Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton  (Read 119295 times)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton
« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2016, 11:01:37 pm »

Anton nods.
"Yes, and I know you refused him." Anton says. "But I am not asking for my own sake, at least not wholly for it. Replace his control with something worse if you feel the need, Boukephos. I will not be the killer of one of my blood. Not my children, not my sires."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2016, 11:09:19 pm »

"But you have already done that, don't you see? By your refusal to see Kiril's blasphemy, you do nothing to prevent Basilio's future rage. By your refusal to see your own blasphemy, you damn Joseph. By your refusal to see your weakness, you damn yourself and you let Gabor own you. You've already killed your blood, you've already killed the soul in your children, would you ask me to go back in time and change your decision? Such is not within my powers.

Or no, I shall stop feigning the fool - you ask me to excise Gabor from your soul, yes? To chain his influence? I will not do that. Basilio asked the same, he told me the Dacian would kill everyone he loved once he seized control, and I told him that I knew, and that was his burden to bear. I do the same to you.

Understand that I did not know Basilio would reconcile with the Dacian as he did. I thought he would go mad and have to be put down. His recovery was miraculous. This is the punishment for the greatest crime we are able to commit, Anton. It is kind compared to the punishment Caine doled out to his most beloved grandchilder."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2016, 11:25:42 pm »

"Caine did not punish his grand-childer for killing his beloved's enemies. He punished them for rebelling against those who cherished them. And even to them, he did not make them destroy themselves. Lasombra could not see his own reflection. He was not cursed to kill those he cared about." 

"I did not kill Basilio, I destroyed his foe. I was foolish in thinking I could control him, yes. But it is no way comparable to the betrayal of our sire."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 23, 2016, 01:16:27 pm »

"But you did not destroy your foe, did you? You gave him safe haven within yourself. It is your responsibility to deal with this, Anton. If you are too weak to handle the punishment for your crime, then you do not deserve to be Lasombra."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:12 pm »

"I do not see why it is a crime, Boukephos."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 23, 2016, 05:31:43 pm »

"It is the most evil thing any being can do to another. It is cruelty and evil on a scale that I cannot condone. It comes with a well-known price, and seeking out others to save you from your own weakness is a sign of unworthiness."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 23, 2016, 05:39:30 pm »

"Then at the very least, I destroyed my sire's foe." Anton says, and then pauses.

"If so, Boukephos, then I will not countinue to ask for you to cure me. I ask for your advice. Tell me the how, then perhaps I shall acomplish it. Is this too much to ask for?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 23, 2016, 05:44:39 pm »

"That," Boukephos says, "Is between you and the man whose soul you tried to destroy."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2016, 06:09:02 pm »

"You will not assist me in this at all then?" Anton asks.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 23, 2016, 06:09:58 pm »

"It is because of our shared blood that I do not destroy you," Boukephos says in answer.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 23, 2016, 06:15:22 pm »

"It is because of our shared blood that I do not destroy you," Boukephos says in answer.
"It is because of our shared blood that I ask of you this. Why Basilio sent me here."

"But I understand. Thank you for acting in my stead while I was away, Boukephos."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:19:37 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »

"Yes," Boukephos replies.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile