Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lucien - Lure of the Land  (Read 25180 times)

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
Re: Lucien - Lure of the Land
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 01:45:31 pm »

Lucien takes Sandor smile as a sign that he is indeed his sire's favorite. He is positvely beaming of pride when Sandor takes his leave.

"Does it come with massage?" He jests before saying "I will gladly accept your aid."

"On a different topic, would you know if any twins reside in shaasburg?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2015, 01:04:21 pm »

"If you so wish."

Even Adrian appears to be in relatively good humours - despite Lucien, a successful Kupala's night was a reason for happiness no matter the situation.

"I am unsure, I don't particularly consider it to be a relevant note of information. Why, do you require twins for some reason?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2015, 03:28:33 pm »

"I find twins to be a curiosity." Lucien replied . "I want to know how they are so similar, think so alike. I wish to have them for research mostly " he replied with a smile.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2015, 06:25:47 pm »

Adrian shrugs.

"Then make them. Sculpt them from birth, twins usually change appearance as the years pass anyway, if you change them from birth and raise them you might make yourself an interesting pair. We live forever, we have time, lord Lucien."

Adrian pauses for a second.

"Have you heard of the incident that had come to pass between a powerful malkavian lord and the elders of England?"

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2015, 06:58:04 pm »

Lucien asks the voice in his head if he had indeed heard of   it.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2015, 07:04:07 pm »

Lucien forgets the name, but he remembers Sandor mentioning some surprisingly innovative ghoul-work by a makavian elder, a group of extremely dangerous hunters.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2015, 01:49:00 am »

"I know only little of it. Some innovative crafting on some ghouls if my memory does not fail me, but please do share what you have heard though" Lucien replies with a smight hint of curiosity in his voice.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2015, 07:57:09 pm »

Adrian nods, looking off into the distance as his elementals carry the two down the slopping, winding mountain paths.

"Don't have too much information, the only reason Sandor knows is because he worked briefly alongside the malkavian to create the ghouls. The London vampire populations has taken to calling them Daylighters."

Adrian absent-mindedly reaches down and lets his left hand sink into his water elemental, bringing it back out with a small amount of water still clinging to his flesh.

"He started out with ten human infants. With our lord's help he paired 5 of them up with the other five, five pairs of two infants. From birth they were raised and fleshcrafted to have identical personalities, skills, drives, motivations, thoughts, emotions. Twins in every sense of the word, save for one exception. They were taught that they were each two sides of the same coin. One was meant for the darkness, the other for the light."

Bringing the water to his waist, Adrian begins twirling his right index finger over his hand. The water all collects itself in his palm, coalescing into a small puddle.

"They were taught the trade and techniques of hunters. To kill the supernatural, to hunt other vampires down working in perfect harmony."

He begins moving his other fingers, as if pulling at little puppet strings. The water in his palms begins to quiver, and a figure starts to rise from the miniature pool of water.

"Then came the day of their "graduation". The day they would become true hunters. That day, the dark ones were turned. Each and every single one of them, given the embrace."

No, not just one figure - two women, one with a vicious smile that shows of fangs, the other bearing a stake.

"The purpose of the experiment was as much a matter of psychological warfare as it was about creating an effective set of weapons. The result was a group of highly trained hunters who thought with one mind, who could operate constantly throughout the night and the day - while also making it appear as if a group of 5 dangerous vampires had found some way to walk out into the sun's grasp without any fear whatsoever. They terrorized London."

A third figure rises from the puddle, a man with an almost wild look in his eyes.

"They were perfect weapons. That is, until they killed their master."

The two women strike at the man and his figure bursts into a fine spray of mist.

"It seemed that their devotion to each other far outdid the devotion they felt towards their creator. Their own mental conditioning turned them against the bond."

The mist from the dead man seems to coalesce around the two women, and they grow larger.

"They began to hunt indiscriminately. They were eventually killed, but they destroyed a good number of vampires before death claimed them. Of that number included one of our Lord's rivals, whose death Sandor was guaranteed in exchange for his aid in the matter."

The two women melt back into the puddle, and it slips from Adrian's hand, merging back with the elemental.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:28:02 pm by Drakilian »

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2015, 11:17:13 am »

Lucien thinks hard on whom had earned his sires ire.

"So that is why you suggeted i make my own twins." Lucien jests with obvious fake anger.

"On a side note, that is very similar to what i had in mind for the twins. I will rethink it and make adjustments." He said after a few moments of thinking.

"Daylighters, huh." He mumbled. "I know there are a moral lesson to be learned here." He smiled.

"Lets spend some time getting to know one another when we get back home if you want to ofcourse." He tried to smile as genuinely as possible.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:10 pm »

"I just bring it up as a cautionary tale, of course." Adrian says in polite response to Lucien's jest.

He doesn't quite reply to Lucien's last statement - simply nodding in an "of course, my lord" sort of way. Cold, but not quite cold enough to dispel the happiness of their recent victory.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2015, 03:17:57 pm »

"Clever man." Lucien thinks to himself in response to his noncommital nod. "If you will not humor me, perhaps your childer will." He smiled happily at his thoughts. He makes a mental note to learn all that he could about the malkavians experiment.

"Then all is well."  He says before making pleasant conversation down the mountain.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:15 am »

Arriving at the base, where their servants would be waiting for them, Sandor waits, looking somewhat concerned.

Soon, Lucien sees why. Many of the fleshcrafted servants have been brutally killed, he even sees a Vozhd has been ripped to pieces, its body having been flung around almost like a toy.

Adrian looks around frantically for his childer, before sighing in relief once he finds that his childe is still alive.

"What happened here my lord?" He asks.

"From the few surviving servants' accounts, it appears we miscalculated the distance necessary to keep the servants away from the Kupala. Three broke through our Ritual summoning and possessed bodies. From the accounts, a greater Kupala possessed Barabus while two normal Kupala possessed other servants. The Vozhd could not be possessed due to its unique qualities but it was destroyed nonetheless, though it seems it managed to destroy the two lesser Kupala. Barabus, however, has escaped."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

"Then all is not well." Lucien says qietly. "This is grave news indeed."

Lucien walks up to Sandor "what should we do now sire?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »

Sandor shrugs.

"I sent some elementals after it, they will likely fail to kill or capture the beast but I believe they will drive him from our lands. From there on out it is the trouble of another lord or vovoide to deal with."

His face hardens.

"We have done our part."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2015, 10:52:11 pm »

"He was but a glorified tortured trofee anyway, i feel no great loss." Lucien replied with a slight hint of worry in his voice. For indeed he worried that should Barabus survive he would without a doubt come back for him.

"Though i fear should he survive the demon he will come back for me. But i doubt that." He shrugged it off. "But enough of this, let us celebrate our victory."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2015, 11:19:18 pm »

Sandor waves off Lucien's worry.

"Let him come, there is only so much a mortal can do, even one blessed by our touch."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »

"Yeah i guess." Lucien shrugs it off.

"Just you wait Barabus... there wont be anything in this world to save you from the pain thats coming for you..." he thinks to himself with a vicious grin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2015, 09:25:28 pm »

Lucien returns to his sire's city, where he spends a cursory few days recovering before leaving for Shaasburg with Adrian.

All the way home, he feels some vague unease. He had no doubt in his superiority over the hound, but perhaps...

---

Kill the Master, Kill the Shaper, Kill the Knight

The thought felt like the only part of Barabus' psyche that hadn't been shattered in the possession. His will, his life, his intelligence - all gone in the blink of an eye as the greater essence of an ancient corruptive power seized hold of his mind and wore his body like a suit of skin. Only the seething, absolute hatred persisted, growing as the only directive left to the dread hound. He felt himself going mad.

He sometimes got the impression the demon liked him. On occasion it would speak to him, almost as if bored. Complimented his body, his unusually intelligent mind. It hadn't thought him a human when it possessed him, of course. More importantly however...

"Grrrrraaaaagh!"

Barabus lifts his clawed hands off the ashes of the dead fire elemental and raises them to his head as he would had he still been human, standing awkwardly on his two legs.

Lead me to them Barabus. I will help you. Even should you fall, a thousand others will take your place.

The demon spoke with a sort of childlike joy, it was almost more unnerving than the imagined speech of demons.

So happy... He cannot normally hunt these vampires, otherwise he would have done it himself long ago. I wonder what about me is so special, that I can lead him into the cities?

Barabus slowly puts his hands back down. He shakes himself briefly, to scatter the ashes that had clung to his fur.

No matter. They shall die all the same.

End Sidequest
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:13:16 pm by Drakilian »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up