Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton  (Read 114888 times)

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
The Knight's Foul Deed - Anton
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:45:17 pm »

"You and Husayn will kill Gabor for putting this price on my head. Don't look so surprised, Husayn told me everything before he attacked. Then you will let Husayn go free of his debt to me with my blessing."

1199, February 5th, 11:40 PM
Krondstadt,
Domain of the Dark Lord Anton Petrov Veranin

It has been 11 nights since Husayn's death, 8 nights since Kiril's annointment by Boukephos at Sofia, 7 nights since Anton has returned to Krondstadt in the company of a rebuilt Desiderio, a grieving Basilio and an incomprehensible Boukephos.

Even now that Boukephos dwells within his city, Anton cannot remember the slightest thing about the man. He's been rather secretive, Anton can barely remember anything about him at Kiril's coronation. All that he can truly recall is something like a living avatar of the abyss coming to Sofia. He can remember the fear, respect and abject awe in the faces of the other kindred of Sofia as they layed eyes on whatever ancient horror came to grant Kiril its blessing.

Basilio says Boukephos is keeping himself hidden from everyone because he does not yet believe it is time to introduce himself to his great grandchilder in full. Anton could say little of the matter, for some reason he had no inclination to do so.

At Krondstadt much the same happened with the Teutonic Order. The knights there bowed the knee to Anton, and though Anton knows they will still not follow his orders, he knows he is safe of any machinations that they may have had planned to dethrone him.

Ancients really can work wonders.

Boukephos is still in the city - despite the fact that the elder seemingly has the ability to take himself anywhere in the world, it seems he has been staying here for the time being. Every Cainite in the city can feel it.

In the days Anton has been back at his city he has been given time to arrange matters for his disappearance, manage his ghouls, hear about new events and deal with his other princely duties.

Soon, however, he must leave to accomplish the task Basilio gave him. Husayn may be dead, but Gabor still lived. It was the loyal child's duty to end the threat to his master's life.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:35:26 pm by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Knight's Foul Deed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 12:33:57 am »

Anton rises from his seat, and raises his hand, drawing one of the Shades he keeps in his sanctum to him.

"Bring me Joseph." He commands, as his hand touches the darkness from the abyss.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:56 am »

The shade flits away into the darkness, through the hidden door out of Anton's haven and upstairs, where brother Joseph stood guard. The ghoul was busy "overlooking" father Damien's confessions, likely to make sure the father did not take advantage of his powers of confession. Save what he would tell Anton, of course.

Though he would never admit it, Father Damien was much less of a holy man than Joseph or Thomas. He was much more likely to abuse his power, and the Beast given to him by Anton's blood posed quite the temptation.

The shadow passes on the message to Joseph, making shadows gather into the shape of words in Latin along walls illuminated by a nearby torch.

The monk descends. Soon after having sent his message, Anton sees him enter through the door.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:56:46 am by Drakilian »

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:30:17 am »

"Brother." Anton states, letting his voice guide the blinded monk.

"I have been given Lord Basillio's final request; eliminate his foe, Gabor the Tzimisce. You are to accompany me."

"The trip shall be long, but eliminating Gabor shall be swift. He is in Constantinople, though obviously still wishing to return to Sofia. He will not have planted roots there, though he shall likely know that someone is coming for him. Bring provisions, candles and a criminal who has not paid his due. I shall make arrangements for the time we are away."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 01:38:40 pm »

"Constantinople? Brother, that is nearly three months away by the fastest ship in the most favourable seas. You will be abandoning your seat for over half a year. Are you sure of this? Basilio could find someone else."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

"Brother, Gabor is a kindred who betrays his mission, and dared to strike against those of the Via Noctis. He must be eliminated, by my hands, no one else." Anton states.

"But fret not, it will not be nearly that long, I suspect. It is good. This will be your first voyage into the abyss." Anton states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »

Joseph looks confused, and rightfully so.

"Voyage into the abyss? What do you mean, brother Anton?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »

"Among mystics, there exists a ritual beyond that of drawing forth shades, or peering into the darkness. It is the act of physically moving through the abyss." Anton explains.

"I trust that of the abyss mystics among us, one of them has seen Constantinople, and would grace us with a short trip."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 07:11:57 pm »

Joseph appears displeased at the thought of wandering the abyss. Familiar as the ghoul was with Obtenebration, it was still a disconcerting power. Wandering the place form whence it originated was not truly a welcome repast, and would perturb even many Lasombra.

"Is there anything else then, brother?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:05:38 pm »

"Steel yourself for the journey, brother. It is a gift for a job well done while I was away." Anton states.

"Now go, I must convene with Desidrio."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 10:27:05 pm »

"What happened in Sofia?" Joseph asks uncertainly, his curiosity plain.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 11:10:52 pm »

Anton nods.
"I suppose you should know. Gabor, the kindred we are to exterminate, had Husayn try and kill Basilio. He failed, due to his warning, but fell in the fight. That is all." He explains, keeping Kiril's action hidden.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 04:36:20 pm »

"Why would Husayn do such a thing?" Joseph asks, confused. Their friendship was not a secret.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 06:19:58 pm »

"I believe Husayn felt honorbound to fulfill his contract, and acted even against his own wishes." Anton says, "It is something to learn from, Brother. No matter what, we are bound in contract to Christ. Even if his service requires us to do what we can not want, we must act."

"That is what sets us from the rabble. The pact we of the Via Noctis have made is what we keep to. We always defer to it, and we sacrifice ourselves to further Christ's goal."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 07:17:43 pm »

"I... I see. Thank you brother."

Joseph leaves the room, soon Desiderio wanders in, almost as if he hadn't been called. The mystic was still Anton's superior (and given the difference in age, might very well be his superior forever). At the very least, he was a powerful enough elder within Anton's city that the knight have been much more uncomfortable if the mystic wasn't his own mentor, and the one who had introduced him to the Via Noctis.

Desiderio eyes the shadows that infest Anton's lair. He'd been impressed with his pupil's progress in working with the abyss. Anton was much younger than Desiderio, his mind still free of the cobwebs of generations.

"Joseph said you needed my help, Anton?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 09:07:41 pm »

"Yes, Lord Desidrio. Basilio has ordered me to eliminate Gabor, the tzimisce." Anton explains to his mentor.

"As such, I have two requests I must make of you. The first is simple. While I am gone, I will need another to take control. I can think of none other then you. No one else has the same vision that you have taught me." Anton states. While other vampires might worry about handing over control to an elder, Anton does not worry. Desidrio seemed to have no interest in rulership. The only fear would be that he rejects the request.

"As for my second, I must ask if it would not be too much if you could transport Brother Joseph and I to Constantinople. I do not wise to leave my position for such a long time, even in the hands of one as capable as you."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 03:20:33 pm »

Desiderio looks displeased.

"You cannot pass on the duty to anyone else?"

Clearly Anton's intuition was correct, the Mystic had no ambitions to rule. Likely the day-to-day tediums of ruling interrupted his own studies into the abyss.

"As for your second request, you will not need to worry about that. You will have a way back from Constantinople, though Basilio wishes to take you with him to experience the sea for the first half of the trip. We all feel the call of the earth's abyss, the never-ending depths of the ocean; black, cold and humbling, as close to our home as we can find here. Basilio wants to share it with you, at least until Constantinople."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »

Anton nods. While it is not preferable, seeing the sea would be useful to understand the true abyss. One day

"None that I can trust, Lord. Especially not for this length of time." Anton states. "Krondastant will be the home of the Via Noctis. I can not leave it in the hands of any other."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:56 pm »

Another hum of dissatisfaction.

"Very well, I shall watch over Krondstadt while you are gone. Is there anything else?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 09:03:31 pm »

Anton nods.
"Thank you, Desidrio. And no, that would be all."

The next step is too bring in the Fathers. Father Damien will not be an issue, but Thomas must be watched over.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 10:37:03 pm »

Joseph brings in Father Thomas first, father Damien is out in the city and is much farther away.

The man enters, dressed in priestly robes whilst sporting a golden cross and fine leather sandals, along with some other accessories of worth. He has a fiery look in his eye but having gone through priestly training Anton recognizes it as one of the many expressions priests would adopt to help carry their lordly message.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:11 am »

"Father Thomas. You should know not to bring a cross into this decadent room." Anton states, quickly removing his darksight, before countinuing.

"Brother Joseph and I shall be leaving Krondast for a time. Lord Desidrio will make sure everything is being done properly, during my absence."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 02:44:55 pm »

"Apologies, brother Anton."

The father quickly puts away his cross, though Anton still feels rather uneasy. All his brothers and priests still wear crosses, even Joseph. They just make efforts to hide them from Anton.

"Of course brother Anton." The priests says, not quite getting the message behind Anton's declaration. The man would admit he was corrupt when Anton died of old age.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 06:17:36 pm »

"Good." Anton states. At some point he will have to fix this issue, but not now.

"He will be me, and I expect you to treat him as you treat me, Thomas."

"That will be all."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 05:15:42 pm »

Thomas leaves and Damien soon comes after, in much more ragged and threadbare but still proudly worn robes. The man was happy to be a servant of Christ, and did his service as well as any could hope for. Anton passes on the same message to him and the priest departs in turn.

Is there anyone else Anton would like to see?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »

OOC: I hope not! XD

Finishing his buisness, Anton heads to his sire. Brother Joseph should be ready for the travel soon.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 05:26:41 pm »

Looking about for his sire Anton finds out that Basilio had left already, headed for his ship - the Dark Lady - which had taken anchor waiting for him in the far away port city of Constanta.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:26 pm »

Realizing this, Anton goes to find Joseph, and inform him of their current passage to Constantinople. They need to be ready for a trip to Constanta as well.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 05:39:39 pm »

"We will not walk through the abyss?" Joseph asks, confusedly, though Anton notes with a hint of relief.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »

"Unfortunately not, Brother. We will head to Constantinople by boat, accompanying Basilio on the first part of his journey." Anton states.

"Lord Desidrio will be taking care of things while we are gone."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 07:11:45 pm »

"And the trip to Constanta?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 07:20:56 pm »

"We should leave promptly. Lord Basilio will meet us there."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »

"Ah. Well then, I suppose it is time..."

Joseph stands, already in his travelling robe. Anton, despite his horrendous perception, notices the tip of a sheathe poking out from under Joseph's robes.

Again he wonders when Joseph became a swordsman. He certainly fought better than most other warriors the Lasombra had dealt with.

On the way to the castle stables Anton finds himself intercepted by a rather unnerving yet handsome man dressed in the finery of a spanish lord. The few others out right now appear not to see him, and he seems indistinct even to Anton.

Anton soon recognizes him as one of the servants Boukephos keeps with him, though he does not know the man's name.

"Great-Grandchilde Anton," The man's voice is sly and low, with a low rasp to it, like that of a man whose voice was taken from him.

"I have been informed that you are ready for travel. I will take you to Constanta, and reunite you with Basilio."

Joseph gapes at the man, and Anton might find it hard not to do the same. This most definitely was not Boukephos - perhaps a possession of some sort?

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2015, 12:36:49 am »

Anton is certainly surprised by his Grandsire's possessed servant, though more so by his apperance rather then existance. Lord Boukephos has shown a mastery of Dominate far greater then that of Basilio or Anton.

"That would be greatly appreciated, my lord." Anton states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »

Boukephos waves a hand towards the shadows cast by a nearby building.

"Through there is Constanta. Till next time, Anton."

With a brief smile, Boukephos' servant steps into a nearby shadow and disappears.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2015, 05:28:20 pm »

Anton nods, thankfully, and heads towards the Shadow.
"We are truly fortunate, Brother Joseph. You get to travel the Abyss anyways." Anton says, glad.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »

Brother Joseph grimaces.

"It seems I will."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2015, 09:58:55 pm »

"Do not fear, Brother. The Abyss is terrifying only to those who lack resolve. If you are certain in your path, this shall be no danger." Anton states.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2015, 01:27:36 am »

Joseph's grimace doesn't waver for a second, but he follows Anton when the Ashen Knight steps through the alley's shadows and into the Abyss.

Wind howls across an endless plain, entirely shrouded in darkness.

To one unaccustomed, the Abyss breathes a corrupt malice one would imagine to be found only in Hell. Anton can feel Joseph undergoing that realization when he steps in, can feel the trembling as fear overtakes the monk.

Ancient death fills the air, an empty world that has never known life and yet hums with cold malice surrounds the two travelers. Shadows streak across the endless plain, invisible, as much a part of the world as they are living beings.

In Anton's eyes, the plain is a blindingly bright, warm, glowing land that fills him to his very core. He breathes in the stuff of shadows, his dead lungs rejoicing in the feel of the void.

Shadows cling to the knight, and many eagerly crowd the entrance from whence he came. They crawl about him like eager pets looking for affection from their master. None come near the monk, though it is clear he senses their presence, for he almost collapses from fear.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »

"Do not fret, Brother Joseph. There is nothing to fear here, it is our rightful place." Anton states.

"Do you feel the pull of the Abyss Brother? Breath it in. We must bask in the darkness The Lord granted us."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2015, 08:58:02 pm »

Joseph speaks hesitantly, his voice weak and almost lost in the shifting darkness.

Shadows edge closer to the monk, sensing his reluctance and his fear, relishing in his pain.

"If this.. if this is a place of the lord, then it is only that which he has forsaken, brother."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »

"And what am I, Brother? What are all those of Caine?" Anton asks, gazing the endless light of the Abyss.

"Us of Caine have been forsaken from the Lord's kingdom. But we do his bidding, and make sure the world is ready for his return.

"The abyss is our home, Brother. It is where we belong. We are forced outside these shadows for a singular purpose, that of redeeming His flock."

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 11:59:39 pm »

Brother Joseph does not reply just yet. His unspoken response is clear, though Anton knows he would never say it aloud.

"You've been forsaken brother. I have not."

Shadows revel in the tension between master and slave. They sense bloodshed, so eager are they to mete out death - or be in its presence.

After a moment, Joseph speaks - "We should leave soon brother. This realm is grows weary of me."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:06 am »

Anton smiles.
"Yes, I suppose so." He states, and then silently whispers the city's name.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »

A moment later Anton and Joseph both take a step out into an unfamiliar alleyway. A hapless drunk groans briefly on the ground besides them both, but his eyes to not open.

The abyss creaks open once more and shadows cry out in glee as they see their freedom at hand. Darkness prepares to enter the world beyond the gate, only to be held back by prison's grasp. Shadows scream at the injustice.

As the two things step through the gate back to their world, silence once more falls upon the eternal plain.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »

Anton looks to Brother Joseph, before kicking the drunk lightly, and staring into his eyes.
"Lead us to the Docks." He commands, forcing his will upon the sinner.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 04:17:25 pm »

The drunk is shaken awake by Anton's boot. He reaches to the side for a rock to (try to) bash in the vampire's skull but is instantly locked in by Anton's eyes.

He gets up and begins walking away.

It doesn't take Anton long to get to the docks, the abyssal portal had deposited him very close by - it's a short 30 second walk for him to find his master's ship. Of course, there is absolutely no doubt as to which of the ships is that of his sire.

The figurehead is that of a ghostly woman carved from ebony-coloured wood wearing a dress that seems to flow freely in the ocean breeze. Anton suspects that the visual illusion is merely (if such could be said of such artfully beautiful decor) the product of shadows made to play around the woman's figure.

On her expertly carved head lays something like a delicately woven wreath that seems to breathe and grow and live even while being carved of the same wood that makes up her figure. No doubt another product of shadowy illusions.

Her face is imperious, proud and beautiful, with eyes that seem to draw the gazer into the depths of the abyss.

The ship itself seems to have been carved from the very same wood as that of the figurehead, the ship being entirely black and almost impossible to see in the night, visible only to Anton because of his special visual prowess. The thing is a sleek and powerful affair, reminding the Lasombra of nothing more than the shadows he sometimes communes with from his dark realm. Of course, a Lasombra's ship should specialize in nighttime raids.

The Dark Queen, Basilio the Elder's flagship, lies in wait.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 11:10:12 am »

Anton smiles as he looks upon the Dark Queen in her beauty. It certainly seems more impressive then almost anything Lord Basilio has displayed before. Truly a masterful ship, simply from the outside.

"It is almost certainly a frivolity, this ship, Brother, but it is truly impressive." He remarks, before looking to the drunkard.

"It would likely be rude to bring such a stain onto this ship." He says, before gripping the drunkard by the shoulder, and turning him around towards the knight.

"Leave to the church and confess your sins. I do not have time, nor jurisdiction to grant you direct access to the Future Kingdom." Anton commands, and then proceeds to gead onto the ship.

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2015, 07:10:54 pm »

The drunk stumbles off into the dark, incoherently mumbling as he does so.

"What ship, brother Anton?" Joseph asks, unable to the see the flagship - despite its size - in the dark.

He, however, follows without question when Anton starts walking. When they are 20 feet from the ship, Joseph gasps in realization - then quietly says, almost to himself - "A pirate's ship from hell."

Looking towards the gangplank, Anton sees Basilio personally waiting for him, a sorrowful smile across his face.

"Good to see you again Anton. I trust your journey was a safe one?"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

"Of course, sire." Anton says with a smile. "A trip through the abyss can never be unpleasent for one of it's own."

"Come, brother. There's nothing to fear here." Anton says to the monk, as he walks up on the ship.

"I knew not that you had such a vessel, Basilio. It is truly magnificent."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up