Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 297073 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« on: January 21, 2015, 09:37:35 pm »

Act One: The Summoning Spring

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. —Revelations 1:3
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:07:23 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 05:57:18 pm »

The Year is 1198, and though no one knows it, the Long Night is coming to a close. Cainites everywhere are finding that the peasant’s superstitious fears of their ‘lords’ is beginning to fade.

Across Europe the Methuselahs rise, reshaping the political landscape of the night. In Bavaria High Lord Hardestadt draws vassal states into an army of the damned, In Paris the Matriarch, Salianna, Childe of Michael, has begun to spin her web amongst the Queens of France, creating a grand court with which to insulate herself. In London, Mithras calls out to the followers of his old cults and begins making bargains with the Barons of England. The Iberian Peninsula is home to Lord Montano, master of the Sea of Shadows, wrapping his tendrils around the heart of the Mediterranean. While in Eastern Europe the Voivodate of the Tzimisce have acknowledged one of their own as the Voivode amongst Voivodes, Vladimir Rustovitch now acts as a high general of their armies. One of these Courts, a compact of eastern princes acting as a bulwark against the Tzimisce that called itself The Council of Ash, under the Lady Nova Arpad, has already begun to crumble; the Princes of the Siebenburgen turning on one another due to the machinations of one of their own, of the original seven, only four remain.

Even as the eldest among the Cainites stir, the youngest become restless. Furores roam the night, preaching their gospel of rebellion while heretics amongst the Cainite Heresy Blaspheme against the Lord. Elders whisper fearfully that the childer must be watched just as those same childer worry at their master’s unholy thirst; all while the Omen War rages across Transylvania, as the ancient Fiends battle against the Usurpers who presume to call themselves a Clan of Caine.

It is here that our story begins. Radu of Bistritz, a Prince of Transylvania, Childe of Vysia, brings together a Conspiracy of emissaries, hoping to consolidate his hold over his territory and hold off the Eastern Lords.

Only time will tell if they succeed…

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:26 pm »

Anton Petrov Veranin, Ashen Knight of Sofia
The Domain of Basilio the Elder,
Prince of Sofia

Anton's eyes are closed. He sees darkness. Endless, deadening darkness that extends as far as can be seen. He can see nothing, feel nothing, hear nothing - not even the sound of his heart, which had stopped beating long ago. He feels cold - even now, when the intricacies of warmth and cold mean nothing to him. He's felt cold ever since he came back from the Abyss - it's nice, he thinks sometimes, that he is so cold. Warmth is comforting, and he has no right to such pleasures. Not anymore.

His eyes still closed, Anton feels darkness filling him, merging with him. He feels his soul turn a dark shade of black, tainted as what he imagines a demon's soul would look like.

Anton opens his eyes. They are black as the darkest night.

The adulterer lies in front of him, bruised and battered. She had screamed so loudly, confessed so surely, promised so much - but her penance was not done. Not yet. Only through great pain may one repent.

Then he hears the knocking. Someone upstairs? Who could be visiting him now, at this time of night?

Steeple Carson Olaf Trevesky The Fourth, Cash Cow
Domain of Rudolf Brangl,
Prince of Prague

Steeple sits attentively, staring at a rock on the table before him. The rock is decent-sized - about the size of one's hand, and is quite smooth; round but with a slightly flat bottom so that it always rests on one side. It is also a light shade of grey, but more importantly, it is incredibly intelligent. Indeed, Steeple is sitting attentively as he listens to the rock - Prince Maurice - 's stunning business acumen at work, as he discusses the current economic situation in Transylvannia and the way current vampiric influences might affect it. He councils investing in salt mining particularly.

Prince Maurice goes on to say  - "You may feed now."

Steeple, finally allowed to stop listening to the Prince's boring speech about salt vampires or whatever, has his maid Nadia (who had been sitting there for the past half hour, listening to the one-sided conversation) lay her neck bare. He reaches over with his one arm and grabs her by the back of her neck, bringing his fangs to her throat. She groans ecstatically as the sweet sensation of the Kiss washes over her. Licking the wound closed, Steeple lies back contentedly into his comfortable, velvet couch/throne in his silken robes - only to to treated to extremely loud knocking. Angrily loud, one could say.

Lucien Lupei, Fleshcrafter
Domain of Sandor,
Vovoide of Arad

Lucien sits at his haven, thinking idly.

Sandor had left hours ago without notice - the mighty Koldun had melded into the wind and disappeared into the night, temporarily leaving the Voivoidate in Lucien's hands.

He feels honoured that his sire would trust him so, even if ever so briefly. Ennius stands silently to his right, as he always has since entering the Tzimisce's undying service. The knight errant does not shift an inch, as still as an empty suit of armour.

He traces his finger lightly over the table in front of him, and feels it shudder. A mouth that has been sewn closed near the inkwell tries to scream but is unable, producing only light, muffled sounds. The eyes by the table's edge are always uncovered though, they stare, bloodshot, at the vampire in front of them.

Sandor knew quite well how to punish disobedient ghouls.

Lucien then hears the telltale snarl of an approaching schlatza - the slight shuffling limp of a new ghoul who struggles with their radically changed body.

Kiril Petrov Veranin, Imposter
The Domain of Basilio the Elder,
Prince of Sofia

Kiril stands in a patch of shadow cast by a large pear tree. He remembers the pear tree - or rather, he remembers Kiril talking about how he loved the pear tree. Walking around it, tracing his hand along the edge of the wooden thing he identifies a small, wooden knothole at around head-height where Kiril told him he kept all his secret things. Kiril's hand brushes briefly against a silver coin and a small dagger that the boy had said he used to keep in the knothole. Kiril put them back when he returned from Byzantium.

He looks over his old estate, breathes in and takes in old scents. Along with new.

The Cullar Revenant family established itself some few days after Kiril was turned. Basilio requested firmly that his servant move his estate to a different place within the city, as he needed Kiril's current estate for the revenants who would be coming from Spain to help oversee the elder's operations in the city. Kiril hated them.

He was forced to agree, lest he disappoint the elder, but every night the knowledge that the land he won was taken from him burned in the back of his mind, an urgent, painful needle constantly burrowing itself ever-deeper into his mind. Things had escalated when he killed one of the family members a month ago when they'd approached him. Trespassing over his sacred ground.

There had been no further conflict, but he knew the family was only bidding its time.

Kiril turns away from his land and returns home. His family should asleep at the moment, it is fairly late in the night. Carinus has obeyed his master's command to stay away from his family, and has been out tonight. Kiril has an unpleasant suspicion that the mild-mannered man was out hunting.

As he returns home Kiril notes an enclosed wagon - such as those used to transport vampires - pulled by two black horses - waiting. The driver is nowhere in sight.

Did Basilio come to visit? No, it couldn't be - the Prince had left some weeks prior to this, saying he had to handle some clan business. What was this?

Heldric Haikans, the Diseased Rat
Somewhere

It's dark, and cold and damp. It always is here.

Heldric hears growling and snuffling in the dark - it's Andreas. He hears the crocodile reply, a low rumbling snarl can be felt running through the albino creature's body under Heldric's hand.

No, just another rat

Heldric thinks back to Constantinople, the city's towering spires, beautiful churches, he thinks of Michael, the glorious vampiric archangel and his lover The Dracon. He misses the city, but he remembers Malachite's directives.

Spread the Dream my childe. Build beauty in the world, let all know that greatness can be achieved by us, a lasting greatness that will endure the ages.

Here he is now, in his dark, dank cave in the depths of Transylvannia.

There is a sudden very loud crash as Andreas growls in frustration and strikes the wall - his fist crushing stone into powder and making the walls shake.

He then roars loudly. The albino's body vibrates slightly in response.

He is frustrated with this. We are doing nothing here, he says.

Then the Albino and Andreas both Freeze - and Heldric can soon sense why. The sound of horses, a carriage, footsteps through the muck.

Someone is coming.

Sylvian Bastian Beaulieu, Divine Artist
Domain of Count Radu Bistri,
Prince of Bistritz

Sylvian sighs.

The painting is imperfect, as always. The green is never quite the right, lush shade that he needs it to be to capture the vibrant life of this beautiful land's forests.

He feels inflamed. This land seems to have that effect on him - it's so beautiful, so enticing, and makes him feel so possessive. He feels impotent when compared to it, when his works are shown beside it.

Aldric knocks at the door - opening it soon after. He sees Sylvian's new painting and sighs - though unlike Sylvian, not in disappointment. He rushes forward and closes his eyes, taking in even the scent of the drying paint on the canvas before opening his eyes and enjoying the painting. Sylvian can tell that his servant is using his intensely heightened senses, as he always does, to take in the painting.

"Perfect my lord. Dazzling."

Sylvian is not convinced. The happy fool's reaction to every single work he made was universally the same. He still failed to capture Transylvannia.

After a small while, Sylvian hears a rough voice call up - it's Odi.

"My lord, someone is here for you."

Sylvian suspects that Aldric had been sent up here with that purpose, but had been distracted of course.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:17:53 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »

Could have been worse. He could have put his head on a hound's head. That's worse. Probably. He thought to himself. He then smirks, imagining his head on a dog body.

"Hmm?" he said, as he waited in the ghoul.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:26:06 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:19 pm »

The ghoul wordlessly hands Lucien a large envelope. It then waits to be given a new order.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:31:22 pm »

Kiril attempts to summon dark steel arms, wrapping the shadows protectively around him.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:22 pm »

Lucien takes the envelope and begins to open it up. He stops though and looks up at the ghoul. "Go back to whatever you were doing." He said with a tone of authority and waved him off. he then went back to opening the envelope, curious as to who'm might send him a letter.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 09:46:53 pm »

Kiril

Kiril attempts to summon dark steel arms, wrapping the shadows protectively around him.

From the shadows under the folds of his clothing slink out eight dark tendrils. They spread out from under his clothing menacingly and (presumably) protectively.

Lucien

Lucien takes the envelope and begins to open it up. He stops though and looks up at the ghoul. "Go back to whatever you were doing." He said with a tone of authority and waved him off. he then went back to opening the envelope, curious as to who'm might send him a letter.

The ghoul uncertainly shakes its head - Lucien looks at it again. What is this ghoul that would dare defy its master? It still seems to be waiting for Lucien, almost expectantly.

Perhaps it needed to do something after he read the letters? Doubtful that a ghoul would be so disobedient when Lucien was (quite literally) seated by the last (now furniture shaped) ghoul that dared question his orders.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:50:04 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 10:01:28 pm »

Kiril conceals the tentacles for now.  Where is the wagon's driver? Or occupant, for that matter?

It's too late at night for this to be a social call. Are the intruders inside, with his family?  Kiril hurries home.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 10:12:09 pm »

Lucien sighs. "You're not stupid enough to defy me.. i hope." Lucien said to the ghoul. "Oh who am i kidding. I'd love it. i think we have room for a desk." he looks at the ghoul. "or maybe not a desk. A table perhaps." he seizes him up. "Perhaps." He lets out a amused smirk at the (most likely terrifyed) ghoul. "But you know better." He looks disappointed.

"You expect a reply no doubt. Alright, lets see what we got here." he said to him, and began reading the letter.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:20:58 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »

Kiril

Kiril conceals the tentacles for now.  Where is the wagon's driver? Or occupant, for that matter?

It's too late at night for this to be a social call. Are the intruders inside, with his family?  Kiril hurries home.

The tendrils come under his clothes, a rustle audible as they flow underneath it, a ripple spreading through his garments.

He rushes to the house driven by fear for his wards. He quickly (but silently opens the door) and moves through the house.

The telltalle flicker of candlelight is visible in the kitchen dining room - Kiril rushes there almost immediately. There he sees his son Alec with a stranger - dark haired, smooth skin and fine features. They both speak in low voices and go silent at his approach.

When the stranger sees Kiril, he smiles and gets up, bowing his head in polite greeting and begins saying something - something that Kiril cannot hear..

Kiril feels the Beast rise within himself at this... this intruder.

But he forces the Beast down. Not here, not in front of his son. This man was no enemy.

He looks at Kiril, a bit concerned, and repeats himself.

"My lord Kiril? Basilio sends his regards, as well as this - " He pulls out from his coat a large, sealed envelope.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:32:30 pm »

Kiril stands still, not taking the envelope yet-- not trusting himself to reach for it without a dark tendril choking the life from the intruder in his house.

Why did Alec allow a stranger to enter their house, so late at night?  Where were the servants, watching the door was their job?

The hidden shadows writhe, longing to tear the servant to pieces.  he constricts them against himself, and takes the envelope. 

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 10:34:52 pm »

Lucien

Lucien sighs. "You're not stupid enough to defy me.. i hope." Lucien said to the ghoul. "Oh who am i kidding. I'd love it. i think we have room for a desk." he looks at the ghoul. "or maybe not a desk. A table perhaps." he seizes him up. "Perhaps." He lets out a amused smirk at the (most likely terrifyed) ghoul.

"You expect a reply no doubt. Alright, lets see what we got here." he said to him, and began reading the letter.

The ghoul moves back, frightened, but does not leave. Ennius remains immobile - though Lucien feels like he almost moved there for a second.

Inside the envelope are two letters - one bears the distinct seal of his sire, a three headed serpent with shark, curved scales and human eyes, written on parchment paper, there is no question as to whether or not it is genuine.

My Childe,

It is my wish that you join me in the market square close by the stocks in the Castle District of Buda-Pest on the tenth hour of the evening of the fifteenth day of April, the Year of Our Lord 1198. There, you shall be introduced to an ally of mine who wishes to become your patron. Your future might be assured should you agree to this patron’s offer. Further, it would please me greatly for you to accept as I have already accepted for you, pending your agreement. Do not fail me, but come at once. The bearer of this letter is a trusted servant and will arrange transportation for you.

Your Sire,

Sandor, Vovoide of Arad

An invitation accompanies the letter. It is a gilt-edged parchment rolled into scroll form and bound with red ribbons appended to the document with red sealing wax. The design of a partial crest is pressed into the wax - Lucien recongizes it as that of Radu Bistri, Prince of Bistritz.

Though I am unacquainted with you, I feel that we share a bond through your sire, who is my ally. As you are the dutiful childer of your sires, I request that you meet with me at the market square near the stocks in the Castle District of Buda-Pest on the fifteenth day of April of this year at the tenth hour of the night. I would like to put before you a proposition that may lead to great gains for each of you and closer alliances among us.If you wish to hear more, attend me on the date specified.

I Hope to Become,

Your Patron

Lucien notes the wording - "dutiful childer of your sires"? So he is not alone in this venture?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:40:15 pm »

Kiril

Kiril stands still, not taking the envelope yet-- not trusting himself to reach for it without a dark tendril choking the life from the intruder in his house.

Why did Alec allow a stranger to enter their house, so late at night?  Where were the servants, watching the door was their job?

The hidden shadows writhe, longing to tear the servant to pieces.  he constricts them against himself, and takes the envelope.

Inside the envelope are two letters - one bears the distinct seal of his sire, a large, heavy square-rigged Galleon on a sea where the waves rose up in a storm of darkness. It is written on parchment paper and there is no question as to whether or not it is genuine.

(See Lucien's letter)

An invitation accompanies the letter. It is a gilt-edged parchment rolled into scroll form and bound with red ribbons appended to the document with red sealing wax. The design of a partial crest is pressed into the wax - Kiril recognizes it as that of Radu Bistri, Prince of Bistritz.

(See Lucien's letter)

Kiril notes the wording - "dutiful childer of your sires"? So he is not alone in this venture?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:26 pm »

"At. . . once? I'm to leave with you immediately?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 10:50:50 pm »

Kiril

"At. . . once? I'm to leave with you immediately?"

The stranger nods.

"I apologize for the suddenness of the departure but Lord Basilio's orders are quite clear. Your brother Anton should be getting this very same message right now."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 10:54:15 pm »

"Wait for me outside, I'll be there momentarily."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 10:57:02 pm »

Kiril

"Wait for me outside, I'll be there momentarily."

"Of course Lord Kiril."

The stranger leaves, briefly nodding his goodbyes to Alec.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 11:00:43 pm »

Once the stranger is safely outside, Kiril turns to his son.

"What were you thinking? Why did you let him in?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 11:06:56 pm »

Kiril

Once the stranger is safely outside, Kiril turns to his son.

"What were you thinking? Why did you let him in?"

Alec scoffs derisively.

"What, I cannot welcome visitors into my own household now?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:12 pm »

"well thats interesting." He said out loud to noone in particular.  "Ennius, if you got anything you wish to take with you i suggest you get it immedietly. We have business to attend too."

Then with a pleasing smile he said to the ghoul "it appears that you're a 'trusted' servant. And we don't have any room for more unfortunately."

"And i hope you planned for a way to take Joseph with us. Not leaving without him. oh, i should probarly get some stuff.... eh i can get that later when i've arrenged some kind of haven."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 03:00:43 am »

Lucien

"well thats interesting." He said out loud to noone in particular.  "Ennius, if you got anything you wish to take with you i suggest you get it immedietly. We have business to attend too."

Then with a pleasing smile he said to the ghoul "it appears that you're a 'trusted' servant. And we don't have any room for more unfortunately."

"And i hope you planned for a way to take Joseph with us. Not leaving without him. oh, i should probarly get some stuff.... eh i can get that later when i've arrenged some kind of haven."

The schlatza nods and then moves out - clearly expecting Lucien to follow him.

Should Lucien follow the ghoul, he will find an enclosed wagon drawn by two horses, each black as night. Lucien deduces that Joseph could probably ride alongside the wagon fairly easily.

Clearly he is intended to rest in the wagon by day and continue travelling by night, never truly stopping to rest.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:44 am »

Steeple lies back contentedly into his comfortable, velvet couch/throne in his silken robes - only to to treated to extremely loud knocking. Angrily loud, one could say.

Springing onto his feet, Steeple retrieves Prince Maurice, dropping him into a pocket.

"Looks like we have visitors!" he says into the pocket.

Then, looking around for Sebastian the Butler, Steeple says again - only much louder this time - "LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE VISITORS!"

Steeple nods at the door expectantly, while Sebastian goes to answer it.

"Watch out for angry bears," Steeple adds, as Sebastian is pulling open the door for whoever is on the other side...

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 10:39:15 am »

Lucien

The schlatza nods and then moves out - clearly expecting Lucien to follow him.

Should Lucien follow the ghoul, he will find an enclosed wagon drawn by two horses, each black as night. Lucien deduces that Joseph could probably ride alongside the wagon fairly easily.

Clearly he is intended to rest in the wagon by day and continue travelling by night, never truly stopping to rest.
Lucien ofcourse follows the ghoul.

He smiles vickedly at the Wagon. "New test subjects await us Ennien. We need only go and find them."

"i will ride Joseph the first night of our voyage." He said to Ennien, gesturing that he boards the wagon.

Then he went to get Joseph.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:41:34 am by Daedalus »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 12:29:47 pm »

Kiril

Alec scoffs derisively.

"What, I cannot welcome visitors into my own household now?"

"Are you an idiot?"  Kiril speaks calmly, but allows the dark tentacles to spread, briefly entertaining the idea of throwing his favorite son through a wall. 
"You know what I am, and yet you invited a stranger to enter our home, in the middle of the night?  I would have hoped you had better judgement than that."  Disappointment mixes with disdain in his voice. 

"Now.  I'm leaving, on business.  I suppose I have no choice but to entrust you with the household.  At least try not to Fark it up."

Unless Alec has something further to say, Kiril will depart.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 01:08:50 pm »

Heldric

Heldric quickly casts obsfucate over himself and his crocodile, no point in doing it to Andreas as he would just give it away again. "Andreas, check who is wishing our cave." He says to the other vampire as he moves into a position where he can see the entrance but stay in nice deep shadow.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 01:26:45 pm »

Heldric

Heldric

Heldric quickly casts obsfucate over himself and his crocodile, no point in doing it to Andreas as he would just give it away again. "Andreas, check who is wishing our cave." He says to the other vampire as he moves into a position where he can see the entrance but stay in nice deep shadow.

After he finishes giving his orders to Andreas, the Nosferatu fades from view of anyone who could see, along with his pet crocodile.

Andreas moves to the entrance of the cave, a grim smile on his deformed face, hands like arthritic claws clenched into powerful fists. A constant, low growl emits from his chest, rising into the silent air of the cavern, forming a constant, terrifying echo.

A voice quickly calls out into the cavern - "Heldric! Call of your beast! I'm here on behalf of Malachite!"

The voice is that of a frightened and youthful girl.

Steeple

Springing onto his feet, Steeple retrieves Prince Maurice, dropping him into a pocket.

"Looks like we have visitors!" he says into the pocket.

Then, looking around for Sebastian the Butler, Steeple says again - only much louder this time - "LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE VISITORS!"

Steeple nods at the door expectantly, while Sebastian goes to answer it.

"Watch out for angry bears," Steeple adds, as Sebastian is pulling open the door for whoever is on the other side...

The aged man moves swiftly from an upstairs room down to the door, walking at a brisk and cool pace.

Open opening it Steeple and Sebastian are treated to a very large, burly man who's fist was poised to pound right back onto the door (or in this case, Sebastian's face).

He stops himself just in time and then rudely makes his way in, much to the butler's protest (though he does not quite pay Sebastian any mind). His searching eyes rapidly find the 6'5'' floofy white haired Steeple.

"Steeple you lazy bastard, it's time to make yourself useful. Vladivostok's got orders for you, we're leaving now."

The rude, burly man pulls a fat envelope out of a coat pocket.

Kiril

"Are you an idiot?"  Kiril speaks calmly, but allows the dark tentacles to spread, briefly entertaining the idea of throwing his favorite son through a wall. 
"You know what I am, and yet you invited a stranger to enter our home, in the middle of the night?  I would have hoped you had better judgement than that."  Disappointment mixes with disdain in his voice. 

"Now.  I'm leaving, on business.  I suppose I have no choice but to entrust you with the household.  At least try not to Fark it up."

Unless Alec has something further to say, Kiril will depart.

Alec scowls at his father, though he does not add anything further.

Kiril notes that Irina is not anywhere in sight - likely still asleep.

Does Kiril still wish to leave?

Lucien

Lucien of course follows the ghoul.

He smiles wickedly at the Wagon. "New test subjects await us Ennius. We need only go and find them."

"I will ride Joseph the first night of our voyage." He said to Ennius, gesturing that he boards the wagon.

Then he went to get Joseph.

Ennius moves along with Lucien, his heavy footsteps and knight's armour thudding along the ground.

It occurs to Lucien that while here they are in charge and Ennius' armour is seen as a sign of authority, outside of the village the heavy knight's armour could be seen as a sign of war. Perhaps chainmail, or something similarly lighter and less threatening?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »

Kiril briefly considers waking his wife to inform of the sudden business trip, but dismisses the idea.  Alec is more than capable of delivering the news.  Besides, it would humiliate Alec, give the impression that Irina was being left in charge.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 02:20:05 pm »

"Enniel, would you get your tongue up from your arse, and help me with something." Lucien said, patting his horse.

"Here" he gestured to the surrounding area "Your armor is seen as authority. Thats a good thing. Around here."

then he gestured to the horizon. "Out there, however... its seen as a threat." he smiled cruelly. "So... will you change armor to something less threatening or will we get test subjects along the way?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

Heldric calls out "Andreas, let her enter." He stays hidden though awaiting her entrance

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

Heldric

Heldric calls out "Andreas, let her enter." He stays hidden though awaiting her entrance

The girl moves through the cave, auburn hair and pale skin visible only barely in the soft moonlight that creeps in through the entrance. She is not pretty by any means, Heldric surmises that it is because she is battened on the vitae of Nosferatu.

"Master Heldric? I carry a message for you from Lord Malachite..."

She reaches into a satchel by her side and pulls out a large envelope.

Lucien

"Enniel, would you get your tongue up from your arse, and help me with something." Lucien said, patting his horse.

"Here" he gestured to the surrounding area "Your armor is seen as authority. Thats a good thing. Around here."

then he gestured to the horizon. "Out there, however... its seen as a threat." he smiled cruelly. "So... will you change armor to something less threatening or will we get test subjects along the way?"

"Yes my... lord Lucien."

Ennius leaves - and arrives some half an hour later wearing light chainmail. The schlatza has returned, looking perplexed at the delay - though a quick explanation from Lucien calms it.

Does Lucien depart?

Kiril

Kiril briefly considers waking his wife to inform of the sudden business trip, but dismisses the idea.  Alec is more than capable of delivering the news.  Besides, it would humiliate Alec, give the impression that Irina was being left in charge.

Very well.

Outside the dark haired man is waiting for him by the same enclosed wagon Kiril had previously seen.

He is seated at the wagon, in the driver's seat.

"My lord Basilio told me you have a servant you would like to bring with you? A Carinus or something of the like?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:55:52 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 03:59:00 pm »

"Yes."

Where was Carinus? Probably hunting.  Best to avoid that conversation with the driver.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 04:03:52 pm »

"oh well, its not like we had the means to transport people anyway. " Lucien said to Ennius. "Good, but a slight  boring decision. Lets depart." He mounted his horse.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 04:08:13 pm »

Heldric moves closer silently to observe the letter,He assumes the girl is being truthful but best to check. If he. Sees his masters seal he steps back into a shadow and drops his cover so as not to startle her too much.

"Let us. See what this entails then." He says holding a clawed hand out for it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 04:44:18 pm »

Lucien

"oh well, its not like we had the means to transport people anyway. " Lucien said to Ennius. "Good, but a slight  boring decision. Lets depart." He mounted his horse.

Lucien's part in this scene is done.

Kiril

"Yes."

Where was Carinus? Probably hunting.  Best to avoid that conversation with the driver.

Kiril is aware of Carinus' preferred hunting grounds. Sofia was dotted with mineral baths, remnants of the city's old roman heritage, Carinus would go to the baths to get an extensive look at his victims before taking them. He might still be there now.

Thus leaving the dark-haired ghoul behind, Kiril goes to the House of the Eagle - the biggest bathhouse in the city. He notes Jorgi - one of Lord Basilio's servants and proprietor of the House of the Eagle - once he enters. The ghoul nods briefly to Kiril, knowing full well who and what he is.

"Evening Kiril. You looking for Carinus?" the large man asks.

Heldric

Heldric moves closer silently to observe the letter,He assumes the girl is being truthful but best to check. If he. Sees his masters seal he steps back into a shadow and drops his cover so as not to startle her too much.

"Let us. See what this entails then." He says holding a clawed hand out for it.

The girl starts at his sudden appearance - and is very careful to not touch him in any way when she hands him the envelope. Heldric guesses that Malachite warned her as to his nature.

Heldric needs to light a torch to be able to read the letter and invitation - which is identical to the one received by Lucian (for my convenience).

He notes that he will not be alone in this venture, as well as that Malachite has left Constantinople for some reason or another. It must have been something important if it required his attention.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:48:32 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 05:51:56 pm »

"Yes, thank you.  Do you know where I might find him?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 05:55:56 pm »

Kiril

"Yes, thank you.  Do you know where I might find him?"

"He left about an hour ago, some little dark haired thing hanging onto his shoulder."

Jorgi gives Kiril the girl's address - and Kiril cannot help but let a small smile grace his face at the news. It's his old home. The girl lives in his old home.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:55:25 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 05:59:29 pm »

Hendricks nods to the girl, he likes her, not too pretty, careful and respectful.

"Thankyou, this is just what we have been waiting for." Then turning to his retainers (he thinks of the crop more like a person than a pet) "We are moving, progress is beginning!"

He let's the girl lead him leaving Andreas to carry everything needed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »

Heldric

Hendricks nods to the girl, he likes her, not too pretty, careful and respectful.

"Thankyou, this is just what we have been waiting for." Then turning to his retainers (he thinks of the crop more like a person than a pet) "We are moving, progress is beginning!"

He let's the girl lead him leaving Andreas to carry everything needed.

Andreas brings what is needed, and the albino slithers smoothly out of the dank recesses of the cave into the moonlit countryside.

The land is hauntingly beautiful tonight, the moon is high and the air rings with the howls of distant wolves.

An enclosed wagon along with two pitch black horses waits for them outside. Heldric realizes very quickly that he would have to share the wagon with Andreas and the Albino (which would be unable to keep up with the horses).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »

His searching eyes rapidly find the 6'5'' floofy white haired Steeple.

"Steeple you lazy bastard, it's time to make yourself useful. Vladivostok's got orders for you, we're leaving now."

The rude, burly man pulls a fat envelope out of a coat pocket.

Unfazed by the man's brusqueness, Steeple replies excitedly, "Ooh, we're going on a trip? Excellent!"

Clapping his hands, he bellows for the Coachman - "IGOR! MY THINGS! FETCH MY THINGS! IIIIGGGOOOOORRRR!!!"

Impatiently tapping his foot, waiting for Igor, Steeple regards the envelope in the rude man's hand.

"I don't usually take bribes," he says nonchalantly, snatching the envelope with a flick of his wrist. Then, after a moment of manicaly fluttering the letter out with his only hand, he snaps the paper crisp and commences to read - mumbling the words incomprehensibly aloud as he does...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

Steeple

Unfazed by the man's brusqueness, Steeple replies excitedly, "Ooh, we're going on a trip? Excellent!"

Clapping his hands, he bellows for the Coachman - "IGOR! MY THINGS! FETCH MY THINGS! IIIIGGGOOOOORRRR!!!"

Impatiently tapping his foot, waiting for Igor, Steeple regards the envelope in the rude man's hand.

"I don't usually take bribes," he says nonchalantly, snatching the envelope with a flick of his wrist. Then, after a moment of manicaly fluttering the letter out with his only hand, he snaps the paper crisp and commences to read - mumbling the words incomprehensibly aloud as he does...

The thick-necked driver (who had been sleeping) pokes his head down from the upstairs rooms, looking at what exactly was happening.

"Yes sir! Of course sir!"

He rushes to fetch Steeple's things, while the man in front of Steeple scowls.

"Pack light, we're moving quickly. And it's not a bribe!"

Steeple's letter (and invitation) is identical to that received by Lucien (higher up in the thread).

Prince Maurice muffled voice pipes up - "Well old boy, it seems we're going on an adventure!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 07:29:50 pm »

Heldric

Andreas brings what is needed, and the albino slithers smoothly out of the dank recesses of the cave into the moonlit countryside.

The land is hauntingly beautiful tonight, the moon is high and the air rings with the howls of distant wolves.

An enclosed wagon along with two pitch black horses waits for them outside. Heldric realizes very quickly that he would have to share the wagon with Andreas and the Albino (which would be unable to keep up with the horses).

"Hmm Andreas, please help Mr. Whitey inside for me, then ride on the roof so you can jump off an kill anything that threatens us. Obviously one in before dawn if the trip takes that long." He then climbs inside

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 07:31:30 pm »

Heldric

"Hmm Andreas, please help Mr. Whitey inside for me, then ride on the roof so you can jump off an kill anything that threatens us. Obviously one in before dawn if the trip takes that long." He then climbs inside

Heldric's part is done.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2015, 07:38:47 pm »

Kiril

"He left about an hour ago, some little dark haired thing hanging onto his shoulder."

Jorgi gives Kiril the girl's address - and Kiril cannot help but let a small smile grace his face at the news. It's his old home. The girl lives in his old home.

Wait.  This could be trouble.  The Cullar are Basilio's servants, he may be irritated if Carinus kills one of them.   Kiril decides he'd better go and find Carinus.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

Anton's eyes are closed. He sees darkness. Endless, deadening darkness that extends as far as can be seen. He can see nothing, feel nothing, hear nothing - not even the sound of his heart, which had stopped beating long ago. He feels cold - even now, when the intricacies of warmth and cold mean nothing to him. He's felt cold ever since he came back from the Abyss - it's nice, he thinks sometimes, that he is so cold. Warmth is comforting, and he has no right to such pleasures. Not anymore.

His eyes still closed, Anton feels darkness filling him, merging with him. He feels his soul turn a dark shade of black, tainted as what he imagines a demon's soul would look like.

Anton opens his eyes. They are black as the darkest night.

The adulterer lies in front of him, bruised and battered. She had screamed so loudly, confessed so surely, promised so much - but her penance was not done. Not yet. Only through great pain may one repent.

Then he hears the knocking. Someone upstairs? Who could be visiting him now, at this time of night?

Anton almost reacts, almost turning away from the sinner. After all, who dare disturb him while he spreads the good word?! But that doesn't matter, not right now. His mind must be focused, his emotions kept at bay. This his is work, and nothing must disturb it.

"You have been redeemed" Anton states, calmly, as he begins to form a shadowy blade, and, once summoned, exitingushes the evil in the woman.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2015, 08:16:28 pm »

Anton

Anton almost reacts, almost turning away from the sinner. After all, who dare disturb him while he spreads the good word?! But that doesn't matter, not right now. His mind must be focused, his emotions kept at bay. This his is work, and nothing must disturb it.

"You have been redeemed" Anton states, calmly, as he begins to form a shadowy blade, and, once summoned, exitingushes the evil in the woman.

Darkness coalesces around Anton's outstretched hand - though to him, the shadows look like pure white light, and form into the purest diamond blade that could be imagined.

A quick move and the blade now glows a terrible red.

Kiril

Wait.  This could be trouble.  The Cullar are Basilio's servants, he may be irritated if Carinus kills one of them.   Kiril decides he'd better go and find Carinus.

Carinus' home is further into the residential district of the city. Making his way there, Kiril is greeted by the delightful smell of freshly cooked pork. Well, something that smells like pork anyway...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »

Anton

Darkness coalesces around Anton's outstretched hand - though to him, the shadows look like pure white light, and form into the purest diamond blade that could be imagined.

A quick move and the blade now glows a terrible red.
"In Christ does she now lay, greeted by your kingdom, O' Lord." Anton states, dropping his daimond blade on the ground, letting it disperse into the world.

And with that, he heads up the stairs to check on the knocking. He'll have to set up for the woman's burial soon.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »

Anton

"In Christ does she now lay, greeted by your kingdom, O' Lord." Anton states, dropping his diamond blade on the ground, letting it disperse into the world.

And with that, he heads up the stairs to check on the knocking. He'll have to set up for the woman's burial soon.

Anton moves up the steps of his stone cellar, and opens the heavy wooden door sealing it. The place had been specially designed for confession.

Opening the door outside Anton is greeted by a man wearing the robes of a monk. A cowl would normally obscure his face but actually brightens it for Anton at the moment, showing a man of typical appearance, with dark hair and bright eyes. He appears to be in his thirties and a chain dangles around his neck, disappearing into his robes.

He bows at Anton's appearance.

"Brother Anton, I come bearing missives from Lord Basilio."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2015, 08:30:58 pm »

Prince Maurice muffled voice pipes up - "Well old boy, it seems we're going on an adventure!"

"I know, right!? Steeple replies to Prince Maurice in his pocket.

Then, while pocketing the letter, Steeple mocks the large man, "Oh no, definitely not a bribe," he says, while immediately nodding the affirmative to his servants with a big 'thumbs up' and mouthing the words "BIG. ASS. BRIBE!"

Then, not to be hurried, Steeple ignores the man completely, until Igor has loaded the usual five or six trunks of random junk onto the carriage (Steeple's or any other carriage the man may have brought with him).

Once that is taken care of, Steeple walks to a lit candle on the windowsill and braces himself to pinch it out (setting up the Extinguish Ritual)...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »

Steeple

"I know, right!? Steeple replies to Prince Maurice in his pocket.

Then, while pocketing the letter, Steeple mocks the large man, "Oh no, definitely not a bribe," he says, while immediately nodding the affirmative to his servants with a big 'thumbs up' and mouthing the words "BIG. ASS. BRIBE!"

Then, not to be hurried, Steeple ignores the man completely, until Igor has loaded the usual five or six trunks of random junk onto the carriage (Steeple's or any other carriage the man may have brought with him).

Once that is taken care of, Steeple walks to a lit candle on the windowsill and braces himself to pinch it out (setting up the Extinguish Ritual)...

Nadia smiles and nods back enthusiastically. Sebastian shakes his head sadly.

Igor comes down carrying Steeple's useless crap/ritual components/equipment. It's soon clear that the enclosed wagon and two horses that draw it will not be enough for all of Steeple's stuff, so Igor packs a second carriage.

"I said to pack light you worthless buffoon! If we're late then Stephan will have your hide and mine!" the burly man cries out plaintively.

"Unpleasant fellow isn't he?" Prince Maurice says.

"First he tries to bribe you, then you yells at you when you bring but the bare necessities."

Steeple pinches the candle and spits on the floor with overwhelming success.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 22   Go Up