Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Daniel - Enter Freely, Go Safely  (Read 52926 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel - Enter Freely, Go Safely
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2015, 07:02:34 pm »

Another wolf dies in the ferocious fighting before Daniel reaches them, finding Alpha and another wolf cornered in the room. The gargoyles are not cuaght off guard by Daniel, him being a great, big bear charging at them. They refrain from extending the fight and run away from Daniel before he can hit them, taking off into the air.

Daniel begins to feel frustrated. He has never before dealt with such skirmisher tactics. It's near impossible for him to hit the gargoyles as is. Though the gargoyles cannot touch him either.

They now both hover in the air above him, almost mockingly.

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:25 am »

They can't hit Daniel if they're in the air. He just waits around then, allowing the coterie to recover. It's just become a game of chicken.
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2015, 03:14:04 pm »

Not quite. The gargoyles are perfectly capable of swooping down, punching Daniel in the face, and then going back up. They don't, however, wary of the bear's claws.

The gargoyles make no attempt to attack Daniel. They stay in the air, watching him, their never tiring vampiric muscles working constantly.

Immanis has the injured girl slung over his shoulder, careful to move his bone spines so that they do not stab through her.

"Master Ruthven will be furious when he finds out his woman has been turned. By a Tremere no less," he remarks.

Alpha and her remaining wolf limp over to Daniel and wait.

Click's ruined body lies somewhere in the field beyond.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »

Hoping for a quiet escape, Daniel begins to make his way back to the vovoide. Daniel remains in bear form until the gargoyles are out of site.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:09:48 pm by Drakilian »
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »

Daniel receives no such escape, the gargoyles stay locked on him for a while, until one leaves, flying far to the north. Daniel gets the distinct impression they wanted to be sure of where he was going.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:55 am »

Sourly thinking to himself, No way I'm getting those rejects from down here.

Remaining on guard left the gargoyle attack, Daniel presses on to the vovoide's domain. Anything that trails with him with be the vovoide's problem too. At least they'll be able to return an attack then.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:26 pm »

Daniel returns safely to the vovoide's castle, where he sees the gargoyle fly off in a hurry.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2015, 02:44:28 pm »

Well, shit. I guess he'll find out that gargoyle came all the way here... One way or another.

Daniel returns to his original form and tells Alpha that he can return to where it came from. He continues into the castle.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »

Daniel finds the vovoide waiting for him at the very gate of the castle. He appears furious, though he does not mention the fact that Daniel got over half of the expedition killed, focusing entirely on the girl.

"What have you done?!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2015, 12:06:39 pm »

"I incapacitated her because she was making use of the Thaumaturgy they taught her to make us burst into flames."

*Pause for Effect*

"The warlocks put her through their wicked embrace."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:37 pm »

Relief fills the vovoide's eyes.

"So she is still alive? Perfect. Go to your chambers, I will have need of you tomorrow, and the sun will rise soon enough. Immanis, carry her if you would."

Immanis follows the vovoide inside, carrying the injured woman as he does so.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »

Thank my lucky stars for that...

Daniel does what is asked and heads to his chambers for his day's rest.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2015, 01:16:50 am »

1199, February 13th, 5:30 AM,
Timisoara,
Domain of Vovoide Marcel Ruthven, of the Ruthven Line

Daniel wakes from another night's dreamless sleep. On rising from his coffin he sees Immanis waiting for him, spines and all.

"Good evening master Daniel."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2015, 11:36:32 am »

Daniel stares at the ceiling contemplatively for a moment. He wonders if the gentle joys of existence will ever grace him with a good night's sleep ever again. It must be so easy for Vince and Wilhelm; having humanity. To rule your dreams alive or to rule you actions dead; that's the deal you're given before the embrace.

Stop whining and go have some fun.

You mean suffering? Do I want to be cruel and go make people squeal in pain? I guess I do want that. Time to get up.

Daniel rises from his coffin and calmly smiles at the vovoide's servant. "Did you rest well, Immanis?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »

Immanis blinks.

"Yes, master Cebanu."

Pausing for a second, Immanis continues - "Lord Ruthven wishes to dine with you. His mistress has woken and her wounds have been healed."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2015, 09:30:12 pm »

"As he wishes."

Daniel calmly heads for the dining room and tentatively enters in search of the vovoide.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2015, 11:19:21 pm »

Daniel arrives to find the woman he'd brought back dressed in some rather resplendent finery, sitting calmly at the dining hall table next to the vovoide and sipping from a steamy mug what appears to be fresh blood. It's the same room where Daniel and the vovoide shared the blood of one of the vovoide's ghouls. No conversation can be heard going on between the two, they sit in silence.

Daniel sees a third seat and mug waiting for him on entering the room. He also notes (perhaps with some trepidation) that a fire burns at the corner of the room, a poker resting within the heart of the flames. Finely-woven tapestries decorate the walls.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:21:22 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2015, 09:23:31 am »

This will either end very well or very badly for me.

Daniel quietly takes his seat and takes a sip from the mug given to him.

"Good evening."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2015, 11:40:22 pm »

The vovoide smiles at Daniel's appearance, his hairless face twisting itself into a rather unnatural grin.

"Good evening Daniel. This is Vivienne, I believe the two of you have met, yes?"

He seems almost jovial. The woman still says nothing, and sips at her own mug, both hands wrapped around the cup, thin, pale wrists peeking out from under a heavy shawl - almost as if to ward away the cold.

It's then that Daniel notes the near imperceptible tremble in her hands as she does so.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »

She's his bitch again? Excemplary!

Joining the mood, Daniel gives a cheerful look at Vivienne and replies, "Why, yes! We have met. I believe it was the time when we were rescuing you from those horrid warlocks!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2015, 01:54:56 pm »

The girl's grip tightens on the mug and her hands shake even more violently. Blood spills both onto the table and onto her, a fair amount covering her dress. Daniel sees the look the vovoide gives his blood-soaked bride and cannot help but feel just the slightest bit uncomfortable.

"They... were not horrid."

The vovoide smiles a smile that chills Daniel to the bone. The fire burning a few feet away does nothing to warm the room. There's nothing human in his face.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:19 am »

Probably the wrong approach...

Assuming a neutral demeanor, Daniel replies, "I'll take your word for it."

Looking at the vovoide, Daniel asks, "How has your evening been up until now?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »

"Truly wondrous!" The vovoide exclaims weirdly, his emphasis swinging strangely around the two words.

"Darling love of mine, tell our honoured guest what you were telling me just before he arrived, please!"

The girl's hands keep on shaking. She places her mug down firmly and presses against the table to stop her trembling.

"Please don't do this", she says, almost begging him under her breath.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

This is either going to hurt me or her. No way there's going to be a happy ending.

Daniel politely smiles and lets the chips fall where they may.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2015, 11:05:16 am »

The vovoide's grin stretches even wider, a psychotic look filling his eyes.

"It appears that not only has my darling Vivienne been turned into a foul Warlock, but that she has fallen in love with her sire! She asks me to turn her free!"

The vovoide breaks down into a fit of roaring laughter, as if the idea was too humorous for him to seriously entertain.

Daniel starts at the sight of the blood tears rolling down the woman's cheek.

"Tell me - " the vovoide is interrupted by another fit of mad laughter, " what should I do Daniel?"

He stands ad grabs the Tremere by the hair, lifting her up with startling ease as she cries out in pain.

"Should I set her free?"

He turns his mad eyes onto Daniel and, as if it hadn't before now, it occurs to him to be very, very careful with his answer.

The girl begins mumbling something, it looks like a prayer.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2015, 04:37:09 pm »

Daniel's mouth crooks into a twisted smile to rival the vovoide's.

"She's metamorphosed into... This. However, you know even better than I that flesh is malleable. Despite her change, she's all the same parts. Parts that can be reused to remake her anew."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2015, 07:05:23 pm »

The vovoide's grin does not fade in the least. He does not notice the woman's hand bursts into flame, or notice her hand flying towards his face.

"I see we are in agreement master Cebanu! Yes, we- " the vovoide is cut off as the slap connects and sets his face alight. Daniel never had a chance to warn him.

It occurs to Daniel to never, ever, at all, let practitioners of the magic arts start speaking or mumbling around him. This is what, the third time this has happened?

The vovoide releases the woman and brings his hands to his face, trying to pat out the fire while unleashing a howl of sudden, terrible pain.

The woman glances towards Daniel, disgust briefly present but fading quickly, replaced by a pleading look.

"Please, you have to help me! This monster will not stop at torturing me, one day you will displease him and he will visit the same horrors onto you. Help me kill him, you'll find friends in the Tremere for this! Please!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2015, 09:49:30 am »

Feigning benevolence, Daniel says, "If only that were true. The warlocks were never your friends and you lost the last allies you had in this world when you agreed to love them for their abhorrent witchcraft."

As he says this, he deftly walks towards her while spending two blood points. One to grow Fenrir's Talons and another to buff his dexterity.

He will spend this turn trying to grapple her. If she resists, he'll rend her with his claws.

OOC: I'm a tad rusty with the use of claws. I wrote this under the assumption that it'll take a turn to grow out the claws. If they grow as a free action, then he'll immediately charge her.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »

(OOC: Yep, takes a turn)

The woman recognizes his intentions the second goddamn claws start sprouting from his hands.

She immediately runs for it, Daniel chasing after - only for her to stop by the fireplace, grab the red hot poker that had been resting within, and forcefully making to crush the left half of Daniel's face with a sudden backhanded blow.

Daniel tries to back away but stumbles and accidentally falls forward, right into the path of swinging poker!

Daniel narrowly manages to resist the powerful desire to cry and run brought on by the Red Fear, but he cannot hold back a shuddering gasp of pain after the poker melts through his cheek and part of his jaw.

He is lucky, at least, in that his eye remains unscathed.

The poker sizzling with the blood from Daniel's cheek, the Tremere woman mutters another word of power and touches one of the many hanging tapestries in the room.

Goddamit, not again.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2015, 08:53:56 am »

OOC: Well crap. Disregard the previous post then. I thought the poker got stuck in my face when I tripped.

Same as before, Daniel goes in to try and rip her to shreds. Once again, a blood point into dexterity and a willpower point to improve the aim.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2015, 07:38:40 pm »

The girl tries to run off but Daniel dashes in too quickly for her to get away, eviscerating her with ease. The woman gasps readily in pain but continues trying to run, powering through her injuries and using her hands to try and hold her guts in - dropping the poker as she does so.

She stumbles out of the room - it's then that the vovoide succeeds in putting out the fire - furious, though there is not the slightest hint of fear in his face despite the terrible burns adorning it.

"Where is she?!" he roars.

Daniel himself is finding it harder and harder to resist his fear, he wants nothing more than to run from the overly bright flames.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2015, 11:39:48 am »

Spending another willpower point to resist the Red Fear (If he can; once again, I'm rusty), Daniel turns and shouts back to the Vovoide, "She's made it out of the room but she shouldn't get far on her own."

Then he chases after her to try and beat her into submission.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »

The vovoide begins to rapidly shift, his bones and flesh snapping into a different, more vicious form.

"GO! I will be out soon, my servants shall be out here quickly enough to aid you as well."

Daniel races outside the flaming room room gladly, nagging thoughts of fire painfully licking at his flesh playing around at the back of his mind.

In the hall, he sees the Tremere woman has not made it far, she moves uneasily and with her hand over her gut, trying desperatly to run and hold in what she can of her internal organs.

He sees her get to a door leading out to a balcony, fumbling with blood-slickened hands at the handle. Daniel is at her side before she can do a thing, his clawed hands grasping her by her hair and swinging her into the ground.

Viciously, the Tzimisce starts kicking the helpless woman, trying to completely beat her into submission for future tortures. She cries and begs for mercy and finds none.

Out of the door from which Daniel had come Vovoide Ruthven emerges, his body massively mishappen into a terrible fascimile of humanity, his many muscles bulging, his body covered in bone plates, moving as gracefully as a cat.

A wicked smile graces his face when he sees his former love's position.

The attack is quite unexpected.

There is no warning when the two gargoyles explode through the balcony door, each grabbing Daniel and pushing him down into the ground, dragging him along the stone floor until his back is bloody and worn down to the bone, stopping in front of the Vovoide.

Two imposing men walk in through the ruins of the balcony - one a man whose face lies hidden, wearing dark robes and carrying a large, glowing, rune-inscribed staff, with just the briefest hint of some thick blond beard visible through his hood. The other wears blood-red robes and is adorned by a glowing necklace, prayer beads are lined between his fingers and his pallitude is extreme.

A voice is heard, though it is not one Daniel recognizes - and does not come from the two men. A third, perhaps?

"Vivienne, my love! We're here, get up and run now! Please!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:24:41 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:21 pm »

Spending three blood points on dexterity, Daniel charges the man in dark robes and does what he must to rip off the man's jaw. No tongue, no magical words; right?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

While Daniel tries to clear the distance between him and the man in dark robes, the man taps his staff against the floor and lightning flows out of the staff and into him, charging him into a blindingly bright collection of energy.

Does Daniel reconsider his charge?

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2015, 09:52:20 pm »

Very, very quickly.

Instead, he decides to book it for the halls of the vovoide's castle in search of additional aid in this fight.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2015, 08:28:52 pm »

Abruptly stopping his charge, Daniel turns to run away and get help. He fails to regret his cowardice when he sees the vovoide charge up towards the lightning magus only for the bearded Tremere to flit in front of the horrifying Tzimisce and touch the tip of his staff to the horror, the blast of energy ripping a sizeable hole in the Ruthven's chest.

The sight becomes more unnerving when blood mist starts to flow out from the hole in the vovoide's chest, collecting into three twisting streams that flow toward the man with the prayer beads all the way back. The blood flows into his hands and out of sight within the sleeves of his robes.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:13 am »

Yup; Daniel doesn't give a crap that the vovoide is getting ripped in half. He continues rushing out the door in search of the vovoide's other servants so that he may can throw them into the fight to get massacred.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2015, 12:52:18 pm »

Daniel quickly runs into several many guards which he sends running down the halls after their master before running into Immanis.

"Sir, what's happened? Is the vovoide okay?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:19 pm »

Such delicious ends that could be...

"He won't be if we don't help him. He's in the dining room; go to his aid, Immanis!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2015, 10:14:17 am »

Immanis considers this for a second, "Daniel, go back to help the master, I will send for greater aid. I know this castle and its halls better than you."

Immanis puts his hand on Daniel's shhoulder, carefully avoiding putting bone spines into Daniel's body.

"Let's do what we can sir."

He then takes off running, quickly turning away into a side corridor.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2015, 07:50:01 pm »

Alright.   ::)

Daniel heads back to the fight seen and stealthily peeks into the room to see what's transpired in his absence.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2015, 04:10:34 pm »

On his return Daniel finds himself almost overwhelmed by the lingering scent of charred flesh. Moving carefully into the hall, he sees the remnants of a vicious fight - The two gargoyles have been incapacitated, their wings bent and torn in such a way that he is certain neither will ever fly again, impaled on their own spines and barely able to move. Large sections of the wall are missing, but many bodies surround the area. Mostly, the bodies of the guards that Daniel had sent this way. Some look like dried up husks, they died unpleasant deaths - though it is questionable whether or not their deaths were better or worse than the guards who died from what appear to have been lightning bolts hurled at - and through - their bodies.

Neither the vovoide nor any of the Tremere are currently visible. They cannot be too far away, however - not considering how many of them there were, with two of the gargoyles down the way they are.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2015, 12:12:52 pm »

Daniel investigates the scene, looking for where the vovoide may have gone. He makes sure to be careful as to not attract any attention to himself should he encounter anyone.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2015, 10:36:19 am »

Moving out onto the edge of the torn balcony, Daniel sees a trail of spilled internal organs and some blood - perhaps a trail left by Vivienne, the blood coming from dead guards or the blood mage?

Just then, Daniel hears something approaching from behind him - turning quickly, he sees a small troop of schlatza led by Immanis - who stands upright near Daniel and says:

"Vozhd have been stationned at the gates, there's no way out of here."

Just then, out of the corner of his eye, Daniel sees them! The small group of Tremere are dragging what appears to be the unconscious vovoide into a nearby tower. From what he can see Daniel thinks the lightning mage is limping.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2015, 01:34:08 pm »

"Send the schlatza after the bastards and accompany them for help. I will enter the tower from above and surprise them."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:19:18 am by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2015, 12:22:59 am »

Immanis nods and sets off down the halls with the shlatza, off to go down a safer way.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »

Scary foreshadowing is scary

Daniel spends a blood point to turn into a bird and flies up to one of the open windows of the tower.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2015, 04:19:53 pm »

OOC: Well shit, didn't notice you edited.

Daniel shifts into bird form and flies his way to the top of the tower unmolested. It's empty of any guards, Daniel assumes they went down to fight the Tremere - if there were any here to begin with, that is.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

Daniel returns to human form upon entry. He uses Way of the Spirit to scan around the room for traps and where the closest tremere are; assuming they're close enough.

Finally, if nothing stops him from doing all this, he uses Body Armory to fleshcraft his hand into a battle axe and then sneaks downstairs to get to the enemy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up