Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desecration  (Read 8209 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Desecration
« on: March 09, 2015, 04:42:19 pm »

As her body transmuted into pure light, Yuki could feel herself – and something else with her – being ripped free and hurtling across the line of attunement that bound her to the mysterious Naga Shrine in the Spirit World. It was strangely reminiscent of Roka’s trip through the Heart of Creation that Yuki had witnessed second-hand through her Postcognition spell on Roka.

Was this what Sakura and Kaitaro had experienced? Was she dead? Would she…

*Nothingness…

---

Consciousness washed back into Yuki’s mind like tiny ripples dancing across a tranquil pond.

She opened her eyes and became abruptly aware that she was falling – literally!

Before she could do anything about it however, she crashed down into a crunchy pile of old bones, that softened her landing enough that she took no damage.

Looking around, Yuki recognized her surroundings. She was in the Inner Sanctum of the Naga Shrine. Only now, the place was completely desecrated and filled with the bones of fallen heroes that the Samurai had recovered from Sendai. The bones that Yunikawa had betrayed Sendai and murdered her people for.

The bones entirely choked the well, over which Sakura and Kaitaro’s bodies had once hung, and onto which Yuki had just fallen. And bones were scattered across the floor and piled along the walls of the circular chamber.

It was a lot of bones – only these were just half of the bones Yunikawa had stolen.

Then Yuki remembered that powerful magics had once protected this chamber from human intrusion – yet here Yuki was, inside and free of any restraint. In fact, she felt quite whole and completely re-energized. It was like none of the stresses and exertions of the recent past had even been real – though Yuki then realized that she still wore her Divine Ephemeral Soulsteel Scale armor.

‘Strange… something in its properties must have allowed it to come along with me to the Shrine when I was… Killed?’ Yuki finds herself getting distracted.

Focusing, Yuki noticed that the inlaid starmetal and oriculum script that had once been on the green soapstone columns had all been pulled out and was now completely ransacked. It was the power of the script that had caused the Samurai harm the last time they were here – when they had seen Sakura and Kaitaro’s bodies hanging naked in stasis over the well.

‘Speaking of Sakura and Kaitaro, where were they?’ Yuki’s thoughts continued to ramble.

Taking a moment to walk the perimeter, Yuki found two perfectly rendered stone statues – one of Sakura and one of Kaitaro; both in nude.

Using her Sorcerer’s Sight, Yuki checked the lines of attunement from the center of the Shrine. Two of them went to these statues; one to herself still; and two to the south-by-southeast; and one barely visible, pointing only a few inches to the south before disappearing entirely.

So, the statues really were Sakura and Kaitaro – and Yunikawa was still alive after all – as well as Roka and Udo.

‘Roka and Udo!’ Yuki gasped – suddenly remembering the battle that they had been involved in before she inexplicably ended up here…
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:11:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Desecration
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:04:48 pm »

Immediately, Yuki attempts to contact Miya with Send Thoughts.

"Miya? Miya are you okay?"

She asks. As she does, Yuki will put her hand on the statue of Sakura, and attempt to use Postcognition to determine what happened to her, and maybe, what happened to Yunikawa.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:39:56 am »

Using Postcognition meanwhile, Yuki sees that Sakura has been a statue here along the wall for just two days.

Prior to that, she and Kaitaro were still hanging in Stasis over the well – when Yunikawa opened a Gate into the Inner Sanctum and used Epic Magic to turn them both to stone, without ever entering the chamber itself.

Yunikawa’s Gate then collapsed and reopened a moment later (almost as if Yunikawa was operating out of time, Yuki surmises) and Yunikawa then used Epic Magic again with a Ritual of Bones to completely desecrate the Inner Sanctum - causing Sakura and Kaitaro to fall from stasis over the well, landing on the same pile of bones that Yuki had.

Again Yunikawa’s Gate collapsed and reopened a moment later, and this time, Yunikawa and his demons entered the Inner Sanctum to completely ransack the holy script along the columns. Once they had finished that, they took the statues of Sakura and Kaitaro and set them aside (after Yunikawa had specifically ordered his minions not to harm them).

Yunikawa and his demons then left through their Gate.

Then, in what would have been yesterday – the same time that Mount Fuji had erupted – Yunikawa abruptly appeared naked over the well and fell onto the bones.

He gathered himself up, laughed at the gods, and then created a Gate to leave.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »

Miya suddenly hears Yuki through Send Thoughts - "Miya? Miya are you okay?"

'Yuki?!? Is that you? I saw you die!' Miya sends back to Yuki in great surprise.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »

'Yuki?!? Is that you? I saw you die!' Miya sends back to Yuki in great surprise.

"It's me, ehehe. I did die... I think..."

Yuki thinks back, trailing off as she glaces around the room.

"Anyway, I'll explain what happened later, just make sure you and Rai survive the Naga no matter what."

She continues.

"It's probably fine for Udo or Roka to die... Probably. Oh, and don't mention me yet. I think the Naga think I died for re- I wonder where the exit is...

Yuki finishes, walking to a wall to look for an exit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:15:03 pm by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 05:45:25 am »

'Whaaa?!?' Miya thinks back to Yuki - 'Can you get back here? We're about to get out asses kicked without you!'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 06:20:02 am »

Looking for the exit meanwhile, Yuki finds the doorway that leads out from the Inner Sanctum and into the normal portion of the Naga Shrine - where the large Stone Slab stands, in front of the stone steps that lead out to the area in front of the large koi pond.

The Shrine, while currently empty, looks clean and well kept.

While Yuki cannot see it from here, she also remembers that the Stone Slab had ‘Tomb of The Master of The Deep Earth, who suckled from the grievous wound and crawled forth of his own will against The Five Gods of Creation’ written thereon in Old Realm; and that it was a reference to Masaki-Dai-Oni, the Father of Demons.

Yuki also remembers that entering the Naga Shrine, back when they had first come here to recover the Naga Book of Secrets, had triggered a Naga Guardian from the Stone Slab, as well as some Giant Turtle Hermits, and a bunch of Kappa - all of which then proceeded to try to kill the Samurai of Sendai...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:22:57 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:39:18 pm »

'Whaaa?!?' Miya thinks back to Yuki - 'Can you get back here? We're about to get out asses kicked without you!'

While hesitant to risk revealing to the Naga that she is alive again, Yuki can't bring herself to simply abandon her friends and comrades who need her.

"I...Okay, I can. I'll be right there."

Yuki thinks back, touching the Sakura and Keitaro statues, and teleporting the three of them to the Temple of the Ancestors. Once there, she'll cast Heavy Hand to be able to pick the two of them up, and Manifest the three of them using her armour.

[OOC: I'll stop there for now in case something happens when she suddenly manifests in the temple]

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 06:22:50 am »

Yuki is able to Teleport with the statues of Sakura and Kaitaro into the place where Sendai's Temple of Ancestors would be.

Then, using Heavy Hand to pick up Sakura and Kaitaro, Yuki uses the power of her Divine Ephemeral Soulsteel Scale armor to Manifest herself and the statues back into the real world.

The Priest of the Temple are surprised to see Yuki suddenly appear out of nowhere - but immediately recognize her and ask, "What is going on down in Sendai? We heard cannon fire and a huge boom! The Exalted Patriarch went down a few moments ago."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:38:04 am by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:48 am »

"Naga have attacked", Yuki replies quickly.

Then, unaware that the danger is over with, she casts Illusions on herself to look like Kenji Nogachi.

"Make sure nothing happens to these two", she says, before teleporting back to the bathhouse.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:39:05 am by killa_robot »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up