Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302800 times)

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #450 on: February 08, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »

Daniel nudges Sylvain and discretely asks him, "My ghouls aren't doing well over there. Do you think that you can help?"
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 09, 2015, 07:33:23 am »

"I do feel a bit discriminated against," Steeple remarks to the group.

"Excuse me, while I go see if the church will offer us sanctuary for the evening..."

With that, Steeple removes himself from the inn and directs his herd to take his wagons aside.

Steeple then uses Obfuscate to creep over to the church, where he activates the Wooden Tongue to ask the building what's inside...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:36:03 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 09, 2015, 04:20:21 pm »

“Excuse me! But my man asked for food and rest, and you shall give it to him.” Sylvian says, commandingly.

His eyes darken as the beast bucked again at the chains he so carefully held in place, since he’d begun this journey it had been far too aggressive. he was not about to let it free now.

The coterie hears movement behind them, chairs being pushed back, footsteps coming closer….

“My lord.” It was Odi, gently drawing his attention with a touch of his hand. Should the group turn they would see that the men, maybe a dozen strong, were standing. Poised for a fight. Some had weapons. One had taken a torch from the wall. Something wasn’t right.

Carinus moves closer to Kiril and suggests softly - "Perhaps I should discuss the situation with the barkeep?"

Steeple

Having quite rightly left the tavern, Steeple approaches the church. He hears the gentle whisper of far away voices through the walls - perhaps brother Joseph and whomever he was sent to ask questions to?

Approaching the building itself, he tries to glean who has been inside of it.

He sees crisp, clean images of a short, balding friar and a large number of townsman - perhaps half the population of the city, maybe a bit less.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 09, 2015, 04:36:22 pm »

Kiril nods.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:37 pm »

Lucien activates heightened hearing, he wanted to know if any of the townsmen were whispering around their back.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 09, 2015, 05:28:58 pm »

Daniel tries to appear defeated and leaves the tavern while whispering to Wilhelm, "I'll be back in a moment."
If he gets outside without a hassle, Daniel will try to find a spot where he won't be seen so that he can change his appearance. Now that his current face is being associated with the group, he'll have to change it.

OOC: Can I look like this?  ;D
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/2200000/Aragorn-screencaps-viggo-mortensen-2256978-960-404.jpg
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 09, 2015, 06:20:11 pm »

Heldric defiantly does not want tobe embroiled in a fight right now. He also sees about exiting.

"As I am not welcome here, I also shall heed the warning and depart for now." He carefully heads outside, then when unseen uses obs to change appearance then to become unseen and carefully edges inside the in. Again, careful to avoid contact and not get between the others and the humans.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 09, 2015, 09:02:11 pm »

"I agree with you Heldric." He exits and does the same thing Daniel did, except he'll go for Legolas.

Both femine and Masculine.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2015, 06:42:39 am »

Steeple Heightens his hearing and sneaks close enough to listen into the conversation going on inside the church.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:33 pm »

Carinus moves in front of Sylvian, cooly staring down the barkeeper, not looking behind him at the massed men.

“You will at least give our horses feed and water before we go. You have one hour.” He commanded.

The man’s fierce eyes dulled as Carinus' will overwhelmed his. He would do his bidding, no matter what he wanted. No one would die... at least not yet.

While this happens, Heldric, who was invisible before now chooses to randomnly make himself visible and declare himself leaving - scaring the hell out of everyone suspiciously announces that he is leaving the tavern, along with Daniel and Lucien.

Outside, the two fleshcrafters pointlessly begin altering their appearances.

Steeple

OOC: I was already going to give the full scene to Aman, so i'll just give you the same - even if you would arrive later.

Joseph found himself within the church. The wreck of a chapel was manned by a single friar and Joseph could tell by looking at him that he was a tired man.

“Good evening, friar” – Joseph, whispering

“Greetings, brother.” – The Friar

“I am Brother Joseph; I hail from the Tyniec Abbey, and am on pilgrimage, I was wondering if there was a place that my brothers and I might rest our heads.” – Joseph

“I am sorry, no. We are a small parish with only a single priest, and we share him with two other towns nearby. He sleeps on a cot in the back. Indeed, I am here only temporarily to keep the doors open while he is away. I am Brother Tybald.” - The Friar

“Ah well, I understand. It must be very difficult to keep the flock’s attention when you can pay so little.” – Joseph

“Indeed, but these folk are an exclusive lot. They keep their own council for the most part. We give service twice a week and are lucky to see half the populace between the two. Though it is hard to speak of a savior in abstract when they have one of their own who is all to present and real in their lives, even if he is just an old legend.” – Tybald

“How so, are they pagan?” – Joseph

“Oh no, it’s more superstition than worship. They claim that one of their own protects them from the darkness beyond these walls. They say he was a great hunter from their great-grandfather’s time, they feared the night in a way that we fear hell itself, but that this hunter, he drove back the darkness. He crafted 13 arrows, with which to slay that which terrorized Napoca, and with three he struck out, slaying the darkness that ruled the city. Saint Mitru they call him, slayer of darkness, they say that even after he died God gave him the task of protecting the town from the devil’s children… who’s to say its not true?” – Tybalt explained.

“Who, indeed?” – Joseph.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

Anton nods, and whispers to Kiril.
"I assume your servant has everything under control, yes?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:23 pm »

"Huh, thank goodness the Priest is out of town!" Steeple mumbles to himself, while listening. "Wonder what this protector thing is, though..."

"Oh well, when the Priest's away, the Vamps will play!" Steeple chuckles as he attempts to slip into the church for a look around - especially in the 'back room'...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:39:37 pm by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 10, 2015, 06:40:29 pm »

"Yes, curious." Prince Maurice comments.

"No doubt just some fanciful legend. We haven't encountered anything yet after all, and we've been in Napoca for quite a while!"

There isn't really a way into the church other than through the front - the place may be in terrible condition but it is still intact.

He could quite easily wait for brother Joseph (who is going to leave now) to get out and then slip in through the doors, however.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:42:21 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:22 pm »

"Hmm, I wonder when BroJoeJoe is coming out." Steeple muses, waiting at the door for a chance to slip in.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »

A Steeple muses, the monk opens the church doors- the old wooden doors creak open on rusty hinges and the deft Malkavian manages to slip in unnoticed before they close.

He is left alone in the church with the friar, unnoticed.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:15 pm »

Anton nods, and whispers to Kiril.
"I assume your servant has everything under control, yes?"

"Are we staying here or not?" Kiril quietly replies.  "Why did everyone else leave?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 10, 2015, 07:21:04 pm »

Inside the church, Steeple searches around for anything indicative of the state of the town - or clues to the nature of the 'protector' - or anything unusual or just plain nifty.

He'll be careful to stay out of the friar's way and will try to get into the 'back room' for an extra inquisitive search.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2015, 07:35:29 pm »

There isn't much - the church is not a rich church, there are no resplendent trappings or golden crosses. Searching about Steeple finds a large bible written in a language he cannot read (latin most likely), various robes (some priestly, some monk's robes), writing equipment - likely the friar and the priest's, some holy water (though a quick test confirms that it isn't all too potent, it makes him rather uncomfortable, and he doesn't really feel like he should bring it with him).

Steeple finds nothing of great interest, unusualness or niftiness.

However, upon entering the backroom, the malkavian is instantly confronted with a massive wooden cross... which he promptly ignores, controlling his fear epically well.

He continues searching, but finds that there is an unfortunate lack of secret basements.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »

A little disappointed, Steeple leaves the back room and waits for an opportunity to sneak back out of the church to rejoin the Coterie.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

Soon enough, another supplicant comes to the church and the friar opens the door - Steeple escapes once more unseen.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 10, 2015, 07:49:06 pm »

"Are we staying here or not?" Kiril quietly replies.  "Why did everyone else leave?"
"I do not know. Perhaps they fear these mortals." Anton replies quietly with a shrug. "As for what we must do, I feel it may be best to know what Brother Joseph has learnt. If Christ is powerful in this village, we will want to leave swiftly."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:11 pm »

Should Anton turn and look at the entrance, he will see Brother Joseph waiting - clearly the monk does not want to interrupt what is happening right now.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »

Heldric ensures that he is invisible again and begins looking for a lone human who he can approach without anyone else witnessing the event.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2015, 07:59:28 pm »

Should Anton turn and look at the entrance, he will see Brother Joseph waiting - clearly the monk does not want to interrupt what is happening right now.
Seeing his monk-ghoul, Anton nods.
"Brother, if you can, get your servant to set us up for the whole night, for now." Anton states. "Then we'll see the situation with the Church nearby."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »

It's late at night - the city market is closed, most everyone is at home sleeping or at the inn he'd just left. Invisibly prowling the streets, the Nosferatu searches for another victim to add to his many.

Tonight the victim would be a young girl, having not yet reached full womanhood. Evidently even in a village such as this the oldest profession had its practitioners. She’d caught his eye within minutes of leaving the inn, and yet (if he chooses to continue his hunt) it takes him a full hour before he is able to catch her truly alone.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »

"All right.  Carinus, we want to stay this night, and tomorrow through the day as well."

Kiril turns to his brother.  "The servants can rest for now, while we remain alert; during the day, they can protect us.  If danger awaits us in the woods outside the town, better to face it in darkness, don't you agree?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10:50 pm »

Anton nods.
"Yes, that would be best. And we can always leave ahead of schedule." Anton states.

"Now let us go greet brother Joseph." Anton then states, as he starts to walk through the crowd to the weary monk.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:04 pm »

Once arriving, Joseph tells Anton of what he heard (See the encounter as given to Steeple).

"I would advise leaving this place as soon as possible brother Anton. From what I just saw you are not wanted here, and who can know what dangers will visit us as you sleep?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2015, 08:26:26 pm »

Upon having his appearance successfully changed, Daniel tells Lucien, "We should go in at different times."

Then, he enters the tavern once again as unsuspiciously as possible... Hoping to whichever deity is out there that they take him for another token towns person.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:49 pm »

Once arriving, Joseph tells Anton of what he heard (See the encounter as given to Steeple).

"I would advise leaving this place as soon as possible brother Anton. From what I just saw you are not wanted here, and who can know what dangers will visit us as you sleep?"

Anton nods.
"The problem with that, Brother, is that we leave this place with no Christ. The church is half deserted, brother, due to this 'hero', the townsfolk believe in. Even if they are believers in Christ, this weakness their belief."

"We will have to discuss this with the group, but I live for the word of Christ, and this is a problem that must be handled...." Anton mutters, and then shakes his head.

"But not now. The greater good must be served first. If we waste time saving the few in this barren city, then we may fail in gaining a full city to save." Anton states.

"Kiril, I do not believe we should stay. We must return, but not now."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:34:28 pm by Aman »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:26 pm »

Lucien really just wanted a reason to use Viccissitude. He doesnt give 2 craps about the townsmen.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39:06 pm »

Upon having his appearance successfully changed, Daniel tells Lucien, "We should go in at different times."

Then, he enters the tavern once again as unsuspiciously as possible... Hoping to whichever deity is out there that they take him for another token towns person.

Nope.

He receives the same hostile looks that the other travelers received, he will not be accepted as one of them it seems.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:07 pm »

"And what about our servants, who need to rest, brother?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »

"And what about our servants, who need to rest, brother?"
"This place is not the place for rest, brother. It is a Place for reckoning."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »

Lucien walks in shortly after Daniel, but he will use his Viccistude to fake having a beating heart.

if his suspicions is true... these we're no mortal men. No mortal would stand up to them. Before Lucien walks in though, he will tell Ennius "I think we're dealing with wolfs."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2015, 08:57:25 pm »

Lucien might be surprised to find that you cannot, in fact, fake a heartbeat with vicissitude. You can by spending blood though!

Still the hostile looks.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

"Well, hell." Thinks Daniel. "I guess I'll just shut up and wait outside while the actual speakers of the group try to do something."

Daniel heads back outside disappointingly. He also takes his ghouls with him; just to assure they know that it's him, he whispers to them about an event that happened in their childhood to prove it.

He asks his ghouls, "Do you think that they're more than kine? I've got a feeling but I'd like your opinions first."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2015, 09:12:43 pm »

Vincent: "Nawp"

Wilhelm: "I doubt they are supernatural in nature, Carinus should have been unable to so easily Dominate the inkeeper if this were the case."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 10, 2015, 09:18:57 pm »

He inquires to Wilhelm, "Any idea why they knew to fear us so much? If this can add to your deductions, Arnulf told me to be careful in this city but he didn't say why."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 10, 2015, 09:20:23 pm »

Wilhelm continues - "They know you are vampires brother, many we have crossed are very easily aware as to your nature."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2015, 09:21:58 pm »

bah, meesly sheep. Lucien thought to himself while going back outside.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2015, 09:26:58 pm »

"Any thoughts on where else I can get you some rest? Because if we can't get compliance here, we'll have to trek further."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:38:05 pm by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2015, 10:14:30 pm »

"Better to rest later than rest once and never again." Wilhelm says, quite simply.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2015, 10:16:40 pm »

"Good point." Agrees Daniel.

Daniel returns his face to normal after he hides it first. Then, he returns into the tavern and tells the coterie, "I think we should cut our losses and go to the next town. Regardless of their reasoning, if they're going to put up a fuss about letting us stay, can we really assure we'd sleep safely under their watch?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:09 am »

Steeple tells his herd to ready themselves to ride on. Then moving to the other wagons, he tells all of the Coterie's servants and ghouls - "Tell your masters that this dump is protected by a vampire slaying arrow god of some kind and he's waiting for us all to fall asleep before killing the lot."

"We need to leave immediately, or face him in his own domain on his own timeline. I'll be waiting at the town gate, if they think it wise to follow. Otherwise, I set off on my own in one hour."

With that, Steeple hops onto his wagon and rides to the town gate. There, he'll wait for the rest of the Coterie (unless they don't show).

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2015, 08:27:39 am »

To the coterie, Daniel says, "Well! That's all I needed to hear. We should be off."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:17 pm »

Heldric watches the girl for a time while he decides. "Too young and already downtrodden" He thinks to himself. "Not worth it tonight" He finally decides before heading back to his carriage and companions. He had been planning to intimidate her and gain information about the city and their hostility and confidence but her age and social standing finally made him decide it was not worth her death just for the information, he cannot touch without most likely killing after all and the Nosferatu often have soft spots for those in the worst situations.

He keeps his invisibility in place and heads back as quickly as possible, there is no telling the trouble that might have started in his absence.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2015, 04:55:42 pm »

Anton nods, and heads back with Brother Joseph to the carriages.
"Come brother, we must go." he says to his actual brother.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:41 pm »

Having thus made their decisions, the vampires left Klausenburg, grateful (or perhaps saddened) that no blood had been shed.

Yet the night was still young...

Sylvian had begun riding ahead of the group with his ghoul Aldric.

Anton and Daniel were both being cautious, it was not often that they traveled through the night and the stories of this hunter had made both Cainites weary.

Anton was back with the caravan, manning the lead wagon, his "senses" strained for anything out of the ordinary. Daniel and Lucien had mentioned Lupines being fond of the region and Brother Joseph's tale of St. Mitru had gotten him more than a little nervous. Alongside him Fantoma moved tirelessly, the immense dark beast moving with practiced ease through the unforgiving forest path. The mercenary ghouls for their part were still marching strong, no doubt partly due to the blood of Caine flowing through their still beating hearts.

They’d been travelling for two hours and according to the barkeep the forest’s edge was not too far off, beyond which was a town that would have lodgings.

Something was most definitely not right.

It was Aldric who caught wind of the ambush. The sound of creaking was too constant. Too well patterned to be natural…unfortunately there was only one thing he could do before the attack began.

“HELP!!!” – Aldric cried.

Before he could even stop screaming an arrow embedded itself in his chest. He shifts momentarily around in his saddle, looking about confused, before slumping and falling off his horse onto the muddy earth below.

Dozens of arrows cut a dangerous path through the air, following closely behind the one that had silenced Aldric. Sylvian - forewarned by his ghoul - dives off of his horse and lets it take several deadly arrows in his place.

Anton also takes the brunt of a volley, three arrows tearing through his armour and piercing his dead flesh, with Ennius riding outside next to Lucien's wagon taking another four. Unlike Anton, Ennius seems entirely unaffected by the volley.

Three mercenaries went down in the initial volley, two wounded badly, one dead. Of the three that remained standing not a one went unscathed.

None can truly see the attackers in the darkness, but shadowy figures are still visible in the forest surrounding them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:39:06 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »

OOC; you farker. Poor Aldric, we are screwed without him.  :'(

Anton grunts as he quickly attempts to heal his wounds, while slowly adjusting his sight to see the fools who dare Attack them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up