Andreas and drips some blood from his wrist into his mouth, just Incase.

He of course prepares to Leap away and cast vanish if needed.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:27 am »

"This one's got some potential," Steeple replies, motioning toward Kazimierz -

"But these two - YEEESH!!!" Steeple shudders in revulsion, grimacing in disgust at the two monks. "You can have them. They make me sick!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2015, 02:41:40 pm »

Breaking open his skin using his nails, Heldric drips blood into Andreas' mouth, though it does nothing to stir his blood brother from his sleep - should he be sleeping.

No attack seems to be incoming, though given the result of the last attack Heldric doubts the effectiveness any resistance he could marshal.

It occurs to him that whatever is in here would probably not want to destroy this small haven either, so if it did attack, it would not be nearly so destructive as the last time.

---

A long, cracking laugh echoes through the castle.

"Oh please let her have a sense of humour," the Prince mutters.

"They were only following their beloved master's orders, you really should be more gentle. Especially since they're still alive. In a way."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:10:43 pm by Drakilian »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up