Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Nippon Adventure VI  (Read 142720 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Nippon Adventure VI
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:18 pm »

Sakura meanwhile, looks at the dying Roka and says to Yuki, "You should heal him, just to spite his recklessness behavior."

Then, hearing Rai, she adds, "Yes, we need this Naga Book of Secrets you mentioned. I agree that should be before all else. The General and his army can wait."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:08:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2015, 12:13:56 pm »

"Yes," Lady Shirihata replies in regard to Roka, moving to bind his wounds.

"This is an unseemly way for a Samurai to act. To fall in true battle is an honor, but to take one's own life without meaning ..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2015, 12:24:38 pm »

"Yes," Lady Shirihata replies in regard to Roka, moving to bind his wounds.

"This is an unseemly way for a Samurai to act. To fall in true battle is an honor, but to take one's own life without meaning ..."

While Yuki won't heal Roka herself, she makes no effort to stop her mother.

"The book of secrets is in Yunikawa's temple. It's seems Jenna, whom Roka convinced to help us, is there as well."

She states.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:22 pm »

"Then having Roka to deal with her is a good thing," Lady Shirihata replies.

"So either heal him," She says to Yuki, "or have your elemental carry him till you do feel like healing him."

cool74

• Cowboy
  • Sometimes good people do bad things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2015, 12:53:46 pm »

"Yuki we really need you to heal him. It costs less energy to do that rather then opening another gate does." rai says.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:46:17 pm by cool74 »
Ideals are peaceful; history is violent.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2015, 01:51:00 pm »

"Actually, it costs the same," Sakura replies; "Unless it's a Mastered Spell."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2015, 02:01:08 pm »

"So, why don't we want to kill Roka again?" Miya asks. "I mean if it will fully reenergize him, then why is that a problem?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2015, 02:01:40 pm »

"Because it is disgusting and wrong," Lady Shirihata replies flatly.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2015, 02:02:11 pm »

Rai sighs as the fight breaks out and looks at roka and yells,"You just enjoy pissing people off don't you." Looking at udo rai says, "I was really the only one with rank to kill him at the time and I knew he would come back so what was the harm?"
"A leader needs a heart as well as sense," Udo states, getting his equipment back on. "Killing an ally so unhesitatingly... Ugh. I dunno, man..." He watches the fight a frown, too busy getting his stuff and recuperating after dying to stop the bout.

"We need to be at our peak right now," Udo states slowly, in response to some of the discussion. He leaves it alone for the moment to ask, "Roka, do you actually know for sure whether Jenna is on our side or not? You mentioned something along those lines a while ago, I think. Is it safe to contact her?
And Rai, if you want to be any sort of leader then you need to lead, not be asked to. Dunno what happened to Roka... I think all of this has been pretty hard on all of us. Yuki happens to be smarter than all of us combined and bold enough to make decisions."
Udo looks at Rai curiously, "Do you think you should kill Roka again?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:07:59 pm by Tanstaafl »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2015, 02:06:35 pm »

Yuki gives her mother a silent nod before healing Roka.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2015, 02:25:03 pm »

Roka gets up, and coughs.
"Thank you, yuki."

"And I apologize for that." He says, wiping his mouth. "But he was no samurai. Acting as such was an insult to us all."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2015, 03:34:14 pm »

Rai just shakes his head. "You say that but almost everyone else here disagrees with you. The only one who felt insulted was you. For that pride you cost us an ally and you almost passed again. Not to mention the fact you made Yuki waste precious spell energy on healing you. Don't you all feel it when one of the chosen dies? So that means Yunikawa knows you guys all know about the shrine. What if there was a trap waiting for you this time?"

Looking to Yuki Rai says, "You need to heal me and Miya since we don't get to regenerate. Also while you do that I would appreciate it if you would check my aura. Then I will use the last teleport to get us where the book of the gods is. From there we have Miya decipher it in a time stop space or the like and teleport to the final battle."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2015, 03:40:02 pm »

Rai just shakes his head. "You say that but almost everyone else here disagrees with you. The only one who felt insulted was you. For that pride you cost us an ally and you almost passed again. Not to mention the fact you made Yuki waste precious spell energy on healing you. Don't you all feel it when one of the chosen dies? So that means Yunikawa knows you guys all know about the shrine. What if there was a trap waiting for you this time?"

Looking to Yuki Rai says, "You need to heal me and Miya since we don't get to regenerate. Also while you do that I would appreciate it if you would check my aura. Then I will use the last teleport to get us where the book of the gods is. From there we have Miya decipher it in a time stop space or the like and teleport to the final battle."

"Your opinion is irrelevant, Rai. You have already shown disdain for the Bushido Code and all it stands for." Roka states.

"And just ask the Priests to heal you, there is no reason to waste Yuki's strength with that."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2015, 04:15:18 pm »

Rai nods at the sound advice and looks for a priest and asks, "Can you heal myself and Miya?" Once that is completed he will wait for Yuki to read his aura.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:25 pm »

The Priests of the Temple are happy to Heal whoever needs it (and do so).

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »

"Alright, so are we charging Yukinawa's palace now?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2015, 09:22:16 am »

Then suddenly, something seemed to slam Roka, Udo, Yuki, and Sakura to the floor with such tremendous force that it actually cracked the stone beneath their bodies!

All four of them were knocked unconscious for a time, and when they came to, they were in great pain and noticeably different.

They each felt as though something had just torn itself free from within their soul – destroying a part of who they were in the process and replacing it with something entirely malevolent and evil. Whatever it was filled their hearts a burning rage – one that bombarded their very thoughts with unspeakable acts of violence that they should do to one another. KILL… KILL…. KILL… repeated loudly in their heads – proving very distracting, but not yet dominating enough to actually compel any action.

The Samurai also knew that Kaitaro was no more – not dead, but somehow shattered both in body and spirit! Lingering wisps of Kaitaro’s memories and experience also drifted through the four Sacrifants’ thoughts – almost as if the memories had been their own in some distant past.

Looking, everyone could see that Roka, Udo, Yuki, and Sakura’s eyes were gone! Replaced with hollow cavities filled with flame that licked up several feet above their heads.

Greatly concerned, Yuki and her mother activated Sorcerer’s Sight to get a better understanding of what was going on.

That’s when they saw that the lines of attunement to the Naga Shrine were now gone!

Yuki’s Mother then screamed and pointed  - and Yuki could see the head of a five dragon-eyed demon, bedecked in long black horns, and shrouded in hellfire, manifesting in their auras – only it was massively huge, being fifty feet or more in size!

“Th… That’s what I saw in Roka!” Lady Shirihata cries, dropping her Sorcerer’s Sight before it turned to look at her. “Yuki! What does it mean?!?”

Yuki, now a little numb from the shock, just regards the giant demon head. It looks at her and laughs. She suddenly feels very very small in comparison…

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 18, 2015, 09:54:07 am »

Roka clutches his head, and looks around in shock.
"What the Fark?... Yuki? Udo? Sakura? What the hell happened to you?!" Roka asks, both shocked and confused.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 18, 2015, 10:04:13 am »

"You too Roka," Sakura points out stoically.

"It would seem that we can still see normally with these flames. And that they do not burn us..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 18, 2015, 10:54:32 am »

"I have to say you all look quite creepy," Miya offers with a weak amile.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 18, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

"You too Roka," Sakura points out stoically.

"It would seem that we can still see normally with these flames. And that they do not burn us..."
Roka's face turns pale with horror at the meer idea that his perfect face was ruined with soulless eyes and fire everywhere, but takes a deep breath to try and calm himself down.

"Someone take us to the book, now." Roka says with urgency.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 18, 2015, 12:46:17 pm »

"Agh... What the hell just happened?" Udo gasps, getting up. "Somethings in my head... It's screwing up my thoughts... And my eyes-- they're just like you guys's then?"
He takes a deep breath, "I'm not sure what this means, but we need to get to Yunikawa, now."

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 18, 2015, 12:53:39 pm »

As he gathers the samurai and the Lady together to teleport them to Yunikawa's fortress.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:12:44 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 18, 2015, 02:06:42 pm »

Yuki quickly turns off her spirit sight and begins to shiver.

"I... I don't know..."

She replies to her mother.

"But we really need to find the book of secrets, and figure out what Yunikawa is trying to do."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »

With everyone in close enough proximity, Rai used his ring to Teleport everyone to Yunikawa’s Mountain Citadel – remote in the rugged and high peaks of Nippon’s mountainous spine – sixteen miles west of Sendai.

It was now early in the afternoon, as the Samurai of Sendai appeared out of nowhere and were greeted with the most unexpected freefall… – Yunokawa’s Mountain Citadel was gone!

In fact the entire spire itself, upon which the citadel had been built, was no longer there either – the ancient stone steps leading only halfway up, and there ending abruptly, where the mountain itself had apparently collapsed into the rift in which the old spire had once stood.

The Samurai now plummeted down that rift and could then see into the chasm itself. There the walls dropped away steeply for six hundred feet below them, to a rapidly approaching jagged floor of sharp rock and stone, where the broken spire itself lay – and with it, the rubble of what was once Yunokawa’s home.

Sight heightened by adrenalin from the fall, the Samurai could’nt help but notice a profusion of bodies in the chasm down below them, strew across the ground and broken upon the rocks – perhaps two or three thousand – and of these there appeared to be only to be two types – a few hundred of the long and serpentine forms of the Naga – and thousands of the dark and twisted remains of the Bakemono.

A great and terrific battle had recently been fought here – and magics unleashed of truly earth shattering proportions…

Of course none of that would matter in a moment for most of them if Yuki didn’t do something to save them …

LET THEM DIE! WHY SHOULD YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR MISTAKES? A voice in Yuki’s head roared – WHY SHOULD YOU PAY? LET THEM DIE!!!

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

"GOOOOOOODDDAAAAAMMMMIIIIIIT RAAAAAAAI!" Roka shouts as they free fall down.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

Yuki takes a minute to absorb the fact that the Yunikawa's mountain is now gone, and the great battle that took place. She then snaps back into it, and shakes her head, ignoring the voice inside.

"This isn't good..."

She thinks to herself.

Acting fast, Yuki casts teleport and puts the group onto a path, overlooking the carnage. She'll then attempt to use divine location to find out where the book of secrets has gone (and Jenna).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:14:29 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2015, 04:43:18 pm »

Everyone is set down on the path high above the chasm, thanks to Yuki's Teleport.

Then, as she does Divine Location again, Yuki determines that the Naga Book of Secrets and Jenna are both down among the large craggy rocks below ...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 18, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »

"The book is down there..."

Yuki announces, pointing toward the debris.

"Along with Jenna."

She then checks to see if she can see where Yunikawa is.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 18, 2015, 05:24:15 pm »

Roka nods.
"So, should we hike down?" Roka asks

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »

For the first time, Yuki actually gets a read on Yunikawa - he's along a line that leads to the Naga Shrine in the Spirit World.

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2015, 07:40:17 pm »

Rai says, "We should that book is what we need. I could jump down there."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2015, 07:43:15 pm »

Udo, now on the ground, examine's the surrounding area for bodies-- or anything that could give a better hint on what exactly transpired (besides the Naga killing Yunikawa, if that even happened).

"We can't go down there if Yunikawa is waiting to fight us. Yuki, where is he, uh, at?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »

"I don't think we have time to hike down," Sakura replies, "not if Yunikawa is after you guys."

"Let's see if I got this," Sakura says - casting a Gate between the Samurai and the valley below - "What? I've watched how Yuki does it. Easy as pie!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2015, 08:23:12 pm »

"Nice." Roka states.

"Let's move. Don't waste time killing stragglers down there. We need to move and get the book and then get out, alright?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2015, 08:36:36 pm »

Rai looks down over the battlefield and strikes a dramatic pose.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:58:10 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »

"Yunikawa is at the Naga Shrine."

Yuki replies.

"Thanks Sakura, let's hurry and find the book."

She says, rushing through the gate and attempting to use Divine location to hunt down the book. Figuring it will be tough to balance on, Yuki will activate Physical Boast from her bow. She'll also attempt to locate Jenna, if she's able to, in between looking for the book of secrets.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:23:38 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2015, 07:53:05 am »

Heading through the Gate, the Samurai of Sendai find the battlefield at the bottom of the chasm littered not only with the dead, but also a vast fortune in magical metals and other broken weapons, armor, and artifacts.

Yuki meanwhile, with her Sorcerer’s Sight, can see the fountaining energy of the original Demesne, upon which the citadel had once been built and formed into a Manse – now its unfocussed energies pouring like an invisible geyser into the air.

Then, from out of a fissure in the rocks, Jenna the Vampire Samurai-ko called to the Samurai - "Hey, over here guys! I got the book for you!"

Looking, everyone could see a series of cracks and crevices at the back of the fissure, where Jenna stood in the shadows, holding what looked to be the Naga Book of secrets...

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2015, 09:46:55 am »

"Jenna? You got the book? Perfect! I knew I could trust you!" Roka shouts out to her. "I was afraid tha nagas got you!"

He then heads on over to jenna, cautiously, though he does stop to pick up some star metal gauntlets and puts them on. Can't be certain that the convincing lie hasn't work off, after all.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:14:53 am by Aman »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2015, 10:25:34 am »

Yuki will check that divine location does indeed head towards Jenna for the Book of Secrets. Once that's confirmed, she'll begin to run over, before suddenly getting distracted.

"Oh, pretty!"

Yuki exclaims, stumbling upon some Ancestral Jade bracers. Then, after taking a moment to put them on, she'll continue rushing over to Jenna.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:44 am »

"No, I actually got the book a few hours ago and was down here when Yunikawa returned to the spire," Jenna explains in answer to Roka's question, "I think he knows I took it, because I am no longer bound to him, but he hasn't tried to get it back."

"Then the Naga attacked, but Yunikawa was ready for that. He had an army of Bakemono and demons at the ready and they fought a terrible battle."

"The Naga would easily have won, except that their Epic Wu-Jen was killed after collapsing Yunikawa's magical barrier - oh, and Yunikawa had a dragon."

"And I don't mean a little dragon either. I mean a really really big dragon. I've never imagined anything could be so big. It was easily a mile long... and it knocked over the entire spire with but an accidental brush of its tail."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2015, 10:32:28 am »

Yuki gets a bit pale after hearing about the dragon.

"Was... Was covered in long black horns, with... five eyes?"

She asks cautiously.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:34:14 am by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:35 am »

"No," Jenna answers Yuki, "it was like living magma and radiating brilliant heat - like something straight out of a volcano."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2015, 10:49:24 am »

"Yunikawa has freed Infernumis then..."

Yuki exclaims.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2015, 11:37:29 am »

"Infernumis?" Sakura asks, "Why does that name sound familiar?"

Jenna then answers - "Oh, that would explain why it was so big. It's not a dragon; It's a god."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2015, 11:52:28 am »

"Umm well, the good thing is that you're no longer bound to Yukinawa. With you, I hve no doubt we have a chance at winning this." Roka says gladly.

"Yuki or Miya, could you try and read the book now?"

cool74

• Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:52 am »

While this conversation is happening Rai scourers the battlefield looking for throwing spears in Starmetal, Oriculum, Moonsilver, and Ancestral Jade. Then he Looks for a Moonsilver shortsword to replace his current one. Once this is done he will join the others.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2015, 12:49:26 pm »

"Oh right," Sakura remembers her Occult Lore, "Infernumis wasn't a god, he was the Elemental Herald of the Sun God A-Buji - though maybe that makes him an elemental god? I don't really know..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »

"Oh right," Sakura remembers her Occult Lore, "Infernumis wasn't a god, he was the Elemental Herald of the Sun God A-Buji - though maybe that makes him an elemental god? I don't really know..."

Yuki nods at Sakura.

"Infernumis was corrupted by the Massaki Dai-Oni. He was previously held underground by the Wood Herald and wood elementals, but it seems as though Yunikawa really has freed him."

She then turn to Jenna.

"Here, let me see the book. We need to figure out how to stop Yunikawa... after we figure out what he's actually doing..."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2015, 01:23:58 pm »

"Here you go," Jenna replies and hands the heavy silk tomb with thread-embroidered script over to Yuki - then slides over to stand next to Roka.

"I told you I would get the book," she whispers to Roka proudly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up