Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton  (Read 118953 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Knight's Foul Deed
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2015, 02:28:04 am »

"I have studied the first two arts, Basilio." Anton states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2015, 11:04:11 pm »

"Ah, then you are not nearly so advanced as is necessary - well, a simple thing to note is that as you become better versed in the art of Domination you will be able to command more and more of your subjects. At a certain point you will be able to command not only their minds and souls, but their bodies themselves. I can command a man's heart to stop beating, his eyes to stop seeing, his lungs to stop breathing. Similarly, I can simply order away any feeling of nausea on the sea. Few ghouls have it, their constitution usually being strengthened by the blood, but i've had to do it in the past. I can do it for Joseph as well, if he requires it."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »

"I would be most grateful, sire. He is a good servant." Anton says

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2015, 04:26:05 am »

"Then it shall be done. Is that all now?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2015, 10:50:58 am »

"Then it shall be done. Is that all now?"
"Yes. Thank you Basilio." Anton says, and begins the trek back down to his cabin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2015, 07:28:24 pm »

April 2nd, 11:02 PM, 1199
Constantinople,
Domain of the Michael, the Father

It has been a long and impressive journey for Anton, time spent with Basilio and Eken and Joseph has provided him with a great many opportunities to learn and teach alike, yet all journeys must come to an end, and the end of this one is not long in coming. Basilio's Dark Queen has travelled the distance from Constanta to Constantinople, the Jewel of the World, and in record time too.

Though they arrive at the dead of night, the Dark Queen moving smoothly and unseen through the black waters, Constantinople is still busy and crowded, its streets humming with life and lights, its powerful, thick stone walls shielding the various grandiose, impressive structures that make the city famous. Though his perception is rather lacking, even Anton cannot fail to see the spires of the imperial palace, home of the byzantine emperors. He cannot fail to be moved by the magnificence of the Hagia Sophia, perhaps one of the most astounding examples of Byzantine architecture.

Basilio looks out to the city with a smile reminiscent of how one might look upon a long-lost lover.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:55:04 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2016, 05:44:12 am »

Anton, seeing Constatinople as if by day, still strains his eyes to take in the view. It's shocking. To see people move around at night, to see a city bigger then even sofia... Its unsettling.

"What is this?" Anton simply mutters, shocked.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2016, 02:52:30 pm »

"Home".

The ship, despite its most questionable appearance and the most secure nature of the city, finds a dock quickly, almost as if guided to port. Men greet Basilio, Eken, Anton and Joseph as they step off with familiarity, many greeting Basilio with smiles. Among them is a man who looks vaguely familiar and extremely proud. He greets Anton after warmly greeting Basilio; "Good to see you again master Anton; how is Heldric doing? I haven't spoken much with my childe in recent times, leagues of sea standing in the way and all that."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2016, 03:02:30 pm »

Anton squints slightly. His perception isnt that bad, is it? Heldric is a nosferatu, his sire shouldnt be... Oh wait, obfuscate.

"I can only assume he is doing well, lord." Anton says, "I havent been in contact with many of us since the Passage. Princedom steals much time, unfortunately."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2016, 03:10:39 pm »

Malachite gives an easy grin that nonetheless unsettles Anton, his memory recapturing that terrible rictus grin back in the depths of Bhuda-Pest.

"It should, it is good to know you bear the burden of princedom well. My apologies, Basilio and I have some business to discuss."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2016, 06:50:47 am »

"Of course, Lord Malachite." Anton says, as he turns to his sire.

"Farwell sire." Anton states, "I hope you enjoy your travels."

Assuming there is nothing else left to say, Anton'll first head straight to the Assasins. Theyll know he's here, even if Basilio had cloaked them in literal darkness. But if Malachite knew, then so do Husayn's brothers, and the sooner they realize that they arent to kill Anton, the better.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2016, 01:50:13 pm »

Instructions from his sire give previously lead Anton to a resplendent building that appears to be the turkish embassy. Within he asks after a "Shabah", supposedly the envoy of Alamut in Constantinople. A mention of Basilio's name is all he needs to secure an audience with the diplomat.

He is brought to a fine, ornate room decorated in a style most unfamiliar to him, Joseph looks around with a combination of admiration and unease.

"Are you sure this was the right choice Anton? Walking into the lion's den and begging it not to eat you?"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:08:02 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2016, 02:07:43 pm »

"These are no lions, brother. And it is safer to know that you are dealing with the assasins then to meet one whilst you sleep. We are safest where we actually know to be cautious."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2016, 03:06:30 pm »

"Hmph", is all Joseph can seemingly muster, keeping quiet and looking uneasy. It's practically his natural state at this point.

"My apologies for the wait", A woman covered in a full-body black veil had made her way into the room unnoticed by the oblivious Anton.

"We like to count Basilio as a friend of turkish empire, his work with our own Husayn Al-Fatin has been excellent in forming ties between Sofia and the East. We graciously accept his envoy."

Not a hint of emotion in her voice, just the calm, mannered air of the consumate diplomat. Anton might wonder if that would change when she found out Husayn was dead?

Unless they already know.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »

Anton nods.
"Are you the Shabbah?" He asks in his normal tongue. Perhaps they dont know he knows arabic. Camt hurt to keep that a secret.

"I have a message from Husayn." He says, taking out the small paper, and handing it over to the woman.

Once he sees that she read it, he'll say,
"Husayn's loss to us was a blow. Basilio cared for him deeply. I am deeply sorry we could not subdue him fast enough, madam."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2016, 11:18:27 am »

The second the words "Husayn"s loss" pass through Anton's lips, he notes the slightest slump of the Shabah's shoulders.

"Fariq..."

Anton hears a thud from beside him. Turning, he sees a man of middle-eastern descent removing a bloody knife from Joseph's back, Joseph himself having slid to the floor with the slightest sigh.

"You filthy Farking shit!" He yells in arabic, at the same time moving to draw a second blade from it's sheathe.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:14:15 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

Anton, not speaking Greek, guesses that what the Arab said was not friendly, and tsks.
"I'd expect you to want to honor Hakim's final wishes, Fariq." He says, bending down to inspect Brother Joseph, as he attempts to summon dark steel to block off the Assasin. Attacking him would be silly.

"Shabba, please calm down your friend." He says simply.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2016, 11:19:08 am »

Anton sprouts 4 dark Steel Tendrils around Fariq, each seizing an arm or a leg, locking him into place. The assassin struggles briefly but cannot break it's grip. Clearly he is not exactly an assassin of Husayn's caliber.

Joseph wheezes weakly, still alive but obviously not in the best condition (or fully conscious). Understandable, there is a small but very deep cut at the small of his back that went directly into his heart, a death sentence had he still been entirely mortal. As it is, however, Anton doubts he will be able to recover without some serious assistance - a clear but foul-smelling liquid oozes from and coats the edges of the wound (along with copious amounts of blood).

The Shabbah immediately begins speaking in a sharp and furious manner in a strangely language similar to arabic but unknown to Anton, though again, no fury is visible in what Anton can see of her veiled face. Fariq struggles again briefly but soon hangs his head, answering back in a subdued manner - though the tension in his limbs suggests that he does not think this is over by the smallest stretch of the imagination.

The Shabbah speaks again to Anton, "Fariq understands, you may release him. He will also provide an antidote for the poison coursing through your servant's veins."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:22:22 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2016, 11:55:52 am »

Anton looks at Fariq, and nods, raising his hand. The tentacles quickly release their hold on the assasin, though they stick close.

"I understand your wish for vengeance, Assasin, but it would be best to direct it at the one who ordered Husayn, rather then the ones he loved. Husayn was the second kindred I ever met, and one of the only three whom I would have ever trusted with my life. I wouldnt have walked in here if I didn't believe in him." Anton says.

"Now, I expect you'll remove the poison from my servant. I'd hate for my realtionship with the Assamite clan to take a turn for the worse."

He then turns to the Shabbah.
"I trust that," he says, motioning to Fariq, "will be the last attempt I need fear?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »

The Shabbah nods.

"Of course, Husayn's wishes were clear, as were Haquim's."

Her voice is tense and just a hint of displeasure seeps through, though whether it's directed towarda him or Fariq is unclear.

She barks out a short command and the assassin gets down on a knee, looking up to Anton with unquestionable hatred, and removes a vial from a pouch. He wipes some paste into his fingers and digs them roughly into Joseph's wound, making the monk squirm and moan in pain on the ground, writhing about in a pool of his own blood. Getting up Fariq carelessly wiped his hand on his pantsleg.

The Shabbah seemingly takes no issue with this.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2016, 04:12:48 pm »

Anton lets his tentacles grasp Fariq yet again.
"I expect respect given to my servant, Assasin." Anton states, calmly, before standing and looking at the Shabbah.

"Can we talk, civilised? My sire had a wonderful relationship with your clan, I wish to countinue tbat trend."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2016, 10:26:28 pm »

Fariq does not fall so easily as prey to the tendrils this time (expecting them), and moves out of the way of all but one which snags him by the ankle. It dissipates however, and Fariq pulls himself free.

"What the hell was that? You're lucky I don't kill you now for what you did to Husayn you worthless Farkboy! You try to attack me after I HELP you!?"

Again, the Shabba interrupts furiously. Anton notices a bloody dagger at her side and deduces that she destroyed his tendril.

Not completely on his side then.

She points to the door and Fariq angrily exits the room.

The Shabba resumes conversation with Anton as if nothing unpleasant had intruded on them.

"You ask too much. None of Haqim's children will treat the servants of their enemies with respect if they do not desire it. Why do you continue to taint the halls of our haven?"

Not quite welcome either, it seems.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:37 am »

"I am here because I wish to find a way to repair this break with your clan. Because I wish to pay Husayn Al-Fatin the respect he deserved, and I want to make sure his sacrifice isn't wasted." Anton says.

"I am no enemy to the assimite clan, unless you make me one, Shabbah."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:14 am »

"If you were an enemy to our clan," the Shabbah sits down.

"I would have helped Fariq kill you. This is no place for threats, and I will consider further ones a sign of disrespect. Speak reasonably."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2016, 12:09:02 pm »

"I meant no disrespect, Shabbah." Anton says, pouring some blood into Joseph to heal him, and then sits down as well.

"I understand that Husayn was very important to those here. I again wish to stress how applogetic I am for what happened. He deserved better."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:52 pm »

Joseph groans out some rather undiplomatic and un-monkly turns of phrase after receiving a revitalizing dose of blood. He shuts his mouth right quickly on remembering where he is, though Anton can only imagine what he's currently thinking.

"Yes. He did."

The unspoken statement niggles at Anton, and sets his thoughts ever so briefly back to that terrible fight with the master assassin down in Basilio's Labyrinth.

The Shabbah says nothing else. There is no mistaking her hostility for anything else, though she has the grace to not have kicked him out yet. Perhaps giving him a chance to get to the point?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2016, 02:19:34 pm »

Anton nods.
"I did not, however, come here to ask forgiveness. I have come here to eliminate the person who put the contract on my sire's head, on Gabor. He hides here, like a rat, in constantinople. Husayn's note stated that I should ask you for your assistance."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2016, 02:22:27 pm »

The Shabbah sits carefully still, and then, speaking calmly but still struggling to hide her amazement at the request - "Husayn overreached."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

The Shabbah sits carefully still, and then, speaking calmly but still struggling to hide her amazement at the request - "Husayn overreached."
Anton shakes his head.
"Husayn understood how important Basilio's alliance with your clan is, Shabbah. He spent decades of his time sinking resources and effort to build confidence with Basilio's court. Now Basilio's childer are princes in transylvania. This would be a way of rekindling that time. Husayn's final request to you was to keep his work intact. To not let his years with Basilio be a waste. Please let that request be fulfilled." Anton says.

"I ask for little. Simply for your help in identifying Gabor's current haven. That is all I ask for, to rekindle that trust. For us to be able to work togheter yet again, Shabbah. Something I suspect is easy for assasins as skilled as your clan are."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »

"You would ask this of us seconds after giving us news of an elder's death?"

The word "fool" was not said, though heavily implied.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2016, 02:39:17 am »

"You would ask this of us seconds after giving us news of an elder's death?"

The word "fool" was not said, though heavily implied.
"I would not dare attempt to manipulate you by hiding such things." Anton states simply. "That would be an insult to Husayn's memory."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »

The Shabbah is silent for a moment.

"How did he die?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2016, 11:51:31 pm »

"He fell in battle from his own wounds, Shabbah. He... He went as far as a kindred could go to accomplish his duty."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2016, 01:33:02 am »

The Shabbah whispers quietly as if to herself, "not far enough".

She turns, clearly signalling ending the meeting, and motions for Anton to leave the room. Clearly, the Shabbah is done with him.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »

Anton stands, and silently summons a tendril to carry Joseph as he walks out.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2016, 07:29:12 pm »

As he reaches the door, the Shabbah says aloud - "Gabor has taken residence near the Hagia Sophia, though he cannot enter its hallowed walls without retribution. He provides Michael with artistic playthings in exchange for the right to feed and stay within his city. Do not come back."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

Anton nods.
"I hope one day we can work past this, Shabbah. Thank you." He says, with a nod, and heads out. Once he leaves the embassy, Anton'll check up on his monk.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2016, 10:52:55 pm »

Brother Joseph can move on his own, though he most clearly would rather not.

He also curses in a most unmonkly way when they leave, showing off quite a soldier's mouth with a large vein of colorful language, cut off by a final groan - "Argh that hurt..."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2016, 11:17:57 pm »

Brother Joseph can move on his own, though he most clearly would rather not.

He also curses in a most unmonkly way when they leave, showing off quite a soldier's mouth with a large vein of colorful language, cut off by a final groan - "Argh that hurt..."
Anton cuts him off.
"Watch your words, Brother. You are still mortal, even the crimes of God's forsaken can not push you." Anton states, and countinues onwards further away from the Turks, and more towards the Princedom (and the lasombra traitor).

"The forsaken are cruel. But they should not have attacked you, brother. You are far more then just a simple servant."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2016, 11:54:14 pm »

"No, I am also a penitent mass murderer. Clearly I deserve some more consi" - Joseph breaks off into another coughing fit.

Anton heads off to the seat of Michael's power in Constantinople, the Hagia Sophia, among the greatest cathedrals to be constructed in all of Christendom.

When he comes to the great edifice he is nearly brought to his knees by the very air of spirituality and holy power that surrounds the building. It burns and eats away at the horror within Anton. It lays him out bare to the judgement of heaven. It ignites in him the memory of fear, and fills him with disgust. For the briefest moment, Anton hates himself. For the briefest moment, he wants to welcome the sun.

Joseph feels it too, Anton can see, though not nearly to the same degree. The benefits of still being mortal, perhaps.

He wonders to himself - how can Michael possibly stand to make his home near the holy land?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2016, 12:03:28 am »

"Truly amazing." Anton says, breathless, striving to keep his focus. "This could be Krondast, brother."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2016, 12:06:27 am »

"But it won't be, will it Anton? Is it not you who says we play the role of monsters for God?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2016, 12:15:25 am »

"But it won't be, will it Anton? Is it not you who says we play the role of monsters for God?"
"We are the monsters so that this can come into fruition, properly. Without the taint our kind gives off. Without the flaws we bring into all things."

"Krondast will not be this. Krondast will be pure. But this is the closest I have ever felt, brother. There is nothing I can compare it to."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2016, 12:41:02 am »

"Basilio once told me that the holy city of Acre was so blessed that none of the damned could even enter it's walls without bursting into flame. Is that the perfection you see Anton?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2016, 12:45:00 am »

Anton nods.
"That would certainly be ideal." Anton states.

"Acre is a city of purity." Anton says. "Have you ever been there, brother?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:41:25 am by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2016, 05:58:39 pm »

"Yes, Basilio had be as an agent there to keep track of the city's doings for him."

Joseph coughs a bit, "It was difficult. Even a simple ghoul I could not stay there for more than a few days at a time, I would frequently become violently ill."

Then a bit of silence.

"So your ideal world is one in which you are dead, Anton?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2016, 06:11:46 pm »

"Yes, Basilio had be as an agent there to keep track of the city's doings for him."

Joseph coughs a bit, "It was difficult. Even a simple ghoul I could not stay there for more than a few days at a time, I would frequently become violently ill."

Then a bit of silence.

"So your ideal world is one in which you are dead, Anton?"
"I am already dead, brother. Damned." Anton says, with a sad smile. "My ideal world is where my damnation had purpose, acomplishment."

"That's the only thing left for me, brother. I will gladly walk into the sun if it perfected God's plan."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2016, 06:22:38 pm »

Joseph shakes his head, "your heart may no longer beat but you most certainly still live brother."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2016, 07:30:45 pm »

Joseph shakes his head, "your heart may no longer beat but you most certainly still live brother."
Anton shakes his head.

"I may walk, I may talk, I can even breath and make my heart beat. But that means nothing. Life is the ability to move foward, beyond the mortal shell. Our curse is stasis. There is no redemption for the vampire, brother, and so there can no life in it as well."

"But you can not understand this, brother. I am attuned to the Abyss. When I walk through, they greet me as a long lost child. No life comes from the Abyss, Joseph. No life comes from me."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2016, 02:25:50 am »

Brother Joseph takes this in for a second, then says - "As long as your soul can still be separated from your body, I'd say you've room left to die a little more brother. Stasis is a form of life, no matter how unpleasant."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up