Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 297056 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »

"All right, I'll go and say hello."  Kiril heads towards the pretty one.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:18 pm »

Anton

"You have yet to introduce yourself Brother Anton. You are to work with these people, after all."

Anton does not respond, and simply steps out of the carriage, shadows moving along with him. He looks for the others, to see if they have awakened as of yet.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »

"All right, I'll go and say hello."  Kiril heads towards the pretty one.
"Greetings" Lucien said with a Slight bow.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »

"Good evening.  I am Kiril Veranin, Lord of Vitosha. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
 Kiril observes the man, seeing what information he can gather. By now, it's as natural as breathing. . . used to be.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:20 pm »

"My name is Lucian Lupei." Lucien is ifcourse intruiged by the man.  I wonder if he'd let me use my arts on him...

"And yes, i toy with flesh and bones." He smiled childishly.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2015, 08:46:36 pm »

"Good evening.  I am Kiril Veranin, Lord of Vitosha. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."
 Kiril observes the man, seeing what information he can gather. By now, it's as natural as breathing. . . used to be.

The man's body has obviously seen extensive alterations - no man is physically capable of naturally looking so perfectly fine as this.

However his veins stand out on his body, dark and highly visible against his unusually pale skin - Kiril gathers that he has not fed in some time.

And indeed, Lucien has not been able to feed on anything save the schlatza - and he has been highly restrained by the fact that Ennius also needed to be fed, lest he Frenzy (a fight that the blood starved Lucien could not afford to have).

In fact, the only one out of everyone who fed to their leisure is Heldric (though of course no one can see him), along with his servant Andreas, aided by Heldric's skill in communicating with animals. Though he is heavy and slowed on the blood of Beasts, at least he has remained nourished.

Steeple and Sylvian have both also fared rather well with their herds.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:56:44 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:58 pm »

"Carinus, can you find me something to eat?" Kiril inquires before continuing his conversation.

He could have looked like anything, and he chose that appearance. Interesting.

"Are you acquainted with anyone else here?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

"Certainly - though I think it might be better to wait till we are inside the city. It would look suspicious if I led anyone out and then returned with this group without them."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:31 pm »

Anton looks out, and sees his brother already conversing with a fellow woman? Man? Something in between? It is good. The kindred must look inhuman and disturbing. That is their purpose.

He heads to greet the two.
"Brother." He states to Kiril, coldly, as per usual. His voice rarely displays any warmth.

"I assume this is another one of the fold?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »

Lucien cannot help but note Anton's disgraceful ugliness.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2015, 09:11:01 pm »

"Carinus, can you find me something to eat?" Kiril inquires before continuing his conversation.

He could have looked like anything, and he chose that appearance. Interesting.

"Are you acquainted with anyone else here?"
"ah, i'm not the only one starving." He smiled weakly to him. "Oh, and as for your question.. only Ennius there im afraid." He gestured to the knight."
Anton looks out, and sees his brother already conversing with a fellow woman? Man? Something in between? It is good. The kindred must look inhuman and disturbing. That is their purpose.

He heads to greet the two.
"Brother." He states to Kiril, coldly, as per usual. His voice rarely displays any warmth.

"I assume this is another one of the fold?"
"Do not talk about me as if i wasnt present Thank you."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:14 pm »

"Anton, this is Lucien Lupei.  Lucien, my brother Anton."

anton, for the love of god, be polite.

Haha, 'love of god.'

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2015, 09:51:53 pm »

Anton nods.
"Lucian Lupei, I am pleased to make your acquaintance." Anton states.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:39 pm »

"Likewise Anton. Likewise."

must be a trend to be ugly around here.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:09 am »

He.dric, satisfied with what he has observed heads back into his carriage and let's his obsfucate drop before waking Andreas. "You may follow me out or wait here with whitey, it is your choice." He says to the bonded vampire before walking out towards the others, smiling in his horrific way.

"Greetings brothers, I assume you were all called out here for the same purpose as I?" He anounces as he approaches when there is a pause in the conversation.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:44 am »

"greetings Mr... My name is Lucien." He said with a smile. "This is Ennius My servant." He gestured to the knight.

This is Anton." He gestures to the reallly ugly one that is not a nosferatu. "And this is Kiril." he gedtured to the not sp ugly one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:10:03 am by Daedalus »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2015, 08:03:33 am »

"Right in the morning too. I do say, perhaps he should learn some humility? I give you permission to feed, Steeple. You haven't had much to eat on the road, after all..."

"A jolly good idea," Steeple replies to Prince Maurice - though the rude driver could be forgiven for thinking Steeple was talking to him.

Activating Elemental Strength, Steeple coils around the man like a python - yanking him into the carriage and sinking his fangs into the man's face to feed!

(Don't intend to kill him though)...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2015, 12:21:05 pm »

"greetings Mr... My name is Lucien." He said with a smile. "This is Ennius My servant." He gestured to the knight.

This is Anton." He gestures to the really ugly one that is not a nosferatu. "And this is Kiril." he gestures to the not so ugly one.

"Ah my apologies, my name is Heldric. My retainers are still in the carriage but I'm sure they will introduce themselves soon. AH, I would advise none of you or your ghouls touch myself or them, it might have... unfortunate consequences due to part of my clans curse."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:33 pm »

Kiril nods to the hideous newcomer.  "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Heldric."

Yes, yes, hello to you all.  We certainly have the entire spectrum of physical appearance here, don't we?

Let's enter the city already, I'm hungry.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 12:48:06 pm »

Steeple

"A jolly good idea," Steeple replies to Prince Maurice - though the rude driver could be forgiven for thinking Steeple was talking to him.

Activating Elemental Strength, Steeple coils around the man like a python - yanking him into the carriage and sinking his fangs into the man's face to feed!

(Don't intend to kill him though)...

Steeple quickly casts his spell, strengthening himself, and then immediately sits up, moving faster than any man has a right to move, wrapping his arms around Barabus' neck and then coiling around him, forcefully pushing his face into the ground and immobilizing him while Steeple begins eagerly drinking the man's blood.

He tries to break the hold - and probably could have managed to, being surprisingly strong, but Steeple's bite drains him of the will and strength to fight. His struggling grows weaker and then stops - before Steeple stops, his Beast sated and his hunger satisfied.

Steeple then dumps the groaning man out of the cart - the others, who up until now would have only heard a mild scuffle - see and hear the body fall, as well as Steeple exiting the carriage, stepping onto the man as he does so, and coolly stating "You are the servant; I am the guest; Make sure you get that straight from now on."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »

"Ah my apologies, my name is Heldric. My retainers are still in the carriage but I'm sure they will introduce themselves soon. AH, I would advise none of you or your ghouls touch myself or them, it might have... unfortunate consequences due to part of my clans curse."

Anton nods.

"This is certainly a large crowd." He then states, unaccustomed to a groups larger then three vampires. "It must be important."
Steeple then dumps the groaning man out of the cart - the others, who up until now would have only heard a mild scuffle - see and hear the body fall, as well as Steeple exiting the carriage, stepping onto the man as he does so, and coolly stating "You are the servant; I am the guest; Make sure you get that straight from now on."
He then turns to look at the tall one armed man.
"And that would be the fifth. One more." He mutters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:24:43 pm by Aman »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2015, 01:26:37 pm »

"Indeed. I was sent to this country in order to help achieve something great for our kind, I assume that this is the next part of that role."

Heldric looks closely at those around him Hmm that one is far too pretty, the rest are appropriately ugly though. I will have to ascertain each of their abilities and allegiance quickly

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2015, 01:33:07 pm »

Steeple takes out a large table doily and dabs his mouth, as if it were a handkerchief. Stuffing it back in his pocket with his only hand, he then removes a fist-sized stone (Prince Maurice) from another pocket and dusts it off.

"Thank you, I was simply famished!" he says to the stone, "I know, right? That's what I said, HA HA HA!"

Then turning to see the others assembled, he bows with a flourish and says, "Hello! Steeple Carson Olof Trevesky the Fourth at your service!"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:47:41 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »

"I do believe that one of those men is a women." Prince Maurice states confusedly.

Barrabas groans under Steeple's feet.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:36:05 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2015, 01:42:11 pm »

Steeple takes out a large table doily and dabs his mouth, as if it were a handkerchief. Stuffing it back in his pocket with his only hand, he then removes a fist-sized stone (Prince Maurice) from another pocket and dusts it off.

"Thank you, I was simply famished!" he says to the stone, "I know, right? That's what I said HA HA HA!"

Then turning to see the others assembled, he bows with a flourish and says, "Hello! Steeple Carson Olof Trevesky the Fourth at your service!"

Hmm unbalanced, useful information "Greetings! Heldric at your service." Heldric replies with a bow of the head, feigning joviality for the crazy man
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:47:36 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:59 pm »

"Thank you, I was simply famished!" he says to the stone, "I know, right? That's what I said HA HA HA!"

"Kiril Petrov Veranin, Lord of Vitosha, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."  The polite reply is practically a reflex. 
As always, he checks to see if there's anything useful he can deduce from their appearances, the one-armed man and the ugly one.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2015, 01:47:23 pm »

Anton looks at the man.
"Anton Petrov Veranin. You were just talking to the rock, correct?" Anton asks. Insanity is also a sign of damnation.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2015, 01:52:25 pm »

"Kiril Petrov Veranin, Lord of Vitosha, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."  The polite reply is practically a reflex. 
As always, he checks to see if there's anything useful he can deduce from their appearances, the one-armed man and the ugly one.

Ugly one is obviously a Nosferatu and appears to be exceedingly well fed. The one-armed man is an albino and extremely pale - and yet his veins do not stand out against his skin. He is clearly completely filled with vitae.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2015, 01:53:53 pm »

Anton looks at the man.
"Anton Petrov Veranin. You were just talking to the rock, correct?" Anton asks. Insanity is also a sign of damnation.

Prince Maurice replies to Anton (though only Steeple can hear him).

"The rock? The rock?! Young man my name is Maurice! And that's Prince Maurice to you! I cannot believe you dare treat me like a simple, mindless object of no worth! Behave yourself lest I challenge you to a bout of fisticuffs!"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 02:10:06 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2015, 02:09:02 pm »

"I'm sure he didn't mean it," Steeple says to the rock soothingly, placing it back into his pocket.

Then to Anton he replies, "Talking to a rock? How preposterous haha! I may be eccentric, but I'm not mad."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2015, 02:24:06 pm »

Anton nods.
"It is no shame, Steeple Carson Olof Trevskey. The damned carry their punishments." Anton states. "All of us."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2015, 02:45:49 pm »

"The Fourth," Steeple adds, "But you can call me Steeple."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2015, 03:13:26 pm »

Heldric Eyes up the City Gates. "Shall we enter then, Our meeting point is inside the gates and The locals here lock up at night to try and prevent... well.. Us."

Heldric is starting to get uncomfortable int he crowd now, he much preferes to be the un-noticed observer and plans to get inside the city soon so he can find a suitable refuge.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2015, 03:40:22 pm »

"Yes, quite," Steeple replies to Heldric, "anyone know any good places for our kind, here in the city to while away the hours waiting for whatever it is we are waiting for?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2015, 04:48:27 pm »

"If only." Lucien replied to the weird one armed man.

"Now, i do not know if any of you are as malnourished as myself, but i need to hunt reaĺly soon. And it appears some of you need to do that aswell. I agree with Heldric. Lets get a move on.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2015, 05:51:27 pm »

"Ah, well, you guys have fun!" Steeple says, waving his hand at the group. "I'll see you around the square."

Then yelling for Igor - "Igor, load this 'luggage' onto the carriage," meaning that Barrabas is to be strapped down with the luggage.

"Sebastian; you drive our carriage - do care not to scuff it. Igor, you drive this one." Steeple directs his Herd.

"We'll go into town and see if we can find the livery stable or something."

Steeple intends to find a place for the horses and carriages and then to just hang around until the time appointed to meet in the square.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2015, 05:54:54 pm »

Anton looks towards one of the carriages.
"We have one more kindred to wait for."

Bo

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »

Sylvian exits the enclosed wagon, having gained sufficient information from his ghoul Odi. He briefly introduces himself as an artiste of fine skill and extreme sexiness to the rest of the crew, perhaps or perhaps not showing some distaste for the uggos in the crowd before agreeing with the others that they should probably enter the city.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:50:34 pm by Drakilian »
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you still don't succeed, then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
  --  W.C. Fields

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2015, 02:55:43 pm »

The group makes their way to the city's gates - where the town guards are beginning to close the gates for the night. One guard motions with his lantern from afar and calls out, “If you wish to enter the city tonight, you had best hurry! The gates are closing!”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:25 pm »

"In like Flin," Steeple says, as his carriages make their way through.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2015, 03:07:34 pm »

"Make it go faster, thingy." Lucien said to the ghoul.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2015, 03:14:09 pm »

Anton nods.
"Quicken the pace, brother Joseph."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »

Heldric calls out to his driver "Please ensure we get inside before the gates close. I will be rather angry if I am forced to enter by climbing a wall." before settling back in his chair to pet his crocodile "Don't worry Mr. Whitey, I'm sure I can find a suitable human to play fetch with you once we a re settled in." He then turns to Andreas, nudging him awake if he has not woken yet "We are entering the city and there are several others here from different clans, it appears we are involved with something important. I need you to keep and eye out though, no point coming this far to find a betrayer in our midst."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2015, 03:32:54 pm »

Andreas nods briefly, then a series of growls and low rumbles escape his throat.

Mr. Whitey translates for Heldric - "He wants you to make him look pretty."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2015, 03:44:56 pm »

The guards keep the gate open once they see the travelers speeding up - and the vampires and their servants enter the city of Budapest.

Immediately inside the gates the characters find themselves in the city's cattle market, where young boys and older servants are watching lines of livestock. Everyone (except for Anton) feels that, if they are careful, they could likely feed from some of the cattle (or maybe even the servants watching them).

Otherwise, if they are unwilling to take such a risk, signs indicate that the main road through Pest leads westward through the city and into the central market.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:47:37 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2015, 04:01:50 pm »

"Stop" Lucien orders his ghoul. He then jumps off and makes his way to one of the older servants.

"You there. where might a man find some... female company for the night?" he asks as he plays with some coins in his hands.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »

Heldric considers the animals before deciding that he is not in any great need for vitae right now. "Onward driver, we have no need to stop here."

Heldric quickly takes the time to concentrate on Adreas's appearence, once ready he carefully begins casting obsfucate on him, trying to make him look like an attractive man Heldric once knew who was of similar size and Andreas (now dead and from a long way away) "hopefully this should suffice for you" he announces once satisfied.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:23:28 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »

Andreas nods silently and then gets out of the back of the wagon stepping out and stretching his legs, following from outside. They're forced to move at a slower pace now that they're out in the crowded market anyways.

Lucien

"Stop" Lucien orders his ghoul. He then jumps off and makes his way to one of the older servants.

"You there. where might a man find some... female company for the night?" he asks as he plays with some coins in his hands.

The man looks at Lucien, confused (and slightly disgusted) - but at the sight of the coins, he smiles readily enough - offering Lucien one of the pigs. Lucien notes that it is a female pig.

Ennius discreetly smiles.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 04:49:10 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2015, 04:46:54 pm »

"Would you be able to discreetly take one of them?" Kiril asks Carinus.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:32 pm »

"Would you be able to discreetly take one of them?" Kiril asks Carinus.

"Which one?" Carinus asks, as he begins eyeing the crowd.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up