Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302771 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2015, 09:50:37 pm »

With a wave of his hands, Anton attempts to slam the wold into the wall with his tentacles.

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2015, 10:18:21 pm »

As Anton handles the last wolf, Daniel looks around the cave to see if there's anything they missed or not seeing at the moment.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2015, 10:44:36 pm »

The last wolf struggles against the tendrils until it is so worn and torn that it cannot fight back anymore. The beast lies limp in the grip of Anton's shadows.

---

Outside, Heldric hears the sounds of battle dying down as the last wolf is slain. He examines the outside of the cave carefully, running his fine eye over the area to see if there was anything they'd missed.

He notices the fifth wolf only because of the gleam its eyes give. Two small pinpoints of red light, coming from a darkened collection of brush. It stares carefully at the entrance of the cave - seemingly not having noticed the Nosferatu.

---

Inside, Andreas claps loudly and exclaims approval through various rough laughter. Daniel, meanwhile, looks around the cave. His gaze is rather eerie, as his bear eyes turn red to better see through the darkness.

However Daniel finds that he dos not need to search for anything, because all of a sudden, many pairs of red eyes appear around them...

Five more wolves now, all surrounding the vampires, appearing as if from nowhere, each more twisted than the last. They do not attack, they merely wait.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 02, 2015, 04:50:06 am »

"The cathedral of flesh.." Lucien began "is a massive construct of living and unliving flesh, crafted togheter by the vovoides vovoide, Yorak. A primeval methuselah."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 02, 2015, 05:33:57 am »

"You don't say?" Steeple replies to Lucien, wondering how Lucien read his mind word for word like that ...

"Have you tried moisturizer?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:46:00 am by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2015, 08:31:45 am »

Lucien glances at Steeple, raises a eyebrow at the malkavian. Then smiles briefly. Probarly imaging fleshcrafting the malky with breasts just for the fun of it.

"And why would i need that Steeple?" he asked, realising to late he were probarly going to regret that.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:43:15 am by Daedalus »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2015, 09:03:00 am »

"Ah Yorak, I knew him well," Steeple recites, miming the holding of a skull in his hand, whilst wondering what it would be like to have Lucian fleshcraft him a set of boobs.

"RACK EM UP BOYS!" Steeple blurts out and snickers at his own thoughts.

He then calms down and smiles politely, after a quick cough.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:18:55 am by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2015, 09:40:44 am »

"and this is why Malkavians are mostly ignored in social gatherings." Lucien said mostly to himself with a grin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2015, 09:41:57 am »

'Mmm... boobs... hehehe... Steeple thinks to himself.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2015, 09:53:28 am »

Anton looks around at the wolves, and quickly draws the darkness back towards the wolves, as he again attempts to send his tentacles against the wolves.

He'll also take the time to attempt to dodge the wolves attacks.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: April 02, 2015, 05:09:59 pm »

Lucien just shakes his head at Steeple's antics.

"Ennius, the chest." He gestures at the chest of coins steeple received. "May i enquire of how much the chest contains?" Lucien asked with a thoughtful look on his fabulous face. "would make it easier for me when calculating later." He smiled at him.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 02, 2015, 08:25:15 pm »

Heldric moves at an angle in order to draw close to the wolf while never passing directly in front of its eyes. His intent is to move close as stealthily as possible, first ensuring that there are not others beside it before finally drawing close enough to lash out with a punch to the eyes using his spiked gloves in an attempt to blind it before leaping back and signalling Mr. Whitey to rush it and bite down on it to restrict movements.

Having revealed himself it won't matter if he speaks so he shouts "More enemies outside!" To alert those in the cave.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 02, 2015, 11:03:55 pm »

"Of course, perhaps we should wait for your companions to return before you accept? I have no doubt they will do so, but it is best to have them be well-informed of the decision." Vykos adds politely.

Vykos then informs Lucien - the amount is just about what they need to finish building the castle, maybe even more if things go their way.

---

Heldric sneaks up on the monstrous wolf obscured by the brush and prepares to strike, quickly and surely. He is quite certain there are no others behind it.

He drives the spiked fist into the wolf's eye out of nowhere, obliterating the left half of it's face and knocking it to the ground - he smiles in satisfaction. There is no way the creature could still be alive after a blow like that. Mr. whitey scuttles over to the body rapidly and rips open the thing's stomach, eviscerating it. The crocodile begins to feast on the creature's innards with uncharacteristic enthusiasm.

As Heldric stares, however, he notices something - the creature... is not a wolf.

The horribly mutilated girl turns her gaze onto the crocodile and then her head falls back, as she is seemingly rendered unconscious by her wounds.

Some of her massive massive injuries seem to be healing, perhaps to Heldric's surprise.

---

Inside the cave, everyone hears Heldric's shout of warning, though if they pay it any mind is a totally different question.

Anton immediately takes the initiative in the attack, sending out his clouds towards the wolves. His current tendrils are unavailable to attack the wolves (being too far away) but he makes up for this by summoning more - in fact, exactly four appear out of the darkness around the wolves and again lash out at the beasts, though three manage to jump out of the way, one is hit rather hard, the shadow snapping the wolf's back with an audible crack.

Then things take an abrupt turn for the worse.

The wolf howl in unison and charge. Two go immediately for Daniel, and tear with viciously painful claws at his flesh and hide.

Another leaps onto Andreas' back, knowing the powerful fighter to the ground where the wolf began using it's claws like a dog does when digging (except on Andreas' back). The Nosferatu howls in pain as bits of his flesh go flying.

Anton himself is bullrushed, and is left with a gaping wound in his stomach from where the wolf clawed at him before running out of melee range.

Andreas pushes himself off the ground with an epic push-up, throwing the wolf off of him before be kicks the stunned beast square in the face, shattering its entire skull and spreading large fragments of bone and brain across the cave floor.

Brother Joseph, alone untouched in the fighting, nears the wolf who attacked Anton. He throws aside the sword and holds onto the beast, wrapping his arms, hunching over and then also wrapping his legs around its neck, temporarily holding it down.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:22:16 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »

Anton clenches his teeth, making no audible grunt from the pain. He has an image he must project, and a small wound like that should be meaningless.

He quickly orders the tentacles to strike at the remaining wolves, if they can reach, as he draws his saber and quickly begins to slash at the wolf Brother Joseph is grappling, aiming to kill it.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 02, 2015, 11:58:51 pm »

Heldric quickly commands Mr. Whitey to stop feeding on the things innards and inspects her to try and ascertain what the Girl is. While the does this he has Mr. Whitey use his weight to pin her down and does what he can to tie her arms and legs using whatever is at hand, ripping his shirt if needed to make some strips (what use is nice looking clothing is the face looks like mine)

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2015, 09:45:22 am »

Daniel spends four blood points to heal up and focuses on dodging attacks until further notice. No point in fighting if you're Mauled, after all.

He'll also spend one Temporary Willpower to help his dodging.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 03, 2015, 10:20:49 am »

"We've been having trouble with grave robbers," Steeple says, "Do you think it is connected with wolf-chick?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 03, 2015, 10:35:41 am »

Kiril, who was just about to redirect the conversation to something civilized, sighs inwardly. Surely someone as cultured and refined as Myca has better things to discuss than grave robbers.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 03, 2015, 12:24:55 pm »

"Marelle? For what possible reason would she be here?" Vykos asks, surprised at Steeple's question.

---

Mr. Whitey does, indeed, stop eating the thing's innards - though it does so before Heldric ever commanded it.

As he goes to inspect her, ordering Mr. Whitey to pin her down, Mr. Whitey abruptly turns on Heldric and bites his leg, viciously jerking his head sideways! Caught off-guard by his loyal crocodile's sudden attack, Heldric is thrown off his feet, landing hard on his back.

---

Anton's tendrils strike out at the wolves, who group up at the center of the cave in order to avoid getting caught by the deadly darkness.

Anton himself moves to attack the wolf who Joseph has grappled - only to have Joseph scream out loudly and hoarsely at Anton.

"NO!" he says, angrily. Anton is almost stunned by the ghoul's loud command. Never before had brother Joseph shown such ferocity. Does he go forward with his attack?

Daniel finds himself unable to heal his aggravated wounds.

(You may review your actions before I continue here)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 03, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »

"Who can understand the mind of a malkavian" Lucien replied to Vykos. "On a more serious note, the others are not here. They are out hunting a pack of fleshcrafted wolfes that have been feeding on the workers. They left two days ago and we are uncertain of when to expect them back. So, i accept on their behalf aswell."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 03, 2015, 04:20:28 pm »

Anton furrows his brow, but turns away from the wolf and towards the remaining three. He'll have to have a talk with the monk later.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 03, 2015, 05:48:56 pm »

"You really don't see the connection here Lucian old boy?" Steeple asks. "Tsk tsk."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 03, 2015, 06:53:25 pm »

Heldric quickly rolls back and casts vanish from the minds eye as he Begins to stealthily circle around and burns 2 blood for healing.

"she must have either dominated it or used animalism. This situation isn't so good now" he thinks as he carefully circles around to put the girls body between him and Mr. Whitey. He keeps an eye on her healing rate and prepares to dodge incoming attacks.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 03, 2015, 07:02:18 pm »

OOC: Whoops! hehe... Please ignore that last one. Forgot what the *'s meant!

BIC: Daniel spends three blood points to become a bird and bails. He isn't going to die over this.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 03, 2015, 08:34:46 pm »

"You really don't see the connection here Lucian old boy?" Steeple asks. "Tsk tsk."
"what is there to understand?" he asked rhetoricly. "Did you not hear for yourself she is now part of the cathedral of flesh?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: April 03, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »

Myca smiles.

"Very well."

Myca then reaches into the folds of his robe and reveals a small gold ring. It looked to be two dragons, their bodies entwined, their eyes gleaming emeralds. With a twist the two dragons disentangled, each a distinct and finely crafted piece in its own right.

“For my aid I ask only this - take this ring. Should I ever have need of your help I shall send its twin.”

---

Heldric rolls away from Mr. Whitey and then vanishes into thin air - but Mr. Whitey doesn't look fooled. The albino crocodile scans the area carefully, searching for Heldric while staying close to the girl's body.

Then the crocodile abruptly changes tactics. It darts at a fallen log and struggles fearsomely to force its head and the upper half of its body under the log, pushing itself as far as possible.

Then Mr. Whitey goes still and the girl stands. The rest of her wounds heal, her bestial face retakes its original shape.

---

Anton attacks one of the wolves killing Daniel, driving the blade deep into its side and then twisting it in, ripping apart the internal organs.

The wolf jerks around and then strikes at Anton, its sharp claws tearing through armor and undead flesh alike.

Daniel shifts into the form of a bird and darts outside of the cavern. Out there he sees a heavily fleshcrafted girl standing, looking around herself and occasionally shooting quick looks at the cave - Heldric and mr. Whitey are nowhere in sight.

Andreas makes short work of the one uninjured wolf.

Joseph continues his struggle with the wolf he'd taken a hold of.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 04, 2015, 05:26:53 am »

"It just seems coincidental is all," Steeple replies. "At any rate, I'm going to go lurk in the graveyard tonight to see if anything interesting pops up."

To Myca, Steeple nods, "Nice signet. I am at your service whenever the need."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 04, 2015, 07:14:52 am »

"T'is indeed beautiful." Lucien replies as he took the ring and inspected it. "In your time of need, we shall come." He said charismaticly."

"With the more pressing matters dealt with, would you care for a tour of the grounds?" he asked with a smile.

"Kiril, as you're in charge of our human resources would you mind spreading the news? That we once again are back in business and the taxes of the pass are back to normal?" He asked in a friendly tone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 04, 2015, 08:03:11 am »

"Oh yes!" Steeple says with unrestrained glee - "You simply must see all the spectacular Sconce-work before you go! It's to die for!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 04, 2015, 08:30:31 am »

"You're the one who actually deals with taxation, Lucien," Kiril points out, quite reasonably.  "You should be the one discuss business with our workers.  I can give Myca the tour."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 04, 2015, 08:50:10 am »

"Yes, i deal with the finances. You deal with the people. As we agreed on." He replied with a friendly smile as he put on the ring. Then he walked to the door. "Shall we?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 04, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »

"She has healed far too fast from an unconcious state" Heldric thinks to himself, getting a little more worried than before.

He circles round her again so she is between him and Mr. Whiteys log then stands behind a large tree so she could not see him even if Obs failed and decided a new tactic using his persuasive voice.

"So my dear, why don't we talk about what is happening here? It would be very preferable to fighting more right now."

Should she detect his hiding spot and Attack he prepares to immediatly dodge and cast vanish from the minds eye again.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 04, 2015, 07:59:34 pm »

"I've had so little opportunity to speak to Kiril, I think i'll take him up on his offer." Vykos announces.

Sherazhina looks worriedly at Kiril but says nothing.

"Now there's a right good man!", announces prince Maurice in his infaillible judgement.

---

Heldric begins to hear movement...

"Where is the knight?"

The girl's voice is low and guttural.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 04, 2015, 08:29:56 pm »

"As you wish."  Lucien said with a bow before departIng with Ennius.

"So, whats your take on Vykos Ennius?" Lucien asked as he made his way towards the place where the workers are.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 04, 2015, 10:36:06 pm »

Heldric tries to follow the movement, was she closing in on him, fleeing? Was Mr. Whitey getting himself free? If she was getting too close then of course going invisible and stealthily moving was in order.

"You will have to tell me which knight you mean as I know several and none are here, you saw my companions in your little cave ambush."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 04, 2015, 11:16:19 pm »

"No, that is a lie. The two knights in the cave fighting my wolves, the dark one and the regretful one, they are both here tonight. But the centurion, the roman knight, he is missing. Tell him his master wants him back."

The sounds of mr.whitey struggling desperately to free himself from the log become prevalent. Heldric does not hear the girl anymore.

---

"He is generous. Almost too generous, I would say. You've given up more than you realize, I think, my lord." Ennius says in reply to Lucien.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 04, 2015, 11:25:44 pm »

Daniel perches on a nearby surface attached to a tree that's a safe distance from the interactions going on between Heldric and the Mysterious Girl. He'll try to observe the girl and stand prepared to quickly shift back into an attack form should things go sour.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 04, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »

He finds that the girl has already disappeared. He hears the short conversation that happens between her and the Nosferatu and then she slips away into the woods.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 05, 2015, 06:49:33 am »

"He is generous. Almost too generous, I would say. You've given up more than you realize, I think, my lord." Ennius says in reply to Lucien.
"Yes, i agree." Lucien replied thoughtfully. "Now there are only two questions that remain unanswered." he looked up to the sky, then he raised his hand up so it looked like he had a star in the palm of his hand.

"What he requires from us..." He closed his palm into a fist, so it appeared that he crushed the star. "And, how we might best benefit from playing him." He grinned wickedly.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 05, 2015, 10:33:31 am »

"I'm honored you wish to spend time with me." Kiril smiles at Myca.  "to tell you the truth, civilized conversation's been a bit lacking lately."

out of habit, the Lasombra studies the Tzimisce's movements and mannerisms.  It would be especially easy to impersonate a fleshcrafter.  After all, they change appearance at will.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 05, 2015, 12:05:15 pm »

Heldric calls after the vanished girl "I had no idea they were 'Knights' in your eyes but I will pass it on."

He then heads to help Mr. Whitey get free.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 05, 2015, 12:45:24 pm »

"Perhaps he requires nothing at the moment, perhaps he simply wants you in his debt." Ennius suggests.

---

"The honour is mine. Please, tell me, you've been rather silent whenever we've met in the past. Do I make you uncomfortable?" Vykos asks.

Vykos' mannerisms are tame and slow. He moves carefully, almost diplomatically, making no sudden movements or gestures.

---

Mr. Whitey is rather firmly lodged underneath his log - but with Heldric's help the ghoul manages to free himself from his self-made cage.

The crocodile nuzzles apologetically at Heldric.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 05, 2015, 01:20:28 pm »

"Right as rain," Steeple replies to his rock.

Then, with everyone moving off, Steeple approaches Sherazhina, noting her odd expressions.

"What is it that troubles you about all this?" Steeple asks, "What do you know of all the players in this act?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 05, 2015, 01:26:09 pm »

"The honour is mine. Please, tell me, you've been rather silent whenever we've met in the past. Do I make you uncomfortable?" Vykos asks.

Vykos' mannerisms are tame and slow. He moves carefully, almost diplomatically, making no sudden movements

"Surely there's nothing about you I might find objectionable?" Kiril replies, half statement, half question.

"If I seem to refrain from conversation, it's only that my companions are more than happy to speak on the group's behalf."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 05, 2015, 01:39:44 pm »

"Yes, i imagine as much for now. Only time will tell i suppose." He looked out at the foundations, and with a sigh he started walking to the workers again. "But for now, we have a fort to build."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 05, 2015, 05:37:00 pm »

Sherazhina answers Steeple with a sort of vicious undertone that implies she knows more than she's letting on.

"That man is a snake, he cannot be trusted."

"Nonsense!" Maurice declares loudly.

---

"Yes."

Ennius looks, a bit empty-eyed, towards the budding castle. He seems almost puzzled for a second, before he regains his typical demeanor.

"Yes, we do."

---

"Surely not" Vykos answers back just as vaguely.

"Then let us speak of other things, different matters. I would love to know you, Kiril. We Cainites have so few allies under the night sky and I would hate to be estranged from even one.

Have you heard? The new Pope has decided to call up the nobility to take up the cross once more, it seems that a fourth crusade is imminent."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:39:10 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 05, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

"Is there something on your mind?" Lucien asked.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 05, 2015, 05:58:10 pm »

"Not a thing, Lord Lucien." Ennius replies, sure of himself now.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 05, 2015, 07:13:50 pm »

"I'll take you at your word and be cautious," Steeple says to Sherazhina (ignoring Prince Maurice for the moment).

"Did he have anything to do with the fall of you family from this place? Do know the significance of the two signet rings?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 05, 2015, 07:22:25 pm »

"did you remember something?" Lucien asked, raising an eyebrow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up