Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Destiny  (Read 10073 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Destiny
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:00:31 pm »

So I'm very much looking forward to Destiny, the new game coming out by Bungie for a few reasons below;

1. It seems to have the most advanced character and weapon customization of any Fps style game I've ever seen, more akin to the Mmorpg style of customization. This also seems to apply to the ability trees making for extremely different play styles within the classes.

2. The massive open world system with daily events, world alterations and system mechanics again more in the style of a mmorpg. Since I love both types of games I'm really looking forward to an open world Fps which actually lives up to the name in a real sense where you can meet other players randomly in the world and choose to ignore them or party up for a quest or even team up to go on a long raid mission on a different planet.

3. The combat mechanic seems pretty good so far but with only limited gameplay videos and information so far it's hard to fully judge, it seems that the HP system for players in the PVP section will lie between Halo and COD where halo often has the complaint of the shields taking too many hits so flanking looses some advantage and COD often has the complaint that you die instantly from just about anything meaning it's just about who twitches faster rather than tactical skill. The super system seems nice and they have seemingly balanced it well for teamwork as working together and timing kills and super use actually buffs your allies charge bars encouraging further teamwork

4. From the videos it seems that the pace of the game and various mission types seems really nicely balanced. You just go out 'on patrols' in the world and literally go anywhere and hunt whatever you want while picking up world missions by chance, or you can go into the set mission types which vary from short attacks on bases - taking 20 mins to clear, to huge raids on strongholds which could take literally hours of play to reach and kill the boss.

Current concerns I want more info on are:

1. Speciality weapon and gear availability. Bungie have clearly shown that there are a great many special weapons and gear upgrades in the game, some available through specific missions and others as rare drops from bosses. Just how rare will some be? Will it be that anyone who puts in the time and effort will get the gear from a few runs of a high level dung or will only a select very lucky few get the weapon and the advantage. Although Bungie has said that they are carefully balancing everything so that no one weapon with give a huge advantage I still want to know...

2. For the highest level raids which take hours to complete will you be able to get groups or will you need to pre-arrange with friends for any big run? I have played loads of games where both seem to happen, some games you just need to turn up to a popular entrance to find 30 people wanting to form a team for said dung, some have an 'auto group find' function, and in some you sadly can't get into over half the dungs in the game unless you pre-arrange with players you know well in advance because no-one would ever take a stranger with them. Which will destiny turn out to be?

Anyway, those along with others like loving the stories Bungie creates are some of the reasons I look forward to this game, has anyone else been looking into it or have some thoughts before the huge info dump that will be E3?

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »

First impression reminds me of Planetside 2 with more RPG/MMO aspects attached.

Still, it looks interesting enough. Hopefully it turns out as a successful game loved by the gaming community. ;D Optimism required right?
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 03:22:53 pm »

Yup, running on optimism right now. The pre-orders alone will make it an extremely successful game sales wise so with the added day of and soon after sales there will be a huge player base right off the bat.

But will they kEEP playing and will we love it enough to play it ALOT... Just being hopeful atm

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:59:21 pm »

I'm guessing on a few points in the game here but whatever.

Evil Robots: Either end up having a civil war like the Geth do in ME or get beaten down to a minor faction.

Moon Zombies: Main evil faction, lots of cliche 'ultimate evil + sci-fi' mixing. Similar to Scourge from Warcraft perhaps?

Aliens: Basic evil faction, maybe dies or turns good against main evil faction.

Other Human(?) Faction: Will likely become allies later against one of the above factions but ultimately there will be constant warfare between the Guardians and them.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:09:05 am »

So? How is the game?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:23:55 am »

The game is awesome, been absolutely loving playing it and advancing difference sub-classes.

The enemies all fight very differently and have different feels to eachother which is very nice since I hate it when it's 5 different races but they are all practically the same. The fallen are like 4 armed space pirates who hit and run, flank and try and outmaneuver you. The Hive are... Space zombies with advanced weaponry and magical powers kinda fits, the thrills zombie rush you into close combat while the others take cover and blast you from range etc. The Vex act like an unstoppable army or robots without fear, they just keep walking in, wave after wave blasting at you with high powerd sniper support, and they can teleport into close combat to beat on you. The Cabat are like if the Romans became 800heavy armour wearing space monsters and act in formations and military defences etc.

The story very interesting but was short but is clearly just kind of an intro to the world with "the main story is coming soon" at the end of it, and considering there was already an extra content release this weekend and 2 DLC on the way for Christmas then spring it should be good.

The expansive content it great though, I read a bunch of reviews online right after launch who whined about the low level cap and various other things like lack of higher game content and more missions and strikes needed etc. which when I checked was because they hadn't even gotten to level 20 yet which is the end of the games intro and where you start doing the big boy stuff as you level up to 30 and do all the new missions and strikes and raids that open up.

So yeh, overall I love I tight now

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:00:37 pm »

XD

Glad it lived up to your expectations, then.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:02:07 pm »

XD

Glad it lived up to your expectations, then.

Same, I was worried for a while lol

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 07:37:11 pm »

Every time I look at the thread I keep thinking it's gonna be some sort of philosophical discussion about fate and God.

But video games are close enough.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »

Do Jews believe in fate/destiny?

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »

Do Jews believe in fate/destiny?

Well they believe that the Messiah will come to save them eventually. So that could be considered fate/destiny?
 (Note: I may or may not be butchering Jewish beliefs in this here post. Please don't use your Magic-Jew powers on me.)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 10:05:09 pm »

Goddamit Fireplay, you just baptized Judaism for me :P

In Judaism everything is complicated. To put it simply enough as to not derail the thread: Ish. Things like the coming of the Mashiach (things that will happen to the nation as a whole) as dictated in the bible are kinda destinies, but personal destinies are way different.
For example, Bar Kochba had the potential to be the Messiah, but he screwed up and became overly arrogant. We believe in 'missions' which our life purpose is to fulfill, and we're given oppjtuinites, but we can always fail.
(Sorry Forge)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »

In Judaism everything is complicated. To put it simply enough as to not derail the thread: Ish. Things like the coming of the Mashiach (things that will happen to the nation as a whole) as dictated in the bible are kinda destinies, but personal destinies are way different.
For example, Bar Kochba had the potential to be the Messiah, but he screwed up and became overly arrogant. We believe in 'missions' which our life purpose is to fulfill, and we're given oppjtuinites, but we can always fail.
(Sorry Forge)

Don't worry, I don't mind that the Jews fail a lot :)

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »

Don't worry, I don't mind that the Jews fail a lot :)
Unfortunately true :(

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »

They're replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North.
Because Nolan north is contractually obligated to be in every video game ever.

Malkalack

• Bounty Head
  • Prolific shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »

That's good, because North KNOWS HOW TO FARKING VOICE ACT! Dinklage was only there because of GoT; he's actually a shit robot.
doot doot thank mr skeltal

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

(Sorry Forge)

So what's your mission?

Mine is to take over the world. Needless to say, I won't fail.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 04:27:45 pm »

So what's your mission?

Mine is to take over the world. Needless to say, I won't fail.
To stop you! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up