Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunting Lee (Roka)  (Read 74034 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Lee (Roka)
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »

"Um... Hmm?" Li Li says evasively - "Wouldn't you like to see the book now?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »

Roka nods,

"I suppose so." He says, allowing the issue to be dropped for the moment. He needs that book,

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:28 pm »

Going back up the ladder and into the keep again, Li Li leads Roka down the steps that allow access to the first floor.

Down there, Roka finds a Kitchen and storage area. He notes that the majority of things here are handmade and hand-hewn. Which makes sense, as Akira and his men would have had to fashion everything they needed from the raw recourses around them. And apparently, they had had plenty of time to do so.

Rooting around through some shelves, Li Li smiles triumphantly and holds up a dusty old journal.

"Here it is," she says. "I don't think he has written anything in this since he was young like you."

Handing the book to Roka, the girl obliquely asks, "You never told me your name."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2015, 06:11:14 pm »

"Ah, thank you." Roka says, dusting off the ancient journal. It's probably the first time he's been happy to see a book in a long time.

"Oh, and yes, where are my manners. I am the ki master Roka Takemura." He says with a bow.

"Now now, let's see what Akira was doing for Yukinawa..." Roka mutters, as he flips through the books.

"So, Li Li, I've never actually seen a person transform into a wasp and manipulate the earth quite like you. Closest I've seen was Udo, Akira's relative, but he couldn't morph into a wasp." Roka says absentmindedly to the wasp girl

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2015, 07:21:35 am »

"That's OK," Li Li replies, sitting down to watch Roka with the book, curious to see if it is of any real value to the strange aging man from Sendai.

Looking, Roka sees that the journal of Akira Kuwabara begins, dated 10th Day of Mid Summer 1303.

The traitorous wujen Yunikawa destroyed our fair Sendai, sending fire down from the sky and filling the streets with flame and oni. It was a hell on earth, but we rallied the surviving troops and waged warfare upon them with swift and final retribution!

Those that fled to the mountains – back to the foul master that spawned them – we chased, falling upon them with our arrows, swords, and spears. Then, at the crest of the foothills, an army of bakemono seven hundred strong, with a hundred O-bakemono heavy troops.

Our hearts threatened to sink, but we advanced and laid into them with everything we had. To our great surprise, the cowards broke and fled into a magical wall that Yunikawa had set up around his mountains.

Under orders of General Meji, we did not follow, thinking it perhaps an ambush ploy, but instead, set up defensive positions to await their return.

After some hours with no sign of them, The General OK’d a scouting team to go in through the blue light to recon what lay beyond. I, heading my men – Miko Mitaru, Fujitsu Fukosan, Tetsuo Kensai, and Komatsu Morita – took lead and we stepped through.

On the other side, we found this strange land of mountainous forest with no sign of the bakemono and no apparent way to go back the way we came.  Nevertheless, we have a mission to preform and we won’t rest until we discover the location of the enemy army.

---

What follows is morale eroding realization over the next dozen entries, that the men are trapped here.

They never find any sign of the bakemono and discover that the mountainous forest is filled with wild animals, but none that they can’t handle.

Exploring, they find that the mountains ring a two mile diameter grassy savannah with a central lake surrounded by trees. When they go down into the grassland, they encounter swarms of giant wasps and the men start shooting arrows and killing them.

Akira realizes that they are not giant insects but Bisan (or tree spirits) and calls his men off - fleeing back into the mountains.

The men then explore outward and find that the mountains extend out from the central plain only fifty miles in each direction before ending in a wall of absolute darkness.

The men, tired of living in caves and looking like they might be here for a while, then build a fortification for themselves and the journal entries begin to get more and more infrequent.

---

A later entry, details a planned expedition into the darkness to see what lay beyond. It ends abruptly, just a few hundred yards into the darkness, when not one, but two pitch black dragons – described in the journal as ribbon-like serpents of course black smoke and soot, alternating between solid and ethereal states – attack the nearly darkness-blind men.

Two men, Miko and Fujitsu, are lost to the dragons as the rest escape back to the mountains. The Dragons do not seem to be able to abide light and remain within the black wall. Akira notes that even the light from their lamps seemed to burn the dragons, but it was not nearly enough to make a stand against them.

Dejected, the three remaining men returned to their fortification to hold a funeral service for Miko and Fujitsu.

---

Another late entry then discusses the merits and folly of trying to go back to the Bisan to make peace – as there were women among them and the men were hoping to make some sort of wives out of them.

This ends with the Bisan refusing to have anything to do with them because of their earlier transgression against them and their territory. The men are forbidding from entering the savanna and banished back to the mountains.

---

At this point in the journal, the entries stop with a final question from Akira –

There is no night, yet we still sleep. But we sleep less and less with each passing year? Time seems to stand still here, but we continue to age. We are old men now. Tetsuo is gone and Komatsu is mad. My mind is failing too and soon we will both join the others in the grave. Maybe then we will be free of this cursed place.

Was Sendai just a dream?

---

Interestingly, there is no mention in the Journal of the girl Li Li.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:33:54 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2015, 10:07:24 am »

Roka closes the journal, grim. Akira and his troops were sent here a mere day ago, but time had passed as if it were decades, and they never found a way back.

"So, Li Li, when did you arrive here? He never mentioned you in the journal."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2015, 10:26:35 am »

"Oh, I didn't arrive here," Li Li replies, "I have always been here."

"And Akira didn't write in his book anymore when I let him see me for the first time. His last brother had just died, and he could no longer take care of himself."

"I couldn't just leave him to suffer and die alone, so I decided to help him."

Here, Li Li has a look of sad regret.

"I wasn't with him when he died, like I promised," she chokes up - "But at least he didn't die alone."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2015, 10:59:58 am »

"You did far more then could be expected of you, Li Li. I'm sure Akira thanks you greatly up in the Ancestral Palace." Roka says, trying to comfort the girl. He then puts the journal down.

"So, where are the other Bisan? Assuming that's what you are. I'm not very educated in the occult." Roka says with a slight chuckle.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2015, 11:30:58 am »

"My people live in the Glen Around the Sacred Lake," Li Li says.

"Akira and his brothers tried to go there once, but they got in a fight with the Mountain Guard and killed some of them."

"Akira didn't know it, but he saved me from his brothers, when they were going to shoot me, but he ordered them to stop."

"Later, they came back to ask forgiveness, but the Elders forbid them from ever returning to the Glen. After that, I would follow them sometimes and watch."

"You, that are from Sendai, are strong for a short time, but then you weaken and die. Are you cursed or something?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:18 am »

Roka's brow furrows as Li Li asks her question.
"What do you mean?" He asks, not really getting the girl's question.

"And could we go to this "Glen around the Sacred Lake"? Maybe your elders know some way to leave this realm."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2015, 12:28:40 pm »

"Your people change," Li Li says, "My people stay the same. Your people just die. My people only die from violence or accident, but you just up and die after a while." Li Li tries to explain, not really understanding what it is to be mortal.

When asked about the Glen, she answers with a little trepidation - "Oh, I don't know about that. The elders were really mad at Akira and his brothers. But you haven't done anything wrong... Maybe they will let you in?"

"Oh! But don't tell them I was helping Akira!" She adds hastily. "It was against the rules."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2015, 12:44:26 pm »

"Oh, ah, no that's not a curse. It's a human thing, not a sendai one." Roka says.

"Of course I wont. Come on, the more time we use the... Well, that's not actually true anymore, but whatever. Lead me to the Glen!" Roka says triumphantly.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »

"OK, Roka from Sendai," Li Li replies, "Follow me."

Li Li once again transforms into wasp form and buzzes out the window - there, she hovers a moment for Roka to follow.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2015, 09:56:07 am »

When Roka climbs out the window, Li Li flies over the wall and upward in the direction of the nearest mountain peak - as if she doesn't realize Roka can't fly or something.

It is also then that Roka begins to feel the fatigue setting in, from being up over twenty four hours now...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:57:56 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »

Roka surges to relieve his tiredness, and activates his Amaizing celerity. There's no time to waste, even if there is, kinda.

"Slow down Li Li!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2015, 06:52:48 pm »

"Buzz?" Li Li says, then flits down low enough for Roka to follow.

She makes a beeline straight up the mountain.

After five minutes of following, Roka is Fatigued again. Clearly this is not going to work. Roka can't keep pushing himself like this - especially trying to go straight up a mountain.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »

Roka stops, panting.

"Li Li stop for a second!" He shouts over to the flying bee. "Turn out I can't climb a mountain. Not right now."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »

Li Li stops, flies down and transforms into a girl again so she can ask, "What is wrong Roka?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:23 pm »

In between the panting, Roka sighs.

"I've been awake for far too long. I need to rest."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2015, 07:14:02 pm »

"Oh, the Glen is just on the other side of these mountains," Li Li says, as if going up and over a ten mile wide peak was nothing but a thing. Well, to her, that might actually be the case. But for Roka, he was looking at a twenty hour hike, given the terrain.

"Or we could go back to Akira's place if you need to sleep for a while. I can wait."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2015, 07:16:13 pm »

Roka chuckles.

"Yeah, returning to Alira's place sounds good, Li Li. May have been a bit too excited about finding out more about where we are." He says.

"Definitely going back." He says, shaking his head.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2015, 07:37:28 pm »

Heading back down the mountain face - much easier than going up - Roka returns to Akira's stone keep.

Li Li waits for Roka to climb up through the window before saying, "I'll be here in the garden when you wake up."

With that, she moves into some trees and vanishes from sight - leaving Roka by himself in the keep.

It was weird to feel so tired in what appeared to be mid day, but Roka was completely exhausted. The shutters on the windows seemed to block out most of the light when closed however, giving the illusion of night at least.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2015, 07:39:09 pm »

"Wierd place." Roka mutters, as he heads to Akira's bed. Even if the man is dead, Roka is sure he'd approve of letting him sleep there.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2015, 07:51:16 pm »

Roka finds that one of the unused cots is actually a better fit (and smell). Falling into it, Roka crashes and is fast asleep.

The next morning, Roka finds enough provisions in the kitchen to prepare breakfast and some food for his trek to the other side of the mountain. Leaving the keep, he enters the garden to see Li Li emerge from the trunk of a tree (actually stepping out from inside somehow).

"Oh, Roka," she smiles, "Are you ready?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:03 pm »

Roka smiles.

"Yeah, let's go." He says with a smile.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2015, 08:21:30 pm »

Making the trip with renewed energy, Roka followed Li Li up onto the mountain again, going as quickly as he could. Ten hours later, and he was beginning to feel the effects of fatigue starting to creep into each footstep.

"Halfway there," Li Li said, as if they had only been going a few minutes. Apparently she didn't tire like humans did.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2015, 08:27:10 pm »

Roka begins panting once again.

"We should... Take a break, I think." Roka says, as he leans against something, and sloops down to the ground.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2015, 08:51:34 pm »

"Ok," Li Li says - "Do you need to sleep again?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »

"Yeah, just for a bit, alright?" Roka says with a chuckle, closing his eyes.

"I really appreciate you leading me to the Glen, Li Li." He says before drifting to sleep

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2015, 11:15:01 am »

After a few hours rest, Roka is ready to go again.

It takes another eight hours to round the mountain, where Roka can finally see this central savanna (or Glen as the Bisan call it). Indeed, it's just like Akira described it in his journal - a grassy plateau with a large central lake surrounded by trees.

"We will be met by the Guard when we get to the bottom of the mountain," Li Li says, "Please please please, don't try to fight them like Akira and his brothers did."

"They may not allow you to enter, but we can try. I'll stay close to you so they can see that you mean us no harm."

Li Li then changes into wasp form again and keeps close to Roka.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2015, 11:24:32 am »

"Of course, Li Li. And don't fear, my words tend to allow me anywhere I wish to go, and anything I wish to have. It'll be easy to go through." Roka says with self confidence, as he heads on down to the Glen with Li Li.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:23 pm »

Moving down to the foot of the mountain on the edge of the Glen, Roka is suddenly surrounded by twenty or so giant wasps, that fly up from the trees growing on the mountain face. They buzz about - some considerably bigger than Li Li - and make a few flights straight at Roka, before veering off at the last moment.

As this goes on, Li Li keeps herself in between Roka and the other wasps for the most part.

A moment later and one of the bigger wasps lands on some rocks above Roka and transforms into a muscular young man appearing to be in his early twenties.

"Go no farther human!" the man says, "your kind are not welcome in the Sacred Glen!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:59 pm »

Roka ponders for a moment on how to proceed. Gaining entrance is key, but not being kicked out soon afterwards is also important. So, he'll stick to the usual, grovling and begging his way through life.

"Oh honorable binari!" Roka says, quickly bowing to the spirit guard. "I am Roka Takemura, emissary of the Ancestral Palace, protector of the Realms!" Roka states, bluffing a little as to his title and position.

"I beg you in the name of creation to allow me passage into your sacred glen. The situation is dire, as I require your women As the protector of the realms, I must see your elders and discuss the situation. It is imperative that you allow me in! Please, the fate of all things rests on your decision!" Roka exholts, with perfect ettiquite (AF used)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:39:14 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »

"You - Emissary of the Ancestors?" The man replies, not altogether convinced that this isn't true. "Hmm... the Glen Mother will certainly want see you, if what you say is true..."

"All right, Emissary," he then says, "you may follow us to the Glen Mother."

With that, the man transforms back into a giant wasp and zips ahead, way too fast for Roka to follow. After a few buzzes from Li Li however, he circles back and then leads at a pace more suited to Roka.

Li Li then drops to the ground and turns back into a girl to walk alongside the Samurai.

"Oh," she marvels, "I didn't know you were an Emissary of the Ancestors!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »

Roka chuckles.
"Thank the ancestors I didn't sleep with Yone and Lilitu." Roka mutters to himself, before turning to Li Li.

"Well, I am, sorta. It was more of me being at the right place at the right time, but it counts." Roka says with a smile, as the two follow the guards.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:15 am »

Roka was lead across the Glen and to the central ring of trees that surrounded the lake.

As they went, another Guard of giant wasps flew up from these trees to see what was going on. After some buzzing chatter between the one leading Roka and the rest, the wasp Guard withdrew to spread out and hover over the scene warily.

Then Roka noticed more young people stepping out of trees all around to curiously regard Roka and Li Li as they went by. The Bisan appeared to only range in ages between tweens and young adults in their early twenties. As one of the younger ones herself, Li Li seemed exceptionally proud to be bringing Roka into the Glen for some reason, and took him by the arm to walk (almost regally) alongside him.

Roka wondered if that meant anything, or if the kid was just enjoying all the attention that Roka’s presence was now bringing her.

Arriving at the edge of the lake, Roka saw a monumentally huge weeping willow on the shore – larger than anything he had ever before seen like it. It wasn’t so tall, as it was simply vast – growing out a hundred or more feet in each direction on ancient roots, with a forty foot thick trunk, and hanging over the lake itself like some impressive wind swept Bonsai tree on a gargantuan scale.

Standing on the massive roots at the base of the tree was one woman and six men. The young men appeared much like the guard who was leading Roka – physically fit and in their early twenties – while the woman looked like she could be no older than thirty.

As Roka approached, the bisan that had been leading them landed and transformed back into a man, bowing to the Glen Mother and six Elders. Li Li followed suite, as other Bisan gathered around behind them to observe the proceedings.

Other than this gigantic tree and the lake, there was nothing else notable around – until Roka’s glance chanced upon a rocky waterfall of some kind across the lake itself. What stood out about the waterfall was the preternaturally vibrant rainbow shimmer that surrounded it as it rained water down into the lake. It seemed as if it was pouring pure magical energy right into the waters.

“What would the Ancestors have us now, Emissary?” the woman on the roots asked Roka, bringing his attention back to the situation currently at hand.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:43 am »

Roka follows the Bisan's lead, and bows towards the Glen Mother and the elder Bisan, before speaking.

"Honorable Glen Mother, the ancestors have sent me (and others) on a quest to save the realms. An evil WuJen Sorcerer known as Yukinawa plans on unleashing the father of all Oni, the ancient [OOC: I forgot if we were given a name XD] as well as the Order of Shades." Roka says.

"While the ancestors didn't really send me here directly, I am certain it was part of their plan for me to inform those of this Sacred Glen of the dangers, and hopefully to gain your aid." Roka then states.

"Also, I need to find a way back to my realm. No idea how to get back."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:48:31 am by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:21 pm »

When Roka finishes speaking, a great wind whips up out of nowhere and howls through the willow branches – eliciting gasps of awe from the gathered Bisan.

When the wind calms, as abruptly as it had picked up, the Elders and Glen Mother began to discuss things between themselves in a hushed whisper, glancing over to Roka here and there, as if assessing him somehow.

When they were done, the Glen Mother turns to Roka and says – “The Prophesy speaks of a time when a Child of Massaki Dai-Oni will betray the Demon God within; entering the Heart of Creation to save the World of Man from utter destruction.”

“You do not appear to be a Child of Massaki Dai-Oni that we can tell, but you do carry his Mark – as well as the Blessing of The Ancestors. It is not a perfect fit, but these Prophesies, they can be… fickle.”

“If it is your wish, you may challenge the Guardian to enter the Heart of Creation – though we cannot tell you where it will take you if you do.”
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:08:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2015, 03:15:10 pm »

"....um, wait a second." Roka states, raising his hand.

"What prophecy? And what is this "Heart of Creation?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2015, 06:07:53 pm »

"That is pretty much the entire thing," the Glen Mother replies in regard to the Prophesy.

"It has been with us from the beginning. We interpret it to speak of a time on verge of Creation's End, where either the Prophesy will be fulfilled and Creation continues on as it is - or everything will end."

"If the latter is the case, then the Five Gods of Creation will roll up Makemono and rewrite it upon a new Scroll."

Then pointing across the lake, to the waterfall, they add - "That is the Heart of Creation."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:11:33 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2015, 06:10:47 pm »

"So, in human terms, if the prophecy isn't fulfilled, bad stuff happens. Got it." Roka says.

"Who's the guardian?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2015, 06:16:52 pm »

"It is 'Inami-No-Oni', the blood that lives in the Heart."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »

"Um... How am I supposed to kill blood?" Roka asks, confused.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2015, 06:35:30 pm »

"I'm afraid that we can't help you there," the Glen Mother replies.

"We have never been able to harm it. Fortunately, it cannot leave the Heart of Creation."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:52 pm »

"I'm afraid that we can't help you there," the Glen Mother replies.

"We have never been able to harm it. Fortunately, it cannot leave the Heart of Creation."

Roka's jaw drops.
"Okay, so what's plan b? Any other way out of this realm? Magical Kirin or something like that?" Roka asks, desperate.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2015, 06:54:16 pm »

"Kirin?" the Glen Mother asks, "No. There has only been a handful of outsiders here over the Eons. Most recently, the other men from... 'Sendai' you call it?"

"None have ever left. Though some have tried and been lost to the Darkness."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2015, 06:58:52 pm »

Roka sighs.
"So the only passage out is through a blood Oni? Not much fun, I must say." Roka mytters,

"I'll need a day to prepare and rest before, uh, hopefully somehow vanquishing the Inami-no-Oni"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2015, 07:01:41 pm »

"As Emissary of the Ancestors," the woman says, "You are welcome to stay here in the Glen with us, until you are ready."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2015, 07:04:33 pm »

Roka bows.

"I thank you, Glen mother."

"And if I may ask a question, what have your warriors tried against the blood?"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:39:36 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2015, 09:02:35 am »

"In the beginning, a great warrior tried to defeat the Guardian, but could not harm it with his stings." The Glen Mother explains.

"He did manage to slip past it into the Heart of Creation though, before it killed him, but he was never seen again."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:04:59 am by BerkaZerka »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up