Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure VI  (Read 147352 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure VI
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 02:58:32 pm »

"Let us not forget that he is a Master of Poisons." Lady Shirahata remarks.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 03:03:35 pm »

"Let us not forget that he is a Master of Poisons." Lady Shirahata remarks.
Roka nods.

"Yes, but this time, we will be prepared for it. I suggest everyone prepares for the toxins. I believe I could source us some herbal remedies to protect against his poison, albeit only slightly." Roka states. He then looks to the giant soul steel plate.

"My lords, I must ask if we may excuse ourselves to better prepare. I suggest we return here in an hour or so, to be ready for the battle." Roka states.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 03:12:11 pm »

"Yes, do what you must," the Chief Magistrate replies to Roka.

"Just be here in the morning to meet the Daimyo and Imperial Emissary. Only the dead will be given leave to miss it."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »

"Yes, do what you must," the Chief Magistrate replies to Roka.

"Just be here in the morning to meet the Daimyo and Imperial Emissary. Only the dead will be given leave to miss it."
Roka nods.
"Of course my lord." Roka states.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 03:24:23 pm »

To satisfy her curiosity, Yuki casts read aura on the new exalted priest and Najin (if hes still around).

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »

Yuki see nothing unusual about the Exalted Patriarch and Najin and his craftsmen have already left.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

"Anyways, we will meet back here in an hour." Roka states.

"Now, I must go." Roka states, as he heads over to Yakuza tent, steeling himself. Again, he'll have to control his urges, but again it is critical.

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 04:11:10 pm »

Before Roka Leaves Rai says, "I carry a number of antidotes on me at all times. It helps to be prepared." pulling out his stash.
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 04:15:48 pm »

Roka nods.
"That's good. You have enough for the group?" He asks

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 04:19:57 pm »

"I have twelve purge root and could probably get more fairly easily because of my position." Rai says reminding Roka that the ancestors made Rai a Ninja Master. 

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2015, 04:21:30 pm »

Roka nods.
"That's more then enough. Yuki, miya, General, Lady Shirihata, Id suggest taking one of Rai's purge roots before we kill the traitor."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 04:34:31 pm »

"Take two each just in case." Rai says. He looks to Yuki and says, "Can we have that needed conversation now before we leave this place?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2015, 06:12:11 pm »

"Take two each just in case." Rai says. He looks to Yuki and says, "Can we have that needed conversation now before we leave this place?"

Yuki tilts her head quizzically then nods.

"Sure."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

Walking Yuki away from the others Rai now asks, "So where is my chain and sickle?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »

Yuki hands Rai his sickle and chain.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "Why did you steal it?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 08:56:13 pm »

Rai shakes his head and says, "Why did you steal it?"

"Because it's shiny!"

Yuki replies enthusiastically.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 09:06:05 pm »

Rai just sighs shakes his head and walks back to the group.  He casts send thoughts on miya and says, "Should we fake our deaths in this battle so we can kill the Damyio later? "

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2015, 08:42:13 am »

Miya thinks back to Rai - 'It brings dishonor to us for no reason; when simply killing the Daimyo and holding up his inhuman corpse will vindicate us in the eyes of the people.'

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2015, 07:20:43 pm »

"I shall, uh, leave to prepare then." Udo states with a nod. "I'll see you all in an hour."

He leaves to gather 3 of his doshin, and returns riding a Kirin-- it may help in the battle.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »

The Samurai of Sendai were joined by a young Priest named Kan (provided by the Exalted Patriarch to assist in their mission) before taking leave of the Temple.

Bowing to the Chief Magistrate, the team – now consisting of General Meji, Lady Shirahata, Kan the Priest, Roka, Yuki, Miya, Udo, and Rai – took an hour to ready themselves, before rejoining to travel northwest out of Sendai in the darkening night to the hunting lodge of the Daimyo’s cousin, Kado Hasekura.

Kan summoned a Water Elemental, while Udo showed up riding a fiery Ki-Rin.

“Ooof! You win haha!” Kan says to Udo, impressed with the glorious holy steed.

Arriving at the hunting lodge, the place seems deserted, being a two story structure with a high stone foundation, front and rear entrance, and a wrap-around balcony on the second floor.

“Everyone watch themselves,” General Meji warns, “he has a thing for poisons.”

Yuki meanwhile, consulting her lopan, sees that Lee is indeed hiding inside the lodge somewhere…
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:49:11 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »

"Nice ride indeed." Roka says with a grin, before sunmoning his ki spikes.

"So, everyone, assume every entrance in booby trapped." Roka states. "Yuki, can you look on into the building, and tell us what you see?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2015, 08:20:13 pm »

Udo grins, "Thanks. I'll miss using Yoshi, but this Kirin is no doubt a mighty and loyal steed as well." Just not sure what it can exactly do...

He scratches at it's mane, "Squirrels," he commands from above, "discreetly scatter around the entrances to clear the way for us."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2015, 08:35:30 pm »

"Nice ride indeed." Roka says with a grin, before sunmoning his ki spikes.

"So, everyone, assume every entrance in booby trapped." Roka states. "Yuki, can you look on into the building, and tell us what you see?"

"I could, but I wouldn't be able to see far into it because I haven't been inside before."

Yuki replies.

"Shouldn't we surrounded the lodge first? Last time you tried to catch Lee, he escaped through the roof, right?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2015, 08:46:25 pm »

"I don't think so. We can easily remove the bastard without surrounding him, and the man can imitate how we look. If we are separated, he could trick us." Roka says, shaking his head.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »

Yuki glances at Roka, before casting Clairvoyance to see inside the hunting lodge.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2015, 09:03:30 pm »

"I don't think so. We can easily remove the bastard without surrounding him, and the man can imitate how we look. If we are separated, he could trick us." Roka says, shaking his head.
"Then we should make a passcode. We can't let Lee flee again, this is our last chance to really get that man. Surrounding him may be our best option-- groups of uh, I dunno. 4? With the doshin watching outside?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 12:40:41 am »

"I will cast X-ray vision so I can tell you where traps are and where Lee is exactly." Rai says casting the spell allowing him to see inside the building.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 11:00:17 am »

Using Clairvoyance, Yuki sees the lodge is empty, except for in a bedroom, where the sucked-dry husk of the real Kado Hasekura lies on the floor – a single vampire bite wound to the neck.

Interestingly, Yuki notes a burned Ofuda in an Arcane Circle – what appears to be the leftover of some demon summoning. Judging by the rather skimpy dress of the dead Kado and the turned down bedding, Yuki surmises the man was getting ready to engage in a little Roka-esque activities with a freshly summoned Succubus…

Rai meanwhile, looking through the house with X-Ray Vision, sees less detail than Yuki – but notes arrow traps on all the entry doors and windows to the lodge.

Then from behind the group, a huge wave of saltwater abruptly rolls in at the gathered Samurai – while from over the lodge, the Korean Assassin Lee rides the magic cloud he stole from Rai – throwing a clay pot down on the Samurai and then opening up with some super-surged arrow onslaught!

---

[OOC – Combat has started – the characters must spend Surge to act this Round (getting an Initiative Roll) – or spend 2 Surge to act before Lee’s attacks hit…)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:20:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 11:32:27 am »

Roka quickly turns around, and quickly surges force to act.

"Yuki! Dispel his cloud!" Roka shouts, as he quickly grants himself double strength and Amaizing celerity. (-2 KI points)

And with that, Roka quickly throws a blast of ki towards the jar of poison, aiming to knock it far away.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:55:23 pm by Aman »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:59 pm »

Miya uses Uncanny Dodge to avoid the wave, then shoots once with Bulls Eye + Uncanny Shot, and an Auto Crit from the Iron Warlord Mask.

Genral Meji will Surge to move out of the wave's path.

Lady Shirihata and Kan the Priest will ride out the wave and then ready themselves for whatever comes next.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 06:40:34 pm »

Realizing the wave could cause serious damage to everyone, Yuki decides she needs to turn it against Lee.

First she'll cast Initiative, so that she can act first and help protect everyone.

After, she'll cast Dispel Magic on the cloud Lee is riding, so he can't escape.

Right after, she'll create a gate between the group and the wave, large enough to protect everyone. She'll then make the other side of the gate right above Lee, so he's hit by his own wave (likely destroying the cabin as well :P).

Finally, she'll use her last action to dodge anymore incoming attacks.

If Lee tries to do something, Yuki will use Jinx to stop him (temporarily at least). She'll also prepare to use uncanny dodge if she needs to.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:13:09 pm by killa_robot »

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »

Rai will use uncanny dodge for the wave if Yuki's spell doesn't work. If it does and lee is within range Rai will mystic chain and sickle trip and hold him down.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »

"Show me what you got, Chirin!"
Waiting until the wave smashes into Lee, Udo flies his Kirin up to where the foreigner is is-- whether he was buffeted by the wave or not, and attempts to grab him from the air, only to sumo-slam him, crashing into the ground and maintaining a hold. (Any luck necessary to make it work if it even happen + Uncanny dodge with Ki points wherever necessary).

If Lee is taken down by Rai or Miya, Udo will at least try to get a bird's eye view of the situation to make sure there are no more surprises.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 08:14:10 pm by Tanstaafl »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:29 am »

Yiuki Surges to act before the wave hits, casting Initiative, Dispel Magic, and Gate in Rapid succession.

Everyone sees the cloud vanish out from under Lee’s feet, followed by a Gate opening in front of the wave – redirecting it right over Lee’s head.

The man Surges to fire two arrows at Yuki before he gets slammed between the roof of the lodge and his own tsunami wave! Yuki Jinxes him, but he forces the issue.

As this happens, Roka deftly sends Ripple across Pond to knock the pot of poison out of the air – sending it flying behind the lodge to break open on some trees. Fortunately, the Samurai are upwind.

Lee’s two arrows meanwhile, both shatter mid-flight into a thousand sparkling shards of spirit energy – saturating an area 30 ft in diameter around Yuki. They are Fire and Earth powered Elemental Barbs fueled with Rain of Shooting Stars.

The first does 32 Damage and the second 23 AP Damage.

Lee is tremendously disappointed however, when Yuki, Roka, Miya, Udo, and Rai all use Uncanny Dodge.

General Meji, Lady Shirahata, Priest Kan, and Udo’s Doshin are all nailed pretty hard. Udo’s Doshin perish instantly, while the General wades through it fine and Lady Shirahata and Priest Kan are both wounded (after all three use luck to halve each attack).

Lee then slams through the tile roof of the lodge, taking 20 SL Damage from the fall and 10 Damage from the wave. He uses Luck to reduce each attack by half.

Yuki and Rai can see him inside with Clairvoyance and X-Ray Vision respectively.

Udo meanwhile, flies the Ki-Rin up to the hole in the roof and leaps off – landing on top of Lee after a fifteen foot fall – taking 10SL (Luck for half), while dealing 18 SL to Lee.

Lee uses another Luck for half Damage, but is now caught in Udo’s Hold.

Outside the lodge, Miya makes a guess where Lee would have fallen and shoots an arrow blindly through the side of the building – powering it with Bulls Eye, Uncanny Shot, and an Auto Crit from the Iron Warlord Mask.

Udo sees an arrow punch in through the second story wall, skitter across the floor, and lodge itself in Lee’s arm for 8 Damage.

“Fark you Nipponese dogs!” Lee yells from under Udo.

Udo then hears Lee crunch something underneath himself and gas quickly swirls around!

Another Uncanny Dodge allows Udo to spring off Lee and dive out a window before the poison envelops him! Udo lands nothing at all like an acrobat, taking another 10 SL Damage from the landing on the hard ground below.

---

[OOC – Combat is over, Lee is Dead]

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 11:07:58 am »

Roka looks to Udo.
"The bastard is dead, then?" He asks.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 11:28:40 am »

General Meji pats Roka on the back - "Nice trick keeping that poison off us Roka!"

Priest Kan menwhile, uses Heal on himself and Lady Shirihata and Restore Vitality on Udo and the General.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 11:38:33 am »

"Goddam..." Udo states, rubbing at his bruises. "I'd rather he survived for the moment... He could have probably told us what's going on..."

He gets up and thanks Kan for healing him, though remains unsure what to do next. He looks to his dead Doshin with a frown, "So what now? Are we investigating the lodge?"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:40:46 am by Tanstaafl »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 11:47:38 am »

"Goddam..." Udo states, rubbing at his bruises. "I'd rather he survived for the moment... He could have probably told us what's going on..."

He gets up and thanks Kan for healing him, though remains unsure what to do next. He looks to his dead Doshin with a frown, "So what now? Are we investigating the lodge?"

Roka grins.
"Don't worry about it. I doubt Yukinawa told the bastard anything." Roka says with a smile. "As for investigating the lodge, priest, could you send in your water elemental?" Roka asks.

"And thank you, general." Roka says in response to the General's praise. "But the real magic was that gate. Didn't even know you could use it tht way, Yuki." Roka adds with a grin.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 12:45:43 pm »

"Of course," Priest Kan replies to Roka, sending the water Elemental into the lodge to neutralize the poison inside - with the added bonus of setting off a few of the arrow traps.

When Rai checks with his X-Ray Vision, he sees that there are still a few armed arrow traps in the lodge, but at least he knows were they all are. If he points them out to the others, they shouldn't present any problem.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:54 pm »

Roka nods,

"Thank you, priest kan." Roka says. "Someone get a doshin to retrieve the bastard's body." Roka then states.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »

"My three doshin were killed..." Udo states with a sigh, "But Bleach can likely do it. Problem is that I'm worried about whatever other traps that are in there!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 01:01:50 pm »

"My three doshin were killed..." Udo states with a sigh, "But Bleach can likely do it. Problem is that I'm worried about whatever other traps that are in there!"
Roka nods.
"Rai, did you find any traps?" He asks

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 01:05:35 pm »

Roka grins.
"Don't worry about it. I doubt Yukinawa told the bastard anything." Roka says with a smile. "As for investigating the lodge, priest, could you send in your water elemental?" Roka asks.

"And thank you, general." Roka says in response to the General's praise. "But the real magic was that gate. Didn't even know you could use it tht way, Yuki." Roka adds with a grin.

"Ehehehe", Yuki replies, happy to be praised.

"Kado Hasekura's body is also inside the building. It seems he was trying to summon something for..."

She turns to Roka.

"Something... probably..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »

"Ehehehe", Yuki replies, happy to be praised.

"Kado Hasekura's body is also inside the building. It seems he was trying to summon something for..."

She turns to Roka.

"Something... probably..."

"Something for something." Roka mutters with a nod. There's really only one reason a noble would summon anything, anyways, so it's fairly obvious what she meant.

"So another Hasekura falls." He then says, sadly. "I had hoped they kept him alive... But I guess evil does not give honor to a name."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 01:51:37 pm »

Noticing that the four vampires don't seem to be here, Yuki casts Divine location to see where Jenna is.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »

Rai looks at Roka and nods, "The water elemental took care of most of the most dangerous ones and the few that are left can be avoided rather easily. Since I can see the traps I will guide the group through to see Lee's body. If you don't mind I would like to take back the cloud flute he stole from me."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

Roka chuckles.
"Of course, Rai. But, even with a few remaining traps, I'd rather us all not to venture inside, especially not to just carry out two bodies." Roka states.

"Udo, can you and your Kirin ride off and get one of my doshin? It would be preferably for them to carry the bodies out."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 04:33:49 pm »

Rai nods and says, "I think one of us should go inside at least. My spell can't see through lead and I think we might want to prepare for a trap I can't see."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »

Udo sighs, "Rai, can just do that mind-thing of yours and notify Bleach and me as to where the traps are. I will be there with Bleach, and he can get Lee and Hasekura out for us. I feel like that'd work, and I don't think getting the doshin is necessary. And even so, Rai can like, mind-thing to any of his doshin from far away, I think."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up