Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Daniel - Enter Freely, Go Safely  (Read 53649 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Daniel - Enter Freely, Go Safely
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:40 pm »

1199, February 9th, 11:39 PM,
Mulbach,
Domain of Daniel, Disciple of the Flesh Walrus

Daniel's haven in Muhlbach is based under a tavern now run by his mortal brother Vincent; called the Dancing Walrus, the place provides Daniel with a steady source of victims and a safe hiding place. At the top floor of the tavern Wilhelm has set up his study, where he practices the magicks of the old land.

From within his haven Daniel finds himself disturbed from his work by the sound of a knock at his door.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:36:02 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
  • "We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel - Enter Freely, Go Safely
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 11:41:21 am »

Irritated beyond compare, Daniel stops his research and approaches the door. Before he opens it, he asks, "Who's there?"
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

"A humble petitioner, your most inestimable lordship!" cries out a weak voice from behind the door.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:40:22 pm »

Daniel sighs quietly. Farking kine...

Putting on his best smile, Daniel opens the door and greets the petitioner. Making eye contact, he happily says, "Ho, friend. There's no need to call me 'lord', you know. Relax."

Returning to the matter at hand, Daniel asks, "Now, what may I do for you?"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:42:21 pm by Prince »
Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. I'm fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck and let the hunt begin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:23:43 pm »

Daniel starts on opening the door - what he sees is most definitely not a human. Or if it is, it is a leper in the final stages of his disease.

He stands hunched over, and between his crooked fingers is a letter, which he holds out to Daniel in both hands.

"Oh your greatness, please accept this letter, I beg of you!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:50:09 pm »

Without breaking eye contact or letting go of his smile, Daniel accepts the letter and takes it from the petitioner.

Daniel pleasantly asks, "May you come in, please? I would like to guarantee that I understand the contents of this letter."

He happily adds, "I can have my brother fetch us some drinks."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »

"No, no, you must read the letter now, the master needs you to read the letter!" the thing screeches while holding it's hands together in a pleading gesture.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

As stated previously, Daniel maintains eye contact and continues smiling nicely; but his eyes become cold. "I'll read your letter, but I would grateful if you remained where you're standing while I read it."

As he takes the letter from the petitioner's hand, he says, "To make sure I understand it, of course."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »

"Yes, yes of course!" the poor wretch says, practically grovelling as he does so.

Good Evening,

I trust my messenger has reached you safely, you were referred to me by the inestimable Count Radu; your skill in assembling a fortress in the Tihuta pass after being raided by the hunter Mitruu and under constant attack by the vovoide Mirca is, to say the very least, a very impressive feat.

I should like to see your vaunted capability firsthand, as I have a most perplexing problem that needs rather quick solving. I trust in your abilities and willingness to help a fellow ruler in whose domain your city lies.

Fair recompense for services will, of course, be awarded - I do hope you will consider my offer.

May your travel be swift,
Vovoide Ruthven

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »

"Hm."

This is interesting. This was probably the respectful was of saying that he'll uproot my from my princedom if I don't help him. He's older than me, so I'll have to play along with this dog-fetches-stick game this vovoide has going.

Looking up at the vovoide's servant, Daniel asks, "What can you tell me about Vovoide Ruthven? Be honest. Also, would you like that drink now?"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:38:55 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 03:41:13 pm »

The way the Nosferatu flinches at Ruthven's name tells Daniel everything he needs to know about the vovoide.

"No, no, we must go to the master! Swift he said, I have the horses!"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 03:44:05 pm »

Reassuringly, Daniel says, "Alright. May I fetch my brothers and a gift for your master before we leave? I promise that it will only take a moment."

"I'll even put in a good word for you." Daniel says with a wink.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »

Vladislav hesitates - "Y- Yes, I'll be waiting outside. Please, hurry there!"

The wretch goes upstairs - his body changing into a more presentable facade of a mortal being as he does so.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 03:56:53 pm »

Daniel quickly shuts his door and begins putting away his works; he's careful to make sure that they're well hidden inside his rooms. (OOC: Let's say under the floorboards.)

Next, he goes upstairs and approaches Vince, "I've been summoned by someone very important. The kind of important that get's us killed if we don't comply. You're going to have to temporarily close your tavern for while we're gone." Daniel makes eye contact and gives a brotherly smile, "You're my sibling and I'm going to need your help with this. There are horses waiting for us outside and our needs will be tended to once we leave. Be ready in a few minutes."

"Also, grab an unopened bottle of something nice. I said that I'd get him a gift."

If nothing stops Daniel from continuing after talking to Vince, Daniel moves on.

Finally, Daniel goes to the top floor and approaches Wilhelm. "We've been summoned by a vovoide. Since our territory is in his domain, we have to take him seriously. Conclude your matters and come with me. There are horses outside that are waiting for us. Let's go." Since the top floor is private, Daniel's use of the word "vovoide" has hopefully gotten Wilhelm's attention. "I'm sorry that this is interrupting your studies, truly, I am."

If nothing stops Daniel form continuing after talking to Wilhelm, Daniel heads outside with his brothers and tells Vladislav, "Pardon my tardiness, friend. We're ready to go."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:58:47 pm by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 04:00:28 pm »

Wilhelm speaks after Daniel is done talking - "Brother, your city is kept together very tenuously - you can keep me or Vincent here, but if you abandon it as you intend to while you go off to do Ruthven's will then your young position could be all too easily usurped."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 04:06:32 pm »

Daniel stops for a moment, contemplating if this is just an excuse to continue researching. Then he understands that he isn't full of it.

"Fine then, I'll trust you and Vince to stay here. If things go well, I may give you something in return that could be worth while. Just don't let anything go wrong."

Before he leaves Wilhelm's room, Daniel adds, "And be wary around that malkavian I met in this place. If he ever confronts you or if you ever need him, just talk about how everything is for the glory of the mighty flesh-walrus... Don't ask; just do it."

Upon returning downstairs, Daniel tells Vince, "I'm really sorry, Vince. I didn't mean to panic you with that. You and Wilhelm will maintain this place while I'm gone. Also, did you get a bottle yet?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »

Wilhelm nods, accepting Daniel's judgement.

Downstairs with Vincent - "Ah, sure brother. But - wouldn't the guy just be insulted if he got a bottle of nice wine he'd never be able to drink or enjoy?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 04:13:34 pm »

Daniel says, "Fine."

He heads off to the horses where the messenger waits. Time to go.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:34:50 pm by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 05:58:14 pm »

1199, February 12th, 5:30 AM,
Timisoara,
Domain of Vovoide Marcel Ruthven, of the Ruthven Line

The journey by horseback had taken three nights of constant riding, easy for Daniel and Vladislav to keep up - the horses not so much. They'd stayed in pleasantly atmospheric taverns and waystations on the way to the vovoide's domain and found they had no issue in getting to the area.

As they arrive at the vovoide's lodging, Daniel notes how late it is in the evening - he estimates perhaps an hour left before sunrise, if even that. Whatever happens here, he will be forced to rely on the mercy hospitality of his host.

Timisoara is a sparsely populated city located in what is seemingly the middle of nowhere within the Transylvanian region - such a small settlement would be easily dominated by a strong vampire. The gates of the castle built within the city are protected by a small moat, from within Daniel believes he spots... something moving. Best not linger too long on what said thing is.

At Vladislav's call the portcullis is raised, the drawbridge lowered and the gates thrown open. Coming ahead of a pair of flanking guards is an inhumanly tall and slender old man with not a bit of hair on his (visible) body; he wears long, white robes and speaks with a low, booming that belies his stature.

"Welcome to my domain. Enter freely, go safely, and leave something of the happiness that you bring."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 06:57:03 pm »

Daniel smiles, "Well met."

Daniel disembarks his horse and approaches Ruthven. "It's truly a pleasure to be here. Now, are matters that we should discuss?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »

The vovoide waves the matter aside.

"Nonsense, that can wait for tomorrow. Let me show you around the estate - Vladislav, put away the horses. You must be thirsty after your trip, yes?"

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »

Daniel chuckles, "After a three-day trip, anyone would be thirsty. I would be concerned about Vladislav, however. For the entirety of the trip, he's been restless."

Becoming serious, "Enough of that. Please, show me your magnificent estate."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »

The vovoide takes Daniel to a dining hall decorated with several weakly lit torches and a fine, dim chandelier. He asks Daniel to take a seat while he takes his place at the head.

While the two discuss current events a Slav is brought into the room, he struggles briefly against his guard but Marcel forces him into submission with a quick word. The weak-willed man steps forward willingly now, and bends down over the table. As he does so, he asks Daniel a question:

"Tell me Daniel, what course do you intend to take with Muhlbach?"

Never stopping conversation with Daniel, vovoide Ruthven has two goblets brought in. He cuts the man's throat personally.

Daniel might be a bit thrown off - at the very least, the vovoide was clearly much more eccentric than usual, even for the Tzimisce. To kill the prey in front of the guests was odd, to say the least. He notes that the man still looks at him expectantly - though whether to drink or answer his question is an unsurety.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:08:27 pm by Drakilian »

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 07:23:56 am »

Dodging the question, Daniel replies, "I will take whichever course of action that would be best for us, of course."

Explaining, he says, "My territory is in your domain. It's only logical that I keep our best interests in mind, regardless of the context."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:58:25 pm by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 03:06:50 pm »

"Yes, yes of course."

The Vovoide drinks from his goblet, looking expectantly at Daniel as he does so.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 04:29:14 pm »

Daniel laments, "Power is vital; but in a world like ours, the cultures aren't ready, organizations would not allow and I am not prepared to seize it."

Continuing on, "For now, I am establishing my influence in Muhlbach and gathering political strength. When the world reveals a vulnerability, I will be certain to take economic control."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »

The vovoide's eyes flick briefly down to Daniel's untouched Goblet.

The Gangrel realizes the vovoide was gracefully showing him his error in not drinking of his offered hospitality.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »

Sigh

I was hoping that I'd get away with it.

Daniel picks up the chalice of blood, understanding what the vovoide expects from him. "It is safe to assume that this attainment of power would be of mutual benefit and that we should treat this possibility well."

He raises his glass, "To a future that is bright as it is dark."

Daniel sips from the glass quite visibly and drains the glass of its contents in mere moments. He takes advantage of Sanguinary Expulsion to keep any potential Blood Bond attempts at bay; he puts his willpower into it just to drive his attempt home.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 07:04:45 pm »

OOC: He cut the man's throat literally right in front of you, it was literally impossible for him to slip his blood into the goblet without you noticing XD

BIC:

"And to a land as tame as it is wild."

The vovoide says, raising his own.

In truth, Daniel notes that the vovoide doesn't care much for his plans for Muhlbach - a good thing, perhaps, that the man is so lax; though he is more than willing to show Daniel around the rest of the sparse castle.

As Daniel begins to feel the weight of the sun's compulsion press down on his mind the vovoide leads him to a dark room that holds a series of coffins; Daniel assumes the guest room.

"It has been a pleasure entertaining you Daniel, but I fear we both need rest."

The first crowing of the cock is heard outside.

"A simple warning - be careful around my grounds, the area is patrolled by packs of dangerous, feral wolves. Good day."

The vovoide then promptly vanishes into a cloud of mist.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 08:21:12 pm »

OOC: Whoops. I figured that feeding from someone's ghoul can start a blood bond. :P

BIC: Before he goes to sleep, Daniel looks around the room. He's always had a fear that when he goes to sleep, a piece of furniture may actually be alive and watching (Or... *Shudder* Touching) him. Call it a Vicissitude quirk. On the off chance he finds something, he'll remove it from the room or, even better... Alter it.

When he realistically finds nothing, he'll take advantage of the coffin that was provided by the vovoide. As he falls asleep, he'll reflect upon the situation he's just gotten himself into.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 01:45:26 pm »

1199, February 13th, 12:30 PM,
Timisoara,
Domain of Vovoide Marcel Ruthven, of the Ruthven Line

Daniel sits at the dining room table again. He woke cleanly from his rest and was soon visited by a servant instructing him to visit the dining room.

Since then Daniel was joined by Marcel Ruthven, who, in between sips of blood from provided goblets, has been regaling him with tales of the the dangers the local Tremere have posed him in the past few years.

"The Warlocks! Usurpers, what have you, the proud fools constantly attack me, defy me, raid me. They kill my men, they burn my houses, they steal my gold; soon they might even come for you, the demons have developed a taste for Gangrel blood. I had a guard, five years ago, and their spies took his very soul, the foul creatures.

But now, now they have wronged me further than they ever could have in the past. A young love of mine, a divine being whose beauty rivals that of the sun's, and who blinds me with it all the same, has been taken by their flying beasts, their amalgamations of vampiric flesh and blood, formed by your people and mine; the Gargoyles."

The vovoide pauses to take another sip of his goblet.

"They will suffer greatly for their errors, indeed, I have found them. A small, renegade chantry lies hidden in the nearby hills, I lie not when I say my lupine servants have picked up the scent of my love from there.

I dread what the monsters might do to her, they have no debasement they are unwilling to lower themselves with, they are all damned for the sins of their founder, who took the life and soul of Saulot.

Saulot the Virtuous, Saulot the Dragon, Saulot the Warlord.

The kindest of Caine's childer, do you remember his stories? The great lord who founded the clan of healers, who are bound by compassion and love for life, the terrible warrior who would create the warrior Salubri, among those most feared of Caine's warriors.

He who saved the world from the Baali and their demonic masters, he whose childe Samiel struck down the Baali fortress of Chorazhin. He who sought Golconda - bliss, purity of being, peace. He who perhaps alone among the gods, asked for forgiveness for his sins.

The monster Tremere, they found his lone crypt where he slept his ancient sleep, and they sang their greedy fangs into his neck. As gentle as he was, as tired of war as he was, he did not fight back, and so Saulot died. Now they try to slander his clan's name; they make to kill all his childer, his great grandchilder and their childer and then theirs. They wish to hide their shame."

Ruthven downs his goblet and stands.

"Come with me, I have to show you something."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:51 pm »

After intently listening to this piece of history, Daniel nods. "Show me then."

He goes with the vovoide.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:27:25 am by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:42 pm »

The vovoide leads Daniel to an opulent room, pleasantly decorated with the elder's banners and crests hanging from the damp stone walls.

Strapped to a stone table in the luxurious room is a dark haired man who curses the vovoide when Daniel comes in.

"You filthy artless dog! You'll burn in the hell of your own making for this, He will come for you, and He will bu-"

The vovoide reaches the man and passes his hand over his mouth, fusing the prisonner's lips together.

A panicked look envelops the prisonner's eyes as he continues shouting muffled obscenities at the Tzimisce.

"This is a member of the renegade chantry, I caught him lurking about outside my castle - no doubt one of the foul Warlocks' spies. He is yours."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2015, 10:50:43 pm »

Daniel only answers the vovoide with a malicious gleam in his eye. He steadily approaches the Tremere with a dark look in his eyes.

A smile.

Daniel bites the Tremere's neck and messily rips out the man's throat allowing blood to spew everywhere. After spitting out the brutalized esophagus, Daniel begins calmly draining the man's remaining blood through an artery in his forearm.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 06:01:01 pm »

The Tremere jerks and struggles, helplessly, he tries to scream words through his fused mouth

A hearty laugh enters Daniel's mind.

Even more bloodthirsty than advertised! Wonderful, truly, thank you for your enthusiasm. But it seems he wishes to say something, perhaps give information in exchange for his life. Pretend you will grant it to him.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 07:06:30 am »

Nah.

Then he remembers that this is a vovoide. Whoops; better listen.

Alright... Daniel approaches the prisoner and makes an open, circular wound around one of the man's wrists using his blade. With his main hand, Daniel grabs hold of the man's sliced hand and begins trying to crunch fingers in his palm and twist the bones of the main's hand around.

He leans over to the man and whispers, "I've never been very good at torture... But I'm sure that I can get creative if I was inspired."

He slides his hand over the man's mouth and unseals it.

"Say something we want to hear and we can skip all this so you may go home. I have errands to attend to and it would be unwise if you wasted our time."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 09:26:22 pm »

"Gah!'

The Tremere gasps in pain as his palm is crushed in Daniel's flesh-moulding grip.

With fury in his eyes, he growls out yet another insult:

"Fe.. feast on the blood of whores..."

Hahahahahaha, how spirited!

There is a nerve that runs down the brain, over the eye and into the ear, called the trigeminal nerve. It is highly susceptible to pain. Perhaps you should teach him just how much so - after you have your own fun with him, of course.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 12:11:32 pm »

Noted

Just messing with one nerve isn't messy enough, I'll use that last.

Maliciously, Daniel says, "Whores, eh? You must see yourself as higher than that. Let us see..." As he says this, Daniel messily removes the man's genitals.

Stepping away from the minor gore, Daniel thinks that he can do more with this. Feigning niceness, he says, "You should close your eyes for what comes next." Immediately, he removes the man's eyes. "Now then, let's begin."

Daniel does many things; he rips out all the man's nails, he cuts blood vessels in numerous places (And even cuts the man's hamstrings) and he even shatters the man's kneecaps.

Locating the nerve, Daniel places the tip of his blade onto it; prodding around just to make sure he's found it. Then he asks, "Words are stronger than anything. Your tongue is intact; use it to save yourself."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2015, 01:31:36 pm »

The Tremere gasps, a defiant look in his eye. For a second it seems as if he's just going to spout curses - but he stops before doing so.

Closing his eyes, he whispers in a very low tone - "Help me escape, please. You don't have to do this, we'll reward you well when all is said and done."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »

With the tip of his dagger, Daniel pierces the tremere's skin and prods the nerve that the vovoide had mentioned. After an adequate amount of screaming to Daniel's fiendish delight, he stops for a moment.

"Try again."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 01:44:22 pm »

Grimacing, the warlock replies, panting in some mimickry of human pain - "The chantry is poorly defended..."

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 11:32:17 pm »

Removing his blade from the nerve, Daniel says, "See? It didn't take very much to make the pain stop."

Patching up the man's severed esophagus (which was torn out earlier), Daniel coaxes the man to continue his betrayal, "I can make the pain go away; bring you back to some semblance to what you were some time ago. All you need to do is talk some more."

To induce fear, Daniel traces the man's nerve with his blade, "You know, about the things I like."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 11:29:38 pm »

The mage mumbles something, too low for Daniel to hear.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 03:43:52 pm »

Daniel pokes the nerve in a quick jab. "Come again?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 04:50:59 pm »

The man's eyes shoot open, they flare slightly with some power - the only warning Daniel gets.

"I said burn."

The room is suddenly engulfed in eldritch flames, the magic bursting from out of the Tremere's body. Daniel feels hot pain overpower his senses as his flesh melts in face of the blast.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:00 am »

Well, shit.

That is the only thought that crosses Daniel's mind as he bails for the exit. He assumes that the vovoide can handle itself for now. Focusing entirely on escaping with his flesh still on his face, Daniel also spends the necessary blood to activate automatic Fortitude Successes for every turn it takes for him to escape the room.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:20:03 pm by Prince »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:02 pm »

Desperately making his way out of the room, Daniel is immediately splashed with a tremendous amount of water the second he finds his way out of the burning chamber. The vovoide waits for him on the otherside, some small number of burns showing on his body.

"Disgusting creatures." He says, sneering into the inferno. As Daniel watches, two guards come by and begin throwing water down to keep the fire at way, while the vovoide starts to walk away, gesturing for Daniel to follow.

It strikes Daniel that the room went up very easily - admittedly, the Tremere used some sort of eldritch fire, but it was covered in cloth and drappings and other easily ignitable things. Had the Tremere been free, he might have actually succeeded in escaping.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »

"Fortunate timing on your part, my thanks for that." Wiping the water off himself, Daniel adds, "I wish I could have had more time with him; to enjoy myself at the very least."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 10:22:31 pm »

The vovoide passes through a side door that leads into a winding stairway going upstairs. Whilst following him Daniel hears the vovoide's reply - "A shame, truly, but you shall have as many Warlocks as you desire when you bring down their chantry."

The stairway opens up onto the walls of the vovoide's castle.

The vovoide shouts a command down the moat - and Daniel sees several creatures begin to slide out of the water, only after he sees the damp paths they leave in the water does he recognize them as water elementals. The vovoide no doubt will use them to quench the fire in the castle - though it might take the elementals some time to get there.

Prince

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »

"While we wait for the disturbance the warlock caused to be quenched, I'll tell you what he revealed to me."

Hoping to any god thee may be that this information is relevant to this guy, Daniel explains, "The chantry from which the Tremere came is poorly defended. He did not say why or gift any more than that. What do you make of this?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up