Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302909 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #750 on: March 27, 2015, 04:57:19 pm »

“I don’t take living payment" – Zelios says, shaking his head.

“I assure you I cannot lower it any further, should I do so any more more it would be insulting. I only ask that in the future, should I require it, you remember me with gratitude and perhaps should matters reverse themselves you may come to my aide.” – Zelios

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 27, 2015, 04:57:59 pm »

Sylvian seems mortified by Lucien's unwillingness to simply hand over the money - no doubt due to his admiration for the master.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:58 pm »

"Ofcourse" Lucien nods at the man. Lucien takes another quick moment to think. "Since you are a artist Master Zelios perhaps you would be interested in fleshcraft? If you agree to split the payment to three seperate occasions with X months between them, then i could teach it to you?"  He offered.     

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

"One moment fellows," Steeple says to the Kindred, "perhaps Master Zelios would like the golden artifact as payment or a portion thereof? I could even set it back up to its original luster."

Of course Steeple meant the heavy gold key to the mysterious tablet language. If needed he would use his magic to have it revert back to its original shape.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »

The master's eyebrows rise.

"Golden artifact?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:47 pm »

"Sure," Steeple replies - "allow me to tidy it up first ..."

Presuming it is accessible, Steeple will use Animate the Unmoving to restore the key it to its original shape, before handing it over to Zelious for a look.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 27, 2015, 06:53:25 pm »

Zelios looks over the translation key with great interest.

"Where did you find this?"

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 28, 2015, 11:17:34 am »

"Um... Fellas. We should just pay him. It's not like we're hard for money, here."
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:23 am »

Kiril politely replies to Daniel,  "There will undoubtedly be unexpected delays, issues with materials, problems with morale; we should conserve our funds if possible."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 28, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

"Oh, it's part of some fancy death conspiracy," Steeple replies in regards to the key. "Some real end of the world type stuff. You know, typical antediluvian drama really."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 28, 2015, 04:43:43 pm »

Lucien wonders whats worth more, the solid gold thing or the cash that Zelios wants.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 29, 2015, 12:16:14 pm »

"Money can be replaced. The Translation Key is an utterly unique artifact. There's a contrast of value, there, Kiril."
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:48 pm »

"Bah," steeple says dismissively, "We don't need it anymore. I say we be done with it now. Maybe Master Zelios can even find more use for it than we did."

"This way everybody's happy."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 29, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »

"Im sorry Zelios, Steeple is offering something thats not ours to give."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 29, 2015, 01:48:55 pm »

Zelios nods understandingly.

"Of course, perhaps you didn't realize what you held in your hands. From my own research I believe this is translation key would allow you to understand old Enochian, the language of the first cities ruled by Cain and his brood before the flood. However you found this, it is best that you keep it to yourselves - many would kill for such an artifact."

Sylvian, flustered, exclaims - "Would someone please just pay him? He's being more than generous!"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 29, 2015, 01:52:47 pm »

Lucien glances quickly at Sylvain. "Tsk" he said before paying Zelios.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 29, 2015, 01:58:05 pm »

"How interesting," Steeple replies, taking the key back and giving it a good looking over before tossing it a Lucien.

"Here old bean," he says, "Since you footed the bill on this one, you keep this little bauble safe from everyone trying to kill you for it."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 29, 2015, 05:29:51 pm »

Lucien just smiles at him. Then briefly considers fleshcrafting Steeples outher shell to reflect his madness of his inner. he quickly shrugs it off though, that would hafto wait.

"While we're honorbound of keeping it safe for now, you may take a copy of it should you wish it." Lucien said to Zelios with a smile. "And as for the matter of your payment we agree to your tidy sum."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 29, 2015, 10:16:56 pm »

"My thanks for the offer", the master replies.

When Ennius returns with Zelios' payment the master again says his thanks, and begins the arduous task of creating a copy of the translation key for himself. He does so with the enthusiastic aid of Sylvian, working at it with the artist for some time.

When the time comes for the mason to leave, he does so with more than half of their remaining money and a copy of the key.

Even so, with plans crafted by a master, and an army of laborers, the money that remained should be more than enough to pay for the labors ahead.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 29, 2015, 10:32:12 pm »

19th of August, 1198, 9:10pm
The Tower’s foundations
Tihuta Pass

Things had not gone as they should have. It started a week after Zelios had left, when an amber shipment was lost before it reached the pass. Lucien had been counting on it to pay the quarrymen. Kiril had been working from dusk until dawn trying to put the town elders at ease as it seemed that someone had been digging up their dead, two or three at a time, with no rhyme or reason to their disinterment. The workers were becoming fearful and working less as a wasting disease had struck their women when they came to visit. Some workers were leaving altogether, taking tools and supplies in lieu of payment and never returning while others simply refused to make the trek back up the mountain once they returned home to work their farms. None of this was helped by the fact that Lucien had been forced to raise the tax on using the Pass to the point that many began to wonder if those building the tower were trying to close it.

Over the next two months work slowly but irrevocably ground to a halt, the foundations had been finished and the lower levels had been completely excavated, with Sylvian personally doing stone-work within what had once been the library, which he’d turned into a suite of exquisitely appointed rooms for whatever Cainite would be master of this house.

Above ground only the stones of the floor had been set, with the exterior walls only half finished before they’d run out of lumber and stone materials.

On top of everything, they’d never once been alone. Even now Anton, Daniel and Heldric were out, hunting down the demonic creatures sent forth by a Tzimisce voivode who called himself Mircea, who held domain over Dzardrev Castle and its environs to the south. There were also travelling entertainers who would demand payment after their unwarranted shows, mendicant priests in search of alms, visits from Count Radu, mortal noblemen eliciting bribes…

All was not well.

Closing his ledgers Lucien went over to the coffers which were all but empty. With tomorrow’s bribes there would be nothing left to pay the men. Kiril and Steeple awaited him within the big tent they’d set up as their headquarters. He wasn't entirely sure what to tell them.

As Lucien made his way across the field he heard the telltale sound of brass bells coming up the wagon trail.

From inside the tent Steeple and Kiril also hear the approaching wagon.

Sylvian, who'd been working down in the library, comes up from under the tower to see who approaches.

---

Heldric, Anton and Daniel wait - perhaps impatiently, for the messenger to return.

They'd been tracking a pack of flesh-crafted wolves for the past three nights. The creatures had been terrorizing the villagers and dealing even more damage to everyone's already fairly low morale. The cotterie had received an order to cease their efforts from the nearby vovoide Mircea, and had promptly refused at the behest of Count Radu, who visited the group personally soon after the warning was delivered. Radu expressed some surprise at the vovoide's actions - they were on rather good terms with each other, it seemed. Or at least, they were.

There have been several attacks since then, creatures sent in the night to hamper the group's progress.

A low flutter is heard as a black raven flutters down to Heldric's shoulder. It caws loudly, confirming for Heldric that the things had made their lair within the cave system the group had tracked them to.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:40:03 am by Drakilian »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 30, 2015, 11:18:20 am »

Heldric gets all the information he can from the animal before relaying it to the others present.

"I can make us unseen for the approach so long as you can move with utmost stealth. This might allow us to get close enough for proper combat though somthing feels off and I feel we might face more than the wolves."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:09 am »

Lucien sighs slightly. Altough thankful for a chance to delay the bad news by a few minutes it really was quite important to let the others know.

Either way, he now had this new traveler to deal with. So he walks up and approaches the carriege. "Who is there?" He calls out when close enough, but still with enough distance to get combat ready should he need it.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 30, 2015, 11:48:49 am »

"So, I say we go smite this Mircea bitch," Steeple says angrily, "Teach him to interfere with our plans."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:34 pm »

"It seems pretty clear that he wants the opposite of what our patron wants," Steeple points out, "So I say we take him out. It is the only way to stabilize the region, ensure a workforce, and enough spoils to see this project through to the end."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 30, 2015, 03:17:24 pm »

Kiril looks at steeple.  "Are you- no, never mind, you're not speaking to me, are you."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 30, 2015, 04:29:32 pm »

Steeple starts and looks around.

"Why that no good doppelganger!" he mumbles.

Then turning to Kiril, Steeple dusts his jacket off and says, "Of course I was talking to you Kiril old chap!"

"I'm just livid with the interference being wrought on us and its rather sorry effect on our work force."

"Again, I say we should do something about it and that something is sacking a castle."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 30, 2015, 05:01:31 pm »

Heldric gets all the information he can from the animal before relaying it to the others present.

"I can make us unseen for the approach so long as you can move with utmost stealth. This might allow us to get close enough for proper combat though somthing feels off and I feel we might face more than the wolves."

Anton nods.
"That would be best."

"Soon, however, we will need to destroy the vovoide, or make it difficult to send its servants against us. Killing the servants will do nothing for us in the long run."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 30, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »

Lucien looked out toward the sound as the others (presumably)stepped out from the tent, each looking as weary as he felt.

The wagon was gilded and highly ornamental. Its sides were an emerald green and its panels inlaid with gold. It was a wagon they all knew.

It was Myca.

He stepped down from the wagon with the help of one of his guards and immediately they noticed the change that had overtaken him. Whereas before his skin was paler then even theirs now it was dark, easily as dark as that of a Moor Kiril had once known when he'd lived in the empire.

“Greetings my friends!” – Myca called as he stepped forward, his draping robes flowing around him.

---

Andreas growls, and punches his own palm.

Mr. Whitey translates for the group - "Well what are we waiting for?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 30, 2015, 06:43:13 pm »

(assuming we did Indeed leave the tent)

Kiril smiles with genuine pleasure at the sight of their cultured acquaintance.  "It's such a pleasure to see you again, but what are you doing here?" He asks in a friendly tone.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

“Oh, I was simply on my way back to Constantinople and wanted to see how well things had come along for you.” – Vykos replies politely.

Sylvian insists that Vykos move into the tent where they would all be more comfortable.

Carinus enters the tent soon afterward, carrying a carafe of fresh blood, the origins of which are better left unquestioned.

“Would you partake?” the killer asks, courteously.

“Please.” – Vykos replies taking the chalice he’d been proffered.

Carinus then pours some blood for each of the other vampires in the room, letting the five undead settle themselves in.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »

Lucien nods thankfully at the blood that was offered to him.

"Now things are indeed quite dire." Lucien says before explaining how things are in the treasury.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:54 pm »

Andreas growls, and punches his own palm.

Mr. Whitey translates for the group - "Well what are we waiting for?"

Anton nods.
"Hendric, make us hidden." He states, and leads ahead to the cave, as he summons tendrils around his body.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 31, 2015, 05:42:33 am »

Steeple politely declines any blood, but welcomes the visitors warmly.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 31, 2015, 03:05:10 pm »

Heldric uses his abilities to make the entire group unseen and signals Andreas to take up the rear guard as he is not so stealthy. He then proceeds forward, making sure to lag behind where he believes Anton to be.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 31, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »

Of course, Kiril accepts the chalice offered by Carinus. He's a bit disappointed Lucien decided to skip the pleasantries- he would have liked to chat with Myca.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 31, 2015, 05:13:13 pm »

"Dire Wolves," Steeple exclaims calmly, drawing a picture of a triangle in the air with both index fingers as he says the word - outlining it in a way - as 'Dire Wolves' could be spelled with a triangle, if one was close enough to Malkav to understand. Given that he only had one hand however, one could be forgiven for not catching the clever pun, as Steeple could only manage half a triangle in this particular scenario.

"Isosceles," he then winks with a grin.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:23:42 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 31, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

“You do not appear to be as far along as I would have imagined.” – Myca

Lucien begins to explain when Sylvian abruptly cuts him off - rather rudely, he notes.

“It’s because we’re not.” – Sylvian, his frustration showing as he poured himself a second cup

“What seems to be the problem? Surely Zelios said that you were well on your way to building the fortress, perhaps even ahead of time.” - Myca

Steeple then begins explaining in great logical detail that the problem is dire wolves, eliciting a wide smile from Vykos - until Sylvian crushes the mood once more.

“That was before we ran out of money.” – Sylvian, tipping the cup on its end.

Lucien then gets the opportunity to explain the full extent of their problems - the workers slowing down, the shipments being ambushed, people fleeing, the dug graves...

“Surely you will be able to finish…” – Myca

The Obertus was cut off by Sylvian's pealing laughter.

Myca looked to the others.

“Is it really so bad?” – Myca

---

Heldric cloaks Anton, Andreas, Daniel, Mr. Whitey, Brother Joseph and himself and the group begins moving in towards the cave.

Coming in close the group sees the scratches left along the rock and the lines dug into the dirt. The air smells strongly of urine. It seems the pack has recently settled itself in.

Shifting his eyes into black orbs, Anton looks into the now well-lit recesses of the cave entrance. He makes out four slumbering forms, though with his normally abysmal perception it would be difficult to be sure.

The wolves had always worked and attacked by day, when the vampires were asleep and the most humans were outside, they could do nothing until now to slay the foul things, only arriving at the scene long after the beasts had left.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:21:58 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 31, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »

"So, how are we going to do this? We have the advantage so let's make it count." Whispers Daniel as silently as possible to the others.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 31, 2015, 06:34:20 pm »

Though he nearly forfeits his own protection, Daniel's whisper passes through without breaking the fragile invisibility offered by Heldric's powers.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 31, 2015, 06:52:00 pm »

Anton doesn't reply, but quickly summons darkness onto the ground to stifle the group's sound (also make it harder for them to drop the obfuscate, hopefully), and begins to slowly move forward to the wolves.

He'll also raise dark steel tentacles onto the walls, near the wolves, which, if he manages to summon 4 of them, will attempt to grab the sleeping wolves.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:26 pm »

Bah, fark it.

Daniel changes into a grizzly bear form as quietly as he can. He'll take his time since we they're sleeping and we're preparing.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 31, 2015, 11:13:09 pm »

"They are." Lucien replies gravely. "On a brighter note Daniel, Anton and Heldric are out hunting the fleshcrafted wolfs, so i guess we got going for us, which is nice." He adds with a beaming smile, trying to encourage the people present in the tent."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 01, 2015, 03:30:30 pm »

His brow furrowed, Myca called to one of his guard and, with a gesture the guard bowed and turned hastily retrieving something from Myca’s wagon.

“I cannot sit by while my allies are in danger. I have heard of what happens when one fails Count Radu and his vassals. The stories of his childe Marelle...” – Vykos

The Guard returned carrying a green and gold chest which, when opened, revealed a great deal of gold.

“Take this, I assure you that it will more than cover your losses and very well may carry you through to the end of your endeavor.” – Myca

Sherazhina, sitting in the room by Kiril's side, immediately furrows her brow.

---

The shadows within the cavern begin to twist and shift, clouds of pure sentient darkness emerge from some dark abyss and hover in the air around the five ambushers. All in the group save brother Joseph and brother Anton have chills sent down their spine - while Heldric, Andreas and Daniel had been travelling in the company of the shadow workers for some time, they were still not used to the eerie command they had over whatever unknown force emerged from the shadows. Mr. Whitey especially tries to scuttle out of the way of the emerging darkness.

Daniel begins his smooth transition into the form of a bear, his flesh and bones moving fluidly, the whole process greatly assisted by his skill in the terrible art of vicissitude, his ability to shape his flesh without even needing to look at it.

Heldric hangs back near the edge of the cave's entrance. Skilled as he might be, the Nosferatu preferred not to be the center of attention - especially when the center of attention gets brutally mauled by a pack of fleshcrafted wolves. Andreas, on the other hand, is more than eager to take his place....

Summoning dark wisps out of the cave, Anton has four irridescent tendrils rise out near the wolves. Andreas crouches low, prepared to spring once Anton announces the attack. Mr. Whitey remains near his master, ready to defend him.

Brother Joseph holds his cross through his woolen cloak, and silently mouths a prayer, holding the plain longsword by the hilt and kissing it shortly after finishing.

The stage is set...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:24:06 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 01, 2015, 04:05:59 pm »

Anton raises his arm foward, sending the stifling darkness towards the Wolves, and then makes a fist, controlling the dark steel darkness into attempts to grab the sleeping wolves.

"Eliminate them." He then orders, losing his obfuscate in the process.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »

"Your help is exceedingly generous," Steeple tells Myca, receiving the chest.

"Please, that we may better understand the great debt we owe thee - what is the story of Marelle?"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:23:57 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 01, 2015, 05:35:20 pm »

Daniel waits for one of the wolves to be grappled by the tentacles and then charges the trapped wolf with the intention to destroy. If Daniel has a moment to aim, he'll aim at the wolf who's taken the most damage so far should the tentacles damage them to begin with.

He'll also spend two blood points to buff his Strength and a Willpower Point to help land his attack.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 01, 2015, 05:45:16 pm »

"She is more commonly known as the sculptor of wolves, for her preferred ghouls are wolves and she crafts bizarre deformities for them, often combining the skeletons and organs of several at once. Lupine kinfolk are treasured above all, for the torment of transformation instills the taint of corruption in them.

She began her life as a Danislav revenant in northeastern Transylvania. She was a skilled manipulator and advisor, taking great pleasure in pitting the local knezi against one another and thriving in political strife. She was eventually invited to Radu's court to advise him concerning a dispute with a Gangrel.

Wolves served this Gangrel beast as bodyguards, and they had begun to prey on the humans not far from Bistritz. Many infants were stolen away in the night, and some daring packs would run through the streets of the city, causing mayhem. Soon they began to seek out Radu's havens.

Roused from his daily slumber by the troublesome lupines, the Count took this offense as a declaration of war.

Marelle stalked this Gangrel in the forest outside Bistritz to ascertain the cause of his grievance. What she discovered alarmed her. The Cainite was found conferring with Arnulf - He is a powerful Inconnu known for his hatred of the larger cities of Transylvania and the Cainites who encourage their growth.The situation became obvious: The wolves were scouts for some larger campaign against the city. Wise to the threat, Radu Embraced Marelle as his childe. Certain that she would be a staunch ally against the enemies of his domain, he set her against the Inconnu's servant. Her ruthless response to the Gangrel assault was impressive. Marelle was fanatical about destroying the Gangrel that threatened her sire from the moment she clawed her way from the grave.

She began with simple warnings: Canine servants were found grafted together in twos and threes around towering pine trees. As the warnings continued, her "messages" became grislier. The Gangrel relented, but Marelle did not.

When she at last hunted down the Gangrel, she fleshcrafted him into a monster and caused him to be devoured by his own Lupine servants. Marelle became so bestial that Radu could no longer stand the sight of her. She enjoyed tormenting other living things and when she abducted a human infant for one of her studies, Radu, perhaps the most diplomatic of my already so courteous clan, captured his childe, informing her that he had disowned her and that she would be banished from his lands. Were she to ever return, he would destroy her.

This might not be unacceptable in and of itself, save for where Radu banished her. Marelle was sacrificed to the Cathedral of Flesh."

"The what?" Ennius asks, perhaps a little too loudly, in confusion.

Every other Cainite in the room knows of the Cathedral - a massive monument of living and unliving ghouled and blood bound flesh constructed by the primeval methuselah Yorak, current Vovoide of Vovoides among the Tzimisce.

---

As Anton speaks the wolves begin to wake - but it is too late for them, the tendrils have already wrapped around their legs and chests, holding them in place, crushing them. Their howls are muffled by the shadows.

Daniel moves forward and tears one of the wolves to pieces, Andreas does much the same, seemingly trying to beat Daniel at his own game in how horribly they could execute the dread beasts.

Joseph walks slowly and silently to one of the wolves, cowed in the dark, and closes his eyes. He makes two strikes with his longsword - with a precision and degree of efficiency that greatly surprises Anton - and another wolf dies.

There remains only one of the fleshcrafted beasts.

Worry gnaws at the back of Heldric's mind. This feels too easy.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 01, 2015, 05:52:44 pm »

Kiril wonders what Sherazhina is worried about. Of course, it would be impolite to ask her right in front of Myca. He makes a mental note to find out at the earliest possible convenience.

"Thank you," he says to Myca.  "For the funding and the history lesson.  Is there something we can offer you in return?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 01, 2015, 05:53:50 pm »

“No, I would not hear of it. You would not have to remunerate me for a single penny.” Vykos replies rather quickly.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 01, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »

Heldric moves outside of the cave as stealthily as possible, if this was a trap then there was either somthing very deadly hiding in the cave or the real enemy was outside ready to strike. The inside could be left to the combatants, he would silently assess the outside first and check for any signs of a trap.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up