Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton  (Read 118247 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: The Knight's Foul Deed
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 07:59:27 pm »

"Thank you Anton, the Dark Queen was my sire's flagship before it was my own. It's undergone modifications to make it more effective in modern combat but the figurehead remains."

The Lasombra motions for his childe to follow.

"The entire thing was carved from the trunks of trees soaked in the abyss for a year. The shadows sucked the life out of the wood, leaving it blackened and dry. It took some work re-hydrating the wood enough for it to be used in construction but I feel it was well worth it. You should feel at home aboard it."

If Anton looked back, he would see the look of despair on Joseph's face.

"It's manned by a team of extremely old and experienced ghouls, the captain being myself and my sire before me. Some of the ghouls on this ship - the ones who have survived the ages and battles - are even older than I am. Treat them with respect."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2015, 03:23:29 pm »

"It's manned by a team of extremely old and experienced ghouls, the captain being myself and my sire before me. Some of the ghouls on this ship - the ones who have survived the ages and battles - are even older than I am. Treat them with respect."
"Truly?" Anton asks rehthorically, surprised. Rarely does one see kindred older then The Eldest, all the more so ghouls.
"I suppose the Dark Queen holds much history. One of the few times I regret not focusing on studying auspex." He then adds.

He then looks around the boat, and then out to the sea.
"You already know this, my lord, but I have never been out to sea. I am glad my first voyage shall be here, on the Queen, for it has been said that the Sea is the closest to the abyss one can get in this world."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2015, 06:02:43 pm »

"Indeed, it is only a pity we may not dive to it's very depths and see if the Abyss truly joins with our world. Terrible things inhabit the waters of this world my childe, it is why we must go out onto it so well armed in darkness."

Basilio leads Anton on board the ship. The wood, unlike that of a normal ship, does not creak under the waves or the strain of the Ashen Knight's weight. The entire thing is as silent as it is invisible.

On board the ship the crew is already hard at work preparing for takeoff, each of them moving with a surhuman speed and strength that Anton could not hope to match, with the practised ease of centuries. Even as they reach the back of the ship, where a powerfully built Black-skinned man waits for them, the crew finishes their work.

"Anton, this is the First Mate of the Dark Queen, Ekenedilichukwu, Eken for short. He has served on this ship for the past 1439 years."

Eken nods his head slightly to Basilio, his arms behind his back and small smile playing on his lips, he does the same (the nod slightly lesser) for Anton. No notice is given to the forlorn Joseph.

"Evening Captain, childe, where are we off to this fine night?"

The man's voice bears no hint of an accent and he speaks with a sophistication rarely seen of the savage races of the Africas. Of course, there are methuselah younger than he is, he has had an inordinate amount of time to learn.

"Constantinople Eken, my apologies for making you wait out here for all these years, it is time we take back to the seas."

"A pleasant prospect Captain, I shall notify the crew. Your cabin's been set up."

"Wonderful, thank you."

Basilio then takes a moment to stare out onto the sea from the heightened position. Anton sees that he has his Darksight active, and then looks for himself.

The sea shines with an almost heavenly light, rays bursting out of a crystal ocean, constantly moving and swaying in a wondrous canvas of interplaying light and mild darkness.

"Have you ever seen such beauty, Anton?" Basilio says, his voice strained.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 06:25:16 pm »

Anton gives a slight nod in defference to the aged ghoul. Someone so ancient must certainly know much about the clan and it's art, even if a savage. Certainly worthwhile bringinging it up on the journey.

"Only in the abyss, Basilio." Anton replies curtly, taking in the scene. He's begining to understand why he feels the pull. It's marvelous, before they even enter the depths.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »

"Then let us find peace amidst the waves of the Black Sea, so named for it's particular darkly imbued water. Even in the brightest of days its depths are black as our nights."

The following few weeks are spent in pleasant discussion and philosophy with Basilio and some of the members of the crew, most notably the ancient savage Eken, taking a quick but not urgent route to Constantinople.

Basilio seems to understand his childe's need to hurry, even though he clearly does wish to enjoy the trip personally.

Perhaps 10 days into the trip, when feeding had begun to become a worry - on a night where the moon was well-hidden, Anton watched as Basilio orchestrated a fatal raid on a nearby Italian vessel headed to Constantinople.

The Dark Queen sneaked right up next to the ship without a soul aboard the other noticing a thing. The crewmen boarded with a habitual silence that would make Heldric jealous and captured the merchant ship without ever having to draw a blade. The crew of the ship is currently in the stocks, to be sold into slavery somewhere in Byzantine and be used for feeding purposes.

Is there anything Anton should wish to do in particular during his trip with Basilio?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2015, 05:58:25 pm »

As the nights go by, as Anton becomes slowly accostomed to life on the ship, he recognizes his need to act. This may be the last time he sees his sire in many years, and certainly one of the few chances he will get to see the ship. But talking to The Eldest must wait. The most important always must.

He first heads to the first mate, the savage. He's withstood the test of time, something very few kindreds manage. His knowledge might be invaluable, even if tainted by a scorched mind.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2015, 06:06:09 pm »

From Anton's various observations he's deduced that Eken enjoys spending most of his time on a wooden-backed chair he places at the edge of the stern of the ship, where he spends long periods of time staring at the figurehead and keeping a passive eye on his crew.

He's to be found in his usual space when he goes to check.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 01:45:17 am »

Anton nods to the savage, as he puts down his own chair by his side. Perhaps the first step in not looking down on the savage is just that, not looking down. He then sits down.

"Greetings, Enken." The lasombra says, looking at the ghoul with a mixture of both confusion, respect, and revulsion.
"I had not introduced myself properly, before. I am Anton, prince of Krondast." He then adds.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:15 pm »

The ghoul looks at Anton with disdain.

"It's Eken, little one. Not a difficult shorthand, please do try to remember."

Not a good start.

The ghoul reaches below his seat and draws a tankard, into which he pours something from a stoppered bottle whose powerful smell immediately strikes Anton as being rum.

He drinks from the tankard, looking at Anton expectantly.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2015, 06:47:22 pm »

OOC; goddammit just because I cant name people doesnt mean anton cant. XD

Anton nods.
"Yes, Eken, I apologize. My hearing has never been very good." Anton says, before looking at the tankard.

"You run a proper ship, Eken. I doubt most, if any, Kindred can claim such impressive handling." He says.

"Lord Basilio stated that you have been around for almost 1500 years." Anton says.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2015, 11:54:59 pm »

Eken scoffs,

"I doubt most, if any, Kindred actually have the balls to wander the high seas. Excuse my language, but frankly other than you Lasombra there are very few of the undead in these waters - except for the occasional Mariner or Ghost Ship. You're the kings of the seas partly because you're the only ones who care for it, really - no one else considers it worth the risk of hunger."

He nods his head at Anton's mention of his age, then takes a deep, deep swig of his tankard.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2015, 02:06:53 am »

Anton winces a bit from the savage's wording, unused to such base words coming from a ghoul. It's certainly a different situation now. Had it been in Krondast, the ghoul would have had to be roasted alive. But here isn't his place, and at least the savage apologized for it.

"Yes, the lack of Kine to feed from certainly poses a danger, though I do wonder how satiating fish is. As a mortal, in the monastery, we were mostly fed fish, chicken if lucky. Certainly not something I miss once I was changed." Anton says with a nod.

"Though I suspect that in the near future things might change. Controlling the Ocean means controlling trade, in this world."

He then looks at the ship and the well trained crew.
"When did you first set out to sea, Eken? Was it with Basilio's sire?"
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:13:18 am by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2015, 05:54:06 pm »

"By all accounts, it's absolute trash," Eken says in reply to Anton's mention of fish.

"Though he'll kill you if you even imply he'd do such a thing, Erasmo said it was worse than drinking the blood of rats."

Another swig. For a second, Anton gets the impression the ghoul is drinking so deeply because he dislikes him. Of course not, that couldn't possibly be the case! Anton is so likeable!

"No, not with Erasmo, but with his sire before him."

Wait a second - that's not right. Rusty gears start turning in Anton's head - Anton is of the seventh generation, Basilio is of the 6th generation - so if Erasmo is his sire, he has to be 5th. Which would make Erasmo's sire... Boukephos? Could this man have served under that ancient black god?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:19:38 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2015, 04:02:38 am »

Anton's rarely seen intelligence quickly makes the deduction, which quickly makes Anton furrow his brown in surprise.

"Wait, you served under Lord Boukephos?" Anton asks, awe from the possibility slowly eroding the dislike of the savage.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »

Eken shakes his head.

"Not so, I suppose Basilio has never told you? He was originally of the 7th generation, he earned his current proximity to Caine through the diablerie of a Tzimisce elder - yet another reason they hate him so greatly. Erasmo's sire was one of Lord Boukephos' esteemed - and perhaps his most noble - childe, Marcellus Rufus. Not to speak ill of Zarathustra or Goeffrey, of course, but Marcellus was a miner slave for barbarians before he was turned, he learnt suffering well."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2015, 04:13:29 pm »

"Huh." Anton mutters as he hears the sudden revealation.

"So you first set out with Lord Marcellus? Was he on this very ship?" Anton asks, curiosity driving him.

"And he was a miner slave? I always thought the Lord was born noble." Anton then adds. The Via Noctis requires it's desciples to be from the dregs of the earth first, so a Lasombra such as that is not improbable, but for Marcellus, the childe of Boukephos (OOC: Who Aman knows nothing about and would love a quick description so his questions dont sound lime those of an ignoramace,), that was unthinkable.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:00:39 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2015, 04:24:46 pm »

Eken waves his hand about - "The ship is constantly remade and reconstructed. It's changed greatly over the years but the bones of the hull and the figurehead are indeed the same ones that Marcellus originally constructed with the help of Boukephos."

Eken plays about with his now empty tankard, before adding some more of the sweet-smelling rum into it, emptying the bottle he'd brought out.

It then occurs to Anton that the rum must not be purely rum at all - for a ghoul as old as Eken no liquid could possibly give him any sort of pleasure - save, of course, for that one special make that only the dead can offer...

He starts speaking loftily, as if telling a great tale.

"Lord Marcellus was born as the son of a roman merchant family. He grew bored with the urban lifestyle and decided to join the roman military but he was inexperienced in the basic three areas -gambling, drinking and whoring. He soon found himself indebted, addicted to wine and with many rivals for the favor of a particular courtesan.

With the foolish assumption that his family name would protect him, Rufus was caught by surprise when his enemies decided to consolidate their power and caught him. He was sold into slavery to the mines of Las Medulas, everyone believing that he had been slain by a barbarian raid.

Although most slaves succumbed to the heavy tasks and the cruel taskmasters, Rufus thrived, holding himself against the mythical tales of conduct of his family, refusing to die like a slave. This mindset proved to be his salvation, when Boukephos visited the mines and was impressed by his noble bearing and his concentrated mind."

Eken sets the bottle down and starts drinking from his tankard again.

"You shouldn't be too surprised. The old ones may be akin to gods, but you were all mortals at some point."

He sets aside the tankard, half empty now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:01:15 pm by Aman »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2015, 11:04:04 pm »

"So when did Marcellus bring you to the fold?" Anton asks, wondering.

"And did you know Basilio from before the dialberi?" He then adds, betraying his interest in the topic. "What happened?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2015, 10:18:25 am »

Eken downs the rest of the tankard so fast Anton wonders if he even has a need to swallow.

"Marcellus bought me and 99 other slaves to serve as the crew to this ship."

Strange - there are only a few dozen crew members on this ship, and none of them as old as Eken. What happened to all the others?

"Of course I knew him before the diablerie, I'm more than twice his age! It nearly drove him mad it did. The woman he killed - a right vicious bitch - well, she didn't quite die. Stayed in his head, tortured him for years, he nearly killed himself. You won't see the scars anymore - he crafted them away - but he threw himself into a fire after 40 years of dealing with her, tried to burn the pain away. Erasmo and I saved him, of course. It got bad enough that we tried to get Boukephos to fix him up, but the old man either couldn't or wouldn't do it.

The real scary times came when she would fight with him over control of his body. You'd see him jerk around and shake and sometimes even fight his own shadows for control. Left him a changed man."

Anton wonders briefly where Basilio had learned to flesh craft - he has never displayed the skill - but remembers he must have gotten it from... Whoever this woman was.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2015, 02:18:26 pm »

Eken downs the rest of the tankard so fast Anton wonders if he even has a need to swallow.

"Marcellus bought me and 99 other slaves to serve as the crew to this ship."

Strange - there are only a few dozen crew members on this ship, and none of them as old as Eken. What happened to all the others?
"If you don't mind me asking, Eken, what happebed to the others? And when did you rise to be the overseer of the whole ship?"
"Of course I knew him before the diablerie, I'm more than twice his age! It nearly drove him mad it did. The woman he killed - a right vicious bitch - well, she didn't quite die. Stayed in his head, tortured him for years, he nearly killed himself. You won't see the scars anymore - he crafted them away - but he threw himself into a fire after 40 years of dealing with her, tried to burn the pain away. Erasmo and I saved him, of course. It got bad enough that we tried to get Boukephos to fix him up, but the old man either couldn't or wouldn't do it.

The real scary times came when she would fight with him over control of his body. You'd see him jerk around and shake and sometimes even fight his own shadows for control. Left him a changed man."

Anton wonders briefly where Basilio had learned to flesh craft - he has never displayed the skill - but remembers he must have gotten it from... Whoever this woman
"I never saw Basilio shake like what you described..." Anton says, furrowing his brow. "Did he overcome her spirit, then?"

"So when Basilio devoured her, he learnt the tzmisce's fleshcrafting?" He adds.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:24 pm »

"They're all dead."

Eken places his empty tankard down to the floor of the ship and looks away from Anton, out into the sea.

The moon was out in full tonight. Anton would have preferred the pure darkness reminiscent of the Abyss but even he cannot deny that the moonlight ocean aboard the comparatively diminutive vessel was stunning.

"I became first mate after the fourth first mate was eaten by sharks."

He reaches out to the railing, grabbing hold of it and breathing in deeply.

"I know what you're thinking, and I know what you're going to ask. Why, out of those 100 slaves, am I the one still here, living, breathing, talking to you?"

He lets out his breath.

"You know what i've seen kill more of my kind than anything else in the time i've been alive? It's not pirates or raiders or lupines or sharks or fire or whatever the hell's out there killing vamps and their servants like they'll never get to do it again. It's suicide. At one point or another, we get bored with life or are so sad about the thing we call life right now that we just give it all up. The blood messes with the mind, and we weren't meant for the Beast your blood gives us. We weren't meant to still be able to love and feel pain and be human the way we are, yet still deal with your dread curse.

It's a hell of a deal to be given, especially for the strong and the ambitious. When they realize this is all they'll ever get, when they realize they hate what their life's become - they decide to move on to the next one. They know it's there, after all."

Eken plays briefly with his hands.

"You know why i'm not a vampire, despite the fact that I'm older than some of your best known elders? No ambition. No desire for power or control. No need for anything like that. You Lasombra only embrace the most ambitious, the most power-hungry, the worst of the worst, the best of the best, whatever the hell you want to call it. I never had any of that. The ones who did, they died early. The first four first mates."

The big man leans back into his chair.

"The one before me - eaten by sharks, remember? He jumped into the water, got devoured by those monsters that always follow us around. He probably knew what would happen.

I was just a deckhand, but all the more qualified men were dead. I was given the position, I never took it. I'm used to it now but that's the key to living forever Anton. You can't want anything more out of life, because you'll never get it."

"I never saw Basilio shake like what you described..." Anton says, furrowing his brow. "Did he overcome her spirit, then?"

"So when Basilio devoured her, he learnt the tzmisce's fleshcrafting?" He adds.

"Yeah, eventually. Think he managed to overcome her about twenty years before he sired you and Kiril. You know, I think he struck a deal with her in his head to do what he did. Can you tell me what city she used to be Prince of - before another Tzimisce took her place?

Yeah, he learnt it - and quite a few other things as well. Seems right that he never told you about it. He tries not to use those powers, says it gives her a stronger hold on him."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2015, 06:07:20 pm »

"No ambition?" Anton asks, practically unable to understand such a thing. "No hopes, dreams? Nothing? At this poiny you may be one of the strongest ghouls around. Youve had enough time to do anything you'd want. Literally anything. How could you possibly not want anything?!"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:15 pm »

Eken chuckles to himself, "Maybe I've just given up in a different way than they did."

He smacks his own knee, adding a sense of finality to what he says next - "Enough of this, will you answer my question or not?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:58:22 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:59 am »

Anton considers for a monent.
"Bistritz. Basilio must have had some connection with Lord Radu at some point, and it's certainly not Sofia." Anton answers.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2015, 08:57:11 am »

Eken shakes his head.

"She was Prince of Sofia. Sometimes I think the reason Basilio loved it so much was because she did as well. Might be the reason he intended to leave you know."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:59 am »

"Then how could Gabor come to power if Basilio already removed the Tzmisce?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2015, 11:51:47 am »

"You think it is an easy task to seize a city in the heart of Bulgaria when all its residents despise you? Gabor rose to the occasion as the terrible lady's childe and held the city long as he could from the good Prince."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 11:54:32 am »

"I suppose." Anton replies.

"So Gabor is of the 7th generation?" Anton then asks.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 11:35:58 pm »

Eken shrugs,

"How should I know? Generation is not something freely bandied about, Anton. Too many temptations offered that way. Why the interest?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2015, 02:59:44 am »

Eken shrugs,

"How should I know? Generation is not something freely bandied about, Anton. Too many temptations offered that way. Why the interest?"
"Mostly to know if I could control him." Anton replies, and then looks at Eken, and pauses.

"And certainly, the temptation is there." Anton then retorts.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2015, 12:48:49 pm »

Eken closes his eyes and lays his head back against the railing.

"A lot of elders you respect would be disgusted with you, they'd tell that by giving into that temptation you would damn yourself worse than anything god could ever have done. That you'd stain your soul black with evil. That you'd be a worse monster than Caine was when he killed Able. They'd be full of shit. Just trying to scare you out of it because they want to keep their power to themselves."

"Basilio might have different thoughts on the matter though. He's more likely to tell you the truth than even Boukephos would. Speak to him about it sometime."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2015, 02:38:55 am »

"Eken, my entire purpose in unlife is to become the most vile of creatures, to remove any trace of humanity left in my blood. I am damned, Eken, and the words of those Elders would simply spur me onwards." Anton says simply, without any trace of happiness or sadness from that fact.

"The only question now is whether or not it would be worthwhile to do so, and if it will not distract me from the path, and I suspect that Basilio will hold that answer." Anton says.

He then looks at the Ghoul, and nods.
"Thank you for entertaining my questions, Eken. It was certainly enlightening, in many ways." He says, having finished what he set out to do. Assuming Eken has nothing else to say, he'll head to Brother Joseph (OOC: to finally listen to his backstory. XD)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 11:57:28 am »

Eken shakes his head.

"No one wants to be a monster Anton. Not really, in the end. But do as you will, it was a pleasure speaking."

Searching about the ship, it is not long before Anton finds brother Joseph clinging to the sides of the ship at the center, heaving and retching over the rails.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:28 pm »

"Brother." Anton says, a slight chuckle following.

"I know little of such things, but I can only assume watching the sea shake would only worsen your conditon."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2015, 07:29:19 pm »

"Oh no", brother Joseph says bitterly.

"It just makes  - ugh, eurgh!"

Joseph heaves over the side of the boat again. It has not been a pleasant trip for him.

It occurs to Anton that Joseph's constant seasickness means that he might have been vomiting out whatever blood Anton has given him. Perhaps this is contributing to his current, terrible condition?

"Everything better, bro- ugh - brother."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2015, 03:14:41 am »

"Well, the ocean is particularly beatiful tonight." He says, as he steps over to the rails, side by side with the monk, tearing off a bit of skin by his wrists.

"Drink, brother. This should ease your sickness."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:17 pm »

Joseph lets himself collapse to the ground, sitting with his back against the rails, sweating profusely from his unwilling efforts just at the moment.

"Could you give me a second brother? I'd rather not heave away your gift mere moments after it is given."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2015, 11:19:24 am »

Anton nods.
"I suppose I should ask Lord Basilio if he knows of any remedies for your illness." Anton states.

"But drink. I wish to speak to you now, and I can hardly do so with you vomiting constantly. My gift will hardly be wasted."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2015, 09:04:01 pm »

Joseph drags himself along by the railing and drinks feebly from Anton's wrist - though he almost seems to grow stronger as he suckles from Anton's arm.

When done he sits back and speaks, his voice not quite as weak, not quite as rasping as before. He sits with his head back to the wood of the rails.

"To what do I owe the pleasure brother Anton?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 04:28:02 am »

Anton smiles.
"The gift is for your performance during my brief visit to Lord Basilio." Anton states. "You did quite well, brother. There are none I know who would have done better."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2015, 05:59:22 am »

Joseph nearly chokes on his laughter,

"Performance? Brother, I didn't say a word!"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:07:24 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 07:39:26 am »

"Brother, it matters not if you spoke, or if you sequestered yourself, hidden. It is actions that matter, it is the fact that you did not shy away from your responsibility." Anton says.

"I know you still question this path, the idea that the good Lord has sent the Kindred to drive back his flock, as wolves hunt sheep. And that is not a sin, to question our purpose. It is only a sin to ignore it." He says, and then turns around.

"Follow me, brother." He says, heading to his cabin.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 05:09:31 pm »

Joseph stumbles along after Anton, keeping hold of whatever he can to stay upright when he inevitably begins to shift and tumble on the deck.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2015, 03:17:38 am »

Anton considers taking the longest possible route to the cabin, but decides against it, and slowly walks to the cabin, allowing Joseph to keep up pace.

Once inside, he'll take a seat, and instruct Joseph to do the same.
"Brother, do you know why I have taken you here?" Anton asks, rehetorically.

"As a rule, I do not take an interest in Kine, the children of The Lord. I do not care for their loves, hopes, dreams and past. All that matters to me is that they put trust in the Lord. Anything else is trivial. I am not their Shepherd, I am their wolf. And the wolf does not befriend the herd."

"But you, brother, you have proven yourself worthy of attention. As Someone willing to do his duty without complaints. So now, I believe I must look away, and deal with who you truly are."

Anton then pauses.
"Now, brother, why did you not wish to kill the wolf?"

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2015, 11:33:31 pm »

Joseph looks at Anton a long time before responding.

"It did not deserve to die. Brother Anton, that wolf was no monster, it was a pure creature of God pressed into service to one. It was sad and twisted and broken. But it did not deserve to die."

The connection here is not lost to Anton.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

Anton nods.
"I can see why you would think so, brother. But you fail to understand. The wolf was corrupted, tainted by the Caninite's orders. If you ever learn the way, you should talk to my steed. Then you could understand. They take after their owners. The wolf may not have been evil, but a knife that has tasted blood will taste it again, brother, and there was nothing you could do to change that."

"The Good Lord gave the Kine the chance for redemption, not the animals. They do not have that ability. They do not get that chance."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2015, 11:06:47 pm »

"What chance do any of us have then, when we are so bound?" Joseph asks quietly.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2015, 05:07:19 am »

Anton shakes his head.
"I can not tell you the way, brother. You must find It yourself." He expresses.

"Perhaps, even, there is no way. But you must look for it, all the same."

"When I was damned by Basilio, I searched for an answer. I was a priest who wanted to bring religion to these pagan lands. The Lord gave me my wish, but I had to sacrifice everything else. The Lord brought you into my service for a reason. Pray that you find it swiftly."

"Who were you, brother, when Lord Basilio took you? Perhaps that will help you find your way."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:54:30 pm by Aman »

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »

Joseph lays his head down on his shoulder and closes his eyes.

"I was a sworn brother of the knight's templar."

He breathes deeply and shakily for a second, before continuing.

"I have been butcher and priest and brother and servant in God's name, brother Anton. I have killed more men than I can count. I fought in the last years of the first crusade and butchered the Saracens in the name of our good Lord. I helped seize Jerusalem and bloodied its streets with the life of the... the infidel."

It takes a good second for Anton to realize Joseph is crying.

"I was a warrior of renown. I was admired. People called out my name in appreciation. I was one of God's chosen, they said. Do you know what it is to be known only for the pain and the suffering you've caused, when you were supposed to be a good man, Ashen Knight of Sofia?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2015, 05:47:08 pm »

Anton looks at the monk, and waits in silence until the monk calms down. He puts hs hand onto the monk's shoulder, letting his icy hand cool Joseph, and then speaks;
"Brother, I was a child questing for the good lord before. I was to bring the glory of God into this world. Now I am a damned monster. I had dreams of bringing everyone to the Lord with love. Now I bring them back with cruelty. When I first turned, I thought the same thoughts. I was to be a good man! I was a good man!"

"But now I understand the truth, Brother. There are no 'good' men in this world. There are only those who follow The Lord, and those who run against him. If you did what the Lord wanted, then you are good. Even if you do it kicking and screaming. It matters not what you did, but for who, brother."

"Who did you kill for, Brother? Yourself? Or for God?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up