Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening  (Read 118586 times)

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »

Jackson's punch connects perfectly as Drackalicious is unable to dodge out on the way. At the same time, Nina realizes that the lockers contain 3 complete sets of combat armour (complete means with helmet and built in comms) and two military issue assault rifles.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »

Nina takes armor and assault rifle.
"Nina glad she get armor and rifle!" She cheers, oblivious to Jackson vs Drakilicious

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »

"What the hell man?" Drakalicious says angrily.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2015, 03:43:32 pm »

"They. . . They're people, too, aren't they?" says Jackson.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »

Derek takes the other set of armor and rifle.

"Here, a free gun."he says as h gives the gun to jackson.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

"Literally our entire purpose on this base is to train so that we can brutally murder their entire race! If these Farking idiots weren't ready to die they shouldn't have come to war, they shouldn't have invaded our base and they sure as Fark shouldn't have killed those two officers!"

This said, Drakalicious scoops down to pick up a plasma pistol.

"You see this? You see this gun right here? What do you think it's for? Do you think it's a goddamn decoration?!"

He points the gun to an empty wall and then fires.

"This is meant to kill! This is meant to kill other living beings, and they were carrying these guns, and I bet you that if we gave them anything approaching a chance they would have used them on us. We're alive because they're dead, if you have a problem with that then you can go ahead and let the next group kill you."

This being said, Drakalicious holsters the pistol and puts on a suit of combat armor out of the locker.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 03:52:16 pm »

"It's a matter of survival Jackson, that's not a reason to start attacking each other. Let's grab what we can and get moving."

Mikael says as he heads over to grab a suit and rifle. Due to his preference to heavy weaponry he is willing to trade his rifle for something 'better'.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2015, 04:09:40 pm »

Derek, Drackalicious and Nina now have a full set of combat Armour. If they swipe their cards near the helmet they can link their comms direct to their fireteam line or they can do it manually. (No more armor)

Derek has a pistol and offers Jackson the Assault rifle
Drackalicious has a plasma pistol
Nina has the second AR
there is one pistol and one plasma pistol remaining on the floor, Jackson can accept or refuse the AR from Derek

Drackalicious took a single Vit point of damage from Jackson's attack as Jackson's heart wasn't really into causing him real damage.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2015, 04:14:58 pm »

Jackson will take the AR, for now.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2015, 04:24:46 pm »

As the team organize their new gear, Drackalicious attempts to fire his pistol into the wall. First he needs to work out how to use it. After a moment he realizes that he must hold his thumb over the little hologram to release the 'safety' then pull the trigger to fire it.

He feels the heat from the plasma bolt as he fires it, the colored orb blasts into the wall leaving scorch marks and sending chips of the wall flying around it as green arcs of lightning dance around the impact point for a few seconds. The entire team notes that they REALLY do not want to get hit with super-heated plasma.

As that realization sinks in Drackalicious hears a noise from the staircase up to the next floor. It sounds entirely alien, and it sounds both big and pissed off.

There is still 1 pistol and 1 plasma unclaimed on the floor.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:31:58 pm by Forge »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »

"Everybody hide. go, go, go..." Mikael says in a low voice as he moves to hide himself from sight.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 04:33:45 pm »

Drakalicious begins charging the Plasma pistol as he looks for a hidden position to fire from.

In a hushed voice, he whispers to the group.

"We're armed now, and we're dangerous. This sounds like it's only one guy. We're at war everyone, let's kill this bastard before he kills us."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 04:34:32 pm »

"Drakilicious why you draw attention." Nina mutters quietly

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »

"Drak, if you you get me killed ill kill you!" Derek says as he quickly makes his waynfor cover.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2015, 04:43:16 pm »

"No one is killing anyone!" Jackson indignantly begins, then quickly realizes he should also find a hiding place.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 02, 2015, 04:49:33 pm »

The other cadets also dive behind the sparse cover available in the room and all manage Partial-cover at best.

The see something turn the corner and what is easily recognizable as an 'Elite' stomp down to the base of the stairs. Over 8 foot tall, wearing blue armor and carrying what is clearly a bigger weapon than the grunts had, it pretty much immediately spots the dead grunts and lets out a loud roar. The team sees it's bottom jaw split open revealing its teeth. It is clearly pissed off now and ready for battle, a noise from the floor above responds to the roar.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2015, 04:51:18 pm »

Drackalicious fires the charged Plasma bolt - spending luck (no more than one luck point) if he has to to make it hit.

Surprise attacks FTW!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:53:51 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »

Nina fires assault rifle gun like Russians do. Shouting.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:29 pm »

Without thinking, Jackson fires the weapon right into the monster's gaping mouth hole.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

Derek, sprays and prays.

Spending a luck if needed.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2015, 05:25:20 pm »

Combat Phase Begins

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet
Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Rouge
Mik
Jackson
Nina

Flat footed for the first round the Elite does not get a turn, everyone else gets a single first turn action as per normal.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »

Mikael waits behind his cover until the alien is dead so he can run up and grab the weapon(s).

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2015, 06:14:15 pm »

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet
Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Rouge
Mik
Jackson
Nina

As the Ambush begins, the un-named friend of Rouge realizes that all the cadets ran into hiding leaving two perfectly usable weapons on the floor! He runs out into the open, grabbing up the Human M6 pistol to use on the Elite.

The Elite however is not Dumb, he sees what is going on and would have blasted the foolish cadet apart had the others not acted at the same moment.

Drackalicious releases his charge blot of plasma just as the elite begins reacting to the the un-named cadet. he watches almost in slow motion as the elites movement takes it out of the the path of the large plasma bolt. He knows in his heart that he has missed the shot. Then he watches it actually curve in the air as the elite tries to dodge and explodes an inch from the Elites face.

The entire team sees a shimmering coat of purple light fluctuate around the Elite as green arcs of lightning run over it in every direction. Suddenly it pops like a balloon, the Elite falls back a step and seems to be temporarily blinded by the plasma hitting right in front of its face.

Derek opens up with his pistol, blasting into the Elites Chest, Will Tries to pretend that he isn't there, Rouge thinks it best to stay half-hidden for now. Mik thinks the same thing and stays in cover.

Jackson and Nina then Open fire with the Assault rifles on the reeling Elite. Both burst fire their ARs right into the elite (You didn't specify firing type so I selected burst) and see their bullets hit the enemy cleanly.

There is blood, it's not the same colour as human blood, but they are pretty sure it is bleeding and the Elite is clearly wounded, but it is not dead and is still fighting.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:19:53 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2015, 06:30:27 pm »

Throwing common sense to the wind, Jackson runs forward, dropping his AR and trying to wrestle the Elites weapon away from it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »

Drakalicious fires again, hoping he can react before Jackson gets himself killed.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2015, 07:16:36 pm »

derek dives for the rifle while doing another spray and pray with the.. eugh.. gun.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »

"Nina shoot gun!" She shouts

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2015, 01:39:08 am »

"Derek! Toss me a gun so I can help!" Mikael yells over the plasma and gun fire to his squadmate.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2015, 12:04:26 pm »

The Elite lets our a huge roar of anger, their race, especially the warriors does not submit so easily. He burns a surge to ignore the effects of the temporary blindness put on him and burns a luck on his roll to give him a critical success. He opens fire with his weapon on the Un-named Cadet  who ran out to get a gun.

The team watches beautiful blue bolts of light spray out of his plasma rifle right into the cadet. They then watche him get knocked backwards off his feet and fall onto his back, his entire chest turned into a steaming black ruin.

Drackalicious then fires his pistol again in its normal mode, seeing the green bolt of light hitting the Elite cleanly this time, no shielding left to help it. Derek Also opens fire with his pistol as he does a side diving commando roll shooting one handed like he saw in that movie one time. He sees his bullets pierce right through the weakened armor where the plasma had just hit. The Elite falls backwards clearly now dead. Derek arrives beside Jackson who is only just dropping the AR.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:39:13 pm by Forge »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2015, 01:09:56 pm »

"Screw the rifle i want that!" Derek says as he sprints for the plasma rifle.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2015, 01:57:24 pm »

Annoyed but cautious in case more aliens arrive, Mikael runs over to take one of Derek's guns.
 "Stop hoarding all the weapons you idiot. Some of us can pull a trigger too you know."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2015, 02:30:54 pm »

"A plasma rifle and a pistol us hardly hoarding." he says as he takes up the rife and tries to figure out how it works.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2015, 02:33:03 pm »

"It is now, squad buddy. We need every gun we can carry." She states.

"We go to marines in sim room now?" She asks outloud

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2015, 04:09:20 pm »

Drakalicious looks over the elite's body for anything else while listening very carefully to hear if any of the aliens it had previously called to were on their way down.

"Actually, I think we should take a detour to the officer's quarters before we go back to the sim room. They keep weapons there, right? we could use everyone we get.

Oh, also, may that random dude's soul rest in peace, I guess."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:11:42 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2015, 04:10:36 pm »

Jackson, having failed in his stated life goal, is saddened.

He decides to examine the alien, using his medical training to see if he can learn anything interesting from it.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »

Derek makes his run, leaving the AR on the ground beside Jackson and grabs up the Covenant weapon like a child on Christmas. He begins fiddling with it, but as Drackalicious has yet to tell anyone else about how he worked the plasma pistol, he has no immediate success. Mik fails the grab at the pistol but does see the un-claimed plasma pistol on the ground just a few feet away.

Drackalicious and Jackson jog over to examine the Elites corpse, sparing barely a glance at the other Cadet who may have still been alive, lying in the middle of the room. Drackalicious remembers that he is in fact on the ground floor of the officers quarters right now, hence the dead officers, and the officers lockers with weapons inside them, but he pretends like nothing happened and hopes no-one else mentions it. Will grabs up the fallen pistol as Rouge claims the dropped AR.

As they reach the body they see that it is very similar in many ways to humans, just with Blue blood. Flesh over bone, similar anatomical structure. the other thing they notice os the effect of the weapons on it. the bullets did much as they would to a human. dents and scars in the armor and holes in the flesh. The plasma however is very different. Jackson finally thinks he can sum up the effect of the plasma weapons on biological beings like humans:

Injuries inflicted to a victim can include severe third-degree burns. The Plasma shot by the weapon can instantly cauterize wounds upon impact. Adjacent body fluids are subjected to flash vaporization, inducing a strain or a shock on the body after impact, and the trapping of fluids in organs or blood vessels in addition to the rapid expansion of heat can cause ruptures or small explosions within the victim. Repeated hits can cause 4th degree burns where flesh is literally incinerated away leaving exposed and charred bone.

Derek then finally works out about holding a thumb permanently over the holographic symbol thingy to act as releasing the safely before pulling the thing vaguely resembling a trigger. He looks up to tell the rest of the team what he worked out when a slight noise behind him causes him to spin around, Drakalicious finds two strange purple balls on the elite's belt as he also hears it and looks up.

A Grunt is turning the corner of the stairs with a plasma pistol already beginning to charge, it seems like the noise they heard was the weapon starting it's charge cycle.

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet
Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Grunt 3
Rouge
Grunt 2
Mik
Jackson
Grunt 1
Nina
Grunt 4
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:46:33 pm by Forge »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »

Derek runs straight towards thw grunt while shouting like a madman. "aasrrgghhjhj mothaaafackaaa" hoping to scare it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:36:14 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »

Drakalicious dives back into his previous cover.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:39:33 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »

Combat interruption (Since no-one after Daed and Drak would get a turn anyway...

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet
Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Grunt 3
Rouge
Grunt 2
Mik
Jackson
Grunt 1
Nina
Grunt 4

Drackalicious shows how a combat-ready eunuch reacts to a small, not very threatening alien and leaps away behind a half broken locker for partial cover.

The Grunt has rounded the corner ready to fire it's charged plasma pistol when it sees it's fallen commander, brutally slain at the base of the stairs. It surprisingly passes its will check and resolutely plans to keep fighting until an enemy comes leaping towards it screaming like a blood crazed Kig-Yar after a wounded comrade. It immediately breaks and flees combat, firing its plasma off into the ceiling in it's panic. (Derek's action forced the flee so the grunt ignored init order and fled right away)

Now everything is the same as before but no visible grunt on the stairs, Derek half way up the bottom half of the stairs and Drackilicious is lying on the ground.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2015, 06:12:21 pm »

Drakalicious begins charging the plasma pistol to go mercilessly murder some more grunts.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »

"We head back to Marines now." Nina states.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2015, 11:10:16 pm »

Jackson belatedly thinks to check rouge's forever-to-be-unnamed friend.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2015, 12:41:49 am »

"Wow. I cant believe that worked. is my face really that scary?" Derek says to the group, he walks back down tonthe others.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2015, 12:46:15 am »

Drakalicious nods affirmatively, giving Derek two big thumbs up for emphasis.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 12:52:24 am »

"Ass." he replies with a big smile.

"Now, are we going to help them or not?" He asks.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2015, 09:38:39 am »

Mikael picks up the pistol near him, checking to make sure he has the safety on.
 "I think we should just try to get off this planet or flee into a remote part of the planet to hide."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2015, 10:27:43 am »

"And them, should we just leave them to die? NO! Im not leaving them."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2015, 10:47:49 am »

"I'm all for saving other people, but we need to be concerned about actually surviving this attack. Trying to be a Hero will likely get more of us killed."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2015, 10:51:01 am »

"Nina think that going to experienced fighters is safer then not." Nina states,

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2015, 10:59:32 am »

"Can you even hear yourself? A coward. You're a coward. we're going to need their help, and right now they need purs. And you just want to watch them die? Go on alone if you're so concerned about yourself." Derek replies with a charismatic tone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up