Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beast Unbound - Kiril  (Read 28760 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: The Beast Unbound
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2015, 08:56:25 pm »

The captain hangs limp by the tendrils that Kiril still restrains him by, pure shock on his face. He looks at Kiril, swallows, and does not reply.

The slight tremble of his hand gives Kiril all the answer he needs, of course.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:06:20 am by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

Kiril releases the captain, allowing the tendrils to deposit him gently on the seat of the carriage.
"I hope you'll consider my offer."
He conceals the tendrils beneath his clothes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:41:58 pm by Sethaniel »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2015, 09:30:50 pm »

Elias' hands retreat to his laps, where he squeezes his own legs near the knee as hard as he can.

"You... still haven't explained what that offer is."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2015, 09:48:03 pm »

"If you thought that was pleasurable, drinking my blood will be even better.
My blood will give you power, make you stronger, keep you young forever.
In return, you'll serve me.  I expect you'll most likely continue your everyday life as guard captain for now.  But, if you want to travel with us, that's fine."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2015, 11:55:29 pm »

"What else?" The captain asks.

"You don't get immortality like that without one hell of a price to pay."

Of course, there are prices to pay. The Beast, eternal slavery and love to the holder of the bond, a dependency on The Blood. Everything has a price.

Nothing compared to what Kiril has to pay, of course.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2015, 10:08:22 am »

"Like I mentioned, you'll be my servant. My blood will be a very pleasurable addiction for you.
You'll be happy serving me, the blood ensures it. Should you ever leave my service-- that is, stop drinking my blood on a regular basis-- you'll rapidly and horribly become your true age, which will most likely result in death."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2015, 01:57:08 pm »

"So, what you're saying is, I get to be your slave for all of eternity, the fear of horrific death always hanging at the back of my mind?"

Elias takes a deep, shuddering breath.

"Thanks.. but -" Elias seems to think a second before finishing his sentence.

"I'll consider your offer."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2015, 04:54:20 pm »

"Suit yourself."  Kiril indicates the man should get out of the carriage now.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »

Elias staggers out, still somewhat disoriented, and gets on his horse.

From his carriage Kiril sees him take off a heavy gauntlet and put a bare hand to his neck where the nobleman had bitten him.

The door closes then. Is there anything else Kiril should like to do on the way to faraway village?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 04:30:33 pm »

Not really.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2015, 07:47:33 pm »

1199, March 14th, 2:16 AM
Outskirts of Sofia, at the base of mount Vitosha.
Domain of Kiril, the Anointed

The stench is unbearable.

Approaching their destination Carinus had been the first to note it, distastefully pulling out a silk kerchief and putting it to his nose, perhaps thinking it to only be a brief wave - but the smell has persisted with a terrible relentlessness, only getting worse as the vampire lord's caravan approaches what's left of the mountain village.

The howls of wolves and other scavengers had set the men on edge as they drew closer to Aleko, and Sherazhina appears to be uncomfortable. At one point she mutters something about "Weak-willed fools", just loud enough for the men to hear and straighten their backs out to stop cowering.

Amazing what an effect a beautiful woman can have on a man's courage.

Elias knocks on Kiril's caravan door before the group reaches the village.

"Sir?"

The two haven't spoken since the other day.

Within Kiril's mind Husayn stirs at the stench of death that hangs so heavily in the air. A sense of malaise springs forth from the assassin.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:47:28 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »

"What is it?"

Kiril is feeling more than a little malaise himself.  Nothing ever feels right any more.  Not since Basilio left.  Nothing proceeds according to plan.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

"I think we should move with more caution. The smell out here alone is warning enough that something real Farking bad's happened out here, I'd like to be prepared for when whatever it is ends up jumping us."

Elias avoids Kiril's gaze as he speaks.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2015, 09:11:08 pm »

"You are the captain, do as you see fit."  Kiril allows himself to sound a bit annoyed with Elias.  "What precisely do you think you can do in order to be prepared for whatever caused this?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2015, 07:52:05 pm »

"We haven't seen what's been caused yet, sir," the captain replies uneasily. Kiril readily understands what the captain really means - "I don't know, but I can't do nothing."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2015, 01:49:39 pm »

"If it's the Tzimisce, they'll have sewn the bodies together, into grotesque horrors.  If the villagers were lucky, they might have even killed them first.   You should try and prepare your men to witness an exceptionally disgusting sight."
Kiril considers.  "If they're like you, they'll be able to handle it."

He summons dark steel around himself and activates aura sight.  "The best advice I can give you is to protect your men and stay out of my way. 

Would you be averse to providing a bit more of your blood?  If not yourself, perhaps another of your men?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »

The captain looks displeased at Kiril's request.

"My men would try to kill you if you had them "provide" you blood. Probably think the only reason you brought us here was to kill us all. I'm still feeling a bit woozy from what you took last time. What about those two lovers, the educated man and the noblewoman? Can't they provide you with sustenance?"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:20:19 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2015, 10:34:40 pm »

"Carinus and Sherazhina?  Why do you call them lovers?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2015, 04:34:17 pm »

Elias shrugs,

"The way the woman looks at him, it's like a hungry wolf. Wants to sink her teeth into him. Or, if that's not the most appropriate example for you, well, one of my men said earlier yesterday that the way she looks at the educated man's the way she looks at him when he's having a real pleasant dream, if you catch my drift.

He's got one hell of a game face though, I'd hate to play Septica with him. Doesn't let up a thing. Not a chance he'd resist a woman like that's, ah, "charms", though."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:27 pm »

"I'm not sure she's his type."

Kiril has always felt that what Carinus does with his free time is his own business, so long as it doesn't require Kiril's attention.

However, If Sherazhina so openly lusts after Carinus, he's a bit perturbed he failed to notice that himself.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2015, 05:53:26 pm »

It could, just possibly, be that the gruff, sex-starved soldiers just slightly overstated Sherazhina's open lusts. Or it could be that Sherazhina feels some need to keep any desire hidden from Kiril.

It's doubtful that the soldiers are wrong though, ghoul and revenant blood coursing through her would likely greatly increase whatever "drive" Sherazhina has.

Kiril might briefly wonder if Carinus' "drives" were also increased - of course, with him having drastically different "drives".

"Ah, he's that type is he? Thought I saw him looking strangely at some of the boys earlier. Good to know, I guess."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »

"It doesn't matter," Kiril shrugs.  "I was just trying to give you something to do."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2015, 06:24:42 pm »

The captain bristles slightly at the condescending comment.

"Then i'll be off doing something, sir."

The captain leaves Kiril's wagon to help rally the men, particularly in warning them of when they might see and assuring them that "the nobleman's got the situation down pat.

Is there anything else Kiril should wish to do before entering the desecrated village?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:09:12 am by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »

Kiril makes a mental note to speak with Carinus at a more appropriate time, and prepares to enter the village.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:25:27 pm by Drakilian »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2015, 07:06:55 pm »

Spending some small amount of blood to summon 3 Dark Steel Tendrils into his clothes for protection, Kiril exits his carriage and makes his way on foot along with his two servants and the rest of his guard. Elias has the men surround him, weapons out, armor on, shields up.

He orders the group to move slowly and warily. Of course, the mortal guards' senses are no match for Kiril's own, and with the Lasombra on constant alert it would be extremely difficult for something to sneak up on them.

The village smells about as bad as expected, however, and Kiril's amplified senses do very, very little to make the task easier for him. He finds himself as often distracted by it as he finds it helping him survey the area. The temptation to close off his senses from the stench of rotting shit and flesh is almost irresistible.

Carinus proffers a scented handkerchief to Kiril, he already holds one to his own nose, Sherazhina holds one to hers as well.

"There has been a good deal of death here, Kiril," Carinus says.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 03:05:44 pm »

Kiril takes the handkerchief.  He briefly considers saying something sarcastic in response to Carinus's statement of the blindingly obvious, but refrains.   A gentleman does not insult his servant. Friend. Companion. Whatever Carinus is.

"I suppose we can only hope Whatever caused this is still somewhere nearby."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 04:16:40 pm »

"Most men would wish otherwise," Carinus states with an eyebrow raised.

"I know I do. Quiet down now, our talking'll cover the sound of whatever might be here," Elias commands, his eyes constantly running to every shadow and every nook where anything might be hidden in the near vicinity.

Sherazhina stays close to Kiril and Carinus, not making a sound.

The group keeps on moving through the village. Kiril finds that Carinus' kerchief helps but is inadequate - it quite literally smells like something here has rubbed shit into every single crevice large enough to accept it in the area (and then opened up new crevices when old ones did not suffice). He'd almost dub the reek supernatural, if given the opportunity.

Soon, they reach the village square.

As the group makes the turn, the guards ahead of the nobleman and his retainers, Kiril sees one of the guard's faces go white before he breaks the formation, charging ahead and running into the unknown.

Elias moves aside, looking like he's about to speak himself - only to go white in the face, his unshouted command dying in his throat.

He just murmurs something to himself instead. Kiril's ears are astute enough to pick them up, however.

"God, why?

Gerald... he has a little brother in this village, doesn't he? Why would you show him this?"

Kiril makes the turn.

Hundreds of bodies fill square. Men, women children - the entire population of the village - all hang in the air naked at various heights, impaled on their own spines.

Some bear the marks of fighting, but it is clear that they spent their final moments paralyzed, bleeding to death from the exit point of the spine (which appears to be the anus).

Sherazhina looks away. Carinus looks on fascinated. Elias mutters a prayer, as do the other guards here.

Gerald keeps on running, trying so desperately to search for a face he hoped wasn't there.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:28:54 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 07:52:34 pm »

"what's the point?" Kiril says quietly to Carinus.  "How much time did someone spend setting up this display?"

Filthy; a disgusting mess of shit-covered peasants.  Kiril wants whatever did this gone from his territory.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »

"It wants us to know how terrifying it is. It wants us to fear it," Carinus answers.

"It?" Elias questions.

"Nothing that possesses the slightest shred of humanity could do something like this my dear captain, this is the work of a monster."

Elias grunts weakly, "got me there nobleman."

"Someone should stop him," Sherazhina manages to croak out. No one needs to look at her to know she means Gerald. The man's hysterical cries do nothing but unsettle the already, frankly, terrified people of the group.

"I wonder if it is still here - if it did all of this because it needs to kill - or if it has simply left this as a warning and disappeared, a monument to our impotence in the wake of the destruction it can wreak. What do you think, Kiril? Is this monster mad or cunning?"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2015, 09:18:13 pm »

"Well?" Kiril says to Elias.  "You heard her. Are you going to retrieve your man?" His tone suggests mild irritation at Elias allowing the situation to occur in the first place.

To Carinus, he replies, "I suspect the latter.  I suppose one could possess a mania for spines and shit, but it's rather unlikely."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2015, 05:36:44 pm »

Scowling, Elias goes off to fetch his man - however, Gerald's scream interrupts Kiril before he can finish saying "but".

"It would appear Gerald disagrees with you," Carinus mentions with barely hidden excitement.

Kiril eyes the spectacle with unease; it would appear that Gerald has found his brother. What is unclear, however, is what, exactly, killed him.

Well, that's not entirely true. What killed him is clearly the dozens of thin bone spikes that sprouted outwards from the earth, impaling and paralyzing him. He struggled briefly before dying, though not long enough to scream. The scream would have been his anguish at the sight of his brother.

"Did... Did you see that nobleman?"

Elias licks his lips nervously and gets into a defensive position.

"Those white slivers of bone just sprouted from the earth like so many fast-blooming flowers and cut up Gerald like wet paper. Please tell me you know what the hell can do that, and that it can die."

Sherazhina then speaks up - "The people have been left like an Impaler's Fence. It is an extremely advanced method of execution by powerful Tzimisce, but none could have done something like that to an entire village. Whatever did this has to possess incredible powers of control."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:14 am »

"So.  Something more powerful than the most powerful Tzimisce decided to murder this entire village for no perceptible reason?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »

"Perhaps it's not a vampire," Sherazhina briefly suggests.

Elias looks at Kiril, furious at his casual approach to the situation.

"Nobleman, it is here, are you just going to stand there like an idiot, look at the pretty Farking sights and wonder at what it might be?"

He keeps his voice a low whisper to keep his men from panicking - but the last few words almost come out mangled, almost like a harsh growl. He turns  back to tell the guards to stand strong, a half-hearted attempt to reassure them against a fate he no doubt believes will soon befall them all.

"How unpleasant," Carinus casually notes.

As they look, the bone spikes that had pierced Gerald recede into the earth from whence they'd come, and the guardsman falls dead to the ground.

Something black begins to ooze out of the earth.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:44:15 pm by Drakilian »

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »

Kiril covers the area around the ooze with a shroud of night.  He remains alert for signs of spikes erupting from the earth  or other imminent danger.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2015, 08:04:23 pm »

Vaporous clouds of living darkness slowly collect above the ground, covering up the spectacle. Kiril is the only one to see what goes on inside the field of murderered peasantry.

The soldiers gasp in fear. Kiril isn't entirely certain but he thinks one of the men has soiled himself - whatever smell he'd make has been covered up by the already terrible scent of the surrounding area.

The ooze coming out of the ground reacts negatively to the darkness - trying to shy away from it rather than come into contact with the shroud. Good. Whatever it is is not exempt from the dark touch of the abyss.

The ooze collects itself in various places and takes the shape of strange, twisted, inhuman things. Kiril cannot be certain what they are, but the monstrous creatures are beyond the works of even the most twisted Tzimisce. There is something just WRONG about them.

Then, where Gerald had been killed, the bones rise up again - and melt away into that same black ooze that the other creatures here have been made from.

The ooze shifts about into a more humanoid form - and suddenly, Kiril knows who he is looking at. He never saw the man for long, but his memory is perfect - there is no doubt about it. This is Barabus, his face twisted with madness, his naked body rippling, covered with a bright sheen of sweat; his veins bulging, black as the darkness Kiril has summoned to fight him.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2015, 10:09:32 pm »

Kiril is surprised- confused.  Lucien?  But Sherazhina said this display of power was beyond even the greatest Tzimisce elders.  How could Lucien have caused such a thing?  And why? Sure, the Tzimisce has shown himself prone to random cruelty.   But why attack Kiril's village?

Kiril,assesses the situation.  Other than Barabus, how many ooze creatures are there?

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2015, 10:03:23 pm »

Not many that he can see. Kiril counts those in sight at 4, though there might be others concealed by the many impaled bodies.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2015, 10:18:10 pm »

Does Kiril think Barabus might be amenable to conversation, or is he clearly insane?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2015, 09:58:49 am »

Kiril lashes towards one of the ooze creatures with a dark steel tentacle.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2015, 09:23:28 pm »

A storm of steeled darkness sprouts from the shadows formed by Kiril's shroud, 4 tendrils wrap around a creature and proceed to viciously tear it to pieces. Muck and solid flesh alike are flung about, as the thing is instantly destroyed.

Barabus does not seem to care.

The crazed, naked thing walks undaunted through the shroud, emerging from it with a wicked, horrifying growl that has two of the guardsmen fall to their knees.

When he speaks, his voice is twisted, broken, rasping. It carries with it a terrible pain that belies his mad smile.

His black eyes fix on Kiril with an unnerving intensity.

"You were one of them, weren't you?"

Voices come from the shroud, heard only by Kiril - for which he is happy, he doubts the men could have taken it.

"Kill the Master, Kill the Shaper, Kill the Knight."

"Yess.... You were one of them... but you are not one of those three I search for."

"Kill him! Show your power! Kill Barabus, kill!"

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2015, 06:34:58 am »

Kiril continues to have his tendrils attack the other creatures as he talks to Barabus.
"You don't have to kill me.  I could help you."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 05:18:59 pm »

"Help me?"

Sobbing laughter erupts from Barabus' twisted grin.

"You poor fool, no one can help me."

The things in the shroud begin to move, and Barabus starts onto a run, seemingly headed straight towards the guardsmen and Kiril.

Sherazhina, pale, takes a step back. Carinus watches on impassively.

Elias looks like he's resigned himself to death, and puts his shield up.

Just about every single one of the guardsmen look like they want to run away screaming.

Does Kiril stick with his course of action?

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »

Yes. For the moment, Kiril still wants to save Barabus.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2015, 11:34:31 pm »

More tendrils burst out of the darkness created by the shroud. This time, seeing how easily the last was destroyed, Kiril spreads the tendrils farther along. He summons an impressive six, assigning two to each monster within sight.

All three he attacks are destroyed in an instant. For a second he almost regrets that the men are unable to see his victory over the monstrous beasts within the shroud.

However, re-examining the charging Barabus, it occurs to him that their attention would likely be otherwise occupied in any case.

The guards form a line two men deep, positioning themselves as Kiril has seen noblemen position themselves on boar hunts. Barabus charges forward heedless of the weapons pointed towards him, almost as if he intends to drive himself on them to kill the men hiding behind the shields.

Elias stands at the back as the captain. No doubt his men are envious of his position.

Let them suffer

Whispers carry on as Barabus approaches, still only heard by Kiril; though there are notably fewer whispers to be heard now. Parsing through the voices Kiril doesn't think there could possibly be more than three of those damned things left. Though, unlike the ones he has destroyed already, they are well out of sight.

Barabus then slams into the shield wall.

Carinus and Sherazhina both watch with rapt attention as Barabus' body shifts to avoid the weapons positioned to stop him. Elias watches with horror as the man's arms shift around the shields, ooze into the armour, and form into solid, painful spikes that erupt from the openings within two of the men's helmets.

In less than an instant, Barabus' arms are back into their original form, and the two men begin to drop, still holding onto their weapons, as if they hadn't realized yet that they were dead.

The shield wall broken, Barabus strikes out with a terrible, bludgeoning blow that caves in one of the second line's chests, and lets loose a horrifying roar as he grabs another by the skull with a hand, throwing him through the air like a ragdoll, likely breaking his neck in the process.

A hole broken through the line, Elias is all that stands between Barabus and Kiril.

Let them know your pain

Barabus strikes Elias with a blow that splinters the captain's shield, forcing him a step back and no doubt bruising like a bitch.

Elias curses and drives his sword towards Barabus in a fast, controlled jab. The blade sinks into Barabus' gut and a black, almost blood-like substance begins to ooze out of the wound.

The thing shows no pain.

Three of the guardsmen throw down their weapons and run, terrified.

Only two stay to help their captain, driving their own blades into the monster that just slaughtered half of them. One into the center of Barabus' back, bouncing off the spine and cutting into where his black heart should be, the other deep into his right thigh.

Kiril notes that Barabus seems to be distinctly not dead yet. In fact, very much the opposite of dead. If anything, he seemed almost exhilarated by the deadly blades digging into his flesh.

Let them see their pain is nothing to yours

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2015, 09:15:26 am »

Kiril redirects his tentacles towards entangling Barabus.  (Hopefully he won't just shift around them. )

"Carinus.  There are three more of those . . . things around here somewhere."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2015, 11:10:30 pm »

Carinus raises his eyebrows.

"I do not possess the ability to manipulate killing shadows, Kiril. I fear my own methods of disposal would result in my terrible demise in this particular situation."

Tendrils spring around Barabus, grabbing the massive man's arms and legs and restraining him. He appears to care about the tendrils exactly as much as he cares about the blades currently within his body.

The thing grins, showing off now-blackened teeth. It whips it's head to his left side and spits black blood into one of the guard's faces. The man screams and falls back, hands coming up to his face, releasing the grip on his blade.

Barabus then lets his right hand morph into a large spike that pierces the last guardsman's belly. The man sinks to his knees, then onto his other hand, pulling his sword from the monster and using it to support himself.

The demon turns his eyes onto Elias then.

The captain grits his teeth and takes a deep breath, almost as if to roar bloody defiance into the monster's face.

The captain croaks then, struggling to speak through the bone that had appeared in his throat. His eyes go wide and he raises his hands to the hole left behind as the lance withdraws into Barabus' body, as if he could stem the tide of blood that flows so freely through his broken artery.

"Gruglh"

Barabus' black eyes turn to Kiril, and he speaks with the chilling voice of a monster.

"No more games. Face me dark o-"

Barabus stops mid-sentence and looks over his shoulder. For the first time, Kiril sees fear and surprise on that terrible face. It soon gives way to a hatred that might have made even him shiver, were he still mortal.

The three demons still among the impaled bodies slink away from their master, any forward advancement they'd planned stopped immediately. Their whispering, however, is redoubled in its intensity.

KILL THE SHAPER, KILL THE KNIGHT

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:15:26 am by Drakilian »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up