Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising  (Read 302764 times)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Dark Tides Rising
« Reply #850 on: April 05, 2015, 07:29:23 pm »

"Again? I hope Anton isn't distracted."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 05, 2015, 07:38:30 pm »

Anton burns willpowrr, ignoring his wounds to finish his work, and attempts to kill the last wolf.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 05, 2015, 07:52:42 pm »

The wolf struggles desperately against the ashen knight's blade, but it's wounds are too great and its opponent too powerful. The fight is over.

Joseph still struggles with his own wolf, but soon the thing stops struggling, and Joseph releases it. It slumps over, unconscious.

Andreas picks up one of the broken canine bodies and feeds from it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 05, 2015, 08:05:57 pm »

"Again? I hope Anton isn't distracted."

"I expect you all to be distracted, the movers in our society are extremely interested in the course this crusade takes, I have no doubt that, given your competence, you will be representing rather important people when the time comes to guide the mortals." Vykos replies.

"did you remember something?" Lucien asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ennius shakes his head.

"No, I simply... I felt something, something familiar, while Vykos was speaking. The feeling's passed."

"I'll take you at your word and be cautious," Steeple says to Sherazhina (ignoring Prince Maurice for the moment).

"Did he have anything to do with the fall of you family from this place? Do know the significance of the two signet rings?"

"No, nothing like that. But the rings, he owns you now through them. He comes to you and asks for your troubles, and you tell him and lo and behold, he has a chest full of gold right there in his carriage that's just enough for you to finish everything! He asks you nothing except that you, men who he knows will be powerful, future princes with retinues and lands and armies, do something for him of his choosing at a future date. And what choice do you have, but to accept? What would your sires do to you if you failed? What could you do if you refused?" Sherazhina seems almost incensed.

"They're all monsters, the fiends. Some show it, they twist themselves into unholy creatures so that their forms reflect their black souls - but these are the good ones, for the others will smile and bow to you and call you their honoured guest, their beloved friend, their most treasured ally - and so you won't see it when they slip the dagger into your back."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 05, 2015, 08:16:04 pm »

Anton follows suit, drinking the blood of the wolves, before turning towards brother Joseph.

"You have done well in my service, and so I shall... disregard your outburst for the time being, monk. But know that you must explain yourself when we return to the keep." Anton states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 05, 2015, 09:00:19 pm »

Joseph does not respond - he just stays hunched over the wolf.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:05:21 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 06, 2015, 12:35:05 am »

Anton looks at Joseph, and sighs.
"Fine then, we will deal with this now." Anton states, before quickly surrounding himself and Joseph in a shroud of sound stifilinh darkness.

"Explain yourself, brother. Why did you have mercy on this wolf?"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:37:28 am by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 06, 2015, 02:00:37 am »

Joseph waits a long time before answering.

"He doesn't deserve it brother. None of them did. All of them, they were innocent of all this, good and pure and kind, they were forced into the roles of monsters."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 06, 2015, 06:45:41 am »

Steeple gets a glassy-eyed look, hearing the girls' words of wisdom.

'Wow, it's almost like she sees right through us Prince Maurice,' he thinks to the stone in his pocket.

Then to Sherizina Ricardo Montoya, he says simply - "You know I'm mad, right?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 06, 2015, 07:44:56 am »

"I see." Lucien replied. "Perhaps he knows something about you my dear Ennius." he said in a kindly. "But do not get your hopes up."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 06, 2015, 12:29:23 pm »

"As a bat, yes."

Sherazhina sighs in resignation, and makes to leave the tent.

---

Ennius shakes his head.

"It wasn't a pleasant familiarity."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 06, 2015, 12:35:50 pm »

Joseph waits a long time before answering.

"He doesn't deserve it brother. None of them did. All of them, they were innocent of all this, good and pure and kind, they were forced into the roles of monsters."
Anton looks at the monk, pitifully, but then harshly states,
"Retaining your mercy for this animal will blind you, monk. Our duty is not to have mercy, but to dispense justice for God."

"And an agent sent against us is an agent fighting against Christ, no matter what it's intentions were. Kill it." Anton then commands, forcefully.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 06, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »

"I see." he replied. "So what are your take on the others?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 06, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

Anton looks at the monk, pitifully, but then harshly states,
"Retaining your mercy for this animal will blind you, monk. Our duty is not to have mercy, but to dispense justice for God."

"And an agent sent against us is an agent fighting against Christ, no matter what it's intentions were. Kill it." Anton then commands, forcefully.

Joseph turns his head now facing Anton. The templar sees the faint, wet glimmer of tears underneath Joseph's eyes. He also sees the fire of anger.

"No. He needs not die, he can be redeemed."

"I see." he replied. "So what are your take on the others?"

"What others?" Ennius asks questioningly.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:11 pm »

Joseph turns his head now facing Anton. The templar sees the faint, wet glimmer of tears underneath Joseph's eyes. He also sees the fire of anger.

"No. He needs not die, he can be redeemed."
"His redemption shall be through it's death. Otherwise, this dog shall return to corruption, just as all sinners do."

"Redeem it, monk. Purge the sin inside of it."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:40 pm »

"The other kindred. I know how i feel about them, but how do you feel about them?" He elaborates.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 06, 2015, 12:52:08 pm »

"His redemption shall be through it's death. Otherwise, this dog shall return to corruption, just as all sinners do."

"Redeem it, monk. Purge the sin inside of it."

"Is that how you wish to redeem the world? To burn it to the ground? Why should I not kill you then, as you sleep? Drag your body outside and let the sun claim you for the monster you are? Why not kill the innocent, knowing that they might sin in the future?"

Brother Joseph grimaces, and he drops the bloody sword he carried with him to the ground.

"This beast was forced to be a monster, if you give him the chance brother, if you give him the smallest chance, he will return to the fold. You must give him the chance you deny even yourself."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 06, 2015, 12:55:42 pm »

"The other kindred. I know how i feel about them, but how do you feel about them?" He elaborates.

Ennius ponders the question for a moment - "They are our allies, and maybe even our friends. They are not old, they have no schemes and plans within plans, they want their princedoms just as you do.

I like them, really. It would be wise to keep the bonds you make here. Eternity is hell if it's spent alone."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »

"Thank you for your candor," Steeple smiles to Sherizhina.

When the girl leaves the tent, Steeple consults his rock in private.

"I don't believe I've ever seen an angry bat; have you?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 06, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

"I don't know, that Mitruu fellow turned into a bat when he escaped your mighty arm in that ambush, he seemed pretty dour." Prince Maurice replies.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:05 pm »

"Is that how you wish to redeem the world? To burn it to the ground? Why should I not kill you then, as you sleep? Drag your body outside and let the sun claim you for the monster you are? Why not kill the innocent, knowing that they might sin in the future?"

Brother Joseph grimaces, and he drops the bloody sword he carried with him to the ground.

"This beast was forced to be a monster, if you give him the chance brother, if you give him the smallest chance, he will return to the fold. You must give him the chance you deny even yourself."
Anton chuckles slightly.
"From the ashes will rise a kingdom worthy of God's return, brother. Where sin no longer exists, for man will truly fear the Lord's wrath. I serve my purpose, and when I fulfill it, I will not hide from the Sun's embrace. But until that day comes, I will continue following God's chosen path for me."

"And as all creatures of the Sun, brother, this dog will return to it's master, and lap the tainted blood. Once tainted, nothing is redeemable. That is the true understanding of Via Noctis, the truth of this world. Redeem this animal, as God intended you to."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:10 pm »

Drakilian:
 "I don't know, that Mitruu fellow turned into a bat when he escaped your mighty arm in that ambush, he seemed pretty dour." Prince Maurice replies.

---

"Hmmm..." Steeple replies thoughtfully, "You may have something there..."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 06, 2015, 01:20:15 pm »

Lucien chuckles slightly at Ennius words. "I see." He smiled at the knight, not a fake smile, but a true happy smile.

"You are surprisingly talkative today Ennius. Finally warming up to me are we?" He asked

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 06, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

Daniel flies to Heldric and returns to his original form. "I just came from the cave. The fighting has probably stopped by now but more wolves appeared after you left. Before we go, what did that girl want?"
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 06, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »

Anton chuckles slightly.
"From the ashes will rise a kingdom worthy of God's return, brother. Where sin no longer exists, for man will truly fear the Lord's wrath. I serve my purpose, and when I fulfill it, I will not hide from the Sun's embrace. But until that day comes, I will continue following God's chosen path for me."

"And as all creatures of the Sun, brother, this dog will return to it's master, and lap the tainted blood. Once tainted, nothing is redeemable. That is the true understanding of Via Noctis, the truth of this world. Redeem this animal, as God intended you to."

"As God intended me to. The God you and I see must be different Gods, mine would never be so cruel. I will have no part in this."

But Anton sees that, unlike the past few times, Joseph seems unsure of his words.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:53:03 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 06, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »

Lucien chuckles slightly at Ennius words. "I see." He smiled at the knight, not a fake smile, but a true happy smile.

"You are surprisingly talkative today Ennius. Finally warming up to me are we?" He asked

"I don't think I can ever be warm again, Lucien, but something's wrong about a lot of my unlife, a lot of things are missing. I don't know what I was doing when I attacked your sire."

He pauses contemplatively.

"But despite what happened, I can't help but feel i'm better off for it."

"Hmmm..." Steeple replies thoughtfully, "You may have something there..."

"Clearly our only possible course of action is to turn into angry bats and throw porcupines at her."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 06, 2015, 02:03:32 pm »

"As God intended me to. The God you and I see must be different Gods, mine would never be so cruel. I will have no part in this."

But Anton sees that, unlike the past few times, Joseph seems unsure of his words.
"Brother, God is not cruel. He has sent us to pave way for the eternal kingdom. To save his flock. There is nothing cruel about that."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 06, 2015, 02:05:39 pm »

"I simply must learn that one," Steeple muses. "Animalism, I do believe..."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »

"Life is sacred brother. This beast has the fire of life within him still. I would not extinguish that fire."

There is sadness is Joseph's voice. He still kneels by the wolf.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 06, 2015, 02:17:44 pm »

"I simply must learn that one," Steeple muses. "Animalism, I do believe..."

"Yes! We can possess the bats instead of actually turning into them! Brilliant! Brilliant I say!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 06, 2015, 02:22:15 pm »

"Life is sacred brother. This beast has the fire of life within him still. I would not extinguish that fire."

There is sadness is Joseph's voice. He still kneels by the wolf.
"the only thing in this world that is sacred is the Soul, brother. Everything else will be used for sin and corruption. And once something has been corrupted, the only thing we can do it redeem it."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 06, 2015, 02:32:29 pm »

"Perhaps just a foolish decision. But if i know you, thats probarly not the case." he replied casually. "You know, sooner or later your past is going to catch up to us." He looked at him in a friendly way. "But for now im glad your glad." He patted him on the back.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 06, 2015, 02:40:26 pm »

"You said yourself, they have no souls."

Joseph holds his hand gently over the twisted wolf's chest, as it rises and falls with the creature's breathing.

"Perhaps just a foolish decision. But if i know you, thats probarly not the case." he replied casually. "You know, sooner or later your past is going to catch up to us." He looked at him in a friendly way. "But for now im glad your glad." He patted him on the back.

Ennius accepts the pat - (fade-out?)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 06, 2015, 02:48:53 pm »

Joseph holds his hand gently over the twisted wolf's chest, as it rises and falls with the creature's breathing.

"And as such, it is nothing but corruption, brother. Remove it from this earth." He then commands,

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 06, 2015, 02:54:40 pm »

Heldric pets Mr. whitey caringly "You poor thing, forced to act like that. We will have to give you agreat treat later."

Then as the Gangrel finally returns to form "It seems she was the mastermind or at least the middle man behind this particular ambush, she had a message, or questions for us, I shall relay it to the group as soon as they finish within the cave."

He then pets Mr. Whitey angain and heads for the cave.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 06, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »

"I expect you all to be distracted, the movers in our society are extremely interested in the course this crusade takes, I have no doubt that, given your competence, you will be representing rather important people when the time comes to guide the mortals." Vykos replies.

Kiril shrugs noncommittally.  "I suppose we shall see."
"Given your competence?" That's . . . an odd thing to say, when he's just saved us from total ruin.  Is he trying to be flattering, or insulting?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 06, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »

Joseph closes his eyes, and his hand seeks the blade.

Afterwards he says softly - so softly that Anton almost fails to hear it - "I pray for your forgiveness, brother."

The knight isn't sure the monk meant him.

---

Moving through the foliage Heldric arrives to see a sphere of darkness. Andreas, surrounded by the bodies of broken wolves, beams at him. He gestures for his blood-brother to join him.

Kiril shrugs noncommittally.  "I suppose we shall see."
"Given your competence?" That's . . . an odd thing to say, when he's just saved us from total ruin.  Is he trying to be flattering, or insulting?

"Then again, you might be busy dealing with war in your own lands - animosity is growing between the Patricians and the Eastern Fiends, they say Lord Jürgen plans an invasion to reinforce Arpad power in the region."

Vykos says off-handedly, looking at the assistant mason as he goes about ordering the workers in Sylvian's absence.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:15 pm »

kiril also directs his attention towards the mason, wondering what might have caught the tzimisce' attention.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:35 pm »

The assistant continues shouting orders - he looks aside for a short moment, feeling the gaze of the two vampires burning into his back. His eyes briefly stay on Vykos' face and then he turns rapidly away from Kiril's.

"I hope for your great success here, Kiril. I want you all to be the princes your sires have promised to make you. Your efforts here will progress smoothly, I give you my word I will speak with Mircea."

Vykos bows his head briefly to Kiril.

"Unfortunately, I must take my leave, I have been here far too long already."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:19:20 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 06, 2015, 03:28:17 pm »

"Until we meet again, then."  Kiril bows in reply.

Once Myca has departed, he heads off to find Sherazhina and Carinus.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 06, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »

[cant quote the joseph part]

Anton nods, and waits silently.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 06, 2015, 03:36:46 pm »

Going back towards the tent he finds Steeple (alone). He does hear the sound of movement somewhere to his left, however.

Following it he sees Carinus carrying a large cloth bag lightly stained with some unidentified liquids. It's probably just dirt, right?

Sherazhina is there with him. She falls silent at Kiril's approach - but on realizing who it is her relief is plainly visible.

"Kiril, you left Vykos quickly."

---

Anton hears and sees Heldric enter the cavern, Mr. Whitey at his feet.

Joseph gets up slowly.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »

(Assuming they are away from steeples attention.) "I was worried about you.  You seemed terribly distressed by something while we were talking."

(Kiril wouldn't dream of prying into carinus's affairs.)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:34 pm »

"Vykos is not to be trusted" she says, earnestly.

"This offer he makes you, it reeks of manipulation - you were not asked, you were given the choice between death and salvation, and he came so well prepared to be your salvation."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 06, 2015, 03:54:34 pm »

"Good." Anton states, and then disperses the shroud, and turns to Heldric.

"Are the wolves outside taken care of?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 06, 2015, 04:13:31 pm »

"Vykos is not to be trusted" she says, earnestly.

"This offer he makes you, it reeks of manipulation - you were not asked, you were given the choice between death and salvation, and he came so well prepared to be your salvation."

"He did share a meaningful glance with the mason. . ." Kiril muses.  "Carinus?  Is that mason essential to our efforts?"

He returns his attention to Sherazhina.  "It would be a shame if Myca were behind our recent misfortunes.  I wanted to like him."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 06, 2015, 04:18:22 pm »

Carinus' lips curve slightly, the suggestion of a smile.

"Not at all."

"Of course you did, the Fiends excel at that." Sherazhina says, rather bitterly.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 06, 2015, 04:25:47 pm »

"All right." Kiril nods to Carinus. "Take care of it."

To Sherazhina, he replies, "I wasn't interested in him for his charm. He's simply the only civilized kindred we've seen in weeks."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 06, 2015, 04:40:43 pm »

Carinus disappears quietly.

"His civility is a merely a well-crafted mask made to hide his depravity, I promise you."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 06, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

"At least he hides it," Kiril points out.  "Unlike the rest of these idiots.

I want you to stay away from them. Especially Lucien and Steeple."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up