Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302814 times)

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #600 on: February 25, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »

Heldric keeps an eye out for any possible secrets he still might spot but resigns himself to the fact that the master must have hidden them in ways that he could not detect even if they were there.

He speaks loudly enough for the others to hear him.

"We have a master architect  with our cause, and a capable one with us now for preparation. Once the resources can reach the site we should be able to begin immediately on securing the foundations."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 25, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »

If the architecture has supernatural aspects to it, Daniel is not knowledgeable enough to recognize it. Everyone who cared enough to pay even the slightest bit of attention would see that the castle was as beautiful as it was practical - very easily defendable and yet admirably constructed.

After a few hours the large mastiff from the entrance appeared, as if oozing from the shadows themselves, before them. Tiberiu looked the dog in the eye and listened, as one might when speaking to a child. After a moment he grumbled something… not quite a word to the dog and looked toward the others.

“Radu’s business is finished, we have been asked to return to the Hall, he wishes to speak with you.” – Tiberiu

“May I speak with you a moment?” – Brother Joseph asked as the others passed.

“Ghoul?” – Tiberiu asks, giving the servant some small bit of his attention.

“How is it that you communicated with the beast?” – Brother Joseph

Tiberiu gave the monk a brief perplexed look.

“You simply must listen. Each who walks in the night is possessed of a beast, yes? The Beast whispers in your ear even now, why do you assume others cannot hear it or that it cannot understand the voices of others? When you listen to the voices in the night, don’t do it with your ears, do it with the beasts. You will come to know soon enough.” – Tiberiu

With that he turned and walked back to the great hall, where the Count was already comfortably seated.

“Wonderful, you’ve returned. I've decided to help you all some more yet in the task i've set you. While I am not so wealthy as to fully refund your coffers I can offer you a small sum, and an additional wagon with which you may make your journey without fearing the sun’s deadly rays. So, please, stay here this night, sleep soundly in my walls, and by sundown you will have your supplies and your entourage ready to continue your trip”.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 25, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »

"Thank you mylord." Lucien said with a pleasing smile.

He then began working on the idea to actually turn Barabus into a mastiff/Zlachta

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2015, 10:09:49 pm »

Thinking about it, Lucien immediately surmises that it will take time - and while it isn't directly necessary, a model would be highly appreciated. It wouldn't have to be a fleshcrafted Mastiff, just a mastiff there for comparison so that he would know what he was going for.

Maybe a week or two, some herbs to numb Barabus' mind, and the end result might have retained just enough of its mind to still be able to follow orders while still being driven insane by the more or less permanent, lengthy and insanely painful transformation into a hound.

It might be less work to just ghoul a Mastiff and make his own personal monstrous modifications - but where's the fun in that?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 25, 2015, 10:13:01 pm »

Anton nods.
"You are very kind, Count." He states.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 25, 2015, 10:49:34 pm »

Kiril politely thanks the count.

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 25, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »

Daniel thanks the count graciously with a smile and then nudges Lucien again, "I'll help."
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:07 pm »

it will be fun. He reasoned to himself. Then he turned his gaze back to Radu. "Do you have a messenger i can use? I need to send for some supplies. Oh, and would you know where i can buy a mastiff?" he asked woth a devious smIle.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2015, 07:45:35 am »

"Thank you again," Steeple replies to the Count.

Then hearing Lucian mention buying a Mastiff, Steeple can't help but add - "I'd like to buy one too, if there are any non-extraordinary ones available."

Then to Lucian he whispers, "Let's up the wager - and see if a Mad Ghouled Mastiff is better than a Tsmitzi-made Mastiffed Ghoul haha!"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:23 am »

Heldric bows while the others talk "Thankyou for all of your consideration" he sayS to the count before stepping back to observe the others.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 26, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

"Thank you again," Steeple replies to the Count.

Then hearing Lucian mention buying a Mastiff, Steeple can't help but add - "I'd like to buy one too, if there are any non-extraordinary ones available."

Then to Lucian he whispers, "Let's up the wager - and see if a Mad Ghouled Mastiff is better than a Tsmitzi-made Mastiffed Ghoul haha!"
Lucien nods to Daniel, if they we're two it would go faster.

Lucien then raises a eyebrow to the malkavian. "What more are you willing to wager?" He whispered back.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 26, 2015, 01:41:41 pm »

"My Mastiff against yours haha!" Steeple replies to Lucian.

"If yours is better, you get to keep my Mastiff; if mine is better, I get to keep your Mastiff."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:43:15 pm by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 26, 2015, 01:59:04 pm »

"Im going to toy with your driver, as you allowed us to do earlier.The real dog will only be a model."

"But if you truly wish to pit them against eachother, i dont mind. As long as i get to use it as a model fist "

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 26, 2015, 02:04:10 pm »

"Err... I mean, you make my driver a Mastiff and I Ghoul a Mastiff and we test those against each other," Steeple tries to clarify.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 26, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

"Fair enough." He shrugged. "Do you want to.. increase the wager?" He asked in a tempting tone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 26, 2015, 06:55:40 pm »

"Increase it you say?"  Steeple replies with a grin, "now why would I do that? You're already getting a free 'test subject' (Barabus) and only risk losing him if your work is shoddy."

"Why? Too much of a challenge for you? Don't think you can do it?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2015, 08:43:39 pm »

Lucien smiles. "Because you like to gamble. Otherwise you would not have agreed to a wager you know you would not likely win." then he looked at Daniel, then to Steeple. "I know how to even out the odds a little. Let Daniel fleshcraft the beast for you. Make it into a warbeast."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:57 pm »

"Not a walrus?" Daniel says in a jokingly sad tone.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:38 am »

"Oooh, a Walrus-tusked Warbeast of Spikatude you say?" Steeple replies, "now that could make things interesting."

"But what does Daniel get if I win?"

"You get the W-TWBoSt if you win; I get Barabus Puppy back if I win; Daniel should get something from you if I win, but just a token prize really, as only you and I risk losing anything..."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:36:13 am by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2015, 08:21:28 am »

Lucien gives Steeple a quizical look "What... exactly is a W-TWBoSt?"

Then with a snap of his fingers he says "Daniel gets to fleshcraft ofcourse, that is his reward."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:35 am »

"Walrus-tusked Warbeast of Spikatude, of course."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2015, 12:14:20 pm »

The count nods his appreciation to Kiril and Anton and the others who would thank him.

“My only request is that you do not enter Bistritz while you are my guests. I am not just their count, but also their protector and I take my duties very seriously.” – Radu

It's almost as if Radu can sense the upcoming conversation about turning people into walrus-dogs and sicking them on each other.

Then, to Lucien's request he adds - "I can bring you one myself, a gift to such a skilled clan-mate. When you wake up on the morrow he will be waiting by your door."

The Cainites, now free to wander the castle, are currently having the walrus-dog conversation. Those who wish it will be led to their temporary havens by Tiberiu or any of the mortal servants who walk the place.

Their new temporary havens are six windowless rooms each made of stone with heavy, securable doors. In each was a single sarcophagus, carved out of the same stone as the floors and walls.

Tiberiu has secured the cotterie's belongings and carriages in the castle stables.

Once everyone retires, the next night can begin.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:03 pm »

Lucien gives Steeple a quizical look "What... exactly is a W-TWBoSt?"

Then with a snap of his fingers he says "Daniel gets to fleshcraft ofcourse, that is his reward."

"As much as I appreciate the opportunity to practice my craft, I'm not a Tzimisce. I would rather have a Minor Boon as a reward should I succeed with Steeple." Says Daniel coyly.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 27, 2015, 12:39:12 pm »

Heldric thanks the count and nods to the others before retiring for the night, he lets Andreas sort himself out.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 27, 2015, 12:49:27 pm »

"Ah, it is time I retire; See you all in the new night," Steeple says, heading to his place of rest.

"Huh... no doggies from the Count for us I guess," Steeple laments to Prince Maurice.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 27, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »

Anton turns to Joseph as the count retires for the evening.
"You are interested in talking to animals?" He asks.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 27, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »

The monk nods.

"I... I find an wondrous simplicity in the beasts that roam god's kingdom, brother Anton. They cannot sin, they have no souls to be damned - they are innocent in all of this. Creatures of god, beautiful and pure, not dominated by the temptation that the damned so often offer us.

They will never go to heaven, no, but neither will they go to hell."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 27, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

"Ah, it is time I retire; See you all in the new night," Steeple says, heading to his place of rest.

"Huh... no doggies from the Count for us I guess," Steeple laments to Prince Maurice.

"It would be rude to ask now too wouldn't it?

Well, when we have our own city we can make as many dog-barrabi as we want. And we can make Nadia into a poodle!"

Nadia, who cannot hear any of this, walks along with Steeple as he goes to his room.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 27, 2015, 02:54:18 pm »

"Are we the only sane ones here?" Kiril says to Carinus, when he's made sure the others are gone.  "Walrus-dogs?  A competition to make their drivers into walrus-dogs?  They're idiots- a disgrace to Kindred."   

He considers his companions.  "Maybe the Nosferatu, he seems to sensibly stay back and observe."

He offers his wrists to Carinus and Sherazhina to drink.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 27, 2015, 03:17:08 pm »

After feeding Nadia again, Steeple use Domino of Life to give her a good tumble in the sheets as a reward for her choosing to spend eternity with him.

He sets Prince Maurice up on an unlit sconce to watch.

"OH MY! THE SCONCES! THE SCONCES!!!" becomes Steeple's cry of ecstasy.

;)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: February 27, 2015, 03:34:13 pm »

"The two fleshcrafters take pleasure from unlife with juvenile obsceneties. They are excited by the ability to mold the flesh of others, it is a power that they possess over others, the power to shape them."

Carinus lets the blood pour into his own cup.

"They see themselves as creators, gods. Superior to the mere mortals, they do not realize that the predator that lives in them controls them as surely as they try to control others. Their Beast, their monsters. They have no self-control, they just indulge their urges, like children with toys."

He switches his own out smoothly and begins filling Sherazhina's cup.

"They pretend the power to shape others makes them gods. Scientists. Discoverers, men of intelligence and skill and innovation; but all they can shape is the flesh. The true creator shapes the soul, they own the body and the mind."

He passes the cup to Sherazhina, who takes it with a practised ease.

She raises her glass.

"To the real hunters then."

The two ghouls drink.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:26:30 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

After feeding Nadia again, Steeple use Domino of Life to give her a good tumble in the sheets as a reward for her choosing to spend eternity with him.

He sets Prince Maurice up on an unlit sconce to watch.

"OH MY! THE SCONCES! THE SCONCES!!!" becomes Steeple's cry of ecstasy.

;)

Steeple notes that while Nadia aquiesces to his offer, she seems rather distracted by how dusty the stone coffin they're doing it in is.

Prince Maurice cheers Steeple on, in some cases giving some highly specific instructions on what to do.

Barrabus just kind of stands there in the corner awkwardly. His initial cries for the two to go get a room being ignored, he edges towards the door.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 27, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »

The monk nods.

"I... I find an wondrous simplicity in the beasts that roam god's kingdom, brother Anton. They cannot sin, they have no souls to be damned - they are innocent in all of this. Creatures of god, beautiful and pure, not dominated by the temptation that the damned so often offer us.

They will never go to heaven, no, but neither will they go to hell."
Anton shakes his head.
"Animals are but a step up from a kindred' state, brother Joseph. As us, they may be used by the lord to goad a man into repetence, or fueled by evil to tempt Seth's children." Anton replies.

"But they are God's creations, created for Man. We kindred may use them only to guard man from vice." Anton adds. "To learn, as Solomon, their words is indeed wise, therefore."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »

Barrabus just kind of stands there in the corner awkwardly. His initial cries for the two to go get a room being ignored, he edges towards the door.

When they are done, Steeple notes Barabus with surprise. He genuinely didn't hear Barabus in his throes of passion (Steeple's throes, not Barabus's - though one can not even say whether Barabus has throes with which to toss around, but that is a topic for another day...) -

"Barabus?!? How long have you been there? What did you see?!? What you must think of me now!"

"But I don't care! You unrepentant bum-looker you!"

"Next time, give a couple some space, Sheesh!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 28, 2015, 12:11:03 pm »

Daniel, content with where everything is going, concludea his evening by making his way to the lodgings provided. He let's Vince and Wilhelm do as they wish as long as it isn't lethal or stupid.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2015, 04:09:50 pm »

The coterie retires for the night, each vampire resting through the day.

At nightfall they were each offered a carafe of blood. The wagon they’d been afforded was small but would make do, but the moneys granted them, while a small fortune, were not a fraction of what Radu had originally provided them. And so they set out, once again travelling east; to the very edge of civilization.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2015, 04:10:22 pm »

May 9, 1198, 9:02 pm, One hour past Sunset
Tihuta Pass, Carpathian Mountains

The trail they rode to the ruins of the old tower was treacherous. By day the retinue was forced to watch as their wagons seemed to teeter on the edge of a mountain, knowing that one small slip would send them plummeting hundreds of feet to their death. By night it was worse, as they could no longer see the edge they were to be so careful of.

Lucien sat, terrified, against the left wall of the wagon, holding on to anything he could grab. He’d tried twice to escape the wagon only to find that it caused the vehicle to rock ever so slightly.

They traveled up and up for an hour more before finding themselves on a rise, their servants having already reached it and began to make camp. While Andreas, Ennius and Lucien hungrily celebrate the end of their journey, Sylvian has begun to investigate the ruins of the tower they were to rebuild. What he saw startled him as down below, beyond the trees that separated them from the site itself, were three torches. His eyes saw more clearly and could make out what looked like a grave being dug in the center of the tower’s foundation.

“Someone is here!” – Sylvian shouts to the others.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:25 pm »

Heldric quickly issues orders to Andreas and Mr. Whitey "follow with the others and be weary of attacks." makes himself unseen so as to as to be able to sneak closer undetected then tries to approach silently.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »

Kiril heads directly down to the gravesite, intending to politely greet whoever is here.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »

Daniel asks Wilhelm, "Can any of your Koldunic Magicks give you an impression of what's happening over there?" He gestures to where Kiril is going.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2015, 07:25:54 am »

Seeing Kiril boldly walk down, Steeple activates Heightened Senses and Unseen Presence and follows after.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2015, 07:33:33 am »

Anton follows Kiril down to the gravesite, after viewing the world in darkness. It would be easier to find anyone in the area this way.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:12 am »

"Farkijg heights." Lucien mutters to himself.

He slowly jumps out of the wagon and looks down at the campfire.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:11 am »

Wilhelm shakes his head.

"I have no idea what's going on brother."

Everyone immediately makes their way down the cliff face, most of them hiding.

As one, the group - invisible and otherwise - steps into the torchlight. Their beasts beg them to leave but the undead steel their wills against the Red Fear.

From inside the grave they could hear some sort of chanting, some dark hymnal in a language none could fathom.

“…Dodo, l’enfant do,
L’enfant dormira bien vite
Dodo, l’enfant do
L’enfant dormira bientôt…” – The voice from the Grave

As they approached, they realized by the sing-song nature the chant was some sort of lullaby, seemingly sung in extremely off key French.

A spray of dirt landed on them and then the song stopped.

From out of the darkness of the grave leapt a man; he landed not twenty feet from them, dressed in piecemeal armor and wearing a blood-soaked tabard. His hair was long, blond and filthy, lying in knotted dreadlocks. His beard was as long and filthy as his hair, but was also caked with dried blood. The man’s eyes were wild and blue.

The man dropped his wooden stump, which he seemed to have been using as a makeshift spade. Kiril noted the bastard sword sticking out of the earth not far from where the mad man stood.

With a jerk the madman swung his arms wide and began to bellow in french - which Sylvian quickly translates for the others.

“Blessed art those who come in glory to the place of revelations. Welcome, fellows; I am Anatole, seeker after that which was lost and which will come again into the hands of the chosen agents of God. Your coming is a sign that I have long awaited. The field is fallow, awaiting those who will search for the seed of wisdom buried deep within its hidden places. We must make all speed, for the time is coming when all will have need of words of counsel. Together we shall mark the signposts for the road to salvation!”

"This man is clearly wise and trustworthy!" Prince Maurice declares.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:40:23 am by Drakilian »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:51 am »

"Of course," Steeple replies aloud, inadvertently dropping his Obfuscate, but just folding his arms high and continuing to act like no one can see him.

He then goes over to look down into the hole with his heightened senses.

"You know what this place needs?" he asks no one in particular - "Sconces!"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:26:41 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2015, 10:34:57 am »

Anton glares.
"We have encountered far too many madmen on our journey." He mutters.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2015, 02:06:34 pm »

"Well met, good sir," Kiril greets the man in Greek.  He's religious, obviously, maybe he knows this language?

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

Heldric decides that after meeting the previous mad man, he was going to continue being safe and keeps his obfuscate in place for now, making sure he is a safe distance away but close enough to observe the others

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 05, 2015, 10:31:30 am »

and another madman... Lucien thinks to himself.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:47:00 pm by Daedalus »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 08, 2015, 02:51:01 pm »

Oh hell no. Not another lunatic.

Daniel hushes up and observes until he has more to go on than Sylvain's translations.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up