Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening  (Read 118572 times)

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2015, 11:12:08 am »

"I'm a coward for knowing when to call for a retreat? Not every battle can be won and sometimes people die, I'm all for helping them but I'm just pointing out the need to get out of this burning hole."
 Mikael waves at the general area and the building.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2015, 11:14:45 am »

"We be safer with marines who killed elite and grunts. They not in danger no more," Nina repeats.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2015, 02:41:50 pm »

Mik grabs up the plasma pistol from the floor and successfully realizes that the safety is permanently on and only releases once his thumb is held over a weird hologram, then goes back on the second his thumb moves.

The others take time to discuss their next move while Jackson checks on Rouge's friend, sadly finding him very dead, the entire front of his chest burnt down to the bone with his internal organs partly visible and fried or burnt. the only thing Jackson finds on him is a picture of a girl around their age.

As the group talks they notice noise on the stairs again as two more grunts appear round the corner, running down towards them. They cannot tell is one is the same as the one before.

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet

Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Grunt 3
Rouge
Grunt 2
Mik
Jackson
Grunt 1
Nina
Grunt 4
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:58:37 pm by Forge »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2015, 02:55:10 pm »

"Uh oh. Drakybooy, try throwing one of those plasma balls!" Derek said while rushing to cover. Once in cover he will unleash a torrent of plasma bullets.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2015, 03:54:16 pm »

Drakalicious fires the charged plasma bolt (charged in the last post) at Grunt three.

No need to waste grenades on this canon fodder.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:08:03 pm by Drakilian »

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2015, 11:48:21 pm »

Mik fires several rapid shots at the other grunt as he tries to dodge any attacks.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2015, 12:35:00 pm »

Init:
Elite 1
un-named cadet

Drackalicious
Derek
Will
Grunt 3
Rouge
Grunt 2
Mik
Jackson
Grunt 1
Nina
Grunt 4

As the two grunts come down the stairs, the party reacts quickly, Drackalicious moves back behind his partial cover as he takes aim at one of the grunts and releases his charged plasma bolt. It flies out, but at the last second it ducks out of the way and the bolt doesn't seem to curve at it like it did with the elite. The plasma pistol then springs open with its cooling vents pumping out air as hot as steam, Drackalicious, caught by surprise manages to dodge getting badly burnt but drops the pistol at his own feet.

Derek acts the same way but on the other side of the stairs, he moves behind cover and opens up with a torrent of fire (Taking this to mean a full auto) at the grunts on the stairs. A stream of blue plasma blasts out of the gun but Derek has not mastered how to use this particular weapon yet and the bolts miss both grunts by inches, one falls to the ground after dodging while the other keeps it's feet, still ready to fire.

Seeing the predicament they are in now, Will decides that despite being a tech, he has to step-up and take out some aliens. He spends a luck to ensure success and opens fire with his pistol, nailing the little alien clean in the... sort of ... vaguely chest type of area... he thinks. Blue blood comes out though so he knows he scored a clean hit. He then tries to make himself as small as possible behind cover.

Grunt three then takes his cue, but is currently lying on the floor so quickly gets to his feet and opens fire with his plasma pistol. the one who stole his commanders gun is clearly the best target so that is who he shoots at. he opens fire at Derek who is trying to hide behind a small crate that isn't big enough to cover his body, the plasma flies right at him and hits the box right in front of his face, just giving him time to duck, Derek knows that if he hadn't been in cover, that was going to get him in the head.

Rouge then opens fire with the AR he had taken after Jackson dropped it, firing twice, once at each grunt. He misses the first but hits a burst of fire clean into the un-injured grunt and watches it stagger back, clearly wounded.

The second grunt then finally gets to act, firing at the weird thing that just injured it, he fires at Will, barely missing the cadet. Will feels the heat of the bolt passing a few inches away from him. Mik then opens fire with the plasma pistol he had picked up. He is unsure if he would have hit the wounded grunt or not but the grunt panics, slips on its own blood and falls head first into the bolt. It doesn't move again.

Jackson runs behind cover as he does not currently have a weapon and uses his threat assessment abilities on the grunts, calling out his finding. "The grunts are clearly weaker than us individually, low accuracy and easily startled and scared. They should only be a big threat in larger groups or when lead by an Elite. The Covenant should know this, expect more of them!"

As if reacting to his pronouncement the team sees another grunt rounding the corner of the stairs and firing at Drackalicious, luckily the mention of their bad accuracy was also true and the bolt hits the floor over a foot from the Cadet.

Nina then shouts "Fire like Russian!" and opens up full auto on the two remaining grunts on the stairwell. She holds the trigger down until the clip is empty then ducks back into cover to swap clips out. One grunt is doing a great impression of Swiss Cheese while the new arrival is clearly gravely injured but still standing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:38:17 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2015, 09:56:53 am »

Jackson remains behind cover, continuing to assess threats. If there's a free weapon in easy reach, he'll try to pick it up, otherwise he's staying put until the group is ready to move on.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:20 am »

Nina fires more like russian! Nina can't fire more like russian, so she runs and starts hitting puny grunt with assault rifle  like russian.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 04:15:25 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »

Drakalicious rushes the badly injured grunt (CC penalties to ranged weapons FTW!) and begins just wailing on it.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2015, 12:14:21 pm »

"We need to get out of this room guys!"
 Mik says to his allies as he aims at the door just in case something else tries to attack them.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »

Drackalicious rushes towards the injured grunt, it looks like it wants to flee but is too injured. Just before he reaches it however he sees one more grunt just round the corner. It's arms are both in the air and seem coated in swirling purple light and mist.

(Makes reaction save so I'm allowing you to change your second action here)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2015, 01:27:19 pm »

"AUUUTOOOO" Derek shouts while firing full auto again.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2015, 01:28:44 pm »

Drakalicious promptly turns around and runs back the other way, screaming as he runs -  "MAGIC GRUNTS, MAGIC GRUNTS!"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2015, 01:38:19 pm »

Drakalicious immediatly turns and runs as the Grunt rounds the corner, he dives clear as Derek once more opens up full auto on the grunt on the stairs.

The plasma pulls high but Derek knows this now and corrects perfectly, the first 6 or 7 bolts hitting the wounded grunt and blasting it back into the wall, a very crispy version of itself. The rest of the bolts take the grunt with glowing hands cleanly as well. It takes several hits before falling to the ground, dropping the glowing lights which instantly seem to bind to the other bodies on the stairs.

They then oth suddenly explode, filling the entire stairway with purple light.

As the light clears, the team sees that there is very little of anything left on the stairs, the body pieces of the grunts and elite are small charred pieces scattered around the room.

Mik keeps a careful eye out it detects no other enemies from the door, stairs up or stairs down.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2015, 01:43:30 pm »

"If those were the plasma grenades I picked up from that Elite, then this is awesome."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2015, 02:10:56 pm »

Derek wants to know if he saw their gas masks.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2015, 02:11:23 pm »

Jackson, as previously mentioned, is still assessing threats.  He decides while he's at it, he may as well assess whether the stairs are intact enough to pass.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »

"We head now to armory or marines?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2015, 02:13:55 pm »

"Loot the bodies first!" Drakalicious declares, checking the bodies to see if they were even intact enough to be lootable.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:37:15 pm by Drakilian »

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2015, 02:32:25 pm »

Derek had not noted any particular items of clothing they were wearing or holding. Jackson notes that the stairs are scorched etc. but seem structurally sound, if coated in burnt body parts.

It seems that currently they cannot detect any other enemies in the area. Jackson begins looting the bigger body parts and a couple of the others join in, after a few moments they have found two intact plasma pistols, anything else is too damaged to count as loot.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2015, 02:39:12 pm »

Drakalicious takes a second Plasma pistol, so that he doesn't have to worry about what to do when his other plasma pistol is overheating or charging.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2015, 03:12:09 pm »

Jackson lets the eunuch take that plasma pistol, it'll probably be more useful with him anyway.  He offers the other one to Derek, since he seems to really like guns.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2015, 08:08:54 pm »

"Let's move out guys, I'd rather not be stuck in this room if one of those plasma bombs get tossed in here."
  Mik moves to check the hallway before checking upstairs while trying to be stealthy.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »

"Let's move out guys, I'd rather not be stuck in this room if one of those plasma bombs get tossed in here."
  Mik moves to check the hallway before checking upstairs while trying to be stealthy.

Mik quickly and carefully sticks his head out the door. He sees nothing.

He then pops upstairs and peeks around, no more aliens up here either! He sees the officers living areas and personal effect lockers and computers.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »

After looting the personal effect lockers (and sharing the contents with the team), Drakalicious continues going down the corridor to the armory.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2015, 10:06:52 pm »

"Hacker boy should check computers again." Nina states

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2015, 10:41:03 pm »

Drackalicious find the normal personal things but does come out with an officers keycard.

Will immediatly grabs it and uses it on the computer that Nina points him at "Awesome, officer level clearance!"

After a few moments things pop up on the screen. "Ok Guys the evac is well underway, alien ships coming from the south in force. Looks like the marines still have control of the West of the base but the medical bay just went dark a few moments ago, could just be power out or could be they got hit."

He pauses then flicks things around a bit more "Guys there is defiantly somthing odd on this base it's..." The computer then fries just like the one before "Ok this time I saw it, it's a fail safe, there's somthing not normal on the West side of the base, uses FAR too much power and vents."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2015, 08:54:48 pm »

"Then i say we find it, and destroy it." Derek says.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:40 pm »

"We should tell marines about it." Nina replies.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:12 pm »

"Armory!" Drakalicious says.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2015, 08:43:20 am »

"So, the marines have control in the West, but something there is using a lot of power?  And when you try to look at it, the computer breaks?"

Jackson tries using his threat assessing skills on the group.  How well-outfitted are they?  Is going to the armory necessary?

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2015, 11:36:18 am »

Jackson sizes up the group and decides that the three with armor on are fairly well sorted out, there are enough weapons for all even if most are smaller weapons. To be up to full strength they do need to acquire more armor and helmets, they should probably activate their helmet comms, which no-one has done, this would allow those with helms to communicate while not together.

The Armory is the best chance at more gear although the fight in the Sim room will probably be ending soon to.

Will nods in response "Yup, something is using loads of power, I was only able to even see it because of the officer level clearance then the computer fried just like the last one."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:46:39 pm by Forge »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2015, 01:43:58 pm »

"Didn't we leave in the first place to try & find a way to help those people in the sim room?" says Jackson. 

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:06 pm »

"Maybe you did, I came here for the weapons" Drakalicious says.

He then activates his comm link (totally thought they came already on XD)

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2015, 04:21:33 pm »

"Okay, but what then?  I mean, once you get all the weapons or whatever, what are you going to do after that?"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2015, 04:22:56 pm »

Drackalicious flicks the comms on and they set to his fire team channel

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

Drakalicious looks Jackson seriously in the eyes and then says - "Then we kill the aliens and get more weapons."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2015, 07:10:56 pm »

Jackson frowns.  "I'm not down with that. Sounds boring."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »

"Nina thinks we should go to marines and help there." Nina states. "They need to know what we know if they don't know."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2015, 07:25:15 pm »

"And if they do know what we know, then you know that they'll know what we should do next, y'know?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2015, 11:19:16 am »

"To the marines we go!" Derek announces as he started sneaking to the marines.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2015, 11:57:18 am »

Jackson assesses the danger of splitting into two teams.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2015, 12:07:16 pm »

Jackson assesses the danger of splitting into two teams.

It is generally dumb, bad in horror movies, but sometimes pays off. He cannot work out whether it will be bad or good here.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:04 pm »

Drakalicious will head to the armory, regardless of where the others go. He will be extra cautious, just in case there are even more aliens in the armory.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »

The team splits up, they have different goals in mind and it is not always bad when groups slip up to accomplish simultaneous goals.

Derek, Nina, Jackson and Mik head back to the marines (East Team)

Steve (Drackalicious) Rouge and Will head on to the Armoury in order to gain more weapons. (West Team)

The East team know they are going a very short distance back the way they came so quickly reach the door to the Sim room without incident. There are no more sounds of battle when the door slides open.

The West team however have the harder task, they are planning on sneaking past the entrance to the Admin Offices, the seating and waiting area which has a clear view of the courtyard, the corridor to the medical centre and storage room and the entrance to the dining room.

The Sneaking goes pretty well to the West, they are not overly loud but there is some debris on the ground and some noise is made when passing by it. They reach the the corridor which heads North to the storage area when Will Suddenly lets out a grunt and rises two feet off the ground. As Drackalicious and Rouge turn around they see him suspended in mid air with what appears to be a sliver of glowing energy in the shape of a sword sticking clean out of the centre of his chest, very slowly cutting upwards as his body is suspended from it. Briefly they see a shimmer behind him, somthing similar to the distortion caused by heat rising off tarmac. Rouge lets out a cry of alarm and jumps back.

Rouge and Drackalicious are now just past the corridor to the North, Will is suspended in mid air, clearly dead or close too it and the rest of the cadets are at the entrance to the Sim room, however they have heard the shout of alarm and they can also see Will's floating body.

Suddenly Will moves as he is flung aside and off the sword, slamming into the wall and slumping down, a large cauterized gash clearly visible through his chest. The shimmering effect happens again and Drackalicious and Rouge hear somthing that sounds like alien laughter as they see the disembodied sword move their way.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »

Drakalicious immediately tosses a grenade at the invisible-kill machine sword thing (confident that even if he misses, it's a plasma grenade) and runs for the hills (or the other cadets, you know, either one).

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2015, 04:39:43 pm »

Nina looks through the glass to find the marines!
"Marines where are you?" She asks outloud

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2015, 03:27:19 pm »

"What are you yelling for Nina? There could be aliens in here."
 Mik whispers in an annoyed tone to his squadmate before trying to sneak to nearby cover.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2015, 10:31:49 am »

Jackson assesses threats, ready to try & pull Nina to safety if need be.  Orherwise, he hopes to help any non-dead marines. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up