Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanitarium!  (Read 62649 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Sanitarium!
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 05:15:17 am »

"You mooks don't need keys to get out of your cells," Harvey whispers, leaning in a little too close for comfort.

"All you need is a page or two from one of these books." Here, he holds up one of the cheap novels that the residents have in their mill space.

"Just wad up some paper inside the latch. That way the lock doesn't fully engage and you can jimmy it open after the guards go to sleep."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 05:20:26 am »

Mildred meanwhile, hears the faintest of whispers - coming through the stone floor and up through her feet -

'Yes... come to us behind the wall... below the earth... we will save you from them... make you rulers over them... bring them to kneel before you and see as you see...'

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 05:24:51 am »

Harvey, still scheming, continues, "Just need a way past the nurses; and have to avoid the two roving guards is all..."

"Might be able to overpower them, if we had weapons, but not if the rest of them know what we're doing. They'd whack us for sure..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 07:13:25 am »

"But I like stealing keys." Betty whines.

"Helen could pro'lly distract the guards."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »

Harvey practically drools at the thought.

"Ah, yeah, I'm sure she could, hehehe ..."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 02:46:47 pm »

Since Archie might as well be a lifeless corpse ( intriguing, but impractical) Helen turns her attention to Harvey & Betty. 
"You want me to . . distract somebody?" She moves over next to Harvey, leaning her head so close he can feel her breath against his neck.  "Mmmmm. . . What did you have in mind?  Go into detail. . ."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 03:04:53 pm »

Having clearly perfected his lifeless corpse impersonation (he plans to write a book later about this new, "playing dead" technique and how it can help you survive dangerous predators), Archie thinks to all the times he's had thousands of volts of electricity shot through his balls.

Admittedly, once or twice is intriguing and perhaps worth trying out in a lifetime. But every day was getting exceedingly painful. Perhaps it WAS times to escape.

Yes. Good on you Harvey, let's see what we can do with this.

Archie thinks to himself, wondering where he'll hide the papers he'll rip out of the book.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
  • A challenge you say? Well i refuse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 04:29:28 pm »

"Keys, paper what does it matter if we're escaping." Earl says. "Besides, im pretty sure these guys laugh behind my back aswell. Aliens are real! and they probe peoples rear ends. I dont know why."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2015, 06:57:24 pm »

Harvey is about to say something, when a guard bangs loudly on the bars with his nightstick.

"OK, BREAK IT UP YOU FAIRIES! IN YOUR ROOMS NOW!"

"MOVE IT! MOVE IT!"

This of course is nothing new. They yell at you like this every night when it is time to get locked back in.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:47:42 pm by BerkaZerka »

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:39 pm »

Rupert flinches at the sound of the nightstick hitting the bars, then silently obeys the command.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2015, 06:08:49 am »

Mildred complies-- too risky to get it now. I'm sorry... We'll rule over them starting tomorrow, I promise...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

Archie goes to his cell, walking openly and loosely.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2015, 03:06:43 pm »

Alright mr guard." Earl says as he walks to his cell.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »

Betty nods, and, as she goes to her cell, shimmies up to mildred and hides her pen in her hair. Hopefully it'll be unoticed.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »

Betty's cell is searched - they find nothing.

Mildred is stabbed in the head with a fountain pen when she lies down.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »

Mildred slowly reaches for the object in her hair, pulling it out in utter bewilderment. Confused yet pleased, she places it in a safe spot (in a pillow or somesuch), and gets some much needed rest. Yes, now we can make them bleed...

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2015, 07:01:57 pm »

Helen heads more-or-less obediently to her cell guestroom,only flirting a little with the guards. 

Certainly no touching. 

That's later, when she's alone.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015, 05:22:07 am »

7 am - Cold Showers

The next morning, following calisthenics in the yard, everyone is herded through the showers, where there is an unexpected delay in getting the water running for some reason. When it finally starts to flow out through the showerheads, the pipes shriek and groan for a few seconds.

Curiously, the noise the pipes make is almost music-like in everyone's ears - though the staff doesn't seem to notice.

For Mildred however, it's even more. This is the same pattern of tones she has been hearing over and over in her head of late - and judging by the looks on the faces of the other, they can hear it too! Maybe she's not crazy after all!

"GET MOVING WORMS!" a guard at the far end yells, striking the tile wall with his nightstick, as the guard at the other end starts shoving people through.

The tile he hit meanwhile, inadvertently pops off the wall and breaks on the floor.

There's something weird about the spot the tile occupied, but the guard quickly moves (almost intentionally) in the way so that it can no longer be seen behind him.

As this goes on, Archie and Earl (being in the rear of the group), notice a strange dripping sound when the showerheads are turned off. It echoes up from one of the drains in the floor and sounds more like water dripping into a cavernous lake below than water simply swirling down a pipe.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2015, 08:30:34 am »

Earl moves a little as to see behind the guard, interested in what might be behind him. He also whistles the catchy tune he heard from the showers.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2015, 09:03:17 am »

The guard seems to notice Earl trying to eyeball the empty tile spot and shoves him back in line with a growl - "GIT YER ASS BACK IN LINE!"

Earl does manage to get a look however, and is pretty sure that there's a bullet hole in the concrete behind the tiling.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

8 am - Breakfast

After dressing in clean gowns, everyone is taken up to the cafeteria for breakfast.

Here, the guards back off enough that the residents can talk amongst themselves with a modicum of privacy while they eat ...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:19:50 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2015, 05:39:02 pm »

Betty eats slowly, planning on stealing ALL the spoons soon enough. But firstly, pen. She shimmies up to Mildred, and whispers.
"Pen me."

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »

Helen, in a rare display of female solidarity, slides over next to Frances.  "You have to come with us! It'll be fun!"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2015, 05:34:10 am »

"Who me?" Francis replies askance, "do you really think you could escape this place? I mean without everyone getting hurt, or worse?"

Then whispering so no one else can hear, she adds, "Don't trust Harvey... he's... well... he's one of them mob guys. He may even be faking paranoia to hide here from them. I mean, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:36 am »

Betty eats slowly, planning on stealing ALL the spoons soon enough. But firstly, pen. She shimmies up to Mildred, and whispers.
"Pen me."
"So it was you..." Mildred whispers, reluctantly handing back the pen (which she was able to somehow hide through the morning rituals).

"Anyway, you guys hear the music, right? It's so weird..." She looks around for the utensils available to them in the cafeteria let's hope for knives you pen-giving idiot.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2015, 12:21:54 pm »

"No music... Just Fred", Rupert replies, scratching the table to attempt to get some specks of wood off of it.

Sethaniel

• Feng-Shui Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »

"Who me?" Francis replies askance, "do you really think you could escape this place? I mean without everyone getting hurt, or worse?"

Then whispering so no one else can hear, she adds, "Don't trust Harvey... he's... well... he's one of them mob guys. He may even be faking paranoia to hide here from them. I mean, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

"I really think we could," Helen emphatically replies.  "I mean, look at how many totally sane people are in here- how competent can the staff be?"  She gives France's arm a quick little squeeze.  "You've got to come along. We can't leave you here all alone."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »

Of course Mildred doesn't see any knives - all they ever get is spoons.

Knives are however in the kitchen; and whoever is assigned to dishwashing after breakfast would have (albeit carefully watched) access to them.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:44 pm »

Francis frowns. "I don't know..." She says to Helen, "I'd rather just wait and see if the Director will let us go (like he promised), after the performance."

"Besides, you've all practiced so hard and sound so good. It would be a shame for the world to not see what beauty people like us can bring to the world."

"Even if it's not the miracle cure it's supposed to be..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2015, 02:04:36 pm »

"Yes!" Betty cries out triumphantly.

"Mildy, gal, I guess you arent such a miss grundy after all." She says with a nod. "Or at least your hair isn't."

"And yeah, wierd music."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2015, 02:40:39 pm »

"Fred?!? Fred was here?!?" Harvey starts at Rupert's mention of a 'Fred'.

Harvey's eyes dart around the room in near panic - big as saucers.

Harvey look like he is about to do something rash...

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2015, 02:55:07 pm »

Rupert looks up at Harvey, then returns to scratching the table.

"Fred is nice."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2015, 03:29:19 pm »

Staying well away from Harvey, Archie says - "Fred's dead baby Harvey, Fred's dead."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2015, 05:05:10 pm »

Harvey's head swivels much too quickly between Rupert and Archie in confusion.

With a deranged look he pulls out some of his hair and screams in rage.

The guards rush in to restrain him.

"YOU GAVE ME AWAY! YOU GAVE ME AWAY!" Harvey screams at Rupert, as the guards try to tackle him. Harvey proves to be a bit of a scrapper and socks one of them across the jaw. The nightsticks come into play shortly thereafter.

Harvey gives it a good fight though, kicking the other guard in the nuts and almost knocking the first one out with another knuckle-sandwich.

That's when the Dobermans (Victor and Faust), abruptly leap onto Harvey and start biting the shit out of his neck and face.

"YOU STUPID MUTHA FUKHA!" Watch Captain Hutchins yells, coming into the cafeteria after the dogs.

At this point, Harvey is shrieking bloody murder and trying to keep the Dobermans away from his vitals – they happily chewing on the arms he has offered them.

“GOD DAMN IT!” Hutchins curses and yanks the dogs back on their leashes.

It soon becomes clear that the Watch Captain is not pulling the dogs back to spare Harvey, but to clear the way for a pair of nightsticks to simultaneously come crashing down on Harvey’s face – taking him out in a spray of teeth and blood!

When it’s over, Harvey looks dead… but blood still weeps from the vicious wounds he has sustained. At least for now the wreck of a man holds tenuously to some semblance of life…

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2015, 05:12:55 pm »

Nurse Stinson and Orderly Boyce rush into the room and look with concern at Harvey's mangled neck and face.

"Better call Doctor Slaughter," Nurse Stinson says and the Orderly rushes off to do so.

"Good boys! Good Boys!" Captain Hutchins says, patting the blood-mawed mongrels.

Then turning to the men, he casually orders, "take the bum to the Doctor's Office and strap him down."

The guards comply, dragging Harvey out by his feet. The Nurse follows them out.

The roving guards come in to take the previous guards places and Watch Captain Hutchins leaves with the dogs to return to the security office.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:27:26 am by BerkaZerka »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »

Archie eyes the others carefully.

Would they be willing to fight?

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2015, 09:28:58 pm »

Mildred brings a hand over her mouth, horrified by the sudden turn of events. After taking one or two spoons for herself, she simply watches the situation settle before worrying about who's turn it is to wash the dishes.

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2015, 07:04:08 am »

"Bye bye Harvey." Earl waves at him when they drag hin away.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2015, 09:32:09 am »

"What is wrong with you?!?" Francis gasps, appalled by Earl's callous response.

"You find nothing wrong with that awful awful display of barbaric behavior?!?!"

"Clearly, you at least among us, deserve to be in here!"

Francis then pushes her food away from her in disgust. No longer able to stomach any of it.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »

Betty looks on, and shakes her head sadly. Stupid Harvey. Stupid stupid harvey. She needs to get out of there now.

She looks to francis, helen, mildrew, and nudist dude.
"We need to get out." She whispers. "Theyll kill us soon."

Daedalus

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2015, 06:14:55 pm »

"Ofcourse i dont deserve to be here. Im not ko-ko. I was abducted by aliens, and people say im ko-ko for it." Earl replies to Francis.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2015, 06:22:09 pm »

Francis doesn't say anything.

She just frowns and shakes her head.

It is not clear however, if it is in response to Earl, the idea to try to escape, or both.

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »

A slithering whisper enters Mildred's mind, echoing in her head thirteen times - 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...' 'Take us with you ...'

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2015, 10:20:14 pm »

"Wait, you mean you're stuck here? Where are you?" Mildred asks the voices.

"Frances, honey, realize that we need to leave here. After Harvey's freak out... It won't be long."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 06:49:07 pm »

'In the music below' the voice hisses to Mildred and is then replaced with those weird piping sounds again. Fortunately, it fades quickly this time.

Francis meanwhile, doesn't answer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:51:13 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 09:00:09 pm »

The Day in Review

After breakfast, the residents are put to work, while Director Kaufman and Doctor Slaughter come in early to examine Harvey Polk. After patching him up as best they can, they have him transferred to the Nurses Station and strapped down onto a bed. Nurse Stinson gives him an injection to keep him asleep for the day.

During chores, some of the residents have limited opportunities to pilfer a few things.

Archie and Mildred are cleaning upstairs, when Mildred is caught trying to hide the mop in her cell. She explains that the voices told her to clean her room and is yelled at for it, but is otherwise simply put back to work mopping again, albeit with greater scrutiny.

That distraction however, gives Archie a chance to steal a look in the nurses logbook, while cleaning in the Nurses Station.

He sees some notes on each of the residents' dementias and their general health status - but also finds that all of the residents have been marked down as 'Case Hopeless'.

Additionally, Archie sees an entry for Dorothy Werner (the missing resident) that indicates she is in a coma (though it doesn't say where she is currently being kept).

Then there are notes for Ruth Swain (the screamer in the basement) that have recently been marked 'Case Terminated' ...

Archie is unable take the logbook however.

Earl meanwhile, takes a moment in the supply room to gulp down the booze he hid there. It gives him a good buzz and makes the day a little more bearable.

As this goes on, Betty tries to get access to the knives in the kitchen, but being a known klepto, the guards don't let her anywhere near them. She does manage to score a wire whisk however, which if taken apart could be used to pick locks.

Betty drops the whisk in the mop bucket under soapy water and takes it upstairs to Mildred.

Mildred finds the whisk when she dips the mop and finds a place to hide it in the corner of the mill room.

---

Later, during morning music practice, Francis is briefly brought in to replace Harvey on the viola; but she can't play a single note and is quickly thrown out of the music room by a very irritated Director Kaufman.

Director Kaughman then takes a moment to go chew out Captain Hutchins for farking up Harvey so badly; and threatens to let him go, if Harvey can't recover enough to make the recital for his colleagues on time.

---

The day continues to pass.

Earl, Betty, and Mildred luck out of Experimental Therapy sessions this time. They are returned to the mill space, where they have to sit quietly along the wall until dinner.

Archie, Rupert, and Francis meanwhile, are taken down to the basement. There is an unusual silence there today - no screaming coming from Ruth Swain's isolation cell for some reason.

Archie tries to suggest another trip to the ice house like yesterday, thinking it might be an opportunity to score an ice pick, but is instead suspended upside-down on the wall and then wrapped head to toe in wet bed sheets like a mummy.

Supposedly a type of Aversion Therapy, Archie finds it overly suffocating and most distressing. He fails his Willpower Save, has a panic attack and loses 3 Sanity Points.

Rupert draws the Tone Induction Therapy coupled with Rotational Therapy. Like Earl was the day before, Rupert is strapped into the RTD and spun at high speeds, while a tuba (set up next to the device) blasts loudly in his face each time it comes around.

Francis meanwhile, is placed down in The Hole for Tone Induction Therapy and thinks she hears whispering voices between the strange piping sounds. She can't make out what the voices are trying to say, but finds that a small relief, as she has no desire to hear them in the first place.

Helen enjoys more Aversion Therapy with Director Kaufman in his office before he leaves for the day. She even manages to coil a 5 foot leather whip around her upper arm, while the Director is getting dressed. Her hospital gown covers that part of her arm, so unless she is searched, no one will see that she has it.

---

At length, the day finally comes to an end and everyone (except Harvey) is gathered in the mill room after dinner for free time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:39:06 am by BerkaZerka »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2015, 08:12:30 am »

Betty looks around at the group, and quickly whispers;
"What'd you guys get?" She asks

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2015, 08:02:11 pm »

"I got caught," Mildred drinks some of her soup, fishing around in hope of finding an ox tail (for use later). If possible, she'd also try to get some napkins.

"But I found some sort of wire-whisk in a soap bucket. Might be useful..." While already whispering, she pauses to look around for close-by guards. "So are we doing anything tonight or what?"

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2015, 09:01:51 pm »

Rupert shakes his head.

"No...but Fred said he'll help tonight..."

He says quietly.

"I don't see why. We're supposed to be here. We're sick. They're helping."

He mumbles to himself, tugging gently at his hair.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 09:56:41 pm »

"I'm not sick," Mildred protests. "The voices call me from below, and I'm going to find them to prove it!"
"Also, who's Fred?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up