Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bo's work in progress  (Read 31428 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Bo's work in progress
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »

oh yeah, is my hord approved before I put it in? I just accidentally typed retainers because that's what I'm used to with Nazario

Yep

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2015, 08:11:25 pm »

Hellz yeah, thanks Forge! Now to type in the Horde and see what else is missing besides the items and whatnot
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you still don't succeed, then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2015, 08:13:14 pm »

And remember that I put another point of ally into my ghoul so he would be a little more powerful
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you still don't succeed, then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2015, 08:38:45 pm »

All right, so feeding grounds. What do I put for that? Whatever ciy he's in now? And for Haven do I put his estate?

Also, I was thinking of my guy carrying a normal saber as a weapon (since his melee does have a 3) and some kind of regal-ish chainmail that he would wear under his clothing for equipment. For Vehicle I think he should own a horse and carriage as he does actually have a driver in the herd. Anything else a young neonate would need? I'll peruse other peoples' profiles and steal borrow some ideas if needed.

I made him be a vampire for nine years now. Acceptable?
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »

Also, I'm thinking of taking the stereotype flaw due to th efact that he acts as a rich vampire condescending noble stereotype. Accepted?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »

All right, so feeding grounds. What do I put for that? Whatever ciy he's in now? And for Haven do I put his estate?

Also, I was thinking of my guy carrying a normal saber as a weapon (since his melee does have a 3) and some kind of regal-ish chainmail that he would wear under his clothing for equipment. For Vehicle I think he should own a horse and carriage as he does actually have a driver in the herd. Anything else a young neonate would need? I'll peruse other peoples' profiles and steal borrow some ideas if needed.

I made him be a vampire for nine years now. Acceptable?

Just describe where he usually feeds, if anywhere.

Yes, his current estate. Though he doesn't have an estate (as in, a large area of land which he owns) so much as a large house.

All of that equipment is fine.

Yep, that's a much more acceptable age.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

What city does he live in again?

Also, how do I calculate blood pool, path rating, and humanity?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:39:55 pm by Bo »
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 10:44:48 pm »

Bistritz, the city of the Tzimisce Prince Radu.

Blood pool is based on generation (check out the Generation link in the explanatory links).

Path rating is a substitute for Humanity, so you can't have them both at the same time. It's your other two virtues (the ones other than courage) added up together before spending freebie points.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2015, 10:58:45 pm »

aaaaaaaalll right, looks like that's everything. Can you spot anything that's left to add or that needs changing?
  --  W.C. Fields

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 08:27:46 am »

Also, I'm thinking of taking the stereotype flaw due to th efact that he acts as a rich vampire condescending noble stereotype. Accepted?

But that isn't the stereotypical view of vampires at this point in time.  (If we're pretending it's the real world.)  Vampires are thought of as bestial, animalistic creatures.  Folklore from this era concerning the undead refers to creatures more like draugr than what we think of as vampires.

The nobleman vampire idea is centered around Dracula, the book character.  The book written about him that creates the modern vampire legend isn't written until 1897.  (Although the first sophisticated/charismatic vampire is written in 1819.)

(side note: The first "vampire" story comes from Croatia, in the late 1600s.  A man who rose from the dead, drank human blood, and was re-killed after being staked through the heart and subsequently beheaded.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:32:20 am by Sethaniel »

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »

But that isn't the stereotypical view of vampires at this point in time.  (If we're pretending it's the real world.)  Vampires are thought of as bestial, animalistic creatures.  Folklore from this era concerning the undead refers to creatures more like draugr than what we think of as vampires.

The nobleman vampire idea is centered around Dracula, the book character.  The book written about him that creates the modern vampire legend isn't written until 1897.  (Although the first sophisticated/charismatic vampire is written in 1819.)

(side note: The first "vampire" story comes from Croatia, in the late 1600s.  A man who rose from the dead, drank human blood, and was re-killed after being staked through the heart and subsequently beheaded.)

Point taken, but then again "You wear a cape or body glitter, sometimes talking with an accent" from the actual merit references stuff that isn't written yet. Like the accent (Which I've always understood to be a reference to the corny Transylvanian accent inspired by Dracula) or the body glitter (Twilight?) and it's still acceptable. I supposed we could just use our own stereotype since of them are really appropriate to the time period.

I understand your point though, that's why I was waiting on Drak's approval, I was just explaining my point.
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 04:14:12 pm »

It's meant for modern vampire, not dark ages (the WoD series tends to actually focus on modern nights).

It could become a flaw in the future, but for now it wouldn't really qualify. Except for Berka, who's char is a Malkavian and is thus allowed to act as crazily/stereotypically as he would like (you can't apply reason to the clan of madness).

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »

Fierce Bigot (2pt. Flaw)
You hold particular hatred or disdain for a specific class or community of mortals, most likely the common rabble of serfs and servants. You make all frenzy checks at +2 difficulty around such individuals and always attack them first if you do succumb to frenzy.

Can I do this for the uncultured? If not the plebian shitstains of society poor people will do
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »

Yeah, sure.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 04:34:11 pm »

Cast No Reflection (1pt. Flaw)
You actually cast no reflection. This can have a very detrimental effect trying to pass as a human. Vampires of Clan Lasombra automatically have this Flaw at no point benefit (and you may be mistaken for one of them if you possess it).
Repulsed by Garlic (1pt. Flaw)
You cannot abide garlic, and the smallest whiff of its scent drives you from a room unless you make a successful Willpower roll (difficulty based on the strength of the odor).

Accepted?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »

Yep

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 04:39:02 pm »

All right, so I'm thinking of getting a second ghoul for Sylvian. This one would go out and hunt for art lovers or painters for him to fee don when he gets tired of his herd. Would this be ok?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »

Just add another point of retainer and you'll have a ghoul (just a standard ghoul, somewhat flawed) who goes out to kidnap people for you. Musclehead and all.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 04:46:53 pm »

So does that give me two ghouls with ally points of two or do I need to invest in new Ally points to give him new ones?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 04:49:05 pm »

Need to invest in new ally points to make him.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:05 pm »

Need to invest in new ally points to make him.

So one for retainer, two for Ally to make him equally as strong as whats-his-name, and then I'm thinking of getting this merit with the one freebie left over.

Sweet Blood (1pt. Merit)
Your vitae tastes like the finest wine, sweet and heady without the slightest trace of salt or metallic tang. As such, you may hide your blood in a chalice or feed ghouls without betraying the true nature of their draught.

It would be sooooo fun to make people accidentally blood bonded. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Accepted?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:03:10 pm by Bo »
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »

Accepted

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:10 pm »

Accepted
Sweet, I think he'll be complete once his weapons and whatnot are added in. I'll make little additions if anything else comes up
  --  W.C. Fields

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2015, 03:46:22 pm »

Your demeanor is "painter?" XD

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2015, 04:02:13 pm »

I... Did not notice that. Totally not a valid demeanor Bo XD

Pick something like architect or bon-vivant for that, haha.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »

I... Did not notice that. Totally not a valid demeanor Bo XD

Pick something like architect or bon-vivant for that, haha.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »

Done
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2015, 10:19:30 pm »

huh, so yeah, you're pretty much done except for Possessions, which you haven't listed at all except for a melee weapon and armour. You have tons of other stuff you know XD (Like art equipment, possible vehicles, etc)

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »

huh, so yeah, you're pretty much done except for Possessions, which you haven't listed at all except for a melee weapon and armour. You have tons of other stuff you know XD (Like art equipment, possible vehicles, etc)
Since when do rich people have nice things? Typing a list up now.
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2015, 11:13:08 pm »

Possessions:
Two carriages, one that's smaller and used for around-city travel, another that's large enough to be loaded up with luggage for long distance travels.
Does my house include any land? That would decide if I have any personal horses in a stable or not (Horse rental options are presumably a thing? Had to get them from somewhere back in the day)

Various empty easels, a wide amount of brushes, SHITLOADS of paint, and blank paper to coat the floor of the loft. For paint, totally to catch the red paint <-<

A loooooooooooooooot of paintings to keep in the art gallery room.

Besides the saber he uses for combat, he will also have a couple daggers, one of which he'll hide in a boot while travelling. Let's include a fancy fencing saber as well - for duels and slaying his enemies and whatnot

Of course lavish furnishings for the estate. Toreador and whatnot.

I'm also going to include a wine cellar and several older vintages so he can sneak vitae to anyone at a viewing.

--  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »

Okay. Now, start your character thread - empty posts, like Berka's

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »

Ummmm.... Assuming my trouble with technology it would probably be better for me to not attempt it.
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:05 pm »

Also I still need my armor and weapon stats added in ^-^
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

Also I still need my armor and weapon stats added in ^-^

I still need you to at least make a thread with your character's name with four empty posts.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2015, 12:32:31 pm »

I still need you to at least make a thread with your character's name with four empty posts.
On it
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2015, 01:06:35 pm »

Done :)
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 07:19:29 pm »

Anything else I need to do, Drak?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 07:22:43 pm »

No, just haven't done yours yet because it will take an annoyingly long time to do (since you quote/copy the template i'm going to have to copy-paste every piece of information.

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2015, 09:42:35 pm »

Is there any way I can speed it up without requiringly an equally long amount of time in corrections?
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »

Is there any way I can speed it up without requiringly an equally long amount of time in corrections?

Nope

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2015, 09:44:51 pm »

In that case I'll just let you work your techy magic
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:56 pm »

You have two Appearance specialties and one perception specialty available.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:37 pm »

Just a note - while you can have your weapons, you are completely unable to use the sowrds without spending a blood point to boost your strength first.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:44:14 pm by Drakilian »

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2015, 01:01:39 am »

Just a note - while you can have your weapons, you are completely unable to use the sowrds without spending a blood point to boost your strength first.
It will be adjusted
  --  W.C. Fields

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2015, 01:10:22 am »

You have two Appearance specialties and one perception specialty available.

Hmm, never done appearance specialties. I assume this just makes him look prettier.
Appearance:
 - Regal appearance? Makes people of nobility see him as more attractive based on what he wears and whatnot?
 - Tortured Artist? Makes the more artistically inclined people see a special side in him and therefor make him look sexier.

Perception:
 - Complete Serenity? Being the artist that he is, Sylvian needs complete silence. Because of this he's able to hear even more when a sudden sound (snap of twigs and whatnot) breaks his serenity
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2015, 01:15:57 am »

I can work with those.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up