Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking Wisdom (Udo)  (Read 8008 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Seeking Wisdom (Udo)
« on: December 29, 2014, 05:29:53 pm »

Leaving Chief Magistrate Yama-Uno's house, Udo gathers up some Doshin, sets them to work, and then heads to the Temple of The Ancestors to find the Exalted Patriarch.o

Arriving there, he sees that an outdoor triage unit has been set up outside, where many of Sendai’s wounded lay recovering on narrow stretchers. There are many horrifying burns, smashed limbs, and what Udo can only guess are huge bite marks – leaving grisly chunks of missing flesh on more than a few unfortunate victims.

Looking around, Udo sees the Priests and Monks of Sendai tending to the wounded.

Noticeably missing – the bones of fallen heroes and Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Wisdom (Udo)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:58:52 am »

Udo resists the urge to help the medics heal the injured and instead nears one of the priests
"Err, excuse me, Priest. Do you know where the Exalted Patriarch is? I wish to seek an audience, so I can help rebuild Sendai further."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 09:13:23 am »

"Yes," the priest replies to Udo, "Exalted Patriarch Midori Onishi - formerly the High-Priest of The Temple of Five Gods - is in the chapel. Allow me to take you to him."

The priest then leads Udo into the Temple, where he sees the Exalted Patriarch tending to some business.

"Welcome Forest Ward," the man says as Udo enters.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:29:19 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:37 am »

Udo merely nods, fancying his newish title. "Many thanks, Exalted Patriarch Onishi. Uh, I wanted to talk to you about something, I hope you can make some time for me in your busy schedule these days."
He looks to see what exactly the High Priest is doing. "Err, I want to discuss with you about the fifth elemental, Wood."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 01:28:50 pm »

The Exalted Patriarch pauses, as if weighing Udo mentally.

"The Wood Elementals are no more," he replies, putting down the paperwork he had been doing.

"Or at least, no longer available to mankind."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 07:33:19 pm »

"What do you mean by that?" Udo asks with a frown, "The Ancestors said they still exist, even though they wish to stay by the Infernumis's side."
He pauses, "I was hoping that... Maybe... I'd still be able to call upon one of them from time to time. To help Sendai recover, among other things. These are serious times, Exalted Patriarch, and I think they're help, if we can somehow convince one of them to at least consider it, would be more useful."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:18:23 am by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:24:12 am »

"Please," the Exalted Patriarch replies to Udo, "Do not speak the names of the Heralds out loud. It is blasphemous to do so, outside of very specific circumstances."

"But no, there is no way to summon a wood elemental. There is no way around it."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 11:47:15 am »

Udo sighs, "Then what about some sort of lesser Elemental? Would I be able to summon a wooden spirit?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 12:01:26 pm »

"I suppose you could; though they are Spirits of the element itself and not true Elementals in the sense. I don't really see any purpose for it though, as Spirit Elements are not very potent beings."

"You could try to alter the way you would summon an Elemental to get Spirit Elements instead."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 07:07:47 am »

Udo scratches his head, "Anything that could help me further understand to my roots is important for me as a Ward of the Forest. But, uh, what do you mean by that last part?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 07:16:32 am »

"Try to focus on elemental spirits (IE Surge) when you summon an Elemental," the Exalted Patriarch says.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »

"Aha," Udo replies, albeit slowly, "Alright then, Thank you very much Exalted Patriarch. One more thing, though, do you know anything about, uh, Dragons? Not the Order of The Shades; I mean ones that I perhaps will actually be able to find and be assisted from..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »

"Um... Dragons are not really my thing son," the Exalted Patriarch replies.

"But you know who you should talk to?" he continues - "Magistrate Mikio Amori of Morioka. I've heard that they occasionally have problems with dragons coming down from the high country to ravage their goat herds."

"She'll be arriving in Sendai with the Army of Morioka in a few days. Yes, you should ask her."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 03:50:48 pm »

Her...
"That sounds great, thank you so much Exalted Patriarch." Udo bows, excited. "I really hope I can get an audience with her... But yeah, hopefully that'll work out. I've always wanted to befriend a dragon..."

As he turns to leave, he adds, "Err, sorry for bothering you, sir. But, um, the Ancestors, they said I can trust you. I just... Think you should know, that, uh, the Daimyo-- they said he was a Rokurobi..."
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:55:08 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 05:44:44 pm »

"I know..." the Exalted Patriarch replies quietly, "...that you shouldn't speak of that any further."

"You just leave finding the Rokurokubi to us, Udo. For your own good."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 06:27:12 pm »

"We'll see, High Priest." Udo replies with a frown. "Thanks for your time, and I hope this will be resolved soon. Have a, uh, good day Exalted Patriarch. Thanks again."
With nothing more to say, the Forest Ward leaves.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 06:49:22 pm »

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:50:59 pm by BerkaZerka »
Pages: [1]   Go Up