Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lucien - Lure of the Land  (Read 25391 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Lucien - Lure of the Land
« on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:45 pm »

1199, January 30th, 10:39 PM
Shaasburg,
Domain of Lucien, Queen of Sandor

In his haven within the castle over Shaasburg, Lucien twists and pulls away at an incapacitated wolf - he'd had some hunters capture one; after the attacks on Tihuta Pass he'd begun to develop a slight curiosity as to the effectiveness of Fleshcrafted wolves.

He finds his work interrupted by Ennius, who knocks at his door. Turning his attention away from his latest project, Lucien opens the door.

"My lord, a letter has arrived for you from what appears to be Vladimir Rustovich."

Lucien might feel some fear at the mention of the name - Vladimir Rustovich is the current vovoide of vovoides, the ultimate ruler of Transylvania, put into power by each of the vovoides of the Tzimisce ancestral lands.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:24:59 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Lucien - Lure of the Land
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:56:31 pm »

oooh crap. Lucien thinks to himself, with a gnawing sense o dread. One he quickly shrugs off however.

"This could either be a good thing, or a very very bad thing." He says to Ennius as he takes the letter and goes to a room with his desk.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:43:21 pm »

My fellow Clanmate,

The night of the demon draws near, our astrologers and our greatest sorcerers have found that on the 24th of February, the barriers between the worlds will grow weak. Kupala's night is nearly upon us.

A call has been sent out to all of our clan, you are to join the nearest vovoide, who shall grant you safety and hospitality until two nights after the demon's night. Whatever feuds you have, forget them. Whatever grievances pale in comparison to the danger posed to our land.

May you heed the call.

Vladimir Rustovich,
Vovoide of Vovoides.

Lucien takes quick stock of the situation - the nearest vovoide would actually be his own sire, Sandor.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:27:37 am »

"Huh. Its that time of the year. Ennius, arrenge for us to travel to our Lord Sandor."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 12:41:34 pm »

"Will we travel with Adrian and his childer?" the knight asks.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »

"We will. This is something all Tzimisce participate in. It is Kupalas night." He replied rather grimly.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

Ennius nods.

"Shall I remain behind to manage your affairs, or are you confident everything can work without us in place for a month?"

Common sense would suggest to Lucien that it would not, in fact, hold up without them in place for a month.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 04:14:06 pm »

"T'is best you stay behind on this one. I'd hate to see everything we've built here fade away." He said grimly. "if it we're any other day i would not travel alone. But, this nights there is peace between all tzimisce."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 04:59:37 pm »

"You won't be alone my lord - Barabus, that servant of Steeple's who you won in that wager - he is still yours. Fierce enough, and I can order him to protect you."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »

"He would kill us all given the chance."Lucien replies. "But very well. Arrange for us to travel within a fortnight."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:09:25 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 05:35:35 pm »

"He won't ever get that half-chance." Ennius says, confidently.

---

Arrangements are soon made for Lucien, Barabus, Adrian and his childer to leave for the city of Arad, the heart of Vovoide Sandor's domain in the southern mountain ranges of Transylvania.

---

February 15th, 8:30 PM,
Arad,
Domain of Vovoide Sandor, Master of the elements.

The short trip through the mountain passes took a bit longer than it should have - the snows from winter hadn't quite finished melting and they were greatly hindered, but Lucien's command of fire and Adrian's command of water allowed the two to melt a way through the pass, however slowly.

When Arad is just barely visible in the valley where it rests - over a dozen miles away - the winds around the mountain increase exponentially in strength. Lucien huddles into his carriage, terrified of being pushed off of the narrow mountains passes, and his children take tight hold and try to hurry their way down.

The gale winds increase in force until it feels like they're going to be pushed right off - and then Sandor appears out of thin air, along with a final blast of air followed by a sudden calm.

"Welcome to my domain."

The whisper of a greeting finds its way to the ears of all those present.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:45 pm »

Lucien stepped out of the carriage, careful not to go out on the side with cliff.

Farking heights. Who the Fark makes passages trough mountains anyway. Farkiiiing heights He thinks to himself.

when he got out of the wagon he bowed deeply and said "Greetings my dear sire."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 06:49:21 pm »

"Our celebration will take place on the 24th, as I am sure you are all aware. I grant you sanctuary until one night after the celebration, no matter our past grievances, as you are to grant your friendship to those others of our clan present, no matter your grievances. I shall meet you all soon."

And then, in a most silent whisper that travels quietly on the winds beginning once more to flow across the mountain pass - "Greetings, my dear childe."

The vovoide explodes into a burst of powerful wind, rocking the wagons back and forth as he returns to his city.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 03:44:02 pm »

lucien nods and continues the journey.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 09:26:24 am »

lucien will spend his time associating with Adrian, learning how to manipulate him to further his own designs. He will also spend some time looking for a pair of male human twins. Between the ages of 0-6, the younger the better.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:04:07 am by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:41:44 pm »

The next two weeks are spent with Sandor and Adrian, making preparations for the ceremony of Kupala's night.

In that time Lucien learns that there are no twins from ages 0-6 (or otherwise) available in Arad for him to abduct and perform his twisted experiments on.

He also learns that Adrian is a rather skilled sorcerer through the water paths - something he was already aware of, though he didn't know that Sandor was the one who'd taught Adrian, and didn't realize Adrian had been one of Sandor's students for so long - mastering a path of Sorcery is no easy feat and requires a good number of years of study, that Adrian was passed over in favor of Lucien - well, the unspoken resentment is hardly surprising.

Adrian's childer, a Koldun of Sorrow and a fleshcrafter respectively, are both his students and Lucien suspects that they resent him as well; where they could have been the childer of a prince they are instead the servants of a servant of a servant. Perhaps fortunately, Lucien senses they might resent Adrian as much as they resent him...

---

February 24th, 11:59 PM,
Carpathian mountains, several miles outside of Arad,
Domain of the Vovoide Sandor, Master of the Elements.

Dark storm clouds gather overhead in the night's sky; the moon is out in full, unobscured by the storm Sandor had summoned to the peak of Curcubăta Mare, the tallest of the Apuseni mountain ranges.

Lucien is not pleased with the choice of tonight's battleground.

The hike had been long; the mountain was a tall one - it towers almost two kilometers over the earth.

Rain has not begun to fall, but lightning strikes the sides of the mountain, and the vortex of air opens up at the moon almost directly above the Koldun and his child. By midnight, the blood sacrifice would be made, and the corruption seething under the skin of the land would be forced to confront its master.

From the rain of Sandor's storm and a nearby lake Adrian has gathered elementals to himself, his eyes glow with the lesser mark of power, his skin is slimy from the greater.

Lucien's sire possesses an aura of mystical power, as the greater mark manifests the power of Spirit. His eyes glow slightly, remaining partly neutral.

In the storm's swirling winds twists a sylph, a greater elemental spirit the great koldunic sorcerer had summoned to aid in protecting the site of the ritual.

Adrian's childer have made their own preparations, though in the face of Adrian and Sandor their preparations are laughable - the fleshcrafter brought a fleshcrafted slave and the Koldun used a lesser mark of power on himself.

Lucien, meanwhile, stands in his own corner of the circle, his own preparations having been made; his eyes glow brightly with hot fire while his skin is dry and rough and ruddy, steam rises from him as the rain evaporates from the heat of his skin. Two fire elementals are nearby, weakened slightly by the torrential downpour from Sandor's storm but burning more than hotly enough to hold their own.

The three Kolduns have gathered for Kupala's night, with the two neonates they begin the sacrifice.

Each sheds their blood into the Silver Cup used for the ceremony. First Sandor, then Lucien, then Adrian, then the two childer.

Each of those present drinks of the potent mixture. Sandor prepares to drop the cup to the ground, where the remaining blood would mix with the water and fall down the mountain.

Lightning strikes down from the vortex, and a nearby tree explodes from the force. A small fire is temporarily lighted before being put out by the torrential rain.

Sandor hesitates. Something is wrong.

All of a sudden a man whose face lies hidden, wearing dark robes and carrying a large, glowing, rune-inscribed staff steps out of thin air, into the center of the Tzimisce. He raises the thing to the sky and cries out "Fulgur!".

The mountain lights up from the blast, as lightning comes down from the storm and strikes his staff. The blast throws all those present away in a circle from the mage, who now crackles with the power of the storm coursing through him. The silver cup flies into the air, and the blood within mixes with the rain. The ritual is completed, and Lucien begins to see the monsters summoned to the mountain as they take form to battle with the land's protectors. He sees one ooze out of the tree, it's substance thick and sticky, as that of the tree's sap - but a dark red, too close to blood for comfort.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:04:33 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 07:49:27 pm »

"Elementals, kill that one if you'd be so kind" Lucien shouts to make himself heard trough the downpour. "Sire! Whats going on? Who is that man?" He shouts As he Himselfs casta combust on the tree sap blood thingy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:10:31 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »

The mage at the center calls for wind, and the storm summoned by Sandor grows ever more powerful; howling winds tear at all those atop the mountain and threaten to drag them off and send them falling down the mountainside. He then holds his staff out towards Petru, and a bolt of lightning arcs out of it, striking the fleshcrafter and throwing him back ten paces; the vampire just barely avoids falling to his final death off the mountainside.

A blinding flash lights the mountainside and Lucien sees another man, this one seemingly riding on the powerful winds. The mage flits through the air, heading towards the greater sylph who even now prepares her power to wreak vengeance on those who would disrupt the ceremony of Kupala's night. Yet the mage reaches out towards her, and the koldun is stunned to note the cracks that begin spreading across the wind spirit's now very visible, no longer ephemeral skin. The cracks glow and she explodes in a burst of magical energy before being sucked back into his hands.

Sandor stands, furious. The air around him steams as he gathers his strength.

"Tremere!"

The Koldun reaches towards the mage who crackles even now with electric power and makes a motion to pull him down; the earth reaches up and drags the mage into the mountainside.

Then he looks to the mage within the sky, the one who captured his sylph, and the air around him crackles. The storm clouds he'd summoned light up as electricity visibly courses through them, and then the sky explodes.

Temporarily blinded by the series of explosive lightning blasts that filled the air from Sandor's storm, Lucien's vision clears just enough to see the mage's smoking, ruined body falling from the sky.

Another mage flies up, however, and with an unheard incantation Sandor's skin splits open as a massive amount blood is ripped out of him and pulled to the caster, quickly absorbed through the skin. The koldun pauses a second, staggered by the unconventional loss of his blood, when he is immediately struck by some invisible force that slams him into the air, where the powerful winds throw him off the mountainside.

Adrian raises his hands, prepared to begin using his own magics - when out of the clouds dives a massive stone monster, Adrian's entire face is destroyed as the thing uppercuts him out of nowhere, with all the force of a several ton flying vampiric monstrosity behind the blow.

A second dives out of the sky and pulverizes Robert, driving a fist through his face and then settling on the ground to stomp the neonate into incapacitation.

His face in the process of reforming, Adrian lets out a roar, his flesh rapidly begins to reshape itself into the form of a horrid beast, his clothes rip and tear, his knuckles grow nobs and his fingers elongate into claws, he becomes the very picture of rage.

As the gargoyle comes down for a second pass, Adrian pulls him out of the air and the two begin grappling in the mud and dirt, with two of his water elementals joining him in attacking the slave.

Lucien, more wary of the other threats that plagued them - mainly, the bane spirits that had begun to emerge from the corrupt land, turns to the demon he saw ooze out of the tree. His eyes flare briefly and the air around the evil thing explodes into a blast of powerful flame, the thing sizzles and a steaming whine much like a scream is emitted from its form.

Adrian's other three water elementals disperse to hold the kupala demons away from the currently fighting mages.

Lucien's elementals go to the Tremere mage, whose body is covered but whose head is all to visible. They fill the air around his head with flames, and his screams of agony are rather sweet to Lucien's ears.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:50 pm »

This... This is fun Lucien thinks to himself as he hears the tremere scream in agony. He also makes sure to add a sound effect to the mage falling out of the sky. A long outsrawn whistle followed by *splat* sound when he thinks he hit the ground.

"Now, what shall we do with you my tainted little fellow..." he says to the spirit, not caring if it can hear him or not. "i love to cut you open but i fear that just isnt possible with the form you're in, so... Lets check how many times i can do this before you boil..."

"Oh but let me take some precautions first!" He said with a smile as he casts wall of magma, if not succesfull try again and if succesfull cast combust on demon after.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 10:17:33 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

A Sandor falls, seemingly helpless to stop his descent, the strength of the winds picks up more and more, a small cyclone forms around the vovoide before he disolves into the winds, now a part of the very storm he commanded.

From over the edge of the mountain comes the Spirit mage - very injured by still remarkably alive, being propelled much faster than before. He lands by Lucien's two fire elementals and shouts out two commands. One of the elementals does not respond to the command - but the other does so instantly, immediately turning on Lucien. It directs its hands towards Lucien, and the air around him erupts into flames.

While he easily resists Rötshreck, the fire are not so easily ignored - angry flames eat at his dead flesh.

Then the lightning magus bursts from the hungry earth as if pulled out; his blackened, charred skin only serves to outline the fury in his eyes as he looks on Lucien, who he smites with a blast of energy from his staff. Lucien has a brief moment to register the buzz in the air around him before he's struck, the blast throwing him clean off his feet.

Meanwhile, the third mage touches down on the water elementals holding back the Kupala, and runs his hands briefly through their liquid forms. Their bodies all hiss and steam as they evaporate almost instantly.

The second gargoyle, done beating one of Adrian's Childer into an unseemly state of existence, turns its attention onto Adrian. Jumping into the air and flying around in a circle to pick up speed while the Tzimisce is distracted with his broodmate, the Gargoyle picks up enough velocity that it speeds through the night air - when energy begins to run through Sandor's storm and strikes it out of the sky, sending the gargoyle careening into a nearby oak; its wings broken and its form horribly burnt.

Adrian, meanwhile, takes the massive, heavy Gargoyle below him and throws the thing into the lake, where the heavy creature sinks instantly. While Adrian's water elementals begin to go into the water, he Koldun mutters another incantation and the lake's water begins to swirl violently.

Lucien, perhaps unfond of the mages double-teaming him with lightning bolts and his own spirits, mutters a quick incantation - first having a small blast of fiery energy finish off the weakened Kuapal spirit he initiatlly attacked, and then throwing a ten foot tall circle of pure lava up to protect himself from further assaults.

Lucien's remaining (free) fire elemental tries to run away from the fight - but is locked in place by the invisible force holding it down.

One of Adrian's remaining water elementals strikes at the Tremere attacking it - yet the mage seems laughably unnafected by the blow, only stumbling slightly from the unexpected force of the attack.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 03:04:56 pm »

"tsk." Lucien mutters as he the flame surround him. "Beautiful flames." He says to himself as he heals whatever damage can be healed. he will get down om the ground and lie in a X shape to prevent the forces mage mage throwikg him into the lava. He will also roll to dodge any attacks from the gargoyles and cast combust on them should they try anything.

he will spend will to prevent damage to himself aswell, aswell.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:25:12 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »

Sandor speeds through the storm, his eyes closed.

Where does the Usurper hide?

Even now the vovoide feels the mage trying to tighten the grip on his insubstantial form, to drag him away from the fighting.

There you are.

The mage was on a peak opposite of the mountain, about a mile away behind several trees and bushes in a rather scenic meadow - surprising that he was able to fight and maintain his concentration from that distance. Three ghouls in heavy armour surrounded him, no doubt serving as protection in case he was found.

The vovoide halts his speeding flight and stands still momentarily - it's enough, the mage catchs him and the vovoide feels the invisible grip tighten on him.

He smiles, letting his fangs show very widely. It is the only warning the mage receives.

"Now burn."

---

The ground shakes under Lucien, he sees the peak of another mountain not far from him erupt, beginning to spew molten lava whilst sending flaming rocks into the air. Dark, ashen smoke fill the sky, gleefully absorbed by the storm.

The lightning mage sees the eruption and vanishes into thin air, taking both other magi with him. If Lucien could see him he would see the mage's look of sudden panic, if he could follow them with his eyes he would see him bring the two mages to another mountain while he picked up the master of Forces, suffering terrible burns to his hands as he thrust them into the molten lava to retrieve the vampire. He would see the ghouls left behind, unable to move out of the thick lava, their armor melting stuck to their rapidly fading bodies.

Lucien lies flat out on the ground, expecting danger to come from the skies - not yet knowing that the mages are gone.

Yet he feels something begin to shift underneath him...

The remaining gargoyle, left behind, stumbles upright from the wreckage of the tree it had landed in. Its wings reform enough that it leaps into the sky and continues its attack, compelled to continue.

Lucien's preparations were not in vain.

The gargoyle takes a dive at the koldun, only to find Lucien rolling aside just fast enough to avoid him - and the gargoyle crashes into the gaping maw of the Kupala that had been about to emerge from the ground and attack the unknowing Lucien.

The gargoyle tears its way through the demon's maw, breaking some of it's teeth in the process, and a rather unseemly wrestling match begins to take place.

Outside, Adrian's water elementals go to protect his childe's torpid form while he himself leaps into the swirling whirlpool he'd made of the lake.

Lucien's fire elementals, meanwhile, begin to duke it out as one acts to slay Lucien and the other to protect him.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

Luciens gets up from the ground, too impatient to wait for further attacks.

He glances at the demon/gargoyle fight briefly before saying "fight togheter, die together."

Before casting combust On the most damaged one of the pair. He will then shift into horrid form.

Important note for Drak: I will let you spend will in order to not get killed. Well, final death either way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:41:23 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 08:51:17 pm »

Sandor turns, done with the mages, only to start slightly in the air.

They're everywhere.

The koldun sees his childe in a wall of lava, too many of the demonic creatures are approaching him, when it gives out...

"Lucien, you must protect yourself."

The message is caught by the winds and dragged away, soon it would reach his child's ears.

The Koldun dives out of the air, he sees all too many Kupala beggining to approach the lake, waiting for Adrian to re-emerge. Some aquatic Kupala even enter of their own volition.

Landing and reforming into a solid being, Sandor slams into the ground - and the earth shakes as cracks spread out from beneath his feet. The ground in front of him quakes and breaks and the Kupala are rocked back and forth, thrown off their feet or stunned in the case of those who did not have them to begin with.

---

Sandor's message reaches Lucien's ears, and Lucien is instantly alerted to the threat beyond his wall. However, it seems to be holding strong still.

The gargoyle beats its powerful fists into the inside of the demon's mouth and soon it simply stops moving, unable to withstand the guardian's assault.

The thing stumbles sideways and turns it's gray eyes onto Lucien, just barely able to move.

Lucien says his line, and the gargoyle screams as flames consume it's body. On its death the thing's body breaks apart in the stiff wind and crumbles into a pile of gravel.

Loud cracks and a sickly twisting sound are heard as Lucien then begins to change into the Horrid form.

---

In the lake, the vortex still swirls as Adrian and the gargoyle have their unseen final battle.

The kupala quickly overwhelm Adrian's remaining outside water elementals, Lucien's fire elementals retreat to the lava wall but one of them is too slow from the start, its body rent apart with claws before it can reach the thing.

The second almost makes it - only to be charged by a massive corrupted stag, it's massive antlers bearing absurdly long and powerful spikes, it's body as great as that of the dragons of hold, it's breath steamy and powerful. The stag rams the elemental and its body dissipates into smoke as it is undone.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

Lucien completes his transformation, heals whatever isn't aggravated and roars.

If his sire warns him, things must truly be dire. Is the fight against the tremere truly going that bad? Unless... He looks at the dead Kupala spirit on the ground.

"Fark." He says. "i need to know how many are out there..." he walks around in the lava barrier, pacing back and forth. "what will happen once the barrier inevitbly falls. There are too many unanswered questions here. crap. Communicate ritual? No.. takes too long... I guess i have no choice but to wait, and not shame my beloved sire as i walk into the shadowlands. He thought stoicly to himself, bracing into the coming onslaught. He will not try to use his kopis like last time but instead engage in hit and run tactics, beginning with the elk thingy. Once he seesbit anyway. He will also boost his stamina and dexterity by 2 points each.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 08:47:19 pm »

Lucien struggles to keep to his feet as the mountain shakes from his sire's mastery of the Way of Earth.

The wall persists for 12 more seconds - Lucien has time to heal his wounds as well enhance his physical abilities.

When it falls, Lucien is stunned at what he sees.

The lake's vortex has stopped swirling, Adrian and the gargoyle he went down chasing are nowhere to be seen.

But of true note is Sandor and the veritable horde of demons swarming him. The vovoide is not uninjured, covered in numerous claw marks that he does not seem to be able to heal.

The mountain side has been ravaged by the Koldun's blows, each step he takes splits the earth and ravages the horde around him - yet even he is unable to subdue it entirely, and even now the greater demon that destroyed Lucien's elemental prepares to charge.

Sandor glances briefly towards Lucien, seeing that his childe's barrier had fallen, and leaps into the air - his body turning to wind before he could be destroyed by the small horde - and yet it seems even the spirits of the wind are subject to Kupala's influence, for out of Sandor's storm an ethereal creature lets out a banshee's wail as it strikes at him. The vovoide is struck from the sky - he lands roughly next to Lucien, his wounds numerous and, to Lucien, worrying,

"Damn the warlocks! Damn them all!" He mutters, cursing to himself as he struggles to stand.

"We have a bit of time, Adrian is combatting the spirits in the lake, he might even prevail. He's had his elementals drag his childer to safety in there as well."

Blood begins cooling out of Sandor's wounds - no, no, rather, Sandor has begun to turn into blood... The vovoide's flesh begins to melt away - though he still speaks to Lucien while he can.

"I can no longer risk fighting in physical form, but I can no longer use my magics as a pool of blood. Be careful childe, be especially wary of the stag."

There being no enemies nearby (they were all fairly far away attacking Sandor), Lucien has some time...

As of now, there are 12 Kupala remaining (including the stag) that Lucien can see. Possibly more are in the lake or within the storm.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:49:05 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 08:57:20 pm »

"Farking tremere. All these demons would have been a fair fight against us, but with the mages... bah. Atleast they are dealt with. Now to deal with the trash.." He says, mostly to himself. He will also spend 4 points of blood to boost his STR.

Assuming the Stag demon is the closest one, he will delay his actions and wait for it to charge, using will to dodge its attack, he will however aim to cripple it by swiping at its  front leg, preferably slicing its damned leg off.

Should the above not be viable he will just attack the closest ones, and retreat away from them to avoid being swamped by them, employing hit and run tactics.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:16:25 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »

Sandor completes his transformation, though he retains a human shape - a sign of his mastery over Vicissitude.

The Koldun leaves space for Lucien to combat the greater Kupala, as he re-engages the weaker, "standard" Kupala.

The corrupt stag rears it's head and belows, then begins it's leap towards Lucien. It's pulls its head back, aiming to run Lucien through with its manifold spiked antlers - but the Horrid Tzimisce moves aside in time, moving with almost unbelievable supernatural agility - few undead could have matched him in that moment, fewer still could have matched the strength of the blow he then landed on the demon's arm-like front legs.

The thing roars, its cry shaking the earth seemingly as much as Sandor's blows had previously done.

It retaliates with stunning speed - the creature jerks its head forward and catches Lucien on its antlers - it pushes him forward and the Koldun can only grit his teeth in pain as the supernatural's antlers dig into his skin - and then gasp in pain when the thing rams Lucien's body into a tree, impaling him entirely and fixing him in place as the stag's antlers even sink into the tree behind Lucien. The stuck antlers may be what save Lucien's unlife, as the stag struggles to loose it's head from its current place.

The impact to the tree is absorbed easily enough, but Lucien is unsure how much more of this punishment he can take.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 04:31:38 pm »

"Somehow, i thought you'd hurt more." He smiled at the tainted creature. "There is no need to be angry and hateful anymore. I will save you from your taint." Lucien says kindly to the creature.

"Now, i dont like being in this awkvard position more than you, so lets get this overwith." He added as he began fleshcrafting his way out of there, making the antlers less ouchie in the process.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:39:22 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »

Lucien's form melts around the antlers - his flesh pulling away and reshaping itself far enough that he is able to move his hands, with which he strikes off the demon stag's spiked antlers.

Before he can finish removing it all, however, the stag rips itself free of the tree, and it jerks its head mightly, throwing Lucien away onto the ground - Lucien hits it hard and rolls about several feet. His unusually hardy body unharmed, he is able to stand and face the stag again as it looks furiously at him. It seems to prepare itself for a second charge - but stumbles on its injured leg.

It's laboured breathing is clearly heard to Lucien through the storm.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 06:28:20 am »

"You have fought well, corrupt being. But it is time for us to end this little show." He charged the stag, avoiding its head. Now its time to for the rear leg to go.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:10:56 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 09:12:35 pm »

The beast snorts and now stands on two legs - abandoning the four-legged charge. The demon stag leaps through the air towards Lucien - and with its good hand it swipes at the Fiend.

Lucien manages to sidestep the blow - and then he smashes through one of its rear legs, it failing its attempt to turn away, using the strength of his blow and his skill in fleshcrafting to cleanly separate it from its body.

The beast rapidly spins in place and rips through Lucien's entire front body, its claws leaving incredibly painful, weeping wounds.

The thing falls, no longer able to keep its balance, and growls at Lucien - snapping at him with his teeth.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

"Tsk. You dont learn from your misstakes do you.." He shaked his head slowly. "Well, i applaud you for wounding me as much as you did." he clapped mockingly at the stag. "But alas, the time has come for you to die."

He smiled cruelly at the creature. He will switch back to his human form, then cast combust on the creatures face.

if any other kupala spirits come close he will avoid them, if avoiding them is not a option he will cast wall of magma. Making sure he is close/far away enough that the wall of magma would hit them

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:57:40 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »

Lucien quickly realizes he does not have the time to engage in a full transformation in the middle of combat - and so he casts his dread magic on the beast right away, and the small explosion of fire sends the stag flying back, dreadfully injured and hopelessly unable to continue the fight.

The stag's bones begin cracking then, as the Greater Kupala leaves the body it had been possessing. Oozing out of the creature's various orifices the viscuous black slime collects itself, forming into an exact copy of Lucien - minus the injuries.

It speaks with his voice, and Lucien feels dread begin to overwhelm him as the demon's presence invades his mind.

"Tsk. You don't learn from your mistakes do you?" He says, mockingly repeating Lucien's words back to him.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »

Lucien doed plan B, ring of fire around him and makes sure to hit the damned slime.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »

Lucien's eyes flare as he he tears open the earth to summon from it hot lava once more. Steam rises as the rain drops evaporate in the intense heat before they can enter the circle, and a screech of surprise comes from the demon's maw. Stumbling back, Lucien is momentarily calmed, knowing that he is safe behind his sorcerous wall.

Then he hears the flapping of wings.

A monstrously large bird flies up from behind the wall and hovers overhead, battling the powerful winds of the storm to keep control of its flight. It begins flying in circles around the sky as it prepares to dive down at Lucien.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 06:56:48 pm »

"Man i cant seem to get a lucky break here." Lucien mumbles to himself.

"YOU, FarkTARD, YOU WANT IT? COME GET IT!" He shouts at the bird.

Lucien will stay as close as he can to the wall, forcing the thing to land in the ring if it wants to get him. Since it shouldent be able to dive hawk style if hes close to the wall.

Lucien will also use combust on the birds face.

After combusting the birds face he will then make a second smaller ring of lava around him. Smaller than the first to prevent becoming a late night snack for the bird.

"CHIRP CHIRP MOTHAFarkA" He screams after he's done with the second lava wall.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:14:22 pm by Daedalus »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 11:27:29 pm »

Lucien motions towards the demon as it dashes towards him, its terrible claws outstretched as it prepared to end the vampire's unlife.

Lucien's eyes flare, and the air around the thing begins to heat - then to Lucien's despair, he sees it roll away just in time to avoid the sudden explosion of flame!

The Kupala must have realized what Lucien had been planning.

Laying his head back in resignation, Lucien closes his eyes, huddling as close as he can get to the lava wall without it burning him.

The demon dives. Speeding through the air, its wings outstretched, it moves almost too fast to be seen by the naked eye - but Lucien can feel the thing move towards him, even through his closed eyes.

A small smile graces his face when he feels the bird is close enough.

Chirp chirp motherFarker indeed.

The wall of lava bursts out from the earth, the greater Kupala slams right into the molten rock and a desperate screech comes out of its beak, quickly stopped by the lava that engulfs it.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2015, 11:38:14 pm »

Lucien will walk as far away from the bird as possible. No point in getting lava on himself, its bad for your skin.

"See, i told you so. Now die already."

Lucien will spend the rest of his lava cage time looking for further dangers, and possibly combusting the bird again if needed.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 02:01:13 pm »

The sound of struggling soon fade away - for now, at least, the fight is over.

Lucien lies back and lets the rain fall over him, the cool feel of it welcome in the stead of the heat from the lava. The water hisses and steams off his overly hot skin, burning from the power of the greater mark of power he'd applied to himself.

The walls around him begin to sink back into the earth, and Lucien notes that the sounds of fighting have died down. Turning his head to look at the battlefield, he sees what is left of the Kupala in ruins. Shape shifters though they might be, the havoc wreaked on their bodies by Sandor's fleshcrafting was fantastical, and though many are not dead, they will be easy pickings.

From the lake, Adrian rises, no longer in Horrid form but extremely injured, his body covered in claw marks, parts of him are even outright missing, chewed off by whatever horrors the kupala who chased him had turned into.

For a moment, Lucien can relax.

The sound of a sudden movement brings him back to reality.

"He's not yet finished Lucien." Sandor's voice says to him from across the storm, too late.

The greater Kupala had taken the form of a man once again, lava still glowed hot on his body and a mad look filled his eyes. His arm was not human, but rather had turned into a spearlike weapon that he prepared to thrust directly into Lucien's heart.

Preparing a spell of fire on his lips, Lucien knows it will be too late to stop the blow. He closes his eyes - and waits for a blow that never comes.

The rain and winds along with the quick typical cooling speed of lava had worked to Lucien's advantage, no more than an inch away from his face the greater Kupala's spear/arm was stuck in place, it itself encased in a prison of stone. It is unable to move, but Lucien can still see the fury in its eyes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:11:57 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:54 pm »

Lucien wont bother with any smart remarks this time.

"Die." He says before launching an assault on tHe creature with his claws.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 02:43:23 pm »

The thing, injured and so near death as it was, falls to his claws. The demon dissolves in Lucien's hands as it dies, it's taint fading from the earth.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 06:37:18 pm »

Lucien turns back into a human form.

"That wasnt so hard was it" he says to dead pile of goo.

He will then head to Sandor, combusting any lesser demons still alive.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 05:08:13 pm »

By the time Lucien arrives, Sandor has taken back his human form, with Adrian having rejoined them. No one here is in good condition, but the important thing is that everyone is without a doubt alive.

Sandor closes his eyes and says a word of release. The rain stops, and Lucien sees that the storm begins to slowly clear.

"We have done well today. This land is free of the taint once more."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 08:53:56 am »

"And some Tremere. I say the world is better off without both of them." he smiles at his words. "And it looks like we all managed to get out alive aswell. i think." He then turned to Adrian "Your childer, they survived right?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2015, 04:30:09 pm »

Adrian shifts as he moves, he clearly has difficulty staying up.

"Perhaps, I am unsure."

He drops to his knees, and eases himself into a sitting position against a tree.

"The ine who fell down the mountain may have died, I susoect our servants down there may have saves him"

Sandro intercedes - "Yes, your child is safe. I had the winds slow his fall, he suffered grievous injuries but he shall recover, as we all will."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 05:05:24 pm »

"I see. Good news." He says with a smile. He then takes out his beautiful walking stick made of a human spine and then toss it to Adrian. "Here, it appears you need it more than i do for the time being."

Lucien then remembers they are atanding on a mountan top and instantly regrets letting go of his staff.
"Oh, eh.. Can we get down now? Im not terribly fond of heights..." And i dont need the -2 to my rolls  when i already have many many penalties for being more dead than alive.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »

As Lucien makes to throw Adrian his walking stick, he collapses to his hands and knees.

Adrian does not smile, but Lucien can see the joy in his eyes at the younger Tzimisce's failure to do so much as throw him a stick.

"Perhaps YOU need my help, Lucien?" Two water elementals slide out of the lake. One forms itself into a more-or-less solid, mobile chair for Adrian. Another goes to Lucien.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 03:14:33 pm »

"Well shit. It appears im in worse shape than i thought." He thought to himself. He then noticed the joy in Adrians eye's. "So i guess my idea of you was correct." He mumbled

"It appears that way Adrian." He replied. "Underestimating the greater demon was a poor choice on my side." He smiled wearily.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 10:17:40 pm »

Sandor grins at Lucien's braggadacio - a surprise to Lucien and Adrian both, they rarely see their master smile.

"Lucien, accept Adrian's kind offer of transport, we must recover. I shall be waiting for you both at the base of the mountain."

The wind picks up as Sandor explodes into a blast of air, leaving the two vampires behind.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up