Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunting Lee (Roka)  (Read 74064 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Hunting Lee (Roka)
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:46:54 am »

With everyone else gone to Kurokawa, Roka finds himself alone to deal with Lee and Yunikawa's four vampire samurai-ko...

Heading to the Temple of The Ancestors, to find the Exalted Patriarch, Roka sees that an outdoor triage unit has been set up outside, where many of Sendai’s wounded lay recovering on narrow stretchers. There are many horrifying burns, smashed limbs, and what Roka can only guess are huge bite marks – leaving grisly chunks of missing flesh on more than a few unfortunate victims.

Looking around, Roka sees the Priests and Monks of Sendai tending to the wounded.

Noticeably missing – the bones of fallen heroes and Exalted Patriarch Yasuo Sanjo...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:58:05 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting Lee (Roka)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 09:05:56 am »

Roka doesn't waste time. He needs to act quickly, take out the vampires and Lee, and then get to his allies.

"Where is the exalted Patriarch, priest?" He asks one of the priests

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:56 am »

"He is in the Chapel, Roka-san," the Priest replies.

"Right this way."

Leading Roka to the Temple's Chapel, the Priest announces Roka to the Exalted Patriarch and then leaves.

"Ah, Roka, I'm not at all surprised to see you," Exalted Patriarch Onishi says, "What can I do for you?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:24:42 am »

Roka raises an eyebrow.
"You're not?" He asks, and then shakes his head.

"Never mind that. I know where Yukinawa's servants, the korean and the vampires reside." Roka states simply.

"I will need assistance in removing them from Sendai."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 11:32:39 am »

"Are they far?" the Exalted Patriarch asks.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 11:35:39 am »

"Are they far?" the Exalted Patriarch asks.

"No. They reside in the home of Kado Hasekura, who I believe is long dead, unfortunately." Roka replies. "I have a plan to deal with the korean, but the vampires are too powerful for me take by myself. I need the aid of the Gods and the Ancestors, more then ever." 

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 12:17:23 pm »

"Ugh!" the Exalted Patriarch groans at the mention of Kado Hasekura likely being dead - "Sendai needs no more 'complications' right now."

He puts a hand to his forehead and sighs.

"Unfortunately, there is too much immediate need in Sendai for me to spare any of our Priests - we are already fractured between too many objectives - not to mention that they have already spent all of their spell energy today and will be useless in that regard until the morning."

"But, if you can wait until the morning, I suppose I could divert one Priest to you."

"Either way, you should take this information to General Meji," the Exalted Patriarch continues, "He and what is left of Sendai's Army are west of Sendai on the road to Yunikawa's Citadel. There, they stand guard against Yunikawa's return, though I hardly think Yunikawa will bother to walk, but I digress..."

"I'm sure he would be more than happy to detach a detail of him men to help you hunt down these vile traitors."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 12:19:51 pm »

"Lovely. I suppose that is what I will have to do. Would you know if the WuJens have any to spare?" Roka asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »

"I'm afraid that most of Sendai's Order of Arcanum were specifically targeted in Yunikawa's attack. Yuki and the Daimyo's own Advisor, Kenji Nogachi, are the only Wujen that Sendai has left."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »

"That is very dire news." Roka states, crestfallen. Taking on the four vampires with the whole group was a dangerous plan, taking them on without any magic users would be even worse.

"Alright, thank you for the information, Exalted Patriarch." Roka says, bowing.

Next person on the list, Ms. Shiratahara. She's probably still able to use the bow well.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59:03 pm »

Heading out of city proper, Roka makes his way to Sendai's Zen Archery School just outside the west wall.

Being outside of the fortress city, the school and its surroundings were spared the hammering that the rest of Sendai took from the sky.

Looking around, Roka finds a number of peasants with Headmistress Akiko Shirahata in a field, as they oversee the burning of a huge pile of dead goblinoids.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »

"Lady Shiratahara! What happened here?" Roka asks. Hopefully it's not the fact that she blew all of her powers on these goblins

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:55 pm »

"Oh Roka!" Lady Shirahata says, seeing the Samurai.

"Did you make it to the Ancestors? Did you return Kioko? Where's Yuki and Miya? Are they all right? I suppose you heard about Yunikawa?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 01:15:00 pm »

"Did Yuki not visit?" He asks, almost beginning a conversation, but quickly shakes his head.
"Never mind that. It's not the time for conversation, unfortunately. I need to speak to you privately." Roka states

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 01:16:46 pm »

"So, by that I can take it Yuki is fine and well?" Yuki's mom huffs.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »

Roka sighs.
"Right. I'm sorry Lady Shirtahara, I'm just in a rush. Yuki and Miya are fine, and your daughter has been given a heavenly mission, and Kioko has been returned to her time. Apparently she was sent by the Ancestors to help us. I don't understand it myself." Roka states.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:32 pm »

"Thank you for that," Yuki's mother replies in a distinctly 'mom' sort of way.

Then turning to the peasants, she instructs "continue with the clean up and alert me immediately, if any of the blood begins to 'stray' from the pyre."

Then back to Roka she motions for him to follow her into the privacy of the family home.

Watching Yuki's mother from behind, as she leads the way (with her cute bushy little foxtail gently swayin side to side as she walked) suddenly triggers rather awkward thoughts in Roka ...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 01:58:47 pm »

Noooooope Roka's mind states, flooding Roka's mind with images of women who are not almost double his age and the mother of his team's wujen. Noooooooope

Killing his very awkward thought, Roka follows the acher into her home, until they arrive in private location.

"Alright, this will be fine, Ms. Shiratahara." Roka states.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 02:06:19 pm »

"Ok then, what is it you need to tell me?" she replies, taking a seat while a servant hurries to bring tea. "Oh, one moment please..."

Lady Shirihata waits for the tea to be brought, and then dismisses the servant, so Roka and her could have privacy - apparently unaware of any sort of 'sexual tension' between the two of them.

Now that Roka gives it a bit of thought (while waiting for the servant to leave), he becomes aware that the thoughts he just experienced seemed to come from outside - almost like someone may have been trying to mind control him or something. After all, when it came to being mind controlled by evil fiends, well... Roka was unfortunately an expert.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 02:16:39 pm »

Roka seems confused. You'd think that the mirror would protect me from that... Hmm He thinks to himself, but then nods, as he looks around.

"I need your assistance, Lady Shiratahara... Someone just now attempted to mind control me. We aren't safe. Please, grab your bow and Lopan." Roka states, standing up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:18:13 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »

Lady Shirahata does so, asking only "Who do you think it is?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 02:26:28 pm »

Looking at her Lopan, she then adds - "We're not in immediate danger at the moment..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 02:30:05 pm »

Lady Shirahata does so, asking only "Who do you think it is?"
"Vampires. The servants of Yukinawa." Roka says simply.
Looking at her Lopan, she then adds - "We're not in immediate danger at the moment..."

"That's good to hear, Ms. Shiratahara. I need you to gather your best students, and head to the Magistrate's building, please." Roka states. "Oh, and could you gift me some luck? I fear that this won't be the last time someone tries to manipulate my mind, this day."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 02:53:10 pm »

Lady Shirihata gives it some thought, then looks at her Lopan.

"Your old friend Jenna, is east of us moving north. The Korean Lee is east of us on a line bisecting Sendai. Incidentally, the new Chief Magistrate Yama-Uno has his house on that line."

"As for bringing my best students against vampires, I think only one is ready for something like that; and I won't sacrifice the rest without more direct knowledge of what is going on."

"You have said that Yuki is away on a Mission of the Ancestors. That is well, so I presume then, that this is something you want to take care of personally?"

As she is talking, Lady Shirahata takes two silver charms out of a lacquer box.

"Here, I suppose now is a good time to use them, they are luck charms."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 02:57:06 pm »

"Yes, thank you so much, Mrs. Shiratahara." Roka states, taking the charms. "I will be eternally grateful."

"As for what is occuring, I have reason to believe that Kado Hasekura is dead, and that the Korean Lee is acting as him, with the vampires acting as his muscle. Which makes me worried. Instead of gathering your student, I fear we must rush after Lee." Roka says.

"The Magistrate may be in danger."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 02:59:51 pm »

"Let us go into the city and see, but I strongly recommend restraint and caution," Lady Shirahata replies.

"If they are after you specifically, then, you would be going right into their trap."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

"Let us go into the city and see, but I strongly recommend restraint and caution," Lady Shirahata replies.

"If they are after you specifically, then, you would be going right into their trap."

"Yes, that is true." Roka states, nodding. "Rushing this would be the worst option. The bastard was a cowardly trapper, we must be careful. We should first gather men. His only play involves trapping me. He won't do anything until the plan will work."

"Do you have horses here?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »

"Of course, lead the way." Lady Shirahahta says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:48 pm »

Roka nods, and heads off to the stables, watching his mind carefully, to see if anyone tries anything funny.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »

Riding west into the foothills with Yuki's Mother (Lady Shirahata), Roka finds the remnants of Sendai’s Army, camped out on the road that leads to Yunikawa's Mountain Citadel. Incidentally, at about the same location where Roka and Yuki had been forced to go after the Priest Kirito when he absconded with the Naga Book of Secrets.

About three hundred battle weary men are currently bivouacked here, all showing the signs of recent conflict with the demons that harried Sendai.

Looking further west up into the mountains, Roka and Lady Shirahata can see a shimmering blue glow dancing across the jagged peaks.

“Roka-san! Lady Shirihata!” a familiar voice calls – it’s General Meji, the one that beat Jei Hu in the Daimyo's Patriot's Day Grand Tournament (twelve years ago).

It hasn’t really been that long has it?

Damn… that was the 15th Day of Mid Summer 1297 – today is the 11th Day of Mid Summer 1303 – Patriot’s Day is only four days away – but no one in Sendai will be celebrating it this year…

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:41 pm »

"General! It is good to see you!" Roka shouts to the aged warrior. Hopefully age has not dulled his skill.

As they approach, Roka also turns to the archeress.
"Lady Shirihata, could you check for jenna and Lee's locations?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »

Consulting her Lopan, Lady Shirahata confirms it - "still in Sendai" she says - "both along the same line now (likely together)."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »

"Damn." Roka mutters. "Hopefully when we return to Sendai, they will be separate."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 07:01:06 pm »

Lady Shirahata nods.

"You missed a hell of a fight Roka," the General says meanwhile, "we chased many of the Oni from Sendai into the mountains - only to run into an army of Bakemono and O-Bakemono up here."

"We thought we were done for at that point, but we laid into them anyway - and by the Ancestors, they didn't stay to fight, but fled further up the mountain and through a magical wall of light surrounding Yunikawa's mountain."

"We're staying here, just in case they decide to come back out."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 07:09:47 pm »

"I am sorry I missed it, General. It pains me that I was away from Sendai in the time of its greatest need. I thank you for your bravery, General." Roka states.

"Right now, however, there is another emergency. We found Yukinawa's servants in Sendai. I need assistance in dealing with them. I fear they are planning to do something horrible, and we must stop them."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:02 am »

"The traitors are in Sendai?!?" General Meji spits.

"I'll go with you myself to see that they are properly taken care of!"

"How many of them are there? We'll take as many men as needed."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »

Roka nods.
"Five of them, General. A Korean Rogue masquerading as Hasekura and four vampiric samurai-Ko." Roka says.

"I know that they are very powerful and dangerous, and skilled in the art of mind control. I fear the worst."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 03:02:59 pm »

"Right," General Meji replies, "We'll take my personal retinue (twelve experience men)."

Circling his arm near his head, the General is immediately surrounded by his aforementioned retinue - all on horseback, clad in great armor, with bows and swords at the ready. One of them even thought to bring the general's horse.

Climbing his steed, the General asks, "Which Hasekura exactly? The Daimyo?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »

"No, ancestors forbid. The bastard is masquerading as Kado." Roka states, awed by the fearsome retinue. There is no way they can fail now.

"Now, Lady Shiritahara, where are the traitors?" Roka asks the Feng Shui archeress
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 03:10:57 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »

"Still in Sendai, she answers, "Same as before - not moving. Perhaps, waiting..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »

"If they are waiting, then we are in good shape. I could grab my students and get a priest to help. Even if they don't have any juice, I'm sure the general and I could encourage them, right, sir?" Roka says with a grin to the two.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 06:54:09 pm »

"Let's go," General Meji says, riding back down the mountain path toward Sendai with his men.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2015, 06:37:14 pm »

Roka nods.
"Yes. But I need to gather more allies. These beings are more then dangerous, and even with your warriors we may be in trouble." Roka states.

"Lady Shirtahara, are there any of your students that we can borrow? They don't need to be in combat, I simply need their formidable feng shui prowess."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »

"We can bring one, sure," Lady Shirahata replies.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 08:42:59 am »

Taking the time to enlist Lady Shirahata’s top student and two of Roka’s devoted followers who happened to be in the right place at the right time, Roka and the General took their men down into Sendai.

The sun was just starting to set in the west, revealing an eerie blue glow, shimmering over the mountaintops in the region where Yunikawa’s Citadel would be. It was almost as if the ancient Wujen was silently mocking Roka. And this Lee – he has mocking Roka too – like an extension of Yunikawa’s betrayal.

Roka should have finished Lee when he had the chance! He knew this foreigner was untrustworthy and would be trouble later.

Arriving in the city, Lady Shirahata, consulted her lopan, which lead the company of Samurai to the home of the new Chief Magistrate – Hai Yama-Uno.

“Lee and Jenna are inside,” Lady Shirahata says – “and ready for us, I think.”

"Hell's Gate!" General Meji spits, leaping off his horse and directing his men to encircle the home.

"So help me, if that foreign bastard has done anything to the Chief Magistrate!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 10:13:19 am »

"Be careful, General. The Korean is a crafty bastard. He may imitate the magistrate or even me. We must be prepared for the worst and tons of poison." Roka states, getting off of his horse.

"Students, follow me carefully. This is an incredibley dangerous fight. Ms. Shirtahara, and her student, please follow the plan, make sure the vampires can not realize my ruse."

And with that, te group enter carefully, the archers and the minions behind, and the general and Roka in the front. Once entering, his Deciples will shout encouraging words to grant him tons of surge points, (6), which he will use to absorb the poison that is likely inside.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:40:34 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 01:28:11 pm »

Going inside, everyone sees the Chief Magistrate Yama Uno talking to one of his Army Lieutenant body guards. No one else seems to be about.

The two stop talking and turn to the Roka's group.

"What is the meaning of this?" the Chief Magistrate asks angrily, drawing his weapons, seeing his home violated by unannounced (and armed) intruders.

The Lieutenant meanwhile just gives a confused look, but still draws his own swords as well - to protect the Chief Magistrate (even if it means fighting his superior, General Meji, to do so).

"The lines point to them!" Lady Shirahata says from behind Roka, while General Meji halts abruptly in his tracks and looks like he may be reconsidering the wisdom of following Roka into what now looks like a horrible loss of face...

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 01:34:44 pm »

"There is still danger here!" Lady Shirahata adds, ignoring the Chief Magistrate's protests for now.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2015, 01:45:21 pm »

"I profess my deepest apologize, my lord, but there is danger here, and as a Yoriki of Sendai, your safety matter more then protocol." Roka says, bowing,

"Jenna the Vampire! Reveal yourself for now is your moment! Betray Yukinawa and prove your love for me!" Roka shouts out, looking around, hoping the feng shui users can use their powers to make sure it works.

"And you! Korean Rogue! Reveal yourself and profess the truth that you are slime! You know it to be true!" Roka then adds, with another fabulous lie.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2015, 02:51:12 pm »

As Roka speaks, two arrows suddenly shoot out of nowhere (from behind maybe?) and strike delicate porcelain vases in the entryway, behind where everyone is standing.

A yellowish gas begins to hiss forth, blocking the way out!

Lady Shirihata meanwhile, still consulting her lopan, yells - "It's the Chief Magistrate! He's being mind controlled!"

As Lady Shirahata says this, the Chief Magistrate and Lieutenant lunge forward to attack Roka and General Meji with their swords!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up