General Category > Media & Mayhem

What Drak's been reading

(1/38) > >>

Drakilian:
Chronicles of the Black Company

Have had these books for a while but never got around to reading them. Had a dentist appointment today and had time to kill and no internet, so I gave the first one a gander. The writing starts out disjointed and confusing, it very much feels like the writer is unsure how to either portray or segue into various events, but I gave it a pass because I was bored and had nothing better to do.

It really gets very much better though, the story becomes rather compelling in its own way, it's very much an epic written as a Dark Fantasy, really my style so I thought i'd bring it up. Starts out slow but really picks up as you learn more about the characters in the story, particularly the Taken.

Anyway, finished the first book, i'll probably finish the rest of the series while i'm out working during the next few weeks.

Not Aman:
Neat. Once I finish the witcher I'll try and read it,

Sethaniel:
Oh,I read a lot of his Garrett mysteries. I remember them being at least good enough that I read all they had at the time.

Not Aman:
You finish it yet?

Drakilian:
I've had a bunch of stuff get in the way, but i'm most of the way through the 9th book

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version