Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Chapter 2: Venetian Nights  (Read 136916 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 2: Venetian Nights
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2016, 04:38:04 pm »

'Might as well be done with formalities,' Steeple thinks, heading over to the local authorities to officially introduce himself...

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
  • RIP City of Heroes: 2004-2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2016, 06:54:17 pm »

John stops leaning on a wall and walks over, "Meeting finally over?"
"Heroes die, Heroism never shall." -Statue in King's Row
"Why are living weapons such ASSHOLES!?" -Roark

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »

"Nowhere near finished, I would guess," Steeple replies.

"I don't suppose you have already spoken to Lord Aliprando to announce your presence? Going there now myself."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »

"My name is Saladin Al Fatin. Childer of Husayn Al Fatin, who is now deceased. I see no benefit for any clan in this war and that is why i support peace."

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2016, 12:18:12 am »

"Nowhere near finished, I would guess," Steeple replies.

"I don't suppose you have already spoken to Lord Aliprando to announce your presence? Going there now myself."
"I was waiting on the rest of the group I've been asked by my sire...who will be more than a little displeased with my words at that meeting possibly making him lose face...to accompany, though I can walk with you, it'd be nice to get to know the group of 'misfits' I'm going to be riding with." John says with a sardonic, wincing *at mention of how displeased his sire would be* grin.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2016, 03:33:08 pm »

Anton scoffs at Saladin's proclamation. Surprising. The Assasimite is against the war against the Assamites.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2016, 06:41:17 pm »

"Not sure about your sire, but I hear Vladivostok can be quite nasty to those he takes a disliking to," Steeple replies to John.

"I wouldn't know however, as I don't remember a thing!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2016, 11:52:20 pm »

"Besides," adds Kiril, "attacking Egypt leaves us vulnerable on two fronts."

De Versey swings around with a sort of manic enthusiasm that feels strange in the otherwise contained room, “This beast we face is not whole. It is not some ant hill filled with lockstep drones. It is a man who has lost feeling in his hands. When we attack his left his right will be unaware. When we attack his Heart his right hand will still be unaware! We shall attack on one front against a small force not ready for our coming, and only when that force is laid low and the ground they bled upon salted shall we turn again eastward and, well rested and ready for battle shall we engage.”

He says very little with quite a few words doesn't he? Husayn murmurs silently.

"My name is Saladin Al Fatin. Childer of Husayn Al Fatin, who is now deceased. I see no benefit for any clan in this war and that is why i support peace."

Not even the Byzantine delegation cheers Saladin's statement. The cold silence following his announcement is telling enough of the feeling in the room.

He does, however, see that pleased looks from members of the Lasombra delegation... strangely enough, some of its members appear to be dressed in the traditional garb of moslem men, it would appear that the dark ones are not wholly united in their intentions.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2016, 11:55:03 pm »

Anton and Heldric then usher out their companions so as to introduce them to Lord Aliprando. It takes ten minutes to navigate the packed corridors until they reach a tall red door shut and barred. In front of it is an engraved and well crafted chair, upon which sits a man who looks to be reaching middle years. His brow is furrowed as he listens to this or that complaint from the guests.

Custom would dictate that Anton take a knee and either introduce his companions or allow them to introduce themselves.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2016, 12:37:00 am »

Anton bends his knee to the Lord, knowing that he does not have much choice in the matter.
"Lord Aliprando, I come to introduce my fellow visitors into the city of Venice. Among them are Kiril Petrov Veranin, Prince of Sofia, Steeple Trevesky, Sensenchel of the Tithua Path, the prince of [Whatever that city is called. Farking silly transyvanian names], John the Deprived, and Kiril's friend, Saladin Al Fatin."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »

"Steeple Carson Olaf Trevesky the Fourth," *COUGH... Steeple clarifies, just in case another of his kin had decided to attend the summit as well...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2016, 11:40:23 am »

Aliprando’s face changes so completely that the conspiracy members think for a moment that maybe it had been some cunningly disguised mask revealing the face of a kind and generous man.

“Welcome, welcome. Honored guests of Narses, I am Guilelmo Aliprando, Seneschal to Prince Narses, my sire. Please come and make yourselves welcome.” – Aliprando

“It is only appropriate that we host you. We have only two rules: none die and none are made. You come with what you left with, nothing more and nothing less. I am sure Lord von Kronstadt can show you the rest.” – Aliprando, the mirth still not gone from his face.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2016, 12:15:57 pm »

"Excellent!" Steeple says with nod, admiring the man's salesmanship.

'I bet he could sell copies of the Kama Sutra to the Pope haha!' he thinks to Maurice.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2016, 02:00:04 pm »

"Excellent!" Steeple says with nod, admiring the man's salesmanship.

'I bet he could sell copies of the Kama Sutra to the Pope haha!' he thinks to Maurice.
John nods, "Of course good sir." He flashes a friendly grin.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »

Heldric gives a small bow of the head to acknowledge the rules even if he had heard them before, best not to anger an elder.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:23 pm »

Anton mods.
"Then if there are no more questions for the lord, we shall be off." Anton says, returning his knee to where he originally took it.

Assuming so, and that the Venetian Sensenchel lets them go, Anton will ask.
"Does anyone feel any need to return to the Courts? Nothing much will have changed."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2016, 11:06:24 pm »

No sooner that they took a step back that the Seneschal’s brow once again furrowed, his attention turned from them completely.

As Anton suggests, the group is free to either tour the city (perhaps to feed at their leisure), or to go back to the Blood Courts where the debates have likely begun between the various delegations.

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2016, 11:34:07 pm »

No sooner that they took a step back that the Seneschal’s brow once again furrowed, his attention turned from them completely.

As Anton suggests, the group is free to either tour the city (perhaps to feed at their leisure), or to go back to the Blood Courts where the debates have likely begun between the various delegations.

"Here's a suggestion because I feel those meetings were not exactly fun to sit through: We do everything in our power to try and find some enjoyment that is to be had." John suggests, "Though not to the point where our sires if you still have them and if not then the elders, would have us put to death for it."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »

Anton glares at the Prince for a moment, before shrugging.

"Steeple, you wished to speak with me?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2016, 03:03:32 pm »

Unless he suddenly recollects a compelling reason not to, Kiril wishes to go back to the Courts (and Tommaso Brexiano.)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2016, 03:20:11 pm »

Saladin glares at the man. Then shakes his head slowly. "Dont act like a child, it is not fitting for a warruor such as yourself."

Then he will ignore him for the time being. Obvioisly a fool.

Saladin makes his way to Heldric. "Greetings. I dont believe we have spoken yet." He ends with a bow.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2016, 07:58:36 pm »

Heldric nods his head to Saladin in way or a bow

"Greetings, did I see you arrive accompanying Kiril? I am Heldric, Prince of Balgrad." He glances around "My brother Andreas is here somwhere though I fear he enjoys politics even less than I."

Seeing a possible assassin right in front of him Heldric uses pulse of undeath to get a basic read of the foreigner.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »

Anton glares at the Prince for a moment, before shrugging.

"Steeple, you wished to speak with me?"

"Ah, yes," Steeple answers, "Now would be as good a time as any - though this place is crawling with spies."

"And I am not as apt to deal with them as Heldric was..."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:08 pm »

Heldric nods his head to Saladin in way or a bow

"Greetings, did I see you arrive accompanying Kiril? I am Heldric, Prince of Balgrad." He glances around "My brother Andreas is here somwhere though I fear he enjoys politics even less than I."

Seeing a possible assassin right in front of him Heldric uses pulse of undeath to get a basic read of the foreigner.
Saladin smiles in a friendly manner at him. "I did. My sire, Husayn Al-Fatin were a friend to his Sire. I honour that friendship." He says with a pause, as to elaborate but in the end chooses not too. "I myself am no great fan of politics i admitt, and yet i was a mortal... i believe your word for it would be prince? Son of a leader of a a nation"

"My name is Saladin Al-Fatin. This is my friend and bodyguard Hashim Nassar." He gestures at the man.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2016, 01:11:00 pm »

Heldric nods "Then welcome to our, I would say 'Group' for lack of a better term. We have had many experiences together but I wouldn't call all of us friends quite yet." He sighs and looks in the vague direction of the ongoing discussions "Sadly I must return to the other delegates and put in the occasional comment, you are welcome to join me though."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

"Thank you." Saladin smiles warmly at the mans welcome.    "I understand. Trust is something earned."

Saladin sighs. "Sadly, honour says i must. Do you share your sire's opinion on the war?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:45 pm »

As they walk "I do in fact, I feel this war was a misguided excuse by the humans which certain of our kind kept on to further their own adjendas. It will not go well for either side and ultimately destroy the peace and sucess of the dream in the area." He glances at him again "I heard you speak against the what, though I presume at least partly because it is your homeland being targeted?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »

"Ah, yes," Steeple answers, "Now would be as good a time as any - though this place is crawling with spies."

"And I am not as apt to deal with them as Heldric was..."

Anton grins, baring his fangs.
"I can assist in that regard, should you not be afraid of darkness."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2016, 08:56:14 pm »

"The only darkness I fear," Steeple replies casually, "is the kind that stains the soul."

"But yes, I would be most interested in seeing.. or not seeing (as the case may be), this advanced darkness of the famed Lasombra."

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2016, 09:12:19 pm »

As they walk "I do in fact, I feel this war was a misguided excuse by the humans which certain of our kind kept on to further their own adjendas. It will not go well for either side and ultimately destroy the peace and sucess of the dream in the area." He glances at him again "I heard you speak against the what, though I presume at least partly because it is your homeland being targeted?"

John nods, "I've grown to care in a strange way. How dare they harm my test subjects!? In all seriousness though there is too much to gain for them NOT to go to war, but the cost will be too great in my opinion. Then again the Sire commits to his word and I will not broach that topic...I don't have a death wish...not anymore." He says, mutter that last part lightly and quickly.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

Saladin listens to what both of the men had too say before replying to either. "For someone not intested in that topic, you do talk an awful lot about it." Saladin remarks with an annoyed look on face.

What a despicable man. Doesn't have the decency to introduce himself before butting in. Human as test subjects?! What a terrible disposition to have.

"Now, excuse me." He turns to Heldroc again.

"Well, it seems we agree on yet another thing." He smiles. "Partly because it is my homeland, though i would oppose the war even if my side would be the aggressors. I do not see a point in thousands of mortals dying over an ancients scheme." He says the last part with a sad look on his face, before a more natural look comes over it.

"But, I hafto admit, I'm not familiar of this... 'Area dream' you speak of. Would you mind explaining what it is?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:59:11 am by Daedalus »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2016, 09:59:46 pm »

"The only darkness I fear," Steeple replies casually, "is the kind that stains the soul."

"But yes, I would be most interested in seeing.. or not seeing (as the case may be), this advanced darkness of the famed Lasombra."
Anton's grin remains.
"We must make sure that darkness stays with us, Steeple. With those who are already lost."

He begins to summon a shroud of night to cover the two, and let the two converse.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 09, 2016, 10:27:56 pm »

Heldric nods to John "The Nospheratu are not greatly loved due to our appearance and tendencies but many can learn from us when it comes to subtlety. Whether you agree with your sire and sponcer or not, never voice it in a place like this. Many childe, princes or not, have had fates much worse than being torn limb from limb and fed to the wolves."

Then turning back to Saladin

"The dream is our future, no matter which clan or 'country' you hail from. You must have heard of Michaels Byzantium. He leads the dream there and my sire Malachite aids him. The more who follow the dream, the better our future will be. We build an construct a place for our kind to exist safely and progress through the petty wars and changes. Only a war like this one threatens even Byzantium itself."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2016, 11:07:46 pm »

Anton's grin remains.
"We must make sure that darkness stays with us, Steeple. With those who are already lost."

He begins to summon a shroud of night to cover the two, and let the two converse.

It occurs to Anton that using his powers in the prince's very own home and the Elysium for a gathering of dozens of vampires would be grounds for an execution.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2016, 11:11:11 pm »

It occurs to Anton that using his powers in the prince's very own home and the Elysium for a gathering of dozens of vampires would be grounds for an execution.
Anton doesnt know why, but sure.

"Let us head off to a secluded area. I do not wish to offend the Prince." Anton says, heading to a safer location.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2016, 11:56:28 pm »

Then turning back to Saladin

"The dream is our future, no matter which clan or 'country' you hail from. You must have heard of Michaels Byzantium. He leads the dream there and my sire Malachite aids him. The more who follow the dream, the better our future will be. We build an construct a place for our kind to exist safely and progress through the petty wars and changes. Only a war like this one threatens even Byzantium itself."

"Oh, that dream. It is a good dream, were it not for our kinds inherent hunger. Just think of all blood needed to fuel such a place. But then again, how much blood is already flowing because of our disdain for one another." He shrugs. "Though a place of learning like the fabled Carthage of old... Is a place to be desired."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2016, 12:56:36 am »

"Carthage was indeed great once. Though look at Byzantium, one of the greatest cities seen and the sheer number of human there. Those that follow the dream take what is needed and, the populous is so great that our kind living there could feed on a different human each time and some would be born and die never being bitten." he pauses and looks around "I could speak of it for days but for now there are some here who disagree and some that outright oppose so I shall be discreet as I just advised our new aquintance."

Other than Kirils friendship, what brings you here?"

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2016, 09:44:49 am »

John shrugs, "Well...I guess I should introduce myself, I am known as John the Deprived. For my sire removed many things I once had, including the blinders which rendered me unable to consider things." he says with a bow, "Even if I weren't referring to these people as Test Subjects, a war would kill them pointlessly."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2016, 09:57:47 am »

"Perhaps." He replied with a thoughtful look. "It is a interesting topic. One i would very much like to continue to discuss at a later date."

"Here specifically or here, among your group?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2016, 04:52:15 pm »

"Here specifically. I assumed everyone would want to join our group because of our famous sucess and great looks." Heldric replies with uncharicteristic whit

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2016, 05:01:03 pm »

Anton doesnt know why, but sure.

"Let us head off to a secluded area. I do not wish to offend the Prince." Anton says, heading to a safer location.

"Of course," Steeple replies, following Anton wherever they need to go.

---

http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2053.0
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:11:56 pm by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2016, 07:21:07 pm »

"Yes. The bards of this place sings songs of your heroism." Saladin says with a serious face, which was soon followed by a warm smile.

"The coming war."

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2016, 10:31:04 pm »

Heldric nods, humour of the last moment gone again "As it seems, the other delegates will be arguing here long past the wars end, though I fear some information is soon going to come to light that will shift things significantly in the debating room. I sadly I must be spent to represent Byzantium even if all know my lack of ability in these proceedings."

cdrive1

• Bounty Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2016, 03:08:32 pm »

John nods, "Well, if you need me, I will be in town square, look for the dazed citizens." He says, silently stalking about for people as he is thirsty.

He looks for someone who is alone, his hair and hood grown long enough to cover his eyes in an attempt to dull the glow into something normal, 'A lovely night indeed.' he thinks to himself, noting how the moon is.

---

http://www.bountyheadbebop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2054.0
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:11:13 pm by BerkaZerka »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:30 pm »

"We cant all be playing politicians." Saladin gests. "Shift the tides? In our favor i take it?"

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2016, 07:37:14 pm »

Heldric nods politely at John's exit, he was going to be an interesting Prince.

Then replying to Saladin "if only anything here was that simple!" Heldric practically scoffs "Mearly against on of the sides that is not ours but I've been warned that the manner it happens is more important that what is actually going on so it could fall out in any number of stupid ways with how they scheme here. I'm keeping silent as with my political skills interfering would probably only end up with me dying and war breaking out here and now."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »

8th of August, 1202; 2:54am
Somewhere below ground
The Domain of Narses
Prince of Venice

The debate has been going on for nearly an hour now and to everyone’s surprise it is not Lanzo who stands opposed to Tommaso but Roland du Rocher, who is the opposite of his sire in speaking to the Spanish Lasombra - where Lanzo was all impassioned fury that would often lead to interruptions in Tommaso's speech (and subsequent chastisement by lord Aliprando, the moderator) and a method of attack that would bully around the opposing orator, Roland seems to speak reasonably.

The young Ventrue is funny and affable as his opponent throws barbs at him; he seems to be honestly attempting to get Tommaso to change his mind. Asking questions in such a way as to force the answer he wants, much to Tommaso’s obvious frustration.

Kiril was very much enjoying the verbal jousting, eventually pushing himself to the front of the gallery. This was greater than any theater he’d ever seen.

Suddenly Roland was pointing directly at him.

“You, pray tell, do you wish for this war to end in victory or defeat?” – Roland

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2016, 09:51:15 pm »

It's a trick question, isn't it?  Kiril experiences a momentary flash of panic.  What do I say without looking foolish?

Well, not answering is also going to look inane, isn't it?

At a complete loss for an intelligent reply, Kiril goes with absolute literalism. 

"Victory for some is defeat for others."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2016, 12:28:04 am »

Kiril notes a look of approval from Tomasso,

Roland grins at Kiril's reply, seemingly finding humour in Kiril's response "A clever one! Do you wish, then, for us to achieve victory in this war? All of us, and our combined interests?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2016, 01:23:44 am »

A split second of pleasure at Tommaso's approval. But then- It's a trick, a trap. There's nothing I can say.

"That's the problem, isn't it? Our interests don't really seem to be combined."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up