Bounty Head Bebop Comlink

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BountyHeadBebop.com | BHB Hardcopy Available at IPR | BHB Products Now Available On-Site | Free Preview Here | GenCon 2015!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem  (Read 169229 times)

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
Re: Small Fry with a Side O’ Mayhem
« Reply #550 on: November 01, 2015, 12:53:53 pm »

Gilbert finds nothing on the net under that particular moniker.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 01, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »

"Genny's, keep talking, we might be able to help you destroy it but only if you keep calm..."

Then "Butch, stop the car."

Assuming he does so, and that she gets a reasonable answer from Genny's, she says "Gilbert, get off with Genny's and Tubbs and find somewhere safe. Keep an eye on us through the camera drons. And get rid of this thing following is already."

Then to Butch - "Let's get back and fix this..."

The hell'd we have to disable the bomb anyway?
Butch mutters, and turns the car around.
"Fine. We'll blow up the machine if you want."

"Ethel, how did you disable it? Is there still c4 on the centirfuge?"

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 01, 2015, 01:19:44 pm »

That definitely ain't dairy equipment.

Ethel smiles at the camera with two thumbs up, meanwhile pondering whether saving the strip club was a good idea. "It was, uh, nerve-racking Cold Rock. But what do you want with the washing machine? Don't you want Genny?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 01, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »

"You guys got him. I knew you would haha!" Cold Rock laughs as he and his team exit the basement.

His men load the machine in the armored white limo and prepare to leave.

"Hey - " Cold Rock asks Simon and Ethel, "You guys need a lift? We can take you to the spaceport if you like."

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 01, 2015, 01:30:06 pm »

Butch meanwhile, drives back toward the Friendly Kitty as fast as the blown-to-hell two-and-a-half-tired pickup truck will go...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 01, 2015, 01:31:48 pm »

Crystal just looks on frustratedly.

"Just... follow him I guess. We'll have to pick up Simon and Ethel when they leave."

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 01, 2015, 01:33:54 pm »

Butch looks at Crystal.
"Don't worry, I'm sure we could figure out something to do." Butch says.

"Think Gil could manage a distraction? "
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:01:00 pm by Aman »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 01, 2015, 01:59:35 pm »

That should be my washing-thing... I saw it first! I saved it!

"A lift and an autograph!" Ethel exclaims, with mixed feelings. She then coughs into the comms, "Still*cough*explodable, lots of C4.*cough*Needs detonator. Why?"

She looks for anything on her that can be autographed by the great Cold Rock Johnson.

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 01, 2015, 02:00:37 pm »

"We need it 'sploded Ethel. Think you could manage it with a distraction?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 01, 2015, 02:08:12 pm »

Cold Rock signs an autograph, as everyone gets in, and the limo and SUV drive away from The Friendly Kitty.

"Something to drink?" Cold rock offers Simon and Ethel, the two of them seated opposite Cold Rock and the reporter Julian in the expansive limo - with the centrifuge machine sitting in the space between them.

Ethel realizes that a really subtle action on her part, could allow her to drop one of her remote detonators into the machine. Then at a later time, she could set it off over the Net. With any luck, it would set off the C-4 and destroy the machine.

But is she really willing to risk killing innocent bystanders? Is she ready to become a terrorist? Maybe she could somehow use it as a hostage situation? Threaten to blow it up if Cold Rock didn't willingly hand it over or something?

Simon meanwhile, just kicks his feet up, happily accepts a drink, and engages Cold Rock in idle chit-chat.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:10:13 pm by BerkaZerka »

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 01, 2015, 02:12:05 pm »

"Gee whiz, thanks Cold Rock!" She smiles, pocketing the autograph.

She coughs again. "Yeah. But why?"

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 01, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »

Gilbert meanwhile, loses all connection to the camera drones as they are called back and shut off.

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 01, 2015, 02:23:50 pm »

With his drones offline, Genny a mess, and the internet not giving him answers, Gilbert is content to just hang back and wait everything out. He briefly considers asking fixer, but decides that if Genny is freaking out this much over it, it's probably better if their knowledge on the matter stays within their group.

(OCC: And yes, there's no way he would have stayed on the truck. He would have demanded/begged to be put somewhere safe along with the other non-combatants and Jacob)

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 01, 2015, 02:26:13 pm »

"Gee whiz, thanks Cold Rock!" She smiles, pocketing the autograph.

She coughs again. "Yeah. But why?"
"Some terrible shit. Dunno details, just know it needs to explode." Butch sends over.

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2015, 02:39:24 pm »

"Uh, alright," she says to both Cold Rock and Butch. "What do you got? Applejuice?"

---

Sleight of Hand 13 1d20 : 9, total 9
vs.
Cold Rock Spot 11 1d20 : 13, total 13
Julian Spot 11 1d20 : 13, total 13
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:54:59 pm by BerkaZerka »

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 01, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »

As they ride along, Ethel manages to slip one of her remote detonators into the centrifuge device unseen.

Afterwards, the limo pulls up to the spaceport and Cold Rock’s driver gets out and opens the doors.

As Ethel and Simon step out, Cold Rock calls to Simon – “Hey Simon buddy,” he says, “step back in here a moment.”

Simon complies and the driver shuts the door; leaving Ethel standing alone with the driver on the sidewalk.

After a minute or two, the tinted window rolls down.

Simon pops his head out and says to Ethel, “Hey Ethel – Cold Rock just offered me a position on his team! Think I’m going to have to take him up on the offer. You know – better dental plan and all that.”

He then hands Ethel her detonation device and grins, “Cold Rock says he’ll give you twenty four hours to cash Genny in, before he puts the centrifuge up for bid.”

“And don’t worry, that evil LifeCyclon isn’t going to get it back. They should have thought of that before they threw us in lockup!”

The window rolls up and the driver gets back in.

As the limo and SUV drive away, Ethel hears Simon one last time on her comlink – “Watch out for that psycho bitch Crystal and tell the others, ‘thanks for the laughs!’”

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 01, 2015, 06:18:41 pm »

Epilog
The following morning, the team meets at the spaceport with reps from the LifeCyclon Corporation to trade Genny in for the 5,000,000 writ bounty.

The handoff goes without a hitch – Genny having suffered a mental breakdown and proving completely useless in explaining anything about ‘Project Re-Write’ or what the centrifuge machine (he was trying to blow up) was for.

The suits ask if Genny had anything with him when he was captured; and are disgruntled over shelling out the bounty for Genny alone – even though that was the standing deal.

Afterwards, the team heads to the Space Bar to await the arrival of Captain Montoya and the Dandy Desperado – just now docking at the spaceport (after a mostly successful mission to apprehend Jerimiah Jackson).

As they sit at their table sipping drinks (and perhaps wondering how they are going to break the loss of the Plan B to Montoya), ‘The System’s Most Wanted’ comes on:

Clyde – “Howdy to all 350,000 bounty hunters in the system. This is ‘The System’s Most Wanted and the Bounty Hunters That Catch ‘Em’ with your favorite hosts, Bonnie and Clyde!”

Bonnie – “Today we have footage of the capture of Genny Putkoff by the ever-popular Cold Rock Johnston” (swoon).

Clyde – “Shore shooting Bonnie, that’s right, let’s watch.”

What follows, is Cold Rock Johnston’s documentary-style footage beginning with a shot of himself mugging the camera.

Cold Rock – “As I have started to hit the peak of what just one man can do in his pursuit of justice and decency for a cold and thankless world, I have decided to take in a few poor slobs and turn them into successful cowboys such as myself.”

The scene changes to a boot camp-like training session with what look like actors, poorly dressed up to look like Ethel and the rest of the team.

Cold Rock introduces Simon Mayhem into the camera, as his “Special Guest Star Instructor” and the two of them yell the recruits down, like a pair of drill sergeants; while the recruits kiss-up to them in a manner that would make any professional bootlicker proud.

Cold Rock walks into the camera again, mugging like a ham at some second grade talent show.

Cold Rock – “It was hard, but we finally managed to instill our new trainees with what makes me the master cowboy I am; dedication, motivation, and integrity!”

Again the scene switches; this time to Cold Rock in a limo.

Cold Rock – “Well, we’ve had the chopper drop them off. They were feeling a little gun-shy, so ol’ Simon Mayhem volunteered to go with them to boost their resolve.”

“Let’s see how they do with their first assignment – Going after the desperate and dangerous Genny Putkoff!”

The scene then changes to an aerial view of The Friendly Kitty.

The team sees themselves caught on tape hustling Genny out the back, which thankfully, fails to capture any of their faces.

Then the part where Cold Rock ‘interviews’ Simon about the bomb, followed with Ethel’s ‘interview’ in the basement, and lastly Ethel and Simon climbing into Cold Rock’s limo.

There, another faked scene shows Cold Rock congratulating the team over a face-to-face link for a successful first mission under his protective wing – where they all suck up to Cold Rock and Simon like witless roadies in the presence of their rock and roll idols.

---

When the show ends, the team notices a small crowd of teenage schoolgirls gathered around the entrance to the Space Bar.

“Hey aren’t you Cold Rock Johnston’s new trainees? (Swoon) Can we have your autographs?”

END

BerkaZerka

• Administrator
  • BHB Magistrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2015, 06:19:14 pm »

And in walks Montoya ...

Drakilian

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »

Crystal doesn't look at Montoya.

I'm not going to be the one to break the news...

Tanstaafl

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2015, 07:11:07 pm »

Ethel almost immediately gets up to greet the captain. "Mission accomplished, sir!" She salutes the captain akwardly before breaking down, her eyes concentrated on the floor.

"But, we... Uh, well, it didn't work out. We ain't going to Vegas, captain. I'm really sorry..."

killa_robot

• Veteran Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 01, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »

Seeing his captain arrive, Gilbert hurriedly waddles over to him.

"Hey, Inigo. That crazy bitch Crystal... she uh, ordered me to slam the Plan B into a helicopter that was following us..."

He whispers, throwing a quick glance at her.

"So the ship isn't here anymore. Cause, you know, it sort of blew up. We almost destroyed the helicopter too! But they had military men armed with guns, and well, the poor Plan B never really stood a chance. She could have won if we had gotten a better first hit I suppose; almost ran right through that helicopter the first try! Haha... ha... ha... So yeah, we sort of, kind of, maybe don't have that secondary ship anymore. I wouldn't bring it up to Crystal though. I mean, she actually wanted to chop the heads off of these Red jacket guys and put them on spikes, then throw the spikes into a strip club! Crazy right? Cutting off of their heads was disturbing to begin with, but putting them on spikes makes me thinks she wants people to worship her like some pagan god of death or something. So I think it's in the best interests of everyone if we just, you know, let it go and never ever mention it again. Right? That sounds good, right? On the plus side we saw some ninjas. I mean, not real ninjas, cause they used guns rather than superior Japanese katanas, but we saw some. Of course, Crystal scared them off though. They were the poor bastards that she ordered cut the heads off. The ninjas and red guys were enemies to begin with, they even offered to help us off them, but I guess there are limits that ever fake ninjas won't cross. Those limits namely being cutting heads off and putting them on spikes. On the plus side we were able to kill the red guys without much issue. We planted bombs and blew them up without much effort. Crystal idea again, as you might have guessed. We even killed the brother of Genny, before he could give us information. I guess since we were able to find Genny anyway we didn't really need him alive, but it sort of felt cruel and unfair to just slaughter all of them like that. I mean, we're bounty hunters sure, but we ain't hired hit men... I mean, we're not right? I didn't sign up to kill people. Well, I sort of did. Only in situations and scenarios where we absolutely have to, or if it's safer to do so. We have to prioritize ourselves over others, right? Yeah, that's what I thought too. We're supposed to be swashbuckling bounty hunters, not murderous bastards. I mean sure, we handed off what was probably an innocent person trying to make a difference in this lawless galaxy to a large, evil corporation that was probably behind some massive sinister plot, but is that really so wrong? Especially if we get paid? I don't think so, not really. Well, okay, maybe a little bit, but is it really so wrong to do something wrong every once in a while if it means getting paid? Who knows, maybe this Genny fellow is fine? Maybe he's getting the proper treatment now that he's back at LifeCyclon Corporation in order to get him heathy again? They'd likely only do that in order to get more information out of him before they kill him for his betrayal, but him getting help is still an upside, right? Oh! We saw Cold Rock as well. I'm sure you've already seen his bastardized version of our adventure on tv, but it was still pretty cool to see him, and be on tv. Even if it wasn't really me. Did you think the TV me was skinnier than the real me? I'd like to think that he was, and that is was Cold Rock doing me a solid by representing the real me rather than the physical me, you know what I mean? The me that he saw me as, even though he never really saw me, since I was hiding under a tarp the whole time. Speaking of tarps have you met Tubbs yet? He's a pretty cool guy, I think. He's with us because we slaughtered his buddies. Yeah, he was a Red Jacket before, but I think he could be a pretty useful servant around here. Plus, he's used to shitty conditions, so we don't even really need to treat him all that well. We should, of course. He's human too and should be treated with a bit of respect, like everyone else. I'm just saying that if we have to make the tough choice between us eating and him eating, I think he'd be okay with us eating instead. He's probably used to going hungry, so he's more well suited for the task. He could be like, the red shirt for the team. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?"

Gilbert will then take a moment to catch his breath, before adding:

"So how did your adventure go?"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:37:32 pm by killa_robot »

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 02, 2015, 12:50:44 pm »

Montoya stares vary carefully the entire time Gilbert is speaking but fades out after the first few sentences and concentrates only on plan B and thr reward.

"Thankyou for thr explanation!" he announces while patting Gil on the shoulder "So where is my plan B and what were our actual takings? We of course collected the full bounty, stopped an evil dower and destroyed the ship of an evil tyrant!" he flourishes to make his point seem dramatic

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 02, 2015, 02:23:01 pm »

Butch grunts.
"Plan B blew up. Got a negative bounty this time around. Not our best showing." Butch says simply.

"Where's Moonkit?" Butch then quickly adds, looking around.

Forge

• BHB Titan
  • Legendary Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 06, 2015, 02:31:30 pm »

"Holding down the fort with Vicini." He replies "I should head back too, if Plan B blew up then we need a new ship quickly!"

Not Aman

• Global Moderator
  • BHB Superstar
  • Bagdhaddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 07, 2015, 11:38:31 am »

"Yup." Butch nods, agreeing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up