Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself...  (Read 10842 times)

Silvermane

• Small Fry
    • View Profile
Please allow me to introduce myself...
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:45:13 pm »

...I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

Oh well, here we go...

I'm Silvermane, your friendly neighbourhood review-monkey from Germany. And that's about all the interesting stuff there is to know about me. Hard to tell why I'm here; might be because I do have a few questions about BHB's setting. Might be because I'm a sucker for SF-RPGs. Might be because there is a certain Firefly vibe to the background.

I'll be watching how the game and the setting develops; the rules are solid (if a bit crunchy, but at least there's no excessive rolling of dice), the toys are numerous, and the character sheet tells me that someone actually played the game before making it. I like that; it's got that certain old-school charme to it, while being graced with slick mechanics. You play bounty hunters. But you're not limited to playing bounty hunters, given some creative thought you could as well play a team of corporate mercs doing black ops, or syndicate thugs on the run from bounty hunters. I appreciate that; I've read a few one-trick-ponies too many lately, so BHB felt rather refreshing in it's approach.

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Silvermane
'cause Im in need of some restraint
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:52:47 pm by Silvermane »
Rule 6: If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it. Rule 34: If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun. Rule 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:54:29 pm »

Let me be the first to welcome ya official-like Silvermane :)

As I mentioned elsewhere, I really enjoyed your review and it’s nice to have you here.  Feel free to ask about whatever you like, I’m more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Even better, if you have any suggestions, let us know.  We intended this forum not only to share our own ideas, but as a place for others to put their own spin on things.

BZ

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:59:05 pm »

Oh, I’m also happy to see people are picking up on the versatility of BHB – I’ve already used it to run BHB as intended, but also a Shadowrun style campaign and a fantasy game or two.  Part of our supplements will further explore these ideas.

BZ

LadyZerka

• Pepsi Queen
  • Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »

hello silvermane. nice to meet you. I wish I could read German!! ??? ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up