Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 300712 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #1000 on: April 12, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »

"Unfortunately, it is the only way to be certain." Anton states.

"I trust, however, that it will not come to that."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 12, 2015, 04:36:26 pm »

"You're placing an awfull lot of trust in me and Ennius. T'is not every day you get a chance to dominate every member of a coterie." Lucien says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 12, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »

"Every ghoul. One a word. And if no ghouls are found guilty, Sylvian will work his art."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 12, 2015, 04:47:47 pm »

"Wait a minute," Kiril objects. "Why are you so quick to assume Ennius will be the one to conduct the interrogation? If you are all determined to go through with this, Carinus is just as capable."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 12, 2015, 05:48:24 pm »

"HA!" Steeple laughs aloud. "As if anyone would be foolish enough to let that butcher into their head!"

"No offense of course," he then smiles.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:50:12 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 12, 2015, 05:49:48 pm »

"Oh wait..."

"Or did you mean physical persuation?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 12, 2015, 06:04:30 pm »

"Ennius, dominate me. Force me to say if i stole it." Lucien ordered calmly while staring directly into his eyes.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:10 pm »

"And they say I'm mad..." Steeple sighs, face-palming at Lucien's theatrics.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 12, 2015, 06:32:18 pm »

"You really are an idiot," says Kiril. "Or doing an excellent job of pretending.

First of all, we all know ghouls cannot dominate kindred- the suggestion proposed was for one ghoul to dominate the others, not us. Secondly, even if it could be done, why on earth would we believe your own servant was forcing you to do anything?

I still say we're wasting our time looking for the thief.  I certainly won't allow any of you or your servants to do anything to my retainers."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 12, 2015, 06:36:56 pm »

"And you shouldn't," Steeple says, "But what is wrong with allowing a harmless and temporary compulsion of a servant to ascertain the truth of his testimony?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 12, 2015, 06:40:37 pm »

"Ennius, dominate me. Force me to say if i stole it." Lucien ordered calmly while staring directly into his eyes.
"Not now." Anton states. "We will see who the culprit is in an hour, or we will find our gold hidden here."
"You really are an idiot," says Kiril. "Or doing an excellent job of pretending.

First of all, we all know ghouls cannot dominate kindred- the suggestion proposed was for one ghoul to dominate the others, not us. Secondly, even if it could be done, why on earth would we believe your own servant was forcing you to do anything?

I still say we're wasting our time looking for the thief.  I certainly won't allow any of you or your servants to do anything to my retainers."
"Kiril, brother, you will be there to watch. If you feel strongly about this, you may either immobolize the dominator with our darkness, or we will have to dominate you in their stead."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »

"No, we won't," Steeple says to Anton. "Unless you have the permission of him or his Sire, you will not do this. You overstep your dominion if you try."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:45:09 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 12, 2015, 08:36:51 pm »

Anton shrugs,
"Then we shall have Sylvian use his art on Kiril, after all the servants are dominated. Is that proper?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 12, 2015, 09:53:06 pm »

Heldric sighs audibly "And thus with a simple gesture the empire turned upon itself and fell to ruin." He intones as if quoting some ancient tomb of knowledge using his enchanting voice to ensure they all get the point he is making before returning to his normal voice "Ascertaining that each servant knows nothing is acceptable but I will not be dominated by another kindred, the use of other methods to tell the truth of the matter is more acceptable. If however I see this opportunity being misused or even suspect that is so, Andreas an I will be forced to act in a less agreeable manner."

He then retreats into a shadowed area to sit and streach out his overly long fingers.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 13, 2015, 05:39:54 am »

"Wow..." Steeple remarks at Heldric's impressive tone.

"As I said before," he then continues, in regard to Anton's question, "and what Heldric eludes to with that impressive stage voice of his - is that it's not worth in-fighting and raping each other's will over. Let's enquire of the servants and leave the mater at that for good or ill."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:49:47 am by BerkaZerka »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:16 am »

Anton shrugs,
"Then we shall have Sylvian use his art on Kiril, after all the servants are dominated. Is that proper?"

"Brother, I must be misunderstanding. You can't possibly have just suggested that: after Lucien's servant dominates all the other ghouls, I allow sylvan to manipulate me with presence. While the rest of the coterie stands around and watches."

To Heldric and Steeple, he replies. "I will not allow my retainers to be abused by another kindred, or his servant."

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 13, 2015, 07:23:04 am »

Breaking his own silence, "Well, unless anyone sees another way of guaranteeing that no one here is a traitor, there is no other option!"

Daniel shudders for a moment. "The thought of it sickens be already but, frankly, if we allow a turncoat to frolic in our midst we'll receive a much worse punishment for failure from our sires than anything a Dominate of our own ability can do to us."

"I say, we let the guy check us. After all, it shouldn't be a problem if you have nothing to hide."
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 13, 2015, 07:30:03 am »

Kiril looks at Daniel.  "What the hell are you talking about 'punishment for failure?!'
Did you forget, we never told our sires about the translation tablet."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 13, 2015, 07:33:54 am »

Steeple nods to Kiril, "While I believe it may foster undue suspicion on your part (should the others prove innocent of foul play), I fully support your decision to protect your retainers from the most unconscionable of molestation."

"My retainers however, I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

"BRING IN THE DAYWALKERS!" Steeple then screams loudly.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 13, 2015, 09:14:58 am »

"Lets go with the flow. We are all innocent until proven guilty. While i may not agree to having our servants forcefully interrogated we must still find it. The thing is worth fortune." Lucien said loudly and charismaticly to everyone. "If we are all as innocent as we claim there shouldent be a problem, right?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:58 am »

Anton nods.
"As I suggested it, of course I will act upon it." Anton states.

"We shall give the thief an hour, and then it will be over."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:23 pm »

Heldric casts vanish from the minds eye incase anyone is even still looking at him and stays unmoving in a shadowed corner. He has no desire to be further involved in the discussion and will observe the others reactions for now.

"Each to their own viewpoint and argument while ignoring the fact that those older than ourselves could easily have taken it simply to set us against eachother." He thinks while he watches

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:27 pm »

The cotterie finds nothing.

Each of the servants so brought forward is innocent of any wrongdoing.

The only ones who have not been examined are Kiril's, and Kiril himself. Carinus steps up to Kiril and whispers into his ear (whispers, that means you guys can't hear it, so don't respond to it like the last private conversation they had ;) )

"Kiril, i'm more than willing to go up there and tell the fools what they wish to hear if it will end this."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2015, 04:11:46 pm »

"No.  It will not end this, because the culprit will not be uncovered. 
They will be forced to conclude that either one of the servants had sufficient willpower to lie, or that one of the kindred is responsible, and the debate will begin anew.

I will not allow Sherazhina to be subjected to that debasement; I will never allow my servants to be treated so disrespectfully."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2015, 04:14:44 pm »

"You may protect Sherazhina, but Kiril, my friend."

Carinus places delicate emphasis on the word friend here, Kiril may get the impression the killer feels insulted - perhaps his implication that Carinus was a mere servant?

"I need no such aid."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 13, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »

"Your brother is acting weird." Lucien says to Anton.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 13, 2015, 04:30:08 pm »

"Of course not, Carinus." Kiril seems genuinely dismayed by the notion. "I did not mean to imply that you did.

Only that, were you to acquiesce, they would insist upon Sherazhina also undergoing their test, and I would no longer be able to resist on principle.

To them, it would appear as though I were suspiciously protecting her specifically."

He leans closer, lowering his voice even further.  "Do you perhaps have some reason for wishing to undergo their scrutiny?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2015, 04:30:35 pm »

"It matters not. The thief is still not revealed, which is unfortunate. We will have to remain vigilant, but as Steeple has stated, we should not debase ourselves in search for the key."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 13, 2015, 05:14:36 pm »

Steeple shrugs.

"Like I said - it doesn't really matter. We have what we need and this shouldn't drive us apart. We still win."

With that, Steeple thanks Nadia for cooperating with the others and heads outside to see how his village "(STEEPLETON!!! LUCIEN YOU BASTARD!)" is coming along.

'Hmm...' he thinks to himself idly as he wanders - 'I wonder if the Count would like to see the fight between Barabus and the war-beast?'

"You don't think he is too cultured for that do you?" Steeple asks Prince Maurice, taking the stone from his pocket and holding it up to the night sky.

"I mean, it could be fitting entertainment, but then I wouldn't want to offend his sensibilities."

"Oh, but what if our Sires are coming with him... Ooh, that could be bad... Maybe we should hold the fight before then. What do you think?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 13, 2015, 09:06:52 pm »

Kiril looks at Daniel.  "What the hell are you talking about 'punishment for failure?!'
Did you forget, we never told our sires about the translation tablet."

After getting checked, he happily tells Kiril with an irritating smile, "Regardless of the tablet, a rat's a rat. If you don't stomp it while you can, it'll mess around until it ruins something really important. Don't need common sense (Or the merit!  ;D) to understand that."

Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 13, 2015, 09:39:57 pm »

"Of course not, Carinus." Kiril seems genuinely dismayed by the notion. "I did not mean to imply that you did.

Only that, were you to acquiesce, they would insist upon Sherazhina also undergoing their test, and I would no longer be able to resist on principle.

To them, it would appear as though I were suspiciously protecting her specifically."

He leans closer, lowering his voice even further.  "Do you perhaps have some reason for wishing to undergo their scrutiny?"

"I suppose not." Carinus replies,

"Though I should have liked to test my will against the knight's."

Steeple shrugs.

"Like I said - it doesn't really matter. We have what we need and this shouldn't drive us apart. We still win."

With that, Steeple thanks Nadia for cooperating with the others and heads outside to see how his village "(STEEPLETON!!! LUCIEN YOU BASTARD!)" is coming along.

'Hmm...' he thinks to himself idly as he wanders - 'I wonder if the Count would like to see the fight between Barabus and the war-beast?'

"You don't think he is too cultured for that do you?" Steeple asks Prince Maurice, taking the stone from his pocket and holding it up to the night sky.

"I mean, it could be fitting entertainment, but then I wouldn't want to offend his sensibilities."

"Oh, but what if our Sires are coming with him... Ooh, that could be bad... Maybe we should hold the fight before then. What do you think?"

"The count? Oh, he would love it. You remember what the girl whose hair we shall drown in hedgehogs said, right? Vicious monsters with an excellent facade of humanity, he'd love the blood sports. Most elders would, I think. Some of them remember the gladiator fights in Rome, they feel nostalgic.

Vladivostok would have a grand old time, I should think. As long as you behave yourself well." Prince Maurice wisely counsels.

When Steeple is out of earshot of the others, Prince Maurice then gleefully says - "You cad you, you got away with it! Haha!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 14, 2015, 05:31:36 am »

"SHHH! Not so loud," Steeple replies with a start, looking around to see who might have heard.

"Ehehehehe..." he then grins.

"So, yeah, a grand battle for the sires it will be! We must prepare a proper venue. Perhaps in the stone quarry ..."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:41:31 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

After further questioning the cotterie is still unable to find out who stole the translation key, tensions run high among the members of the little group as suspicion amongst each other constantly grows.

On the bright side, construction has been completed and is even ahead of schedule - Indeed by the time their letter had reached their patrons, Sylvian was already at work on the second floor.

---

28th of October, 1198, 8:12pm
Birkau Castle
Tihuta Pass

Steeple had planned for a glorious revelry in which the workers and their families would join them in celebration to coincide with the coming of the Patrons, to better give them the fanfare he knew they would appreciate.

A small field had been cleared by the workers, where Barabus and Daniel's war beast have been chained for the arrival of the various elders. Drinks and blood had been prepared and the various people who had worked been brought onto the project, tired and content in their success thus far were all more than happy to take part in the celebrations (perhaps naively celebrating the impending departure of their undead masters?).

Celebrations had been going on for hours, blood, food and drink being plentiful.

By the time the crescendo of bells climbing the mountain was heard, the party was well into its ninth hour with little sign of letting up.

There were seven wagons in a train. Each was magnificently appointed.  Radu's servant Tiberiu stepped forth and began to announce them as they stepped from their wagons.

“Lady Arianne, of the Courts of Love!” Sylvian's eyes gaze lovingly on his sire as she steps delicately from her caravan, mortal servants accompanying her.

“Lord Sandor, Vovoide of Arad!” The Koldun exits his carriage unaided, briefly patting the massive war beasts he passed off as horses on their backs before searching the crowd for his childe.

"Lord Vladivostok, Merchant King of Hungaria!" The grim malkavian's appearance goes apparently mostly unnoticed - those who look upon him quickly look away - though whether because they had their gaze forcefully pushed away or because of fear at the sight of the most intimidating monster is a good question indeed.

“Lord Arnulf, King of the Wild Realms!” Arnulf looks approvingly at the revelry, the bestial ancient seems all too eager to join it.

“Lord Maleki, the Chosen of Michael” The hard-faced Nosferatu hides his deformities from the mortal crowd, but his gaze still bears the terrifying force of presence that it held in his natural form.

“Lord Basilio, the Elder, Prince of Sofia” the dark prince is not alone when he steps out, he is accompanied by a figure that Anton and Kiril know very well - Husayn Al-Fatim. Dark as a moonless night, the elder Assamite stands out against the other elders in the crowd. He has brown eyes and a curiously effeminate face. He looks more like a romantic lover than a killer. He wears dark, jewel-toned colors and dresses in the Turkish fashion. He wears his one weapon, a curved dagger, thrust through his sash. With a slight smile and eyes bearing lively intelligence, he turns his gaze from his friend and companion and looks with an approval similar to Arnulf's at the celebrations going on.

“Count Radu Bistri of the Council of Ash, Prince of Bistritz!”

The Count exited his wagon with no particular fanfare or pomp, but as he looked on the revelries an almost tangible wave of power radiated outwards from him.

Every mortal present could not help but bow before the master of this domain. Even among the cotterie, Anton, Steeple and Kiril alone are unaffected by the desire - Kiril can see that Carinus is in the same situation as him, but chooses to bow anyway. It might be wise to do the same.

When he stood before them be began to speak, as much to the mortals as to the cotterie.

“I am Radu. It was I who sent you on this quest to build for us a tower that I and the Princes of Transylvania would use as a shield against our enemies in the West. Each of you was chosen for your outstanding service to your masters, whom wish to call me friend. I was told to expect great things. I was told that in your hands all things were possible. Your sires were not wrong. I am honoured by your dedication! This tower, when finished, shall stand for all time, to show the might and beauty of this land, and you who have honoured me with your great works shall be rewarded in kind.”

The crushing force that pressed on the crowd is lifted. Radu's (rather uncharacteristic) display of strength is ended and the revelries resume.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:12:36 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 14, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »

Lucien will wastes no time in going to his sire. "Welcome my Lord Sandor." He said with a happy smile and a slight bow to recognize his authority.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 14, 2015, 08:19:10 pm »

Anton bows towards the count, confident with the knowledge that the man was unable to take hold of him with his art.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: April 14, 2015, 08:49:35 pm »

Kiril, of course, bowed willingly to the count.

As the festivities resume, he heads toward Basilio.  Decorum dictates he maintain a certain amount of dignity, but any who know the nobleman would observe a barely-suppressed sense of joy at being reunited with his sire.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 14, 2015, 09:22:15 pm »

Heldric is unable to prevent himself bowing but also had every intent to bow regardless, bowing to a person like Radu's upon their arrival is the best way to ensure short term survival in his presence.

Once the festivities begin again he immediatly heads to his Sire to quietly report the events which have transpired thus far, especially those of the wolf girl, the coitery making a dangerous deal in his absence and the missing key.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 15, 2015, 06:56:38 am »

Of course Steeple bows with the rest in his flourishing manner. Then, once revelries resume, he scans the caravan for his own Sire.

"Maybe he's too busy to attend," Steeple hopes aloud to Prince Maurice.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 15, 2015, 07:15:10 am »

After bowing respectfully to Prince Radu's Presence, Daniel listens to his speech keenly and then goes to address his sire.

"Thank you for your warnings; hopefully, this and more will repay the favor." He says with a smile.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 15, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »

As the Cainites join their sires (and the Count), they find their attention quickly redirected as a servant comes forth with a plain wooden chalice - Lucien recognizes it as the chalice used on Kupala's night, when the Tzimisce would enact rituals to combat the evil spirits plaguing their lands, an item of great import indeed. Radu extends his right hand outward and his skin splits, a good amount of blood drips from his flesh into the cup before his flesh reknits.

“With our blood, we do consecrate this union of our Courts, as your patrons have wished. Each who has shown such honor shall be honored and rewarded.” – Radu.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 15, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

Lucien shrugged and took a gulp from the chalice. "Thank you, My lord Radu." He said with confidence, even though he did not really want to drink Radus blood.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:07:25 pm by Daedalus »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 15, 2015, 04:49:03 pm »

Steeple raises an eyebrow at Lucian's shrug.

'What sort of way is that to receive such an honor? With a shrug?!?' he thinks to himself, 'Some people have zero or less class.'

"A most gracious honor!" Steeple then bows to the Count, before taking a polite sip and bowing back once more to allow the others access.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:15:34 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:21 pm »

Knowing it would be impolite to act Heldric steps forward and bows before taking the chalice and pouring a mouthful of blood into his mouth without touching the chalice itself to prevent infection passing too easily. He then hands it back.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 16, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »

If that's what Basilio wants, Kiril will comply.
(Personally, he thinks it would have been polite of Heldric to have waited & gone last. At least he made an effort to avoid contaminating the cup.)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 16, 2015, 01:59:36 pm »

Anton nods, and follows the group, first bowing, and then drinking of the blood. He does wonder why Radu used such a simple chalice, however. He will have to ask about it to a tzimisce later.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

OOC: Sorry for late post guys, Late Wake up and Evil Teacher (*cough* Bambic *cough*) equals packed day.

BIC: Daniel looks at everyone drinking from the goblet and realizes that he just stared into space, having forgotten that he had to drink too. He quickly goes to the cup, takes the routine bow as a show of respect and takes a quick sip, a bit worried about what this new blood in his system might do to him in the future.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 16, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »

Radu held the cup before each of the cainites, and each drinks, visions of power, prestige, and freedom dancing in their eyes.

“Now go to your patrons and sires, for they have with them the keys to your kingdoms.”

The coterie turned and met with their masters, in tents and in wagons.

---

Sylvian speaks privately with Arianne, the two walk away shortly

---

Malachite takes note of the information Heldric gives him.

"Yes, Marelle was Radu's wayward childe. It seems that you now owe a boon - regrettable, the bonds of prestation are rather stifling ones, but they keep our society held together. Pay it back as soon as you can, you don't want something like Vykos holding that over you. Never ignore a boon request either, doing so invites not only the wrath of Vykos but open disgust and loss of status."

In a lower tone, Maleki continues:

"A right bastard that one is. Nothing like his sire, or his sire before him, it's hard to believe that the Dracon's blood would lead to such impurities. But enough of him."

The elder Nosferatu had led Heldric away from the festivities and into the woods as they spoke. He dropped his disguise now, and his deformed visage is now plainly visible.

He smiles.

"You have come far since the last time I visited you, Heldric."

---

Vladivostok waits imperiously for Steeple to approach.

"I see you have succeeded." - Vladivostok states plainly. If Steeple didn't know any better, he'd think there was a note of surprise in the malkavian's voice - but no, what could surprise the madman?

"You are not as great a failure as I imagined. Perhaps you will amount to something after all."

---

Lucien sits across from Sandor inside the same tent where he met Vykos, Ennius provides the two with blood.

Sandor begins speaking after talking a cursory sip. Lucien notes that the vovoide looks tense.

“So, Lucien, you’ve succeeded in your task.” – Sandor

---

Arnulf embraces his childe vigorously and informally.

"A good welcome indeed! I see you've done well in building your castle, I am happy to see it."

---

Basilio greets both of his childer warmly. They all go into his wagon, a rather large and lavish affair with room for the four to sit. A satisfied smile plays across his lips as he speaks.

“I am so proud of you, my children. What you have done here proves to me that I made the right choice in bringing you under the shadow. To have agents within the Tzimisce courts is more than I could have ever hoped for."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:17 pm »

Heldric happily bows his head to his sire in thanks for the compliment, his sire was definitely someone who you didn't want to anger or dissapointing. Andrea's came to mind whenever he thought of failing.

"Unfortunately I was not present for the making of the deal but I shall endeavour to have the debt repaid will all haste, it is not somthing of my making but I shall see it through so it does not hang over me." He looks around briefly. "I believe I have grown since I left on this task but there is still much to do, what is your next task Sire?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2015, 11:29:47 pm »

"Next task? Rule your city, shepherd your people, build the Dream. Prepare for the coming nights, for they will not be kind to us."

He goes quiet for a second.

“You seem much changed, Heldric. In truth there were murmurs within the court that this was too much of an obstacle for you, that perhaps you were not strong enough for the rigors it brings. I'm happy to see they were wrong about you.”

The rock of Constantinople looks at his childe with pride as he speaks, he is clearly very happy at Heldric's success.

"But enough of that. In a moment I will grant you your city, but first..."

He bites into his own wrist, and blood begins to drip down his arm.

"You must re-affirm your loyalty to Constantinople, to myself, the Triat of our empire, to Michael and above all the Dream. That I may know I can trust you with the future of our kind."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:57 am »

Basilio greets both of his childer warmly. They all go into his wagon, a rather large and lavish affair with room for the four to sit. A satisfied smile plays across his lips as he speaks.

“I am so proud of you, my children. What you have done here proves to me that I made the right choice in bringing you under the shadow. To have agents within the Tzimisce courts is more than I could have ever hoped for."

Anton nods.
"I am thankful for the opportunity, my lord. With more influence I am certain we will be able to spread Christ's Light throughout these pagan lands."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up