Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There's No Place Like Home... (Yuki)  (Read 10373 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
There's No Place Like Home... (Yuki)
« on: December 29, 2014, 05:06:54 pm »

Leaving Chief Magistrate Yama-Uno's house, Yuki heads to the Temple of The Ancestors and finds Exalted Patriarch Onishi once again.

"Yuki-San, " he smiles upon seeing her - "I trust you squared things with the new Chief Magistrate then?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: There's No Place Like Home... (Yuki)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:07:34 pm »

Yuki gives a short bow and then addresses the Exalted Patriarch.

"Yes, myself and the other have been reinstated as Yoriki of Sendai. Chief Magistrate Yama-Uno was made aware of the... situation we discussed earlier, but no details were given."

Yuki replies.

"The Ancestors told us we would have to rectify our mistakes by helping the city of Kurokawa. I looked into the situation, and it seems the townspeople need our help right away. I'd like to request you get in touch with me when the Daiymo arrives, so we do not miss him."

She finishes, pointing to her head when she says to get in touch with her.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:17:53 am »

"Oh, of course," the Exalted Patriarch replies. "I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. But if you are suggesting that I contact you mentally, you should know that I cannot."

"As a priest, I can send a messenger, but not my thoughts. And the village of Kurokawa is far enough away to make that a very untimely way to communicate."

"As a Wujen though, you should be able to open a two-way line of communication with me anytime you want. Perhaps you could just check in with me at regular intervals?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:47:44 pm »

"Ah... ehehe, I suppose that's right."

Yuki replies with a smile.

"Then yes, if it's no trouble could we do that then?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

"I don't see why not," the Exalted Patriarch replies.

"Anything else I can do to help? Other than stand watch for the Daimyo that is?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »

"Nope, that is all. I'll send my Doshin here to assist the temple and be on my way."

Yuki replies. Bowing out (assuming that the Exalted Patriarch doesn't stop her).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:28:53 am »

Leaving the Temple, Yuki heads towards her home, gathering her ten Doshin as she goes - and sending them all off to help at the Temple.

Once outside the broken walls of Sendai, Yuki heads to her estate to make ready for the arrival of her Samurai friends.

As her hand reaches for the door, Yuki's Feng-Shui Danger Sense goes off - indicating some sort of trouble is afoot...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:38:23 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »

Deciding to make good use of her new Wu-Jen powers, Yuki takes a few steps back and casts Clairvoyance, using it to look through her home to see what the danger is.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 04:18:52 pm »

Using Clairvoyance to do a 'walkthrough' of her home, Yuki sees nothing unusual or out of place within...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »

Using Clairvoyance to do a 'walkthrough' of her home, Yuki sees nothing unusual or out of place within...

"Odd..." Yuki mumbles to herself, taking out her bow and entering her house. Once inside, she'll do another sweep of her house with spirit sight on, thinking that maybe an oni has found its way to her home.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »

Walking into her home, Yuki activates her spirit sight and cautiously looks around.

Her danger sense is still going, when a floorboard in the central hallway abruptly shifts ever so slightly under her foot - followed by the sound of breaking clay pots coming from somewhere within the exterior walls of her home on all four sides...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 06:06:55 pm »

Figuring that it's too much to just be a coincidence, Yuki quickly casts Jump to teleport to the street in front of her house.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:08:36 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 06:54:44 pm »

Immediately, Yuki senses the magic of her spell sucked out by something in the corner of the house. Not a Ward against magic per se, but something else. Something that somehow expends itself in the absorption of her spell.

Still in the center of her hall, Yuki's Danger Sense continues to blare in her mind, while wisps of yellowish smoke begin to gather in the periphery...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 07:52:42 pm »

Remaining calm, Yuki thinks a moment about what she felt happen to her spell.

The magic was definitely absorbed as it was cast - not blocked (a Ward) and not Dispelled - just sucked into something else. Probably an Ofuda Scroll of some kind hidden with the poison pots.

Fortunately, (if this is the case) they are one-shot effects. Only one spell per Ofuda. All Yuki has to do is hurry and try again.

Unfortunately, if the person, or thing, responsible for this trap has set a whole bunch of them...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »

Deciding it's too dangerous to run through the smoke, and that casting spells probably won't work, Yuki makes an Acrobatic Escape roll to escape through the roof. Once there, she attempts to run across the roof and escape back to the front of her house, prepared to dodge whatever it is that she meets up there.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 04:08:38 pm »

Kicking herself off a heavy support column in the central hall with an explosive surge, Yuki springs into the rafters of her home; and then slams open the hatch that leads out onto her roof. Continuing her acrobatics, she tumbles out the opening, over the roof, and to the ground in front of her home.

It is then, that she starts to feel dizzy...

She notices that part of her elbow and the tip of her ear on that same side feels numb. Wiping the area with a sleeve, reveals a clear grease-like substance not only on her skin, but streaked here and there and on her clothes. Contact Poison! The hatch and roof tiles around it were booby-trapped!

Focusing on her lopan, Yuki ensures that fate is on her side. Two Luck Points later, and she has resisted the deadlier effects of the poison, but now feels completely exhausted.

And in this condition, she full well expects whoever did this, to finally make their move...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

Yuki quickly casts suppress toxins on herself, then activates her bow to increase her strength in anticipation of being attacked.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 05:15:14 pm »

Being poisoned doesn't make casting the spell easy, but at least it goes off.

Immediately, Yuki feels back to her old self (though it occurs to her that her house is now a giant pot of contact poison and gas).

Looking around, Yuki does not see anyone suspicious about.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 11:17:16 pm »

While Yuki originally assume that Yunikawa and his associates were elsewhere, her house being trapped greatly reminded her of the expertise of the Korean that had betrayed them.

Thinking of this, Yuki called the wind elemental back to her side, pulled out her lopan, and used divine location to see where Lee was.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 07:45:56 am »

Apparently, the Korean Lee was to the north (in Sendai or somewhere beyond it).

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 03:06:47 pm »

Yuki puts her lopan away and decides to look into Lee later. For now she orders the air elemental (once it arrives) to get rid of the poisonous gas in her home.

Assuming nothing else happens, Yuki will then summon a water elemental and have it clean her, and then the poison off of the walls of the house (using luck to make it work).

While the elementals are cleaning her house, she'll scout out the immediate area to see if whoever is responsible for this is still around.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »

Once the two Elementals have cleared Yuki and her house of poison, Yuki cautiously heads in and searches the area.

She finds a very subtle wire trigger system going from the loose floorboard, under the floor, to the four outer support-columns of her house. Looking the columns over, Yuki finds hidden panels on each of them.

Opening the panels, she sees the remains of four broken clay poison pots (one in each column) that had been set up to drop when the tripwires were activated.

On each pot is an Ofuda of Spell Absorption - though only one of them has been expended - as indicated by the magic script on it having been burned off.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up