Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302794 times)

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #350 on: February 03, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »

For the first time ever, the group (Or at least those who are looking at Daniel) witnesses his everlasting smile melt into a mask of seriousness. This mask is a symbol of all the seasons that past between now and the last time he saw his sire which was when he was embraced. This seriousness is normal when a childe meets their gangrel sire for the second time; Daniel did not resent Arnulf for what he did after he heard from other gangrel that it was customary to ditch your childe after the embrace.

Daniel gives a bow of respect to the general assembly of elder vampires and then walks to his sire to stand with him as the other coterie members have done with their sires.

He gives his sire a nod of acknowledgement and then neutrally tells Arnulf, "Twenty winters."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:52:42 pm by Prince »
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 03, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »

Kiril is ecstatic at the sight of Basilio. (of course, he does his best to conceal an unseemly display of emotion.) He quickly takes his place beside Anton, ready to serve however necessary.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2015, 05:11:26 pm »

Anton and Kiril

Basilio greets both of his childer warmly.

"Anton, Kiril, it is a pleasure to see you both once more. I've owed Radu a favor for centuries now, the Prince has finally decided to call on it - both of you are to help in the task he will describe. This will make your future, my children. I have picked out your rewards myself should you succeed in this task, and they are great rewards indeed, fitting for princes." Basilio smiles at this last part, laughing at some joke only he knows of. Perhaps it would be made clear soon?

Daniel

The ancient warrior gives Daniel a good once-over - the vampire can feel his eyes running over him as the ancient evaluates his childe.

"Yes. Yes, twenty winters ago I gave you the greatest gift. You have grown into it well."

Arnulf pauses then, before continuing. His words are carefully chosen, slow and deliberate.

"I have another gift to give you now, my childe. It is nearly as great as the last one I gave you. This young Fiend, this Count Radu - he is a very skilled and powerful ally. Do not underestimate him when you meet him on your journey, he may seem affable, overly polite even. A creature of peace and cities, if you would - but in him lies a formidable Beast. You will thank me one day for these gifts I give you Daniel."

Steeple

Vladivostok does not seem pleased at Steeple's antics - though his face seems to simply be set in a permanent grim frown, so Steeple doesn't take it too personally.

"Terribly sad that man. Keeps himself so grim and angry-looking all the time to scare everyone else, can't ever let himself have some fun. Twists the soul it does. You must let the jester within yourself be free!" comments Prince Maurice.

The Malkavian speaks - "Steeple. A very good choice on your part to come here, perhaps you will prove to be greater than your foolish countenance would suggest. I expect for you to behave during your journey, you represent my interests now, any shame that falls on you will fall on me. You know, of course, how much I value image Steeple."

The message was clear - even to the mad one-armed vampire. Don't Fark up.

Heldric

The forceful Nosferatu lays a friendly hand on his childer's shoulder as he knelt.

"No need for such pleasantries Heldric. Yes, I came myself - I haven't seen you in too long, and I had business here in Transylvania. I trust everything goes well in spreading the Dream? No, don't bother, it doesn't matter. I know you have had... difficulties, but these difficulties will be overcome. You're about to get your chance Heldric, your future will be decided by what happens here today. Listen very closely to the messenger, remember what he says."

Malachite then pauses.

He then leans in, and he begins whispering into Heldric's ear so that no other (childer at least) can hear what is being said.

"You have heard that Pope Innocent has called for a fourth crusade? It bodes ill Heldric, I do not trust what is happening. You will get your reward for helping Radu here, and you will get your chance to spread the Dream, but know that I might have need of you very soon afterwards. If need be, you might even be my representative when talks are had about directing the valiant fools."

Lucien

The air seems to almost vibrate around the koldun, as if it wished to take life - or as if the power within him was so great that its presence could be physically felt.

He speaks slowly, enunciating every syllable.

"Lucien. You have served me for years, my faithful childe. When I left some few days ago, I gave you the Vovoidate for a few hours. It was wonderful, wasn't it? To hold thousands under your command, even for such a short time. To reign over a land so great that you could not see its bounds even should you climb atop the highest tower, staring across the land on the clearest day.

If you ever want to know what that was like again, listen to what this messenger has to say. My clanmate Radu has a fantastical proposition for you, and we have all agreed on your rewards."

---

As everyone was in the room a man, whom no one had noticed previously, stepped from the shadows beyond the torchlight.

This Cainite may wear civilized clothing, but he is clearly a rustic. His long legs shift restlessly as though he’d rather be moving than sitting, and his dark hair hangs in disarray down his back. At first it appears as though his eyes reflect the flame of the torches; then it becomes clear that his eyes are naturally red-stained. He bears the feral look of a Gangrel, not unlike the currently present Arnulf.

“Please enjoy yourselves. I shall tell you of my request while you dine,” says the host while raising an eyebrow.

The vampire gestures to the three stone sarcophagi. Should they investigate, the coterie find that three young girls, servants by their clothes, wait within the large stone hollow. They seem to be under compulsion to remain calm. He motions for the vampires to help them out of the sarcophagus, then commands the children to kneel before them all.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »

Heldric responds quickly and just as quietly as his Sire just did.

"It is indeed excellent to see you again and despite my difficulties so far I have increased my abilities to understand many of the local languages which I hope will be beneficial here. I will listen attentively and remember all, the dream shall be spread, as will your wishes on the matters at hand." Heldric states, affirming his desire to serve his Sire's plans.

He turns to look at the girls brought fourth by Radu and speaks loud enough for the company to hear "It is best if I feed last, I would not wish this company to be... affected." Those present should be knowledgeable enough to understand that he is referring to his curse even if they do not know exactly what it is.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »

"You are the very epitome of power sire!" Steeple relies to Vladivostok.

Then heading over to the children, Steeple remarks to Prince Maurice in a whisper, "His confidence in me is almost overwhelming!"

Looking at the girls, Steeple doesn't feel hunger. For him, this would be his third meal. He wonders how rude it would be construed not to feed.

"Aw, aren't they precious?" he asks, running his hand through their hair.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

Prince Maurice answers Steeple's mental question.

"It would be of no issue, as long as you are polite in your refusal."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2015, 06:29:02 pm »

"Yes," Steeple mumbles to himself.

Then bowing to Count Radu, Steeple asks, "I am practically bloated already from Prince Rikard's generous hospitality. And please, pardon my forwardness - but... Presuming there is anything left after my fellows. May I have one to save for later?"

"They all look so delectable!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 04, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

"I appreciate the advice, sire. One day, I'll be sure to return the favor; trust me, I won't forget." Daniel gives his sire a reassuring smile and remembers to keep his wise words in his mind until further notice.

There are a lot of powers, even beyond this room, and Radu is one of them... Always have a Plan B around people who are stronger than you when you have to deal with them. This is what Daniel interpreted as Arnulf's message. As said before, he'll be sure to keep this in mind.

After responding to Arnulf, Daniel respectfully kneels while looking up to his host and nicely says, "I had the opportunity to feed earlier this very night. I would like to give the portion you graciously intended for myself to my new friends. Sir."

OOC: Never forget the "Sir"!
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

"It was a few hours lf great satisfaction. But i crave not for land. I care not to look out to the horizon and know that all the land is mine." he replied charismaticly.

"What i care for, is the arts. The arts that came with your gift. The greatest gift one can bestow upon another." He smiled deviously. "But, i need power to practice our fine arts. To master them. I will do whatever you may ask of me sire."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »

Anton nods silently to his sire, and then bows to the rustic man upon his appearance.

"I thank you, Prince." Anton states, before commencing to feed, making sure to leave the girl with blood left in her. She should not be killed before confession.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 04, 2015, 09:09:07 pm »

Kiril follows his brother; thanking their host then feeding on a child, being sure to leave it alive.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »

Their host accepts Heldric, Daniel and Steeple's gracious refusals.

The host tells Steeple - "The girls are not mine to give."

Anton and Kiril both feed off of two of the girls - there is one left for Lucien, should he want it - and really it would be rude to not say anything regarding the matter.

As the two Lasombra feed the vampire continues, now introducing himself.

“I am Tiberiu, Count Radu Bistri's messenger. The Count has asked that you join me here so as to offer you a great opportunity.Your sires have assured the Count you will be happy to assist him and thereby secure for yourselves a comfortable future. Radu wish for you to travel to the eastern border of Hungary, to the region known as Transylvania. High in the Carpathian Mountains beyond the city of Bistritz lies a natural mountain gateway called the Tihuta Pass. As the main access to Transylvania from the East, it holds strategic importance. The Count's request to you is this: Travel to the Tihuta Pass and erect a fortress there to guard this important trade route.

The reason the Count desires this fortress' construction is rather simple. He wishes to secure his territory, fortify the pass and have a buffer between his city of Bistritz and any force seeking to enter Transylvania. His fellow princes have agreed that a fortress in the pass would be of great use. As it is a part of his holdings, the Count would also like to use the keep to collect tolls from travelling merchants for using the pass. He would, of course, allow you a certain percentage of the profits thus garnered."

Tiberiu pauses briefly, giving the Cainites just enough time to absorb what they have just been told before continuing.

“The Count is willing to advance you certain sums of money to cover the cost of hiring guards and skilled workmen, but his allies (with a quick gesture toward the sires) assure me that you have enough resourcefulness to complete the work yourselves. Since you will be taking charge of the lands and nearby villages, you may tax the peasantry and use their labor in your building as well. Luckily, the foundation is already there, as an old wooden tower once stood on the spot. You should be able to utilize the stone foundation and build upward from there. You are expected to have the first floor, at least, completed by Winter."

“There is one other small favor you can do for the Count, a matter of little import to anyone but Radu. It has been rumoured that among the ruins of the tower, there might be some old writings – documents or tablets in forgotten languages. Should you locate them, Radu desires them for his collection.

Frivolous, he know, but such pastimes often alleviate the occasional tedium of our existence. Please advise him if you find these writings and he shall send me to collect them from you. Should you hear of other such writings and learn who has them, the Count would also offer his gratitude for that information as well."

Then Tiberiu pauses again. He waits a bit longer this time, as if mulling over what he was about to say. It seems as if it's something big - he has been quite liberal in handing out information so far.

“Succeed in these tasks, and the Count and your sires shall be most pleased to offer you as candidates to rule several fiefdoms in Transylvania. Four of the seven cities known as the Siebenburgen currently lack princes. Young Cainites who prove their loyalty, intelligence and ability to rule shall find that the Count and company are not miserly in their rewards to you.”

The room falls silent. Princedoms - the chance to finally have their own domains with Radu and their sires supporting their rule - no greater offer could have been made.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:02:59 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 04, 2015, 09:59:28 pm »

A pleasing smile appeared on Luciens lips.

"And should we come across any.. Adverseries, are we free to deal with them as we see fit?" He asked, before approaching the last woman. If its a child, he'd suck her dry.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »

"If any wish to halt the Count's agents then you shall fight back, without killing them and inform him. He shall do then what he considers necessary."

It occurs to Lucien that killing one of the vessels given to them to drink would make him seem reckless, lacking in self-control and hot-headed.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:18 pm »

Anton bows, his dispassionate face revealing nothing, though of course, the reward is great. A chance to rule a fiefdom, to be allowed free reign on the punishment of sinners... The chance to truly act on his purpose with no one to hold him back... It is the ultimate reward.

"It shall be done. We shall not fail our sires." Anton replies, after finishing to feed.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:58 pm »

Alive doesnt neccessarily mean in good condition.
he thought to himself. If it is a child he will apparently not kill het but suck out enough blood to nearly incapacitate her.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 04, 2015, 10:23:28 pm »

Daniel's eyes light up with an enthusiastic light. Only the gangrel in the room can really tell whether the gleam is supernatural or not; either way, it's obvious that Daniel is absolutely loving these instructions.

After chuckling to himself for a moment as he half-thinks of all the possibilities, he straightens himself up and professionally asks Tiberiu, "Did Count Radu have any suggestions as to what he would enjoy having as part of the end result? Devil's in the fine print, after all. I'd hate to miss something that he would particularly find... prodigious."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2015, 10:35:11 pm »

"You may ask this of the Count personally - the way to Tihuta Pass requires that you pass by Bistritz, where he has invited all of you to visit before making your way to your final destination."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 04, 2015, 10:47:55 pm »

"That will be an interesting meeting. Do you have an words of advice before we meet the count other than to treat him like a prince?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 04, 2015, 11:23:21 pm »

"Be polite."

Tiberiu then looks at the childer gathered, his beast-like red eyes moving over everyone in turn.

"So it is agreed? You shall do this task that the Count has asked of you?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »

"Of course," Kiril's reply is instantaneous.  "If that is what my sire wishes, I am pleased to comply."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2015, 11:30:45 pm »

I almost said in a heartbeat... That was stupid Daniel...

"Yessir."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:32:15 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 04, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »

If Lucien is done with the girl.

"Yes"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:30 pm »

"There is no question." Anton replies.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:44 pm »

"We are offered a chance to aid a prince and build somthing lasting for our kind, there can be no questioning my willingness to aid in this." Heldric replies with his best attempt at a non-creepy smile

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2015, 08:56:44 am »

"Ooh, writings!" Steeple says with excitement as the opportunity is presented.

'Hmm... such power to gain...' Steeple thinks to himself, 'I hope it doesn't make me all stodgy and frowny-face like my own Sire...'

"I accept." Steeple says simply, once the host finishes talking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:18:57 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2015, 04:23:31 pm »

Tiberu nods, a small smile playing across his lips.

"Wonderful. Your sires have agreed to grant you each the servants sent to bring you here, they will be your personal ghouls from now on. Outside you will have a further three enclosed wagons that will host a contingent of six ghoul guardsmen and enough Librum to pay the initial costs of hiring stone masons and carpenters.

"Now, if you will excuse me, it was a long journey here from Bistritz, and I have further missives to deliver."

The gangrel departs, and everyone is left alone with their masters.

Everyone is generally given the same generic warning from their sires do not fail, for how can you ever be expected to rule a fiefdom if you cannot erect even a single tower?

Arnulf, however, tells Daniel a little something extra - "Be careful around Klausenburg."

Nothing else, no more details - and no amount of prying will get the elder gangrel to say anything else.

A discreet knock at the door announces the return of Hadel. He leads the coterie back through the tunnels and up the stairs to the alley. He then gives them a key to a house off the western edge of the market square and tells them they may stay in the cellar of that house for two nights. After that time, they are expected to be on the way to their task. They may spend the rest of the night planning and giving orders to their new servants and rest in the rooms the next day. Though they have acquired servants, guards and riches to help them in their endeavor, they all realize that those assigned to them are under Blood Oath to (and therefore loyal to) their sires.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2015, 04:37:41 pm »

"Well, we dont have all year. Lets get a move on." Lucien says, however he walks up to his sire once again. "Untill we meet again Sire. I shall not fail you." Though there was a sad look in his eyes, he did not wish to depart from his beloved sire.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:02 pm »

Heldric nods to the others "I shall greatly enjoy working with you on this task but I do not intend to bring shame on my Sire's name so I plan to be moving on this quickly and I will do everything within my power to ensure that it not only succeeds, but brings a lasting glory to our kind. I plan to begin planning tonight and leave as soon as preparations are complete." He nods to his driving girl "Takes us to the house, we have much planning to do."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2015, 06:02:33 pm »

"This is interesting... Seven months to make one tower." Daniel looks away from his thoughts and to the group before him. He smiles as says, "Let's move to the Room of Plans to get this operation in motion. Lead on."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2015, 06:53:24 pm »

"Eww, gross." Steeple remarks with distain, thinking that the fat rude driver is now supposed to be working for him.

Taking the brass key, he motions to the rest - "Come chaps, we have a castle to plan haha!"

"I don't suppose any of you is an architect?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2015, 06:53:38 pm »

Anton nods.
"We will have to work with haste. I suggest that everyone takes a source of nourishment for the trek. The prince has given us reign to feed, taking a bum from the town would certainly be proper." Anton states.

"I will see you all in the home." He says, as he reaches his carriage and broter Joseph and Fantoma.

"We will need to find a sinner, brother." Anton says to the monk.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 06, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

Kiril tries to find somewhere with a little privacy.  (If necessary, he'll use shroud of night as a wall.)

He informs Carinus and Sherazhina of their allotted task.  "Have either of you heard of Tihuta Pass?"

Kiril also writes a letter to Alec, informing him that he will be away for at least seven months, perhaps more.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2015, 04:39:10 pm »

Steeple

"Eww, gross." Steeple remarks with distain, thinking that the fat rude driver is now supposed to be working for him.

Taking the brass key, he motions to the rest - "Come chaps, we have a castle to plan haha!"

"I don't suppose any of you is an architect?"

Sylvian speaks up - "I may have some experience in architecture - I could certainly plan a rather wondrous fortress for the Count."

Anton

Anton nods.
"We will have to work with haste. I suggest that everyone takes a source of nourishment for the trek. The prince has given us reign to feed, taking a bum from the town would certainly be proper." Anton states.

"I will see you all in the home." He says, as he reaches his carriage and brother Joseph and Fantoma.

"We will need to find a sinner, brother." Anton says to the monk.

"Yes brother Anton. Where shall we search?" the monk asks.

Kiril

Kiril tries to find somewhere with a little privacy.  (If necessary, he'll use shroud of night as a wall.)

He informs Carinus and Sherazhina of their allotted task.  "Have either of you heard of Tihuta Pass?"

Kiril also writes a letter to Alec, informing him that he will be away for at least seven months, perhaps more.

Carinus replies - "I believe I may have heard of it, it is a strategically important pass to the east that leads into our Transylvania."

Sherazhina then replies - "Yes, in the pass are the ruins of an ancestral family keep. It was mostly made of wood and the tower burned down, only the foundations and cellar were left intact. I visited there once with my brother, Dragomir."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2015, 04:40:05 pm »

Kiril

Carinus replies - "I believe I may have heard of it, it is a strategically important pass to the east that leads into our Transylvania."

Sherazhina then replies - "Yes, in the pass are the ruins of an ancestral family keep. It was mostly made of wood and the tower burned down, only the foundations and cellar were left intact. I visited there once with my brother, Dragomir."

"Was it in ruins when you visited it?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

She shakes her head.

"No, the keep was intact then."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:47 pm »

"Yes brother Anton. Where shall we search?" the monk asks.

"One of the slavers would be an optimum choice. No one will miss him when he is gone, and he will most certainly be filled with sin." Anton states.

"We will have to find where the men stay at night, however."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2015, 04:49:01 pm »

"In houses of sin no doubt, brother. We passed many taverns on the way here", the monk says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2015, 04:52:50 pm »

"In houses of sin no doubt, brother. We passed many taverns on the way here", the monk says.

Anton nods.
"We have been given permission by the prince to feed, but not to make a holy reckoning. We must be subtle. We will need to abduct the sinners. Find me where they left the slaves." Anton states, knowing that the slavers most likely sleep near where their merchandise lies.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2015, 04:58:58 pm »

Heldric heads right to the house they have been assigned an waits for others arrivals to plan out their next move, he questions his driver on the way.

"So my dear, you have been assigned to aid me in my task, have you ever been to the region around the Tihuta pass?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 06, 2015, 05:02:29 pm »

Heldric

The girl nods.

"I went through it to get to you, master Heldric."

Anton

"Of course brother. Will you be coming with me?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 06, 2015, 05:08:34 pm »

"Ah excellent, I will be relying on your knowledge of the region then. I presume you will be able to tell us about the nearest large city to the pass where we can use our funds to hire workers of repute and the best villages close by for recruiting the less skilled labor? Also what state was the basement and foundation in when you passed through, un-touched by the fire, crumbling, home to a den of thieves?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 06, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »

"I'm not familiar with the region, lord Heldric. I was too busy hurrying to you - I did pass by Bistritz and Klausenburg on the way here though. There were some small villages I think you could hire some workers from.

I think I passed by some crumbling old ruins, I can't be sure. It's been several months since I passed by."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 06, 2015, 05:18:23 pm »

She shakes her head.

"No, the keep was intact then."

hmm
He describes the documents the princes servant inquired about.
"Do you recall anything like that from your visit?
What happened to the keep, why did it burn down?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 06, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

Heldric

The girl then adds, after looking over the group - "You might all be able to make it there in three weeks, if you all move as quickly as possible - but that's assuming no delays, and I think the architect might slow you down. Besides, the snow will still be blocking the mountain passes you need to go through for at least three weeks, if not more, so moving that fast or faster would be a waste."

Kiril

"There was a library in the basement, it might have been untouched by the fires, though I don't think many of the books will be in good condition by now.

Accidental fire."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 06, 2015, 05:23:14 pm »

Heldric

The girl then adds, after looking over the group - "You might all be able to make it there in three weeks, if you all move as quickly as possible - but that's assuming no delays, and I think the architect might slow you down. Besides, the snow will still be blocking the mountain passes you need to go through for at least three weeks, if not more, so moving that fast or faster would be a waste."

Heldric thinks for a moment. "This is acceptable, let us say we need a months travel time then. We can try and hire a proper architect here if none in our party has experience and if we cannot find one here we could send messengers out ahead to have one meet us from the other side of the pass in a months time. Let us wait for all to be gathered and we can discuss it then."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 06, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »

"I love it when everything starts to come together."

As Daniel watches everyone formulate a plan, he decides to quickly go fetch his brothers from bar in which he was told that they'd be in. He'll hopefully move quickly enough to get them before everyone is gone.

Before he leaves, he passes Lucien and swiftly tells him, "I'm going to fetch my ghouls. I'll be back shortly."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 06, 2015, 06:23:28 pm »

"Well, we certainly can't rebuild our fortress with wood," Steeple says to whoever is listening, "It must be a monument of pure stone - a 'masterpiece' if you will!"

"And I'm sure with the resources the Count is providing and those of my own, we can make a truly fearsome citadel."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 06, 2015, 06:35:59 pm »

"Well, we certainly can't rebuild our fortress with wood," Steeple says to whoever is listening, "It must be a monument of pure stone - a 'masterpiece' if you will!"

"And I'm sure with the resources the Count is providing and those of my own, we can make a truly fearsome citadel."

Heldric Nods "We will want a stone construction, however the pass can be controlled fully and quickly with a simple wooden palisade wall and gates. This would make it easier for our ghoul guards to watch the construction area. We can then concentrate on teh stone construction in relative safety, upgrading the walls after the keep is complete.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2015, 06:36:54 pm »

Steeple

Sylvian comments on this.

"It will be a work of art as much as a bastion of defence. As beautiful as it shall be practical - it might include some wood but stone will feature more than anything."

"I love it when everything starts to come together."

As Daniel watches everyone formulate a plan, he decides to quickly go fetch his brothers from bar in which he was told that they'd be in. He'll hopefully move quickly enough to get them before everyone is gone.

Before he leaves, he passes Lucien and swiftly tells him, "I'm going to fetch my ghouls. I'll be back shortly."

Leaving the rest of the group, the Gangrel goes to The House of the Red Hedgehog - where his brothers and the servant who had been sent to bring him to Buda-Pest were out enjoying themselves on the Prince's hospitality.

Arriving at the bustling building, gangrel searches the crowd of well-dressed noblemen and rich merchants to find his shabbily dressed brothers and the wild-looking Mordecai. Vincent and Mordecai are both loudly laughing at something or another that Wilhelm has just said, smashing their tankards against their table when Wilhelm looks up to see Daniel. He says something quietly and the two both clamor down, looking expectantly at their master.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 22   Go Up