Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302788 times)

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #550 on: February 22, 2015, 12:09:53 am »

Since he's not much of a speaker, Daniel goes to the corpses of the attack. He can work with this. He asks Vince, "How would you feel about carrying a bit more muscle on your bones?"
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:13 am »

A Byzantine?  Here?!

Kiril, despite his love of all things from Constantinople, doesn't want to speak with the aristocrat.   It's humiliating to be so apparently helpless.   

Still, they'll have to share Vykos's wagon for the trip to Bistriz, apparently.  And Kiril desperately needs blood- repairing the bowman's attack has severely depleted him.

The Bulgarian steps forward and bows politely.  "A pleasure to meet you, Lord Vykos. We would be honored to accept your invitation."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 22, 2015, 10:37:13 am »

With Nadia, Steep Replies, "I am, if you accept my offer."

Then with a more serious tone he adds, "But what I offer is not without a price; though you are familiar with my daily 'requirements'."

Back to his more jovial tone, he finishes - "But imagine all the adventures we'll have, haha!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2015, 11:40:41 am »

Myca returns Kiril's bow as well, before motioning to the sergeant who headed his troops.

"Sergeant, have what men are not tired or injured from the combat line themselves up for our guests, they must be hungry after the combat they've just endured."

12 of the men get down on their knees in a straight line an move their heads to the left, baring their necks to the vampires. Should anyone need to feed, they can do so.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

The maid spends some time thinking to herself.

"I..."

She takes a deep breath, as if steeling herself for what she was about to say.

"I think... I'm ready Steeple. Yes. My answer is yes."

---

Vincent answers Daniel - "I definitely wouldn't mind something like that."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 22, 2015, 11:54:22 am »

Kiril will feed, it would be rude to spurn Myca's generosity.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 22, 2015, 12:24:23 pm »

Steeple Ghouls Nadia, then gives her a hug.

"Welcome to the grand adventure!" he says, leading her to the lord's wagon.

When he sees the sustenance being offered, he hurries to replenish himself!

Once done, he turns to Heldric and offers - "Heldric my friend, you are welcome to use my carriage to transport your pet and anything else that you might want to keep separate from the rest of us."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:36:54 pm by BerkaZerka »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 22, 2015, 01:46:09 pm »

"Let's get to it." Says Daniel with a grin.

Daniel will attempt to Bonecraft some knuckle-knobs onto Vince's main hand (Right if he's ambidextrous) using materials from dead ghouls.

Daniel will also feed his ghouls if they're drained from the fight with his own blood. Then, he'll fill himself up with what Mycs is offering.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

"Ennius, feed." He tells his servamt he then feeds himself, claiming 4 blood points for himself.

He will then go and watch Daniels bonecraftikg with great interest.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 22, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »

Heldric nods his thanks for the offer of food "my thanks for the offer but I am not so depleted, I fed as you arrived."

Then to Steeple "And my thanks to you, Mr. Whitey can be enjoyable company indeed however he is not made for long walks."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 22, 2015, 08:52:49 pm »

Anton nods.
"Thank you, Lord Vykos." Anton states, as he feeds a bit and heals his wounds.

"As my companions have said, we are on a mission for Lord Radu. We are fortunate to meet another of his allies."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 22, 2015, 09:49:35 pm »

Daniel does so, attaching the dead bone to Vince's right hand.

Of course, it'll just rot off in less than a week or so, and will probably rip off in an actual fight but Vince doesn't have to know about that just yet...

The vampires all drink their fill, and then prepare to continue their voyage.

It took more than an hour for them to salvage three wagons. Though they’d lost all of their money, half their party and a great deal of their own possessions, they made their way east in the company of the fiend…

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 22, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »

May 6, 1198, 1:38am
The Road to Castle Bistritz
The Domain of Count Radu Bistri, Prince of Bistritz

The road east had been long. Their caravan broken, the cotterie spent many nights watching for another attack, while Sylvian spent a great deal of time in polite conversation with Vykos.

For his part, Vykos had been very patient with the Coterie. When they reached the next town on their journey he paid for their retinue’s treatments and even for a few repairs to one of the wagons. He even offered to purchase them new clothing for the trip - though the new accoutrements were of notably lesser quality than some of the higher-born in the group were used to.

It had been a full week since they’d been driven from Klausenberg. They'd passed through the city of Bistritz itself as while Count Radu, a rare Tzimisce who’d abandoned the Voivodate for the western Council of Ashes, did not abide the presence of unknown Cainites within his city’s walls, he'd already invited them to his lands.

Three miles from the Count’s lair a raven flew into the wagon, alighting on Vykos’ shoulder. He pet the thing softly and whispered to it, listened as if hearing a response, and whispered again. Joseph watched, fascinated, before the bird took off again, no doubt to return to the Count.

“The Count is aware of our arrival and will greet us personally.” – Myka Vykos.

“How did you do that?” – Brother Joseph

“It is not so different from the way in which you can command men to do your bidding, I am sure” - Vykos

When they arrived the gate was open, allowing them to drive straight on to the castle itself. As the wagon reached the massive doors they opened as if of their own will, letting the light from within bathe the vampires as they stepped out.

Two men stepped forward, one a few steps behind the other. The first man was thin and richly dressed; his tunic made of some fine red fabric that was most likely silk. He was in his middle years; his gray hair was short and curled. Over his shoulders was a thick fur lined cloak, as if to keep him warm on the crisp spring night. At his side was a mastiff of incredible size which sat patiently, looking up lovingly at him.

This was Count Radu.

“Welcome to my home, weary travelers, I know you must be exhausted. Please, enter freely and of your own will. You are my guests and shall be treated as kings. Tiberiu will see to your belongings.”

Radu bowed deeply as he spoke - well-mannered even to his underlings.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you all, and in such prestigious company no less."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:58:29 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 22, 2015, 10:11:57 pm »

Heldric steps out and simply bows to the count to show respect.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 22, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

Daniel makes a simple but respectful bow; he gestures to his ghouls to do as he does if they are with him.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:10 pm »

Radu.. Radu... where have i heard that name before... oh well, i guess it doesnt matter Lucien thought to himself.

He bowed to Radu, slightly deeper than Radu bowed.

"My name is Lucian, childer of Sandor, Vovoide of Arad."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 23, 2015, 07:47:36 am »

"Steeple Carson Olof Trevesky the Fourth at your Service," Steeple bows with his usual flourish.

"What an absolutely magnificent beast!" he then marvels aloud, seeing the huge mastiff.

"Where can I acquire one, even half as spectacular as this?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 23, 2015, 09:04:25 am »

"Steeple Carson Olof Trevesky the Fourth at your Service," Steeple bows with his usual flourish.

"What an absolutely magnificent beast!" he then marvels aloud, seeing the huge mastiff.

"Where can I acquire one, even half as spectacular as this?"

Upon hearing Steeple say this, Daniel immediately walks to the other side of the group away from Steeple.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 23, 2015, 11:39:10 am »

Anton bows as is customary.
"Our task seems to have pleased the Almighty one, as he had seen fit to be assisted by Lord Myca on our way, Count." Anton states.
"I am Anton Petrov Veranin, childer of Basilio, Prince of Sofia."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:13 pm »

"Kiril Petrov Veranin, also Basilio's child."
Kiril bows.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 23, 2015, 11:47:25 pm »

The Count accepts Steeple's compliment graciously - "I am sure some of my clanmates could provide you with some of their own work for the right price. Or you could learn the art of fleshcrafting yourself."

"You know, I think the rude chap would look very nice as a dog." - Prince Maurice.

Radu then looks to Vykos and embraces him as he would a long lost kinsman. Laughing, he leads the troupe into his great-room, a massive chamber with a large fireplace recessed within the far wall. The fire within was massive, heating the vampires' skin from even this distance. As he bade them all sit another servant appeared, offering each a flute of warm blood.

“Please, drink, it is an exquisite vintage. A mortal girl not yet sixteen and still as chaste as the day she was born.” – Radu

Ennius and Andreas accept, Andreas gleefully swallowing the whole of it in a single swig.

“How have your travels been? I see that your caravan seems to be much smaller than I was told it would be.” – Radu
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:53:26 pm by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:21 am »

Steeple hurries to slam back the flute of blood.

"Our travels were not without adversity," he replies to the Count, "The Prince Mitruu ambushed us as we passed through his domain and most spitefully set all the libram alight! It was almost as if he knew ahead of time exactly which wagon it was in - his spies must be everywhere! They seem to oppose the prospects of us completing our mission."

"Also, hearty thanks to Lord Vykos for happening along when he did to send Mitruu packing!"

"But we won't be stopped!" Steeple continues, "I've already send to have my own personal resources brought to bare in the matter."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:14:45 am by BerkaZerka »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »

Heldric accepts the blood chalice and considers for a moment "16 is young, but not too young and I am not feeding from her, the blood is drawn already. I cannot be rude again so this time I drink" He nods to himself then drinks, it is better to be polite to the count after all.

Hearing Steeples description of the fires he adds "I had assumed that there would be remains of our supplies but there were none, as if the fire was not ordinary or things had been stolen during the fighting. Luckily we did have some contingency plans and Lord Vykos' arrival was timely."

He then retreats, wishing others to take up the conversation while be observes.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 24, 2015, 03:06:25 pm »

“Truly? Few have ever faced the Prince of Napoca and survived. You must be truly crafty to withstand Mitru’s arrows at all,” the fiend says, seemingly rather impressed.

"It was rather careless of you to lose all of the librum, of course."

Sylvian freezes at this - then resumes drinking, seemingly calm. Though his small gaff did not go unnoticed, no one makes any mention of it.

"It is good that you will find the rest of the funds yourselves, I've provided more than enough myself. However, I can assist you in some other way - surely you have all heard of Zelios, the architect?"

Every Cainite in the room had heard Master Zelios' name uttered. The master mason was a famed Nosferatu architect who had been responsible for the construction almost every single castle and vampiric haven in the Transylvanian region. His skills and services were widely known among the Cainites of Hungary, and oftentimes beyond.

Continuing, the Count says - "When he can be located he will be sent to the pass to help you in the building effort."

The two fiends then look to one another knowingly and Radu bows to his guests.

“Sadly, I must take my leave, as I have pressing matters to discuss with my Byzantine cousin, but I want that, since you are to build a fortification in Tihuta Pass, you’d like to have a tour of my own castle. It was crafted by the Master Zelios himself. Tiberiu will show you about.”

The Gangrel uncloaks himself from where he had been hiding nearby, and, revealing his feral visage to the others, steps into the room. Radu and Vykos slip through another set of doors that lead into the interior of the Castle.

Tiberiu bowed uncomfortably.

“Please, Lords, follow me.” – Tiberiu.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 24, 2015, 04:51:44 pm »

Daniel quickly gulps down the chalice of blood that was given and ponders where is really came from; you can never be too careful these nights. Other than that, he says nothing. He will remain quiet until further notice because when you're in the house of a Prince... There are opportunities. Now is not the time to draw attention.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 24, 2015, 05:14:58 pm »

She must have been an unattractive girl thinks Kiril, finishing his own glass of blood.  He doesn't particularly care about the castle, but all information is good information to have.  He'll follow Tiberiu around and see what can be learned.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 24, 2015, 05:53:22 pm »

"Ooh, we get a tour!" Steeple beams, taking some parchment and a quill from his supplies to take notes.

Anyone looking at them, would see spiraling doodles and other incomprehensible nonsense and the word 'Sconces' underlined many many more times than practically necessary...

"SCONCES!" Steeple can't help but gasp loudly in awe, every time he sees one.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 24, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »

Anton drinks the flute, though the taste is foul in his mouth. The blood of the chaste shouldn't be used for servants of darkness.

He then follows Tiberius, not really caring about the architecture, but it would be helpful to learn about the Nosferatu architect.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 24, 2015, 06:13:13 pm »

Heldric smiles politely and follows "A Nosferatu involved in planning another important building, excellent. I will have to keep an eye out for additions that are added for our clans benefit."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:54 pm »

Lucien eyes Steeple. "Will you please shut up?" He asked politly.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:29 pm »

Steeple regards Lucian's politely rude request.

Then taking a moment to draw Lucian's portrait, Steeple nods and shows it to Lucien.

It depicts a long-haired stick figure with a huge frown and crying giant tears.

"See?" Steeple points to the portrait, "NO SCONCES FOR YOU!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 24, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »

"Let me at him!" Prince Maurice cries, trying to goad Steeple into action.

"I'll show him the way of the true gentleman!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 24, 2015, 07:57:47 pm »

"A lack of proper sconcing is penance enough," Steeple replies to Prince Maurice.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »

Lucien slowly shakes his head while mumbling "Malkavians."

He will spend the rest of the tour looking for interesting insights in castle building.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 24, 2015, 09:47:35 pm »

Lucien slowly shakes his head while mumbling "Malkavians."

He will spend the rest of the tour looking for interesting insights in castle building.

Daniel nudges Lucien and whispers, "I suspect he wants me to be his puppy. Can I stay with you for now?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 25, 2015, 12:33:01 am »

"As long as you dont draw me as a stick figure." Lucien whispered back. "So, what are your thoughts on the fleshcrafted puppy?" He asked in a genuinely interested tone.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2015, 08:09:24 am »

"I find that it would have made an interesting walrus." Daniel replies in a joking tone. "I want to give it tusks!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2015, 08:33:19 am »

"Can you turn Barabus into a Mastiff too?" Steeple asks in awe, coming out of nowhere from behind the two Kindred to butt-in over their shoulders...

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2015, 12:08:33 pm »

Heldric stays a respectful distance from them for now, not far enough to be rude and not close enough to be involved. He is busy looking for secrets that his clan-mate might have left.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »

"Can you turn Barabus into a Mastiff too?" Steeple asks in awe, coming out of nowhere from behind the two Kindred to butt-in over their shoulders...

Daniel's eyes turn into dinner plates with shock and then gives Steeple an irritated look.

"Yes. We can turn Barabus into a mastiff. Or a walrus."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »

"Hmm..." Steeple replies skeptically, "A walrus seems like it would be pretty hard to pull off..."

"Tell you what," he goes on, "I'll bet Barabus to whoever can change him first - Mastiff Hound or Walruss! Winner take all!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2015, 01:12:15 pm »

Barabus, who is not hearing any of this, continues following the group.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 25, 2015, 01:14:07 pm »

While all of them had recognized the name Zelios, it was only Sylvian who seemed to be affected by it. He studied every mural, every stone and fresco as they walked the stone halls. At places he stopped and pressed himself against the walls or floor, as if he were communing with the stones themselves, muttering small hymns in the name of the master architect in one breath and sighing forlornly at what he might have done differently in others. He seemed to be sincerely heartbroken to learn that they were not to be allowed within the interior rooms of the castle, as he would truly like to get a feel for its heart.

Heldric's searching gaze finds no secret rooms or walls - though he knows they might be there, such knowledge would be the exclusive realm of the master himself. As well as this, the inner chambers and Radu's own, no doubt incredibly secure haven are very much-so off-limits to the cotterie.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 25, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »

Prince Maurice whispers gently into Steeple's ear.

"Yes, turn him into a massive hound! Make him eat all of our enemies, yes, yes..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2015, 01:16:48 pm »

"I know, right?" Steeple replies, "the old bugger would probably enjoy it too haha!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 25, 2015, 01:22:33 pm »

Following Tiberius, Anton looks at the building with disinterest. It's beautiful, but beauty is pointless for a child of Caine.
"Lord Tiberius, what will the architect request as payment for his work?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 25, 2015, 01:33:29 pm »

Tiberiu cocks his head to the side in thought.

"I don't know, I suppose a good deal of it will depend on how you treat him when he comes but he will likely ask for something of you in the future. You have little to give him now, but when you are princes your aid will be worth much."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 25, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

Anton nods.
"Have you ever dealt with the Architect yourself, then?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:20 pm »

Tiberiu shakes his head.

"No, the Count had that pleasure himself."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 25, 2015, 03:31:52 pm »

Daniel would like to try and see if there any supernatural aspects to the architecture around him that was built by this apparently amazing architect.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up