Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening  (Read 118550 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 03:18:24 pm »

"To the Sim Room!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:40 pm »

"What?! What's going on?"  Jackolantern, who wanted to go to the sim room in the first place, leaves dorm b to catch up with drakalicious, derekalicious, and rouge.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 06:31:47 pm »

Nina follows.
"We go simulation room now."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »

"Best idea yet." Derek says And follows.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 09:00:03 pm »

All of the cadets realize the urgency of the situations and run over to the Sim room where they can assess things properly. They pile in, the automatic doors closing behind them and they see everything on the monitors clearly.

The East wall has indeed been breached. Looks like it was blasted in with some form of plasma explosive due to the scorch marks. To theNorth West there are 5 fully geared up marines or cadets fighting for their lives but there is little to no cover for them and 3 more already lie dead near them.

Closing in on them are the Aliens, using their superior numbers and the lack of cover to overwhelm. 5 of the short ones with the bulbous tail (Grunts), 3 of the lithe fast ones (jackals) 2 of them carrying strange glowing shields in their arms, and 1 Elite using what looks like an automatic plasma weapon. The elite appears to be concentrating more on directing the others though.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 09:06:22 pm »

Drakalicious looks at the odds and realizes that these marines aren't likely to survive.

"One or two of us has to stay here and man the simulation room controls, try to give the marines as much time as possible while the rest of us get to the armory. They won't win, even if we help them out with the sim controls they don't stand a chance against these guys unless we can back them up with real, killing weapons."

As he speaks, he tries to use the simulation controls to make it seem as if the doors have just opened and marine reinforcements (all armed with melee weapons - so that there's an excuse for why they don't just all immediately shoot the aliens to death) have arrived to help the ones currently trapped inside. - two groups of 10 people. If the aliens fire on the marines he would try to make it seem as if they were hit and injured/killed.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 09:30:14 pm »

Drackalicious jumps into a controls seat and since he has never used this system before... Basically begins hitting random things with appropriate names. Some weird noises happen and it looks like the system might actually crash until he is literally shoved out of the way by Will who takes his seat while saying "Dude seriously, the computer illiterate need to not touch the military grade hardware ok? Leave it to the techs?" Will quickly gets to work (and spends a luck to boost his success to an extra success).

In moments the system around them announces. "Close combat Smoke Screen Training. Do not enter the field while adaption is active." The room instantly begins to change, cover appearing out of the ground, walls and floor to form a labyrinth, one all cadets are very familiar with, first years spend weeks in this set-up training. As things change the previously beleaguered marines wave at a camera, Only Nina recognizes the signal however as "provide distraction" the other thinking they just waved their thanks.

The team in the Sim room see the Marines put their training to use, they know the layout and where holographic and board target will pop out but the Covenant don't so while the Marine's take up field dominating positions, the covenant are entirely flat footed, smoke suddenly pumping in from seemingly random vents in the floor only makes things worse for the Aliens, only the Elite appears to have any idea what is happening.

Will stands up again. "Right, that scenario will run for half an hour on auto now, and I'd bet my life on the marines winning, they have a mix of weaponry down there and they know everything that will happen." He grins at the others, clearly wanting praise, kind of like a puppy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:48:12 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »

"Marines want us to provide distraction." Nina states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:04 pm »

"Well Will, get on it! Simulate an explosion or something to the left, or reinforcements, or a big mecha-dragon just appearing out of nowhere, pooping explosive lava all over the battlefield!"

With these suggestions being given, Drakalicious leaves the simulation room, entering the corridor where he could go to get into the armory - listening carefully for any enemies or allies alike.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »

"It doesn't work that easily, I'd have to reset the scenario and program it all in then restart it, that would be bad for the marines." Will replies looking skeptically at the controls. Will, along with Rouge and co. Wait to see what the others do and if Drackalicious dies horribly before acting.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 10:11:31 pm »

"We get guns and go help then!" Nina says, slamming her fist into her hand.

"Let us go armory!" She then adds, and follows drakilicious

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 10:22:31 pm »

Nina's loud pronouncement and gesture actually manages to catch one of the Jackal's eye due to their heightened senses. It lets out a chattering noise and indicates the group standing in the nice well lit sim controls room.

The elite roars and gestures (Surges the Jackal) and the Jackal fires its rifle type weapon at the Sim room.

The group barring Drackalicious who is heading out of the room, see what looks like a shard of crystal shatter off the glass, giving off a slight amount of strange energy, 3 grunts and the elite also now pay attention to the party.

It looks like they have split the enemies attention and made the distraction the marienes needed. With the blast glass in place they also know they don't need to fear anything weaker then a repeated bazooka assault on them.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »

Nina grins.
"Nina do distraction good!" She states. "Marine can kill aliens now."

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 10:31:25 pm »

Rouge applauds Ninas fast thinking

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 11:35:25 pm »

"All right!  Let's get to the armory then!  Rouge, you go first."

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 12:01:38 am »

Rouge immediatly agrees "It's my time to shine! My parents said keep to the back and take a desk job but I shall fufill my duty to Earth as my ancestors before me who all died gloriously in battle!"

He runs through the door to the corridor read for battle.

He finds it empty. He quickly pats his chest then shrugs. He turns to the group heartbroken "All clear guys."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:22 am »

Drakalicious greedily makes his way to the armory, imagining himself decked out in awesome, super-cool armor and weapons.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 12:10:59 am »

"Think of it this way Rouge, you might have a fighting chance against the aliens next time we meet them now."
 Mikael says as he slips past to get his equipment along with whatever could be used as a convenient portable shield against plasma.
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 12:11:35 am »

Nina grins and walks on into the armory.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2015, 12:54:37 am »

Explosions sound out from the training area alongside the bursts of Battle rifle fire and full automatic of the Assult rifle. A glance behind shows bright green bolts of light hitting the glass of the controls room, spawning arcs of green energy to skip across it but barely damaging it.

The team turn their back on the scene and run with almost reckless abandon toward the Armory, it is lucky that they have Jackson with them as their team medic, his goal is to keep them all safe. It might have been this aim which allowed him to spot what every single other team-mate failed.

It's tricky to see from down the corridor but the Armory door has been destroyed, there are scotch marks on the frame and signs of melted metal on the floor. He also notes the other warning signs at the entrance to the other rooms around them. The group is just past the officer quarters and Admin dorms when he grabs their sleeves and gestures at the doors.

He urgently whispers to them "look at the doors, all smashed clean in. THEY are here"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2015, 12:56:50 am »

"Well."

Drakalicious' gaze passes over the other members of his squad.

"It seems we're Farked."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2015, 12:58:22 am »

"Maybe we head to marines down in sim room?" Nina whispers to the group

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2015, 01:19:58 am »

"Derek, your the best at moving silently right? Go poke your head in and see if there are any aliens."
 Mikael says in a hushed voice as he glances back at the Sim room.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 01:43:56 am »

"Great, and while Derek is getting brutally murdered by aliens, we should go help out the marines in the Training room. You know, wait for them to finish up with the aliens in there and then get them to clear the armory for us. Or if they die, get their weapons and armor off of their corpses when the aliens leave."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:25 am »

"Your hoping the aliens will actually bother to leave the room. Why would they do that when there is still weapons and armor in the room?"

Mikael asks in an annoyed tone.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 11:50:08 am »

"Since Aliens have plasma guns, not puny marine guns." Nina states. "It be stronger then our guns, I think."

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 03:26:55 pm »

"So wouldn't it be smarter to ambush whatever aliens are in the armory and steal their stuff then kill them and suit up?"
 He whispers back.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 03:29:30 pm »

"Nina not interested in killing aliens with bare hands, squad buddy."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 03:32:08 pm »

"So wouldn't it be smarter to ambush whatever aliens are in the armory and steal their stuff then kill them and suit up?"
 He whispers back.

"Yeah, that sounds like an awesome plan! You and Rouge Chemise can go first!"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:24 pm »

Derek gets convinced to try and peek into one room while Rouge heads for the other side of the corridor. Derek's going to peek into the officers quarters while rouge is peeking into the Admin dorms.

Derek edges close and peeks around the corner, he immediatly sees Two Alien grunts playing around with some junk on the floor. He sees two dead officers with M6 pistols beside them on the ground. He also spots that there are 3 lockers, open but with gear and possibly weapons still inside. One grunt is clearly trying to understand a clipboard and notices nothing. The other twitches and looks around but Derek gets his head back before it is too late.

Across the corridor Rouge... Trips and stumbles right into the Admin dorm, luckily he sees no enemies and signals the all clear to the group. It has clearly been ransacked but no enemies are present
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:51:18 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:08 pm »

"I mean come on!"

Drakalicious quietly exlaims once Derek gets back.

"Only two grunts? You and Chemise Rouge can take them!"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2015, 03:47:40 pm »

"They do actually look pretty dam weak, I mean, they are like 5 foot and arms like twigs, that huge tail of there's seems massively overbalanced. I would really doubt they could fight close combat even if our Intel on them didn't point out they were weak cowards." He replies

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:41 pm »

"Okay!  All of us versus two alien grunts!  Maybe if we run straight to the weapons we'll stand a chance!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 03:58:41 pm »

"Yeah, all of us versus two alien grunts! Dibs on going in last! Chemise, lead the charge!"

Drakalicious encouragingly pushes Chemise ahead to go gloriously die for his ancestors.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:37 pm »

"We should try to push them over so they can't run for help."
 Mikael suggests quietly as he prepares to do just that on the nearest grunt if they decide to attack.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2015, 04:56:42 pm »

"lets do the reasonable thing here. Run for the weapons!"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:20 pm »

The team gives eachother goodbyes hugs then rushes into the Officers Quarters with Rouge taking the lead. They all see what was seen before, two grunts playing around with stuff while standing beside two dead officers. The stairs up a floor are to their left and the stairs down to their right.

They take the grunts totally by surprise and all they manage to do is flail their arms in the air and let out a cute sounding cry of surprise. Both are flat footed. One gets a single turn in the second round, the other misses it entirely.

Init:
Drackalicious
Will
Jackson
Un-named cadet 1
Rouge
Nina
Grunt 2
Mik
Derek
Grunt 1

Combat has begun, you are all within a few feet of the grunts. Ranged attack is will be dealt as ranged or you can step in and CC only using 1 action as the ambush lets you close distance if desired.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:52:45 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 05:17:31 pm »

Drakalicious rushes Grunt 2 and makes to trip him. As he'd be lying prone on the ground, he'd be easier to hit for the others.

As they attack, he yells out - "Attack them one at a time! We can knock out these suckers no problem if we focus!"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:30:47 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 07:34:42 pm »

"Woo!" Derek says as he sprints for a gun.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:17 pm »

Mik runs to the nearest grunt and tries to beat it down with his fists.
 OR if the grunts are dead/too wounded to call for help and run he will head for the nearest plasma pistol and pick one up.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:08 pm »

Nina joins in on the punching!
"Nina punch stuff russian style!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:59 pm »

Jackson leaps on the grunt drax tripped and tried to punch it till it dies.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2015, 01:46:21 am »

init:
Drackalicious
Will
Jackson
Un-named cadet 1
Rouge
Nina
Grunt 2
Mik
Derek
Grunt 1

Drackalicious charges first, trying to  trip one of the grunts to make it easier on his team. Sadly he is thrown off by the creatures strange anatomy and just kind of lightly kicks its tail as it fails in panic. Will then makes his move and charges in to take a swing, missing by inches.

Jackson however, undeterred by the fact the little alien wasn't tripped, leaps right onto its back and pins it down for easy punches by all as well as the damage done already from the pin. Un-named cadet sucks and trips over his own foot before rouge dives for a gun, trying to be cool... And fumbles it having dived too far.

Nina moves next and also has her punch dodged by the still standing grunt. It leaps to the side just as she swings... Landing right in front of Mik who lands a solid right hook to its jaw. Derek grabs up a pistol.

The pinned grunt has no moves and is pinned anyway, the standing grunt seems too scared to react, both already seem in bad shape despite the teams mostly failed assault.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:49:30 pm by Forge »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:20 am »

Nina punch not russian style!

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2015, 02:02:33 am »

As the grunt is pinned, Drakalicious finishes it off in a "Coup de Grace".

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2015, 01:14:44 pm »

Jackson continues holding the grunt in place so it can be pinned.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 01:23:39 pm »

Derek will blast off a few shots to the still standing grunt.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 03:01:13 pm »

As the next Round of combat begins, things move quickly. Most of the party has closed into CC range and Drackalicious moves immediately to increase odds in their favor by stamping repeatedly on the pinned grunts head. Jackson sees the small weak alien he has completely immobile and helpless on the floor being brutally killed inches from his face. How he reacts to this only he knows for now.

There is a slight lull at the brutal and lethal action where the team is sure that something very strange happens. Every single person is sure they hear a tiny distraught voice speaking in English and saying "He was my best friend" the sadness in the voice is heart-wrenching.

The team is sure aliens cannot speak English though right? And surely it couldn't have been the other Grunt right? As if to banish these questions from their minds the team closes in. Will, Rouge and Nina start punching the second grunt brutally. Mik joins in with an extra swing and as they step back the grunt is un-moving on the floor. They cannot immediately tell if it is dead or just gravely wounded however they can clearly see it wont be going anywhere for a long time.

Derek spins round in style with his freshly grabbed pistol and sees no more enemies so instead looks around. 2 marine officer bodies and two Grunt bodies lie on the floor. beside them are two plasma pistols and 1 more M6 pistol. The locker look like some might have gear and possibly weapons inside them.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 03:04:14 pm »

"Me here something weird." Nina states.

"Other squad members pick up puny guns. Nina look for big gun, or thing to hit with." She states, as she begins to look into the lockers for heavy weapons.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 03:15:36 pm »

"NOOOoOOoOoOoOoOoOoO!" Jackson wails, before punching Drakaclicksn in the face. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up