Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Psycho for Psychosis!  (Read 9209 times)

azhrei331

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • The Lonely Die
I'm Psycho for Psychosis!
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »

while perusing the section on Psychic Powers, i read the part involving Psychosis and that characters with a Nutcase score of 20 goes insane and immediately becomes an NPC until he's tracked down and stuck in a clinic.  however, acquiring the order 6 powers in certain Spheres (Awareness, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis) automatically take you to 20 without ever failing a Psychosis roll.  does this mean you cannot become a master of a Sphere without going certifiably over the cukkoo's nest?

on a related note, the same section mentions the use of Psychotherapy clinics to reduce total Psychosis if you reach 20.  is there a Psychotherapy skill available for PCs and could it be used preemptively to reduce a Psychosis score?
It's game time...do you know where your d12's are? www.lonelydie.com

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Psycho for Psychosis!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 11:02:36 am »

Great Questions :)

You are correct though; a character could potentially go nuts, just by learning too much.

This is where Psychotherapy comes in.

Psychotherapy is available through XP spendature –

Psychotherapy to Reduce Psychosis by 4 costs 2 XP a pop, but is only available after a Psychotic Break (unless your GM decides otherwise).

So yes, it sort of guarantees a little fun with the character on the part of the GM before they get the really nasty powers.

Of course, I can see a way around this already, just by having a Psychic cast a power over and over again to intentionally experience a Psychotic Break in order to Psychotherapy her Psychosis score down afterwards…

On a related thought, I think we need to reference the XP option to reduce Psychosis in the Psychic Powers section – put ‘ See Spending XP, p…’ or such in the entery on Psychosis.

BZ

azhrei331

• Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • The Lonely Die
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:27 am »

figures...everything's gotta cost something with you JP!  that's why we need universal health care, so i can get my Psychotherapy for free!!!
It's game time...do you know where your d12's are? www.lonelydie.com

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:24:30 am »

Just have your Hacker make a MTN 15 Computers roll to slip you in for the next Government sponsored session ;)

BZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up