Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening  (Read 117257 times)

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
Game Thread - A noisy Awakening
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:36:15 pm »

The day before was a long one. Your squad had been out on late evening training in the forests to the West and had gotten back to base well after dark. A quick meal was provided then straight to bed at lights-out.

You had been sleeping well until you feel the entire base suddenly shudder and hear a loud booming noise. You might normally panic but they often run drills in the scorpion at night and some of it's ammo can be really loud if it hits nearby.You roll over slightly and try to return to sleep when you hear several more loud booms and the base sirens go off. A loud undulating wailing assaults your ears before it settles down to a steady volume. Red emergency lights kick in above you bed as the base speaker system crackles to life.

"Evacuate the base. This is not a Drill. Evacuate the base." blurts out before they go silent again.

Your training kicks in and you follow the procedure ingrained in you from all of your drills. 'Dress, regroup, move-out'. You leap out of your bed and quickly grab your uniform from the locker and pull it on, shoving your smallest valuables into the pockets. You keep feeling and hearing explosions and vibrations in the floor. Some seem close while others are faint. You think you hear an AR blasting out a violent staccato against the backdrop of the constant sirens wail but you can't be sure.

Your cloak reads 3.02am. You slip your key-card over your head and check your cubicle, nothing left you can carry. You hit the door release button and step into the central corridor of Dorm A. you look up and down the corridor to try and assess the situation. The other members of your 8 man squad are spilling out of their own cubicles. There is no movement at the 10 rooms on the Western end of the dorm, nearest the courtyard. There is a second squad in dorm A with you but there is no sign of them now. Glancing to the East of the Dorm, you see the small communal area and computer station empty along with the corridors connecting to Dorm B and the gym. The doors to the central courtyard, dorm B and the Gym are all shut.

You know there are several evacuation and extraction points around the base. 'Alpha' is to the North-West in a clearing. 'Bravo' is North East in a flat section of the Rocky training area. 'Charlie' is the Dock in the lake to the South East and Delta is an area of grassland just South of the Western Forest. You also know that in the last three months, increasing numbers of small colonies have been totally wiped out by the 'Covenant' a newly discovered alien race who you have only been taught limited details of.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:06:18 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread - A noisy Awakening
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:11:23 pm »

Steve "Drakalicious" Smith looks about himself, searching for the other students.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:12:37 pm »

All 8 members of Steve's Squad are now visible and in the corridor with him, there is still no sign of the other squads cadets.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:37:49 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:43:35 pm »

Steve feels concerned - he remembers something exactly like this happening during his last math exam.

"Hey guys, you have any idea where everyone else went?"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 06:49:01 pm »

Steve feels concerned - he remembers something exactly like this happening during his last math exam.

"Hey guys, you have any idea where everyone else went?"

OOC: It immediately occurs to both Jackson and Nina that the other squad had mentioned something about night training today so wouldn't be due back till dawn (Roughly 6am) They are free to respond with this info as they please.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »

Nina looks at the puny man.

"The othar squads went on a night training. They are not here, marine buddy Steve." Nina states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

"Huh, guess that explains it. Thanks Nina. Hey, you guys think we should get some weapons, maybe our training suits? If we're evacuating, it might not be safe out there.

Steve also tries to remember protocol in case of an evacuation (if there is one).

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 07:09:05 pm »

"Huh, guess that explains it. Thanks Nina. Hey, you guys think we should get some weapons, maybe our training suits? If we're evacuating, it might not be safe out there.

Steve also tries to remember protocol in case of an evacuation (if there is one).

OOC: He remembers the very basic protocol. Get dressed, regroup with your squad then move out. further action is to be determined upon realization of the threat. Either gear up at the armory then head for evac zone or head right for evac zone. Cadets are not expected to engage enemy combatants.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »

Not expected maybe, but we might not have a choice.

"Yeah, I think we should head for the armory. I don't like being helpless, and if something goes wrong - and it always does - I think we should be ready."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 07:37:27 pm »

Nina nods.
"I like weapons, squad buddy." She states, nodding. "What say the rest? To weapons?" She asks the others in the group

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 08:07:56 pm »

"But, that's not protocol!" Jackson objects.  "We're supposed to wait and see what the threat is before heading to the armory.  We might be supposed to go right to evacuate!"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:07:09 pm by Sethaniel »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:28:41 pm »

"If I can see the threat" Drakalicious says, "It can see me."

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 10:41:19 pm »

"Well let's make a choice then." One of the other cadets begins "standing here is worse than making the wrong choice isnt it?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:01 pm »

Drakalicious nods.

"I'll be going then. You can come if you want."

Thus he takes off towards the armory.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »

Nina (attempts) to grab Drakilicious by the shoulder.
"We all go togheter one place." She states.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:43 pm »

Jackson nods.  It's better not to make the scary bodybuilder lady angry.  "I'll come too."

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 11:07:19 pm »

The others shrug and nod and they all head to the western dorm door. Drackalicious heads out first and immediatly hears somthing to his right.

It's a cadet squad from dorm B. As the squad files out everyone sees the Dorm B squad pausing. they turn to our protagonist. "We are heading to the armoury, then to evacuate, you should join us!"

The don't wait and begin jogging out into the courtyard to cut across.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »

Drakalicious calls out to them - "Wait, the courtyard is a very open area - it's safer to travel through the halls!"

If they don't listen to him, well, he'll probably mourn their terrible terrible deaths later. He continues through the corridors.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:20 pm »

Nina looks to the squad, and then at Drakilicious, and then at her squad.
"Corridors we go!" She announces, running on, carefully.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:16 pm »

Drackalicious and Nina manage a few steps forward after it becomes clear that the other squad isn't listening to them and are level with the glass doors into the courtyard. This means they have a very clear view when The dorm B squad takes the brunt of the ambush. The rest of the team can also see through the large glass windows lining the entire central courtyards surrounding corridors.

The first thing they see is a single pretty beam of blue light appearing right through two of their front runners who were in single file, they half flip back in the air with what looks like steam coming out of holes in their chests as other fire rains down on the rest of the squad, killing one more and wounding 1 before they can even react. The team only sees some strange glowing lights on the roof above the courtyard.

They see, at about the same time, bolts of bright light coming from the main academy entranceway as 4 small aliens run into courtyard firing wildly at squad B only one shot hits and another cadet from dorm B falls, screaming in pain with obvious burns on his arm.

Jackson notices a dead marine at the feet of the grunts.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 12:03:41 am »

Drakalicious briefly looks at the carnage.

Nope

He then ditches, running back to the dorm areas.

He whispers to everyone before running - "I think we should probably go through the combat training area - this place sucks!"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:09:16 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 12:08:10 am »

Nina looks shocked.

"Squad b nooooooo" Nina says quietly, before trying to silently move away. That squad is Farking screwed.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
  • Miya Sugai (Mythic Nippon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:28 am »

Mikael stumbles out of his room still half-asleep and notices Drakalicious heading toward him.

"What's going on? Why are we evacuating the base?"
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years." -Unknown
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 12:45:22 am »

"Aliens! Aliens everywhere! Squad B is dead! To the armory!"

Drakalicious runs past Mikael

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 12:53:54 am »

"What?! Where are you going, we have to wait for the rest of our squad!"

Mik tries to grab onto Drakalicious to stop him from running off on his own.
“There's always another secret."    “I’m so storming pure I practically belch rainbows.”

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 12:56:40 am »

The rest of the squad, as if on cue, come plowing inside and seal the door behind them. One takes the time to lock the door before running after Drackalicious.

He reaches the computer area and the corridor leading to the Dorm B to the North and the Gym to the South.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 01:05:35 am »

Once in the more secure location, Drakalicious continues -

"Okay guys, do you think we could get something to defend ourselves with in the gym? Otherwise, I think we should just move straight into the viewing gallery for the combat training room and then into the hall that leads to the armory."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 12:00:59 pm »

"Again?!  Why?! Whyyyyyyy?!!!" Jackson screams in anguish, then realizes he didn't actually know the dead guys all that well, and pulls himself together. 

"Isn't this the computer area?  Should we at least check the internet to see if there's anything at all we can use?"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:25 pm »

Will, being the resident Techy guy immediately leaps forward. "Finally my moment to shine!" he announces as the jumps into the chair and begins logging on by flashing his keycard at the screen. "What do you guys want me to try and find out about? The base? Enemies? whats happening right now? I'm a totally pro hacker you know!"

The computer flashes to life  ready to go

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 12:05:53 pm »

"Yes!" Jackson says, then elaborates.  "All those things.  Those would all be really good things to know about."

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »

"Yes!" Jackson says, then elaborates.  "All those things.  Those would all be really good things to know about."

"On it Boss!" Will announces as he tries to gather as much information as possible. After a few seconds of things wizzing around the holo screen he replies. "Ok info on the enemies is pretty scarce, everything apart from what we received last month is locked down hard (See enemy info thread) as for right now... they had no idea we were going to be hit, reports barely on the web yet, everything military is going through the encrypted com channels, we need to get our helmets or military radio to tap in, I think they hit the town to the South at the same time as us though, several carriers there. As for the base... There is something not right here... I thought I was getting info then it all vanished on me..."

The computer crackles and shuts down as the lights flicker in the dorm. "Freeking power surge just fried this comp" he says as he gets up again.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 12:19:41 pm »

"This might be the start of an invasion" Drakalicious throws out tentatively.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »

"So we should get off planet as soon as possible then?"
 Mik says as he looks around for anything that could be used to stop a plasma weapon.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 01:57:32 pm »

Once in the more secure location, Drakalicious continues -

"Okay guys, do you think we could get something to defend ourselves with in the gym? Otherwise, I think we should just move straight into the viewing gallery for the combat training room and then into the hall that leads to the armory."
Nina looks to the gym.

"We go gym. Maybe armory already empty." Nina grunts.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 01:58:12 pm »

"What about the combat training room?  Should we check for anything useful there?"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 01:59:21 pm »

"So we should get off planet as soon as possible then?"
 Mik says as he looks around for anything that could be used to stop a plasma weapon.

Mik thinks through what he knows and tries to apply his knowledge of Superheated-plasma to the items lying around. Despite sound and careful reasoning the only thing he can think of is that he could hold a large chair or table up in front of him to take the initial hit, however he knows that it would then most likely burst into flames and successive shots would probably go through it. There is nothing else in the area that might be useful as armor right now.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »

Nina looks to the gym.

"We go gym. Maybe armory already empty." Nina grunts.

It occurs to Will that the Armoury is generally overstocked so he cuts in.

"I don't mind which way we go, but the armory has like DOUBLE the weapons and armor needed for everyone in the academy, we aren't going to find it empty"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 02:20:23 pm »

"aye, aemory could be empty." he says "but if we are under attack, it could be our only chance."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »

"To the armory!"

Drakalicious moves down to Dorm B, and then ahead to the combat training room.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 02:29:54 pm »

Jackson will wait and see if Drakaluscious gets killed by aliens, then follow him if it seems safe.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 02:37:25 pm »

Drackalicious heads North to the door to dorm B and walks right through without bothering to peek ahead or anything despite knowing that there are rampaging aliens loose in the base right now.

Luckily there are none currently visible as he enters Dorm B.

The rest of the group follows him in as they do not see him die in a hail of plasma. Everyone is now in an identical dorm to the one before, they are all now in dorm B's computer and seating area. Looking left everyone sees the long corridor ending in the door to the courtyard where some of the group just watched another squad of cadets getting slaughtered in the twilight of the central courtyard. It was almost beautiful, the way the bright plasma lit up the darkness before it burned and killed their fellow cadets.

They see that the door to the courtyard has not been locked, in fact none of the doors in dorm B are locked. They also notice that only half the lockers here seem to have been opened and there is no sign of Dorm B's second squad either.

Drackalicious is heading North toward the door into the combat training area, everyone else is standing in the dorm seating area waiting to see if he dies.

The soft wailing of the emergency alarms continues and the cadets keep hearing explosions at varying intervals.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:41:09 pm by Forge »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »

Drakalicious waits and makes a perception check before actually entering the combat training area. After that, he calls up one of the expendable NPC students.

"Okay, the coast is clear, you first!"

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:47 am »

"Hey wait, shouldn't we have a vote on who goes first?"

Mikael calls in a foolish attempt to delay the death of another student.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 12:03:07 am »

"No" Drakalicious whispers back.

Fireplay

• Mob Boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 12:13:32 am »

"You know Steve, your not as important as you think you are. We're all survivors here."
 Mikael whispers back in an annoyed tone.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 12:22:08 am »

"That's great Mikael, now come on Willy!"

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 02:04:01 pm »

With none of the other cadets making a move Drakalicious opens the door then pokes his head through to the other side to check if the coast is clear.

Indeed he sees nothing immediatly hostile there and while Will is unwilling to be the first through the door Cadet 'Rouge Chamise' Steps up and heads out onto the viewing balcony. After a few seconds of looking around he goes up to the blast glass which encircles the entire central sunken area and calls back.

"Guys get out here now! You've gotta see this!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 02:06:25 pm »

Drakalicious leaps out, completely trusting his teammate.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 02:26:28 pm »

"Man i got a baaad feeling about this." Derek says as he slowly walks out.

Forge

• Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 03:15:22 pm »

Derek and Drackalicious head out first, followed by a couple of others. They all immediatly see what Rouge was indicating. There is a full on battle happening down in the training area.

They do not make out specific details but it seems like covenant have blasted a hole in the east wall and and pushing forward against a small group of marines in the North West corner of the room. The room is set to rest mode so there is little cover or defence for the Mariners. All the cadets realize they could watch in more detail from the Sim room and possibly affect the rooms layout, though they have never controlled it before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up