Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 297061 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2015, 05:15:45 pm »

"Which one?" Carinus asks, as he begins eyeing the crowd.

"That's up to you, of course," Kiril replies. "You know I trust your judgement."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2015, 05:17:38 pm »

Anton looks away from the animals, but continues to ride onwards, hoping to keep his beast calm, until he can find proper feed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:19 pm »

Anton

Anton looks away from the animals, but continues to ride onwards, hoping to keep his beast calm, until he can find proper feed.

The press of warm, human bodies and his ravenous hunger has the beast raging within Anton - so much so that he needs to bring his strong will to bear lest he enter a frenzy right then and there.

As Anton moves through the various animals atop Fantoma, they begin to panick - pigs squeal in a sudden panic and fight their owners to get away, horses viciously buck at the servants holding their reins, cows bellow and struggle to escape their leashes.

Luckily for Anton, none of the animals here are predatory - or he would have been made rather quickly as they would have all flocked to him.

The market is temporarily thrown into disarray as Anton passes it.

Kiril

"That's up to you, of course," Kiril replies. "You know I trust your judgement."

Carinus nods and gets off the wagon, disappearing into the crowd.

"Should we wait for him?" Fernando asks.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:03 pm »

"No need," says Kiril.  "He'll find us."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »

Lucien walks away from the man to Ennius.

"Ennius, force two humans to come with us. They shall serve as tonights dinner."

"Make sure the pigFarker is one of them."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2015, 06:33:23 pm »

"My lord, I believe from his initially disgusted expression that he believes you to be the pigFarker." He says, smiling.

Lucien also might want to reconsider his orders - it would be extremely rude to have his men seizing people in the city, especially when he is a very memorable figure. Indeed, if Ennius took two men, and those men died or were never seen again, it is unlikely Lucien would see the next night - whether it be mortals that kill him or Prince Vencel Rikard who stakes him and puts him away into a dungeon to spend the next few millenia in torpor.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2015, 06:40:49 pm »

The press of warm, human bodies and his ravenous hunger has the beast raging within Anton - so much so that he needs to bring his strong will to bear lest he enter a frenzy right then and there.

As Anton moves through the various animals atop Fantoma, they begin to panick - pigs squeal in a sudden panic and fight their owners to get away, horses viciously buck at the servants holding their reins, cows bellow and struggle to escape their leashes.

Luckily for Anton, none of the animals here are predatory - or he would have been made rather quickly as they would have all flocked to him.

The market is temporarily thrown into disarray as Anton passes it.

Anton grins softly. Chaos is good.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2015, 06:42:57 pm »

Riding into the city, Steeple activates Domino of Life so that he can eat food.

He waits until he gets near the square and looks for a high class inn to order a dinner for himself and his herd. He intends to dine inside (of course) and have the rest of the food and drink delivered to the wagons for his servants to eat there.

"I suppose we can order 'the footstool' some sustenance too," Steeple says to Prince Maurice (regarding Barabus), "It's the least we can do for his gracious offer of his own lifeblood."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:45:36 pm by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »

Andreas nods silently and then gets out of the back of the wagon stepping out and stretching his legs, following from outside. They're forced to move at a slower pace now that they're out in the crowded market anyways.

Heldric maintains his spot acting un-obtrusive for now, the driver can keep them moving slowly until they are free from the current press of people he does however quietly order her again. "Take us somewhere quieter where we might pass a few hours relatively undisturbed, a small side street or warehouse area would suffice. Not too far from our meeting spot though." Having given his awkwardly specific instructions he sits in silence.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:59 pm »

"Yeah Yeah, you frekkin comedian." Lucien said to Ennius.

"Lets head to the castle and introduce ourselfs to the prince. And get off my horse." He said, then he waited for Ennius to dismount before mounthing Joseph.

And no you perverted freaks, he didnt mount the horse that way.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:38 pm »

Sylvian, not deigning the animals worthy of his fangs, moves along with the rest of the coterie.

None of the hungry dead manage to slake their thirsts in the cattle market - and so they move past the area and goes westwards to the central market area

Just before passing through the central market, the characters hear the sound of a small crowd ahead. In the center of the market, a slave auction is in progress. The characters can see a paunchy man standing atop a platform. He holds a chain linked to a collar attached to a roughly clad, miserable looking captive, who is forced to kneel before him, hands bound behind her back. A line of other captives is chained to a large stake driven into the ground nearby. Two men stand guard over them.

Several people stand before the platform; a few call out bids. Torches illuminate the stage, but leave most of the crowd and nearby streets in shadow.Some members of the crowd appear to be little more than brigands, bearded, heavily armed men drawn from the nearby taverns to watch the entertainment. A few look as though they might be merchants in search of slaves to help in the workplace. One man stands out from the crowd. Obviously a nobleman, as evidenced by his fine clothes and jewelry, he seems bored by the current offering, yet is clearly agitated. Perhaps he is waiting for something better to be offered.

Aldric's eyes settle on the nobleman - who then says, in a curious tone - "He is so pale, and tinged with red. Impatient, uneasy and bored."

Sylvian gathers from Aldric's comment that the nobleman is a vampire.

Steeple and Lucien both hear this comment, as Aldric does not make any attempt to speak in a low voice.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2015, 08:36:20 pm »

Lucien dismounts Joseph. "Joseph, sit." He tells the horse.

He then walks up to the other Vampire. "Greetings." He says.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:32:29 pm by Daedalus »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2015, 07:05:46 am »

"Ooh, slaves," Steeple marvels. "How utterly barbaric!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2015, 02:11:07 pm »

As everyone stops - whether because they're waiting for the others or because they've decided to make a purchase - a man calls out the final bid for the first slave, who is sold for a tidy sum of 100 Pence  (Around 8 shillings, or 2/3rds of a Librum).

The woman was dragged and handed off to her new master - a stern looking man in a gray hat. Walking back into the shadows as he spoke, the Barker grabbed a girl and pulled her up to the stage. Even before she reached the torch light the vampires could see that she was beautiful. In the flight she was a vision. Her hair, long and raven black, fell to her shoulders in waves. Her almond eyes were dark and haunted, and her beautiful face was set into a hard mask as she stepped forward. Her dress - once fine, a deep blue fabric, probably silk, had been torn and dirtied up but the lines told the truth of it.

As he lifts her to the top of the platform, the auctioneer calls out,“What am I bid for this woman? Virgin and untouched, obedient and beddable.”

The vampiric nobleman - who Lucien had not reached yet at this juncture, having just gotten off his horse - immediately calls out, now finally having his interest sparked - "500!"

As the auctioneer turns to survey the crowd, the woman snakes out her foot and trips him. She leaps off the platform to her left near the group. To the laughter of the crowd, the auctioneer lands heavily. The woman streaks toward an alley, frantically moving her arms behind her as she attempts to free herself of her bonds

The guards have not yet started after her - gathering their wits perhaps - and the crowd seems amused enough by her escape that they likely won't give chase.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:21:38 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2015, 02:23:49 pm »

"510!" Steeple yells out, motioning for the girl to come his way.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2015, 02:26:52 pm »

Lucien smirks at the girls misguided attempt at freedom.

"Ennius!" Lucien calls out. "Stop her." He says loudly enough for his servant to hear. He then proceeds to the vampire, and tries to gather information about by his looks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:29:41 pm by Daedalus »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »

Looking back at the crowd making the noise Heldric calls out to the girl driving "Hold a moment, I will observe this" He calls down to Andreas "See what you can observe but don't draw too much attention, I will watch from the the carriage."

Heldric makes sure he is covered by his cloak and obsfucate is making him look more human just in case then stands so he can see over the crown, using the driving bench to allow him so see over the roof of carriage.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:21:37 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2015, 03:30:40 pm »

Seeing that no one else intends to do anything, Kiril decides to give chase.
He's fairly certain he can catch a partially-tied-up slave girl.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »

Anton quickly rides after the young woman, riding Fantoma foward. He'll make sure to keep his horse's speed slower then it's maximum, to make sure he doesn't reaxh the young girl in the sigh of others.

He'll look to Kiril, while riding. Hopefully he feels the same way. This woman should not be tainted.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2015, 04:05:42 pm »

The girl made good time, running to her right towards an alley off of the square. As Anton gave chase, the Beast begged him to urge Fantoma to run as fast as she could - but he swatted it down, and raced through the narrow alleyways, his armoured knees almost scraping against the walls of the buildings nearby.

Lucien told Ennius to give chase as well, as he and the schlatza followed at a more leisurely pace. The knight is slow, however, and burdened by his armour, moving notably less quickly than the girl, Anton or Kiril.

Kiril also takes flight, confident in his ability to find the girl - though Anton rapidly outpaces him atop Fantoma.

Heldric sees Kiril, Ennius and Anton disappear into the city. The guards follow but the Nosferatu cannot tell where they go. Then he sees the nobleman briefly glare at Steeple and join the chase.

Steeple is left in the dust, no one truly caring for his bid.

"You know old chap, I do think that nobleman just challenged you to a race!" Prince Maurice adds.

Sylvian, impressed by the girl's beauty sends forth Aldric, wishing to know what was going on while he followed himself with Odi at a more leisurely pace, similar to Lucien.

The girl reached the alley only to find it a dead end. She turned, ready to face the guards only to find Anton staring down at her from atop his black warhorse, a knight from hell. She cowers down into a corner, terrified. Kiril soon joins, and she rushes towards him.

“Te rog, te rog! Trebuie să mă ajuţi!” – She cried in Romanian at him as she grabbed at his coat. Kiril didn’t know how to respond.

“Please! Please! You have to help me!” - She cried again this time in Hungarian.

“Please, I am of royal blood, I have been taken from my family by men who wanted a ransom that they could not pay. I am no slave, you must save me from them and this monster.” – The girl cried.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:08:01 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

Kiril puts one arm protectively around the girl and faces down his brother.  "Keep back, brother," he says in Slavonic, "I can handle this."

"Shh. . . Yes, I'll help you," he says in Hungarian to the girl.  "It's all right, you'll be safe with me."  He looks her over, attempting to discern how much of her story might be true.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2015, 04:18:50 pm »

Heldric thinks for a moment before calling out to Andreas and his driver. "I am going to follow them and see what transpires, both of you guard the carriage and Mr. Whitey, I do not trust this city yet.

Heldric keeps his cloak up, and careful not to touch the people he passes, he starts following the noble.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2015, 04:24:26 pm »

Kiril puts one arm protectively around the girl and faces down his brother.  "Keep back, brother," he says in Slavonic, "I can handle this."

"Shh. . . Yes, I'll help you," he says in Hungarian to the girl.  "It's all right, you'll be safe with me."  He looks her over, attempting to discern how much of her story might be true.
Anton looks at him.

"We do not have time, brother. One must ride, while the other distracts the guards." Anton states. "But not kill them. We can not kill here. Not yet."

"Fantoma and I shall distract the guards. Brother, may the Abyss shield you." Anton then adds. "Now go."

Anton then prepares, summoning a bit of darkness to cover Kiril's footsteps as he waits until the guards are in sight, and then ride in the wrong direction, slowly. Hopefully they will follow his trail.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:08:54 pm by Aman »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »

Lucien quickens his pace to catch up to the novle vampire.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2015, 04:58:11 pm »

If the girl is willing, Kiril will take her with him as he attempts to get back to the carriage while avoiding the guards.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2015, 07:48:42 pm »

"I don't feel like a chase," Steeple says to Maurice, losing interest in the slave auction now that everyone ran off after the girl.

"Now where's that nice inn?" he says, looking around the square.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

Kiril senses no deception in the girl, she huddles close to him. Kiril feels his fangs loosen in his jaw as he feels her warmth. He also feels her shiver, as she realizes how cold he is...

Heldric moves unseen through the backstreets, comfortable in the darkness. He soon catches up to Sylvian, noting the sound of the guards right ahead.

Sylvian has been moving through the alleys, looking for the girl and following his servant Aldric - when Aldric is crossed by a group of two guards. Both guards having recognized Aldric from when he ran after the girl, the thugs immediately restrain him and order him to tell them where their men are. Contemptuous of the two men, Sylvian moved forward and, using his magnificent force of Presence, entranced both guards, telling them they would be better off returning, that they wouldn't find the girl and that he would bring her back for them. A lie of course.

The guards went off to convince the other three men (further ahead) that they should just give up the chase, Sylvian going with them to help the case - when Ennius catches up with the Toreador.

Just then, however, Anton leaves, galloping away to try and draw off the guards that are no doubt somewhere nearby himself and Kiril. Anton thinks he hears a noise to his right - so he immediately makes  a hard left and shouts a loud "Hi-ya!', urging Fantoma forward.

In the space directly in front of him, Sylvian, Odi, Aldric, Ennius and five guards await. Aldric is the only one who recognizes him, everyone else, blinded by the dark alley, see only a fearsome monster atop a black horse. The two entranced guards immediately break their ensorcellement - and Anton, unable to stop in time, crashes into and straight through the men, throwing all of them forcefully into the walls and instantly earning their ire. Aldric, Odi and Sylvian would have soon shared in their fate as well - but Ennius stepped forward, and took a solid stance. Bracing himself, he let Fantoma strike him - and the horse stopped. Instantly.

Like if she had galloped into a wall, the force of the stop shatters Fantoma's chest - even with her armor and her supernatural Fortitude, she is gravely injured, and Anton himself is flung from his saddle, thrown clear over Sylvian and his servants.

Odi curses loudly and Aldric yells out - "it's Anton, it's Anton!"

It's now that Lucien arrives, seeing five bruised guards looking both hatefully at the fallen knight and fearfully at Ennius, who had just stopped a running horse in place without moving an inch.

The noble seems to have disappeared, being nowhere in sight. At least, not for them...

As Kiril moves, he hears a voice from his right - a place that the lord could have sworn was empty a mere moment before.

"Excuse me? May I help you?"

The nobleman (of course Kiril doesn't know he's a vampire, having not heard Aldric's statement) waits there with a large purse of coin between his hands - the implication clear. He wished to buy the girl who had so sparked his interest.

Steeple

"I don't feel like a chase," Steeple says to Maurice, losing interest in the slave auction now that everyone ran off after the girl.

"Now where's that nice inn?" he says, looking around the square.

The crowd is still here - and many of the men here reek of hard liquor, perhaps he can ask them?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »

Anton quickly gets up, and checks on his horse, Fantoma, while glaring a bit at Enuis. His glare doesn't end, though he does look to the guards.

"I lost the girl." He states simply, while standing guardingly around his war horse.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2015, 08:52:43 pm »

Lucien lets out a impressed whistle. "Still as though as the day i met you." He says to Ennius. "Appears we lost the girl though. Damn shame. She was exquisite." He slowly shaked his head.

"Oh well, there are more slaves there. Ennius, tell the damned guards to leave"
Anton quickly gets up, and checks on his horse, Fantoma, while glaring a bit at Enuis. His glare doesn't end, though he does look to the guards.

"I lost the girl." He states simply, while standing guardingly around his war horse.

He looks at Anton, then to Fantoma, then to Ennius.

"Wait, you tried to run over Ennius? And not succesfully at that i take it, looking at your horse, and your own scraped body." He smiled woefully.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »

Anton simply glares at the womanly man, and keeps near his horse.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2015, 09:22:53 pm »

"Is she going to pull trough?" Lucien asks Anton.

Anton looks at the vampire, and nods.
"She's a strong horse, she'll be fine." He states.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2015, 09:27:19 pm »

Anton looks at the vampire, and nods.
"She's a strong horse, she'll be fine." He states.
"Thats good. Now Anton, it seems these guards saw something they we're not supposed to." He said to Anton. Then he Turned to Ennius. "Kill them."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2015, 09:48:28 pm »

Anton looks at him, and then looks at the guards.
"Those who serve the abyss need not fear the words of petty mortals." Anton whispers to the womanly man, glaring at the guards.

"My friends and I would prefer you never speak of this." Anton states cruely, holding lightly to the saber on his side. "Very much prefer."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:02:42 pm by Aman »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2015, 10:05:07 pm »

Lucien makes a stop motion with his hand to Ennius.

"Very well." He replied to Anton. He then turned to the guards. "Take this. And if i hear a word about this from any source... It wont be pretty." He said as he threw a small coinpurse at them. Enough to make them happy, and low enough to not impact his resources.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:08:56 pm by Daedalus »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

As Kiril moves, he hears a voice from his right - a place that the lord could have sworn was empty a mere moment before.

"Excuse me? May I help you?"

The nobleman (of course Kiril doesn't know he's a vampire, having not heard Aldric's statement) waits there with a large purse of coin between his hands - the implication clear. He wished to buy the girl who had so sparked his interest.

Kiril envelops the man's head in a Shroud of Night, then uses Arms of the Abyss, bringing the dark steel tentacles out of the nightshroud's darkness to restrain the man, after which he plans to feed upon him.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2015, 12:42:53 pm »

Obviously somthing odd is going on with all of this mess, there is also one vampire missing from the group along with the girl. Heldric moves as quietly as possible past the others in an attempt to find the missing two. If the alley is too full he will try to circle around a different way of climb low walls to gain vantage.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2015, 01:43:56 pm »

Steeple meanwhile, circles the square with his carriage and wagon - looking for someone of a more reputable disposition than drunken brigands hooting at slave girls.

"Let's ask someone where the finest inn in the city is," he says to Prince Maurice, "Then we'll see about introducing ourselves to the local authority."

"Unless you see a castle around here first."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »

Kiril

Kiril envelops the man's head in a Shroud of Night, then uses Arms of the Abyss, bringing the dark steel tentacles out of the nightshroud's darkness to restrain the man, after which he plans to feed upon him.

The man immediately leaps forward upon Kiril summoning the Shroud - and he turns his gaze on the vampire. Kiril finds himself cowed (if ever so temporarily), as the nobleman takes on a terrifying and monstrous appearance before his eyes.

Even if Kiril should use willpower to protect his mind from the Dread Gaze, the man speaks before he can continue the fight - and he says things in a furious tone that Kiril would be very foolish to ignore indeed.

"Cainite! I am Roland, Child of Otto, Seneschal to Prince Vencel Rikard, I have claimed that slave and you have just attacked me in my Prince's domain. If you give her up now then I will disregard what has happened here. If you do not, then my wrath will seem trifling compared to what is to come."

Obviously somthing odd is going on with all of this mess, there is also one vampire missing from the group along with the girl. Heldric moves as quietly as possible past the others in an attempt to find the missing two. If the alley is too full he will try to circle around a different way of climb low walls to gain vantage.

Heldric judges that he is not a skilled enough climber and that it would be to slow to climb up the alley walls and move over the blocked alleyway - so he takes a different turn, listening to the conflict as he goes past. He hears a man speaking in a furious tone, and sees Kiril with the beautiful slave girl standing next to him.

Lucien and Anton

One of the guards catches the purse and looks inside after Lucien's statement. They seem to hesitate after Anton's threat - clearly scared but perhaps also unwilling to leave without the slave girl - so Sylvian tosses them one of his own coin purses.

"Begone now, fools!"

The added bribe and the threat proves enough and the five guards depart, going back to the square.

Ennius resumes moving forward.

Steeple

Moving about the central market, Steeple sees that everything has been closed down - as is customary, of course, most markets close at nightfall. The only thing open is the slave market, and the only nobleman left to go chase after the girl.

Of course, the city's castle is easily visible for the central market.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »

"And now you owe me and Ennius a meal." Lucien said to Anton as he he activated heightened senses (hearing) and tried to backtrack his way to find Kirin.

However first he said "Ennius, we're moving out."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:24:36 pm by Daedalus »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

Heldric Ensures his obsfucate (Unseen Presence) is keeping him concealed then very slowly and carefully moves forward, taking even more care than usual to avoid things like debris and puddles which might give him away, this vampire does not appear weak.

He slips on his spiked punch gloves and moves until he is a few feet away from the combatants, just far enough to be out of range of any misguided attacks. He does not know the current situation however he wants to be close enough to observe the happenings and act if needs be.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:33:06 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:47 pm »

"And now you owe me and Ennius a meal." Lucien said to Anton as he he activated heightened senses (hearing) and tried to backtrack his way to find Kirin.

However first he said "Ennius, we're moving out."

Anton looks at Lucian.
"Avoiding the wrath of the Prince is worth more then the blood you would have gotten, kindred. The prince will feed us."

He then gets back on Fantoma, and follows Lucian. Anton'll get lost in these streets, easily.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:06 pm »

Moving about the central market, Steeple sees that everything has been closed down - as is customary, of course, most markets close at nightfall. The only thing open is the slave market, and the only nobleman left to go chase after the girl.

Of course, the city's castle is easily visible for the central market.

"Oh bother!" Steeple grumbles, "I guess it's to the castle then."

Steeple directs his herd in the direction of the castle, hoping to be the first to introduce himself to the prince.

"Do put on good airs everyone," Steeple says to his company, "We want to make a good first impression after all!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:51 pm »

The Prince's seneschal? Shit.  I can't, I won't let him take her!

Kiril again tries to restrain the man, Roland, with Arms of the Abyss.  He will burn Will to increase initiative if it helps.

I'll kill him.  Kill him and hide the body.  Carinus will help. She's mine, and he can't have her.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2015, 09:28:27 pm »

Kiril desperately resists the Dread Gaze, steeling his will and forcing himself to continue fighting.

He disreguards Roland's warning, and immediately uses some of his precious remaining blood to try and summon Dark Steel arms - only to fail miserably. He tries again, refusing to give up and expending even more of his blood, and now his success is overwhelming, seemingly as a counter to his previous failure. 6 Arms are created from the shroud he'd previously created, and all of them move directly towards Roland's back - only to become entangled in Heldric, who had been keeping himself hidden directly behind Roland! Heldric feels the rough tendrils crash right into his back, throwing him forward and alerting Roland as to both his presence and that of the silent tendrils. His Obfuscate is immediately broken (though his appearance remains the same), and any precise attack he would have wished to throw destroyed by the sudden blow.

Turning his gaze onto the Nosferatu, Roland does not recoil with horror - perhaps he does not see what Heldric is?

He does, however, immediately give a single, irresistible order - "Cainite, you will beat this fool into torpor"

Heldric tries to resist of course - trying to turn his eyes away from the nobleman, resisting his order - but he is sadly unable to override the man's Dominate. Heldric rushes forward towards Kiril, and drives his fist into the Lasombra's stomach.

It is to this scene that the others arrive. Roland turns his head at the appearance of Anton and Ennius and Lucien, rapidly noting that they too were all Cainites.

He goes back to Kiril, striking him once across the face damaging and breaking open the skin there.

He speaks in a low and rapid tone.

"I lied, Cainite. I am not the Prince's seneschal, oh no. I serve someone far greater than that fool. I serve a monster who scoff at the idea of destruction, I serve a monster whose presence makes the very earth shake with fear and whose voice commands kings. You will live to regret this."

Before Kiril's very eyes, the man vanishes.

The girl has been backed up quite nicely in the corner while this was happening, trying very, very hard not to die.

Heldric feels himself be released from the mesmer.

"Oh bother!" Steeple grumbles, "I guess it's to the castle then."

Steeple directs his herd in the direction of the castle, hoping to be the first to introduce himself to the prince.

"Do put on good airs everyone," Steeple says to his company, "We want to make a good first impression after all!"

As Steeple makes his way through the center market and towards the Castle hill, he comes across a lively, bustling tavern! He could go and spend some time in there, or continue moving forward if he'd like.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:42:27 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2015, 09:49:17 pm »

"What.. the.. Fark." Lucien says with a shocked tone.

"we havnt even been here a hour and you've already made enemies by the looks of it. And speaking of looks, i can change yours so he wont recognise you. But you'll owe me."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »

"Hush now, kindred." Anton says to Lucian.

Anton then quickly rushes to his brother, moving swiftly off of his horse and to his brother's side.

"Are you alright, brother?" Anton asks. "And is the girl okay?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »

Kiril pushes his brother away.  "Why aren't you chasing him?"

Carinus.  Where's Carinus?  Too much blood spent.  What happened?  Where did the other one come from? 

He looks for the girl, disregarding everyone else for now.  Is she all right?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:13 pm »

The girl (whose name no one has bothered asking for yet) seems perfectly fine, simply scared by the spectacle - particularly by the shadows, and now again Anton. It seems she is unused to Obtenebration.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:10 pm »

Heldric tuts out loud. "He used vanish from the minds eye, he knows high level obsfucate abilities." I will await you all back at the meeting point.

Heldric leaves and heads back to his carriage

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2015, 10:47:30 pm »

Lucien gets a little pissed off at being Ignored.

"you did all this, for a mortal girl you know nothing about, started a fight with another cainite. Do you even realise what rules you have broken tonigh?" he asks angrily.

"Now, let me change your appearence to keep you safe from this monster he spoke about."

And as we're likely to be working togheter since i assume all our sires wish us to be here i strongly suggest you either kill the girl or ghoul  Her. Mortals must not know of our existence."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Up